Create Account

S45 PT #5 - SHL Global

For most execs, the big buzz right now is about gaining traction in China and potentially bringing in hundreds of millions of viewers, creating a vast amount of income. This is all fine and dandy, and although I would love to see more people watching hockey, I also want to see more people strap on the skates and take part. Hockey is an expensive sport, and the number of people in China how can probably afford to play is limited. For that reason, my choice for a game would be Germany. They already have a handful of star players and a bit of hockey interest, but if the game is cultivated and grown properly Germany has all the makings to become a powerhouse. Many of Germany's star forwards have recently retired, such as Geronimo Otto, Isaac Kaiser and Lord Pretty Flacko, but Germany still boasts defense in spades, Toronto has two of their top defenseman, Zander Rhys and Finn Kruger, so I would choose them as one team. The other I would go with Buffalo, as they have top young German star, GOD McZehrl. The game would take place in Berlin.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

After the extensive success of team Ireland in the IIHF tournament these past few seasons, I am proposing we send two teams to Ireland to play a series of games to really get people into the SHL. It's a hotbed for hockey at the moment, so it's time to strike while the iron is hot. As for the teams I'd send there, how about sending two of the league's newest brandings, the Tampa Bay Barracuda and the Chicago Syndicate? This is a great way to showcase the newest identities in the league and hopefully drum up some support abroad for the teams by telling everyone it's their chance to get in on the ground floor of something new. Throw together some fancy "Irish series" jerseys and the money will start rolling in. It's a win-win for the Simulation Hockey League and hockey fans in Ireland, and should hopefully lead to even more Irish hockey players making the jump across the pond to play in the SHL.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

If I’m the SHL, I’m looking to expand the SHL brand and make a pile of money. So I’m taking the league to Russia to try to snuggle up to those oligarchs. We’ll do it in the Megasport Sport Palace, because I think that has the largest seating capacity for hockey. We’ll obviously want to put our best foot forward when it comes to the teams we send. The first team will be the Los Angeles Panthers. They have some of the best branding in the league and are from one of the most recognizable cities in North America. The next team will be the West Kendall Platoon. While they’re not from an especially recognizable location, they have some really good branding, and have been one of the most successful teams over the past 5 seasons or so. We treat some of the Russian elite to a first class hockey experience in the hopes that they invest in the SHL.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

A fantastic place for a SMJHL game against two powerhouses is obviously Disney Land in the great city of Tokyo. It has been known for a long time that Disney Land in Tokyo is the most popular Disney related theme park besides the two in Florida and California respectively. There would be so many new eyes on the product and it would really give both hockey clubs a chance to represent their sport in a new environment where people can really appreciate the effort they have put in to what they do. Because of the fact that this is an international event, there should be media from multiple countries making an appearance. There will be media booths set up to cover all of the awesome hockey going on between two teams of my choosing. I will be selecting the St. Louis Scarecrows and Vancouver Whalers as both are currently locked into a tight rivalry. Any game between them is sure to be a great one. These two teams are likely the right choice to represent the SMJHL on a road trip to show new eyes what the sport is really about.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

The SHL should head to Berlin, Germany to promote the league. Germany has long been one of the top hockey nations in the IIHF tournament, and the have produced a number of prominent SHL players and GMs such as David Winter, Joe McKeil, Christoph Klose, Timo Haas, and of course the infamous McZerhl family. The Buffalo Stampede and the Toronto North Stars would be my choices for the two teams to send overseas. The Stampede have the SHL's most prominent German, GOD McZerhl, and other Germans in Friedrich Konig and top prospect Alexander Selich. The Stars have top German talent as well, as their top d-pairing of Finn Kruger and Zander Rhys are two of the best dmen in the SHL. These two teams also have a great rivalry, and their games in Germany are bound to be exciting and eventful. I'm sure the players wouldn't mind a free trip to Berlin either.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Just like the NFL tries to grow it's brand by sending teams every year to play in London I think the SHL should follow suit and hold exhibition games there as well. And what better opportunity for the two new teams to play than this, going to a country where not a great deal is probably known about hockey. Therefor I would love to see the New Orleans Specters play the Chicago Syndicate in London. It would be great hype for those new franchises to help grow a fan base. It would also be encouraging to other nations highlighting the fact that the SHL is expanding. I would also have the nations in IIHF represented in some sort of ceremony or presentation before the game highlighting the international flavor the SHL does currently have. It would also be something special for those players who may be feeling a bit down in the dumps after being exposed and taken away from their old teams in the expansion draft to maybe lessen some of those feelings of hurt by participating in an event the rest of the SHL players wouldn't be.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

