Create Account

We're not in Kansas Anymore
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 07:06 PM by Fluw.)

Straight out of the Wizard of Oz the Lethbridge Lions are missing their heart. With a 5-14-0 record on the season the Lions have all but shown how they are trying to find the heart they so desperately desire.
Unfortunately it all starts with the goaltending which for the Lions has been woefully terrible all stemming from a certain Patrice Nadeau. It is quite evident that Mr. Nadeau has the skills to be a top goaltender in this league however for whatever reason he has shown what a liability he has been for the Lions dreams at success. Sporting a lovely .877 Save Precentage , 3.58 GAA and a magnifying 3 wins in 16 games Nadeau is by all means the wicked witch of the west for our little cubs. The honeymoon phase has passed and if you are expecting Patrice to lead the team down the so called yellow brick road then you are sorely mistaken and this team is headed to Winkie Country. Unfortunately for our little cub Nadeau he seems to be slow in the net with extremely poor agility and seems to be in his own head blaming himself for the poor performance of the team. While true that most of the fault lies in Nadeau and his inability to stop a puck there, he has the potential and the ability in him to reach great heights. After a recent practice Nadeau was hounded by the media to which he finally broke his silence.

" Sure, alright, you think I don't know I am playing like garbage? " said a very upset Nadeau, " I am working on my weaknesses and I have the confidence of my teammates and the coaching staff which is all I need to know that I am doing what I can to bring success to the Lethbridge Lions."

If indeed what Nadeau said was true then the team seems to be strong like glue and no amount of losing will separate this team, at least for now. The Lethbridge Lions may be missing their heart in the standings but they for sure have spirit and can still turn this season around with the hard work and bonds they have created. With a recent 3-2 win over the Vancouver Whalers the Lions were out shot 36-20 however were provided with stellar goaltending by our very own Mr. Nadeau netting himself a 0.944 Save Percentage showing that his hard work and recent criticism has hopefully helped him overcome his rough start this season.

"I told you I was working on things," said a smiling Nadeau, " I believe in hard work, and I feel it pays off and we all saw it here now I just need to focus on the next game and be there for my team, it's all I want. Lions forever! MOO!" 

Nadeau refused to comment further on his Moo comment and everyone was left confused wondering if the recent win had made him lose his mind or maybe his mind was never their at all however one thing is certain, hard work does pay off and it did so for Patrice. If this type of play continues the Lions could very well make it to Oz and find their hearts as this season is still far from over all that's left is to wait and see what the Lions do next.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Heya @Fluw
I moved the article to the SMJHL Media section where it's supposed to be.
SMJHL Media Grades will move it to the Graded section after it has been graded.

Have a good day/evening!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

01-09-2019, 07:06 PMZoone16 Wrote: Heya @Fluw
I moved the article to the SMJHL Media section where it's supposed to be.
SMJHL Media Grades will move it to the Graded section after it has been graded.

Have a good day/evening!

Thanks I didn't really know where it went ! Smile

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]