In an attempt help grow the game of hockey to other nations in the world, the SHL will be hosting a exhibition games in countries such as Australia, Japan, Egypt, and the various -istan countries. The first game will held in Cairo, Egypt and will have the West Kendall Platoon face off against the Calgary Dragons. In addition to facing each other, they will play against local teams. To encourage the creation of local teams, members of the Platoon and Dragons will help teach locals the game of hockey. The SHL will donate equipment for men and youth teams, as well help develop the infrastructure required to construct and manage an ice rink. The Platoon and Dragons were selected as the teams because they represent some of the best talent the SHL has to offer, as well as being the most successful franchises in recent years. For the Australia trip, it has been confirmed that the Winnipeg Jets and New England Wolfpack will play each other and local teams.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

the 2 teams I would pick to play internationally are the Calgary Dragons and the Edmonton Blizzard. I would call it like the Old Guard vs. New Guard and I would place it in Japan. With more focus on getting Hockey to Asia we must play hockey there to get them pumped up. Calgary would have the best player in the history of the world in their roster in Esa, and EDM has some of the best young players that the SHL can offer. It would be 3 games over a week, so it would be the best of 3. They would also scrim against local japaneese teams and help promote the game of hockey to them by donating equipment and the SHL will help build rinks in Japan. While there the SHL will promote it throughout Asia, as on the 3 games, they play in Japan, China, and Korea, each stopping there and playing hockey. I believe that this will help jumpstart the game of hockey to asia

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

There's been a number of really good locations suggested for the SHL's world series games. However, many of these places already have hockey leagues of their own. What would truly be a great location would be a place that has no experience with the sport. That's why I would like to nominate Thimphu, Bhutan to receive an SHL world series game.

Bhutan is situated nicely between the two most populous countries (India, and China). While the population of Bhutan is small, this location would allow the nearly 2 billion people bordering it to watch and experience the SHL. Bhutan also hosts some of the most diverse wildlife in the world, matching the diversity of the league nicely. And with no current hockey league, the SHL has an untapped market of possible stars in the making.

As for the teams... A week long vacation in one of the most storied, most beautiful countries may be what Buffalo and San Francisco after a disappointing season. The crisp, fresh air hopefully will rejuvenate the teams, making them strong co tenders in years to come.

[Image: Geza.gif]

sig credit: ml002, Reynolds 
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] | [Image: B4x6AQm.png]

To promote the SHL across the world, I think there is no better idea than to have the tow best teams in the league, the Edmonton Blizzard and West Kendall Platoon, to play a home and home in China. China is the country with the biggest population and is slowly becoming less isolated from the rest of the world, so there are millions and millions of people to influence over there. You definitely need to send your best talent over there, so sending the two best teams is a great idea. Each team is loaded with superstars. The Blizzard have Joe Kurczewski, Oisin Fletcher, Teddy Cuddles, Tor Tuck, Connor Tanner, Tommy Tuck, and may other fantastic players. The Platoon boast a talented roster as well with players like Roman Augustus, Ludwig Koch Shroder, Bojo Biscuit, Leafer Reily, Trevor Wilson, and Dani Forsberg. Each teams will be able to showcase the best talent to the most amount of people, making this matchup and location and easy choice.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The only way the league should expand is in the same time zone, so why not Brazil?

The Dragons would be one of the teams, and they would face off against rival Winnipeg Jets. The Jets had legendary player Ron Mexico play for them, so they are a fan favorite in Mexico and in South American nations like Brazil, while the Dragons act as a perfect villain. Rivalries are huge for developing a fanbase, and these two teams definitely have that, as they have met in the playoffs in the past few years. The exciting hockey should pull in new viewers and make it a fun night out for all those that attend.

[Image: Kk6ut2a.jpg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

In my opinion it would be good for the league to expand more into europe so I think a game in Germany would be a good option to help the league grow overall. The stadium would be the Lanxess Arena which is the biggest hockey stadium in Europe. As for the team that would face each other I think give them some juicy rivalry games. So it would be the Buffalo Stampede against their division rival from Canada the Toronto North Stars. Both teams have displayed their dislike for each other in the past in the media. Choosing teams that are in the eastern timezone also makes sense so that the existing fanbases of these two teams can still comfortably watch this game live and have their usual hockey experience. Both teams also have quite a few German stars on their rosters. For Buffalo we have GOD McZehrl and for Toronto we have Finn Krüger.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

For a long time, Ireland has gone unrecognized as a true hockey nation. Sending over numerous SHL legends to play in North America, few realize that there would be a huge market in Ireland for competitive hockey. Should the SHL move to expand internationally, I believe that Ireland would be the first logical spot to put a team. With young players in the Hamilton Steelhawks such as Tig Murphy, it would make the most sense for the Steelhawks to make the trip out to Ireland to have a game against them. West Kendall Platoon, having had Leafer Reilly and Bojo Biscuit on the roster, would also make sense for a hockey team that has plenty of Irish history to make a trip out to Ireland to play a game. As for cities, I think Dublin would make the most sense to have the match in, giving it's size and population.

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho