Create Account

S45 Championship Week

TASK 4: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
PM'd

Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: JpQwGms.jpg]

TASK 6: (Written, 3 TPE)
This season concludes Geezus Kryyst’s 5th professional season. So far he has followed in my glorious tradition of never making it out of the first round. This season, however, was the first time Kryyst didn’t at least make the playoffs. Barney Stinson managed to make the Hall of Fame without ever winning a cup. I hope to change that with Kryyst. As it stands, my intention is to continue playing in Hamilton. Hell, I may even try to be a career Hamilton player. I hope to bring at least one cup to Hamilton, preferably more. I’d also like to bring home a few individual trophies, but I’m pretty sure EVERYONE has those goals. I would like to finish my career in the top 10 of saves all time. I’d also like to finish in the top 5 all time of wins. That’s going to be a pretty tall task, but here’s to hoping. (Words: 153)

Task 7: (Graphic, up to 3 TPE)
[Image: OFxPuet.png]
[Image: 41bsdQi.png]
[Image: 4KmwHvg.png]

Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)
[Image: NRYHsys.png]

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
This offseason my plan is to continue training as usual. My team is currently developing a lot of youthful talent so it may be another season or so before we see success. Kryyst is just about to enter his prime and expect to max out most of the important stats, or at least come close, this offseason. From there it will be finishing up maxing out Size and Agility, meaning size, agility, rebound control, style control, hand speed, and reaction time will all be maxed out, including his strengths (rebound control, hand speed, style control). From there I might as well start dumping TPE into my weakness (skating) since in effect all TPE going forward is just essentially being parked for regression. Hopefully by the time I max out the rest of the team will be coming into their own and Hamilton can push for a cup and finally knock off the god damned West Kendall Platoon. (Words: 157)

[Image: WuRZxKN.png]
Player Twitter
Kryyst: Player Page | Update Page
Stinson:Player Page

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 06:59 PM by JVMjrDOT.)

PM'd

NSFL PT

[Image: 400x200.jpg]

TASK 6:

I have been able to accomplish most of the items on Wilson's bucket list. I have racked up a lot of points, which is something I was hoping to do. To take this a bit further I would like to break into the top 50 of all time, which should be doable this season assuming I don't fall off a cliff. I have ticked off winning all three of the major championships, Four Star Cup, Gold Medal, and of course the Challenge Cup. I wouldn't mind winning one more Challenge Cup cause you can never really have enough. The last big thing that I would like to do is pass Jed Lloren in all time points for West Kendall Platoon. This is something I was originally attempting in Seattle, but then he traded me and relocated the team so it is no longer possible. I only need 69 more points to accomplish this, hopefully it is possible.

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 06:02 PM by Hoovuh.)

Task 2: (Graphic, 2 TPE)
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*
[Image: rs4cX8z.png]
[Image: hMyLQUm.png]

Task 5: (Graphic, 3 TPE)
During the finals there will be a television segmant talking about the leagues locker room environments. Submit a graphic visually highlighting three key appealing features of your locker room. Must include team logo, team name, and text captions for the features you have chosen.
[Image: mOhY0XD.png]

Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.
Bucket lists for hockey achievements are weird. Sure you can go and hope to accomplish everything, and you could have an amazing year, but almost every single time there will be someone just a step ahead of you to get that achievement. In the SMJHL for my 1st two years, I have already achieved what many will not... 2 Four Star Cups. In terms of individual awards, by the time I leave the SMJHL, i want to be able to win the Brandon Holmes trophy for Top Defensive Forward. For when I get to the SHL, of course I want to go ahead and be apart of a team that wins the Championship Cup, but eventually I want to be able to win the Jeff Darr Trophy for the best two way player. For IIHF, I hope to be apart of team USA someday and win a gold medal. Not too difficult of dreams for a young kid eh?

Task 7: (Graphic, up to 3 TPE)
In an effort to boost spending the SHL wants to create a coupon flyer for challenge cup merchandise! Create coupons of items that involve something related to the Challenge Cup series. Coupon should have a visual component and wording about the sale. Each coupon is worth 1 TPE, you can do up to 3 coupons.
[Image: 0F9Lckd.png]

Task 9 (Graphic, 3 TPE)
People in West Kendall and Edmonton couldnt wait to read the morning paper the day their teams made it to the finals! Create the front page of a newspaper of 1 of the 2 teams clinching a berth into the Challenge Cup Championships! Front page should include a newspaper background. the name of the newspaper, a catchy title and a picture with name of one of the player renders celebrating.
[Image: nVxmEdm.png]

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 02:58 PM by Rich.)

Code:
TASK 1: (Written, 3 TPE)
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.

The San Francisco Pride did not have a good regular season. I don’t think anyone would have guessed they’d be in the playoffs, but I thought they’d be better than they were. The defense is there. The goaltending isn’t the problem. They need more help at forward. They have a bunch of young guys with great potential, but no one that is in their prime. They could really use another season to develop, and a player in their prime who plays a complete game. I’d be looking at someone like a Tigole Bitties or a Roman Augustus type player. Someone that can be relied on for solid offense and solid defense. Someone that doesn’t need an elite supporting cast, but will be ok working with some younger guys who are likely to make mistakes. Those young guys mature, and by the time they’ve reached their prime, the guy in their prime now will still be good, but on the tail end of their prime years.

Code:
Task 3: (Written, up to 5 TPE)
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?
4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.

1. There really is no wrong answer here. I think both guys were extremely valuable. Joe K made Edmonton’s 2nd line elite, but the team was already the best in the league. Augustus is one of the most complete players in the SHL. I give Augustus a very slight edge because I like hits and I think WKPs roster wasn’t as good as EDMs, so they needed the help a bit more.
2. I’m taking Joe K, Roman Augustus, Oisin Fletcher, Ludwig Koch Schroder, Tor Tuck, and Tommy Tuck. 3 centers, why not? They’re 3 of the best players in the league. LKS finally plays like the elite talent we all thought he should be. Tor Tuck has the 2nd most hits in the playoffs, which I like. Tommy Tuck doesn’t really need any explanation after the regular season he had.
3. I would have guessed it would be Piotr Czerkawski. Turns out that wasn’t the case. I would have thought playing with players like Fletcher and Cuddles that he would be able to steal a few more points. Looks to me like Kalju did the most on this stage. He did pretty well with the 23 minutes per game he had and tied for the highest +/- on his team and the highest in the playoffs.
4. West Kendall’s management team has the clear advantage to me. They have experience winning cups and making deep playoff runs. Edmonton has had the best team in the league for a little bit, and they haven’t been able to get it done. That tells me that WKP has a bit better understanding of how to get the most out of their team. They make the days of WKP consistently underperforming feel like a distant memory.
5. Neither of these teams have any glaring weaknesses. Edmonton probably has the strongest roster in the history of the league. I guess if you look at WKP, you could maybe say their 3rd defensive pair is weak. Sort of. So if you’re going to try to exploit anything, I guess you exploit that matchup, which Edmonton does naturally with the depth they have.

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Individual awards were never really in the cards for my player. I made peace with that early in his career. I got a few Jeff Dar nominations, which is nice. A win would have been better, but it wasn't what I was after and it won’t happen this late in my career. I’ve got cups, more is always nice, but I’m happy with 3. The last things to accomplish are to reach 3000 career hits. I’d also like to take 2nd all time in hits. 1st is out of reach, and I don’t want to hang on just for that. I think 2nd and being the 3rd player ever to reach 3000 hits is enough to put Lundberg on the list of one of the most physical players of all time. I’m happy with that. I always wanted him to be known for his hard work and grindy play. I think I’ve done that to the best of my ability.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

Lundberg has a bit of a ritual for his offseason activity. First order of business is to go home to Sweden. He always like to spend a few weeks with friends and family. A vacation for his mind and body is very important, especially at this stage of his career. After the vacation, he heads right back to wherever he currently calls home in North America. Then it’s right back in to his usually offseason grind. He always thinks of hockey as his 9-5 job, even in the offseason. That means regular training sessions 5 days a week. It also means a fairly strict diet. It’s not quite regular season strict, but close. This offseason regimen is even more important now that he is so late in his career. His advanced age for a profession athlete and his grinding play style puts a lot of stress on his body. High level maintenance is required to keep him going through a 50 game season.

NSFL PT

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 03:25 PM by raymond3000.)

Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in 150 words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.[b]
[/b]
The Texas Renegades , to the surprise of many, were the second best team in the Western Conference this season. They did so on the back of a MVP level performance from their star player, Louie Garrett and solid all-around play from their top four defenseman. However, they came up short in the playoffs, losing to the eventual cup champions, the Edmonton Blizzard, in the second round. The team is still very young, and is trending upwards. However, to really be a cup favourite, I think they still need to add another elite forward. Garrett is one of the best there is, but the Renegades need another top forward to balance out their attack. Ideally, this player would be a sniper with a great scoring touch, as you can never have too many of those in the SHL. Acquiring another center would also help Texas, as their current second line center, Conkilin Owen, is deep into regression, and his play is declining rapidly.

Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?
Joe Kurczewski is the better player of the two, but I believe Roman Augustus is the more valuable player to his team. Edmonton has another top tier star in Oisin Fletcher, and a deeper team overall compared to the Platoon. Apart from Augustus, the Platoon only have one other elite player in Forsberg, who doesn't provided the physical impact that Augustus does.

2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain alittle about your selections.
F - Joe Kurczewski
F - Roman Augustus
F - Dani Forsberg
D - Tor Tuck
D - Brady McIntyre
G - Beaujeaux Biscuit

The three forwards are undoubtedly three of the best players in the SHL. It also helps that Augustus has also spent considerable time playing with both Kurczewski and Forsberg, so there's some instant chemistry there. The defense is comprised of the Blizzard's top two dmen. They led Edmonton to by far the best defensive record in the league this season. In net, we have Biscuit, who has been the SHL's top goalie for a number of seasons now. He's won multiple Challenge Cups, and always gives his team a chance to win.

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why?

4. Between Edmonton's (karlssens and Keygan) and West Kendall's (JR95 and Wongy) which set of GM's have the tactical/Managerial advantage in this series and why?
This is a tough one, as all four are respected, long time members. Of the two head GMs, karlssens has been in his position longer, but I think JR has a deeper understanding of the sim due to his experience as SMJHL simmer. Comparing the co-GMs, I'd give Keygan the edge as he was head GM for a long time in Montreal, and I'm not sure how much experience Wongy has. Overall, I'd give the Platoon GMs the edge because they've won two Challenge Cups in recent seasons.

5. Scout for 1 of the teams in the finals and give them a report on the what area's on there roster can be exploited in the upcoming series.
If you're the West Kendall Platoon, you're worried about the state of your defense corps. LKS and Jon Ross are Platoon legends, but they're getting up there in age, and LKS has seemingly always underperformed. Their other two top 4 defenseman, Brokstad and Kardinger, are younger, but not especially great. Going up against the potent Blizzard forwards, they'll have to be at their best to have a chance at winning.

SENT

Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In 150 words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.

Early on in Kvalheim's career, he is just getting started on his bucket list. First off, he wishes to win championships. Unfortunately, he hasn't really come close to winning a Four Star Cup yet, and time is running out before he makes the jump to the SHL. The Militia haven't won a playoff round in his two season with the team, and S46 would be his last chance (if he isn't called up already). Thankfully, his SHL team, the Texas Renegades, are a team on the rise, and look to be competing for Challenge Cups every season. On a personal note, Kvalheim would like to win a Dar trophy one day as the league's best two way player. He prides himself on playing a 200 foot game, and would love to have that sort of recognition. Further down the line, he'd like to break into the all-time hits leaderboard. While becoming the SHL's all time leader is the goal, Kvalheim would settle for being top 5.

Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Your player is out of the playoffs! Whether this is because the team didn't make it, or you have been eliminated, or you won the cup, in 150 words or more write about what your plans are for the offseason!

Kvalheim's season ended in disapointment, losing to the Vancouver Whalers in the SMJHL playoffs. Shortly after, he took a vacation to Hawaii to enjoy some time away from the game and recuperate from the long season. After that, he went back to his home in Norway and began to start training again. He wasn't satisfied with his play last season, and is training with fellow Norweigan SHLers to improve his game. In a few weeks, Kvalheim will travel back to North America to attend the Renegade's annual prospect camp, where he'll hope to impress the Renegades staff and hang out with his fellow Renegades prospects. After that, it'll be straight into the national team for international play, where he'll be representing Norway at both the World Junior and World Championships tournaments. All in all, it'll be a busy season for Kvalheim as he looks to kick his game into another gear.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 07:04 PM by tweedledunn.)

Task 2:
@twils
[Image: IQkKhM1.png]

@.bojo
[Image: zmmO57T.png]

Task 3:
(1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why?)
--84 Words--
Both teams were very smart bringing in these two big honking center boys. I have to give the advantage to the Edmonton Blizzard though for two reasons. Reason one, well, the finals are over and I know they won and just realized the fan sign tasks is only worth two tpe so here I am writing another task for one tpe. Reason two is players will be confused and probably blinded reading Kurczewski giant last name. Thank god for copy and pasta am I right?

(2. Between both rosters, create an all Challenge Cup starting lineup! (D, D, F, F, F, G) and in 50 words or more explain a little about your selections.)
~69 Words~

West Kendall Platoon FORWARD – Alex Light (Fellow Season 31 Knight Alumni)
West Kendall Platoon FORWARD – Trevor Wilson (Fellow Season 31 Knight Alumni, ½ of the Fashion Twinz)
Edmonton Blizzard FORWARD - Cory Knouse (Fellow Knight Alumni)
West Kendall Platoon DEFENDER – Ludwig Koch Schröder (Fellow S31 and Germany Alumni)
Edmonton Blizzard DEFENDER - Brady McIntyre (Detroit RedWings Fan IRL)
West Kendall Platoon GOALTENDER - Beaujeaux Biscuit (I Enjoy His Box)

Task 4:
PM Sent!

Task 5:
[Image: NQQlW3i.png]

Task 7:
[Image: muFgt4Y.png?1] [Image: vmsgQu9.png?1] [Image: AZmKnKm.png?1]

Task 9:
[Image: 8B6WIdy.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Task 1

The main thing the San Francisco Pride is missing is a truly elite top-tier scoring forward. The team is fine in goal, and the blue line is solidly manned with 4 1K+ TPE players manning the point, but that is where the talent starts to dissipate. The two 1K TPE forwards on the team last season were Lundberg and Reid, both of whom are very physical and get lots of hits, but they don't fill the net with pucks! Young players like Thomason, King, and Brogen are showing great promise, but they are still a few seaosns away from reaching that truly elite level of play. So the number 1 need for the team is someone to anchor the top line with great skating and shooting skills, who can drive the offense and create goals for the team, because you can't win if you can't score!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task 3
Part 1. Both players are fantastic but WKP relies a lot more on Augustus. Kurzewski has a great cast of support and the team has amazing depth. WKP is top heavy and requires guys like Augustus to put the team on his back and carry the bulk of the load. If he is shut down, the team will have a hard time winning because there's nobody else on the team with the skill and talent and will to win.

Task 4: PM'd

Task 6.

I am still early in my career, having played a total of 2 seasons in the SHL, so a lot of my current accomplishments are things that can only happen in those early stages. In both my drafts, I was selected 5th OV, and that was a big thing, of course I would have liked to go higher but knowing the work I put in and the promise of my paying off in the teams investing in me was a good feeling. Winning bronze and then gold with team Scandinavia in the WJC was also a fun accomplishment, and now looking forward to getting some hardware for Norway in the IIHF. The next items to cross off on my personal bucket list are: Making playoffs, being a top 10 scorer, getting a hat trick, being an all-star, and winning the Challenge Cup!

Task 10.

The Pride were eliminated from the playoffs pretty early, so we knew we wouldn't be hanging around much when the season ended, so I was able to plan ahead and organize a little vacation. I flew back to Iceland and met up with some friends from home, and we went on a European excursion. We took a ferry to the UK, and then rented a car and drove around from city to city, and then from there we went to France. We spent a few days in Paris, really having a great time, rented a hotel suite and went out to great restaurants and clubs every night, really living it up! From there hopped the train and went to Italy, a couple days pigging out on some great pastas and wine, and then off to Greece! This was great, the Greeks really know how to have a good time, singing and dancing and getting drunk on Ouzo! After that we relaxed and hopped on a cruise ship and leisurely made our way back through the Mediterranean Sea, debarking for great nights out in Algeria, then Spain, then Portugal, then back to England. By now I was pretty burnt out so since then I flew to Norway and have been back training and getting ready for the IIHF tourney. But it was a fantastic vacation that will be life-long memories and I for sure will do it again next off-season! Unless by some miracle we make the playoffs!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 04:48 PM by Flowseidon.)

Honestly, there’s quite a bit of work left to be done with the San Francisco Pride. While this may sound bad, I have a very positive outlook on the future. As it stands, the Pride is a team that definitely drifts towards the young side, with a large crop of players having just completed their first season in the SHL. As a result, the biggest thing missing for the team is just experience and time to improve their skills. With promising rookie seasons (especially out of Luke Thomason), the Pride seem well posed to make a good run in the future. There is a key absence though, and that is in the departure or Leshaun King. The status of the once top of class rookie is in question as he is off on leave for personal reasons, leading him to have stopped practicing and only showing up for game time. Everyone on the Pride hopes that their friend and teammate will be able to make a return in the future to help round out the all-star lineup that they’ve been trying to build.

Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post 2 of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*

[Image: lfPpHK7.png]
[Image: ZFx82k9.png]
@Keygan @ErM

Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be 50 words or more.

1. I’m going to go with Joe Kurczewski. He has always been a powerhouse in this league and plays a great all around game while still being one of the highest scorers in the league this year. He seems to have fully acclimated to the new team and have become fast friends with people to help them bring home the ship.

Joe Kurczewski –Teodors Cukurs-Dani Forsberg
Tor Tuck – Ludwig Koch Schroder
Tommy Tuck
Up front I decided to create a high octane offense with all sorts of offensive upside. Don’t let that fool you though. This lineup can hold their own in the defensive end and will have no problem shutting down the other team when needed. Expect the offense to be turned up to a different level.
On the blueline, we have two experienced defenders who I think could have a great one timer. One has the smoothest passing you could possibly imagine while the other has an absolute cannon of a shot. Both are incredible defensively as well.
What can you say about Tommy Tuck? Leader in sv%, GAA, wins, and competitive in nearly every stat he’s not top of. A no-brainer here
3. I’m going to go with fellow draftee Tony Pepperoni. Having played against him through the years, I know how tenacious he can be, and how willing he is to sell everything for a playoff win. In playoff series in the SMJHL he was one of the toughest players to play against. He’s had a strong rookie campaign and is poised to continue that into the finals where he looks to make a nice difference from a position of depth.
4. Being a former Militia player, I have to take the side of Keygan as I am still contractually required to do. The team of Karlssens and Keygan have quickly built a powerhouse of a team, exploiting other teams needs to make trades due to locker room shifts, and have clearly shown that they have the go for the throat mentality needed to win a playoff series. They have discovered great line combinations for their team that have been very impressive through the duration of the season and playoffs.
5. I think the West Kendall Platoon have a good team coming in, but what I’ve noticed is that they tend to give up a lot of shots with a comparatively weaker goalie. With this in mind, I think that the best route for Edmonton is to pepper the net with shots. Make the goalie so tired that he becomes unfocused and starts to make mistakes.

TASK 4: Casual Member Special

Done

TASK 6: Bucket List

Being a young player, it means that my bucket list is still relatively unchecked with lots left to do. First things first though, I had the items of being drafted into the SHL and having some success in the SMJHL. Both of these having been achieved, it’s time to set my sights on bigger things as I establish my place in the pro game.

1. Above all else, I want to win a Cup. Individual awards along the way would be great, but there’s nothing I want more than to raise that cup above my head after a long and hard fought season
2. I want to be top 10 in league scoring at least once in my career, and hopefully make it close enough to be in the race by the end of the season.
3. I want to score against every team in the league. Just to show that no single team can keep me down forever
4. I want to get to the point where I can afford a house in San Fran. Goddamn is it ever expensive here, and I just want a consistent bedroom rather than having to couch surf every weekend.

There are scores of other things I'd like to accomplish, but I won't take up all of your time so that you can go on and start interviewing the superstars.

Task 10: Off-season

My offseason plans have been very set for the last two weeks, and I would thank you head office cronies to not ask for too many details. As it stands, I am deeply wrapped up in exposing the ties to the mob and the corruption that runs deep in our league with rigging, suspensions, and drug trade. I will be staying at an undisclosed location which may be close to a beach. It also may be deep in the woods. I suspect that this will require spending my funds on travel in order to try and attain the evidence to expose the shadow organization that is controlling the league and HO. I think it’s very important that I spend my off-season trying to ensure that we bring this like back to the bastion of integrity that it can be and ensuring that no one can dig their claws in for nefarious purposes.
Oh, and Canada’s Wonderland. Roller Coasters are sweet.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

4. PM sent

6. While Chris Partridge has had a moderately successful career on an individual basis, right now there are still far too many team achievements left outstanding that I feel need to be completed for my career to not feel entirely incomplete. To start with, I want to win the IIHF championship. After winning the WJC gold and transferring my allegiance from Canada to the Czech’s, I believe I set myself up strongly to be part of an international squad build to win medals. As of now we still haven’t quite jumped the hurdle necessary to win it all, but I believe that this is a bucket list goal that is within reach. The next and more important goal is to win the league championship. During my junior career I was on a perpetually rebuilding roster and never got the chance to win at that level, and as the Pride have been steadily rebuilding as well, my window to win the cup is slowly dwindling as I near the regression point. However I still trust in management’s vision for building a contending roster and I will continue to be loyal to the team until the day I retire.

Code:
196 words

10. While in past years I’ve spent my offseason going to the championship finals, bringing in new coaches to revolutionize my training or generally doing a wide array of things to help prepare me for a new year, I finally feel that I’m at the point where I need a well deserved break to properly reset my mindset and come into a new year fresh. The continual losing has steadily weighed on me, and I feel that by getting my mind off of hockey and pursuing some more relaxing opportunities, my mental health will be in a stronger state. To start with, I plan to take a pretty lengthy trip to Hawaii to properly unwind and soak in the sun on the tropical island. After that, I plan to spend a few weeks visiting different major cities in Europe to really embrace the different cultures and atmospheres, ideally spending some time watching hockey from other leagues to see the game from different points of views. Finally, I plan to spend a few weeks in the summer back at home in Edmonton where I can see a lot of my family that I barely get to see nowadays, and just unwind for the last little bit before the new season starts.

Code:
209 words

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 05:03 PM by Mavfatha.)

PBE PT

Task 4: PM sent

Task 1: One of the biggest problems we're facing as a team is that we have a lot of forwards that are filling just about the same role on the squad and that are also good enough to play on one of the top few lines for the team. Myself, Rafe Ulfrich, and especially Tigole Bitties are all heavily focused on scoring over passing along with having high defense and checking ratings. There's nothing inherently wrong with that of course, but it can seem like we're missing a piece on several lines no matter what configuration we go with. We could really use at least one more playmaking forward to supplement the rest of us with their passing. Also, with the loss of Mia Landvik to retirement, we are looking like we'll have a hole on our top defensive pairing to go with Sami Owens. We do have several younger in house defensemen, but they may not be quite ready for the big time yet. A strong defensive presence would go a long way towards shoring up the squad.

Task 6: Gotze is still pretty early in his career, but has achieved a few things that he is pretty proud of. Though he was a pretty late draft pick in the SMJHL originally, he was able to claim the rookie of the year award in that league. He would then go on to be drafted in the first round by New England. He's been lucky enough to make the playoffs several times, and has been nominated for breakout player of the season. Overall though, he's not too concerned with personal success and never really expects to win MVP or anything like that. The biggest goals for Gotze would be for the two major teams he's part of to find success in terms of hoisting those trophies at the end of the season. He would like to win it with the Wolfpack, and also conquer the IIHF competition with his fellow Germans.

Task 10: With a somewhat longer offseason this time around thanks to the looming expansion as well as the normal activities that come every season, Gotze is looking forward to some time to relax. I'll be heading back to Germany for a couple weeks, firstly to visit my parents and hang out with Dieter Dominique, my former Wolfpack and German national teammate who has since retired. After the first week we'll be putting together some German team practices to start preparing for the upcoming IIHF tournament. I'll also do some side jobs like signing autographs at shows and writing for the local paper to be able to afford the expensive equipment and training that has become something of a requirement to keep up in this league. Finally, I'll rejoin my teammates in New England to watch the SHL draft and be prepared to welcome the new guys to the squad.

Task 3 - 3: If you ask me, it's pretty clear who the star of the show will be among the young players in this season's cup - Piotr Czerkawski. Piotr is a good friend of mine from our days playing together in New England, and was a great addition by the Blizzard as his progression has continued at a great pace. I would expect him to be a real difference maker in the series.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 11:28 AM by UncleLeosKomrade.)

Task 1:
The Tampa Bay Barracuda, formerly the Seattle Riot, have struggle a bit over the past few seasons. However, things may be looking up. With the rebranding of the team and relocation to the south, the team is feeling reenergized and ready to make a playoff appearance in the coming season. With the young defense coming into their own, the Barracuda needed to find their scoring touch. However, GM JSS may have found their answer in the form of Piotr Czerkawski. After acquiring the rights to him from Edmonton, the Cudas just need to sign the European forward. Czerkawski struggled over the past season in Edmonton after being a top prospect a few short seasons ago. However, the move to Tampa could see Czerkawski rediscover his scoring genius. He has the skills to produce at an elite level and now he must take advantage of this opportunity to bring the Barracuda to the next level.

Task 3:
1. The clear answer to his question is Joe Kurczewski. While Augustus is a solid player, Kurczewski has a proven track record of being a star in the SHL and it is hard to not applaud Edmonton for picking him up to solidify their run at another Challenge Cup. He can score and has the ability to find his teammates in any situation, so watch for him to excel under pressure again.

Kurczewski – Augustus – Rielly
Koch Schroder – Kaiju
Tuck

The All Challenge Cup starting line-up is very clear this season. There were 6 players that really stood out above the rest of the players in the playoffs this season. Kurczewski, Augustus, Rielly, and Koch Schroder found their names on the scoresheet far more frequently than anyone else. Kaiju makes the line-up for his solid defensive play while still putting up 13 points, and Tuck was the clear better goalie coming into the Challenge Cup finals.

3. Piotr Czerkawski has only been in the SHL for a few seasons and is still searching for his stride. This means that he is due to explode. The Challenge Cup could be the stage which Piotr finally breaks out and becomes the offensive dynamo that everyone knows he can be.

5. West Kendall is solid hockey team and this is evident by them making it to the finals. However, their defense could easily be exploited by the Edmonton offense. Aside from Koch Schroder, the Platoon does not have the depth on the back end to compete for the numerous offensive threats the Blizzard possess.

Task 4:
[Image: aeHAT06.png]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

PM'd

Task 6:
Maui came into the SHL not expecting much, just hoping to play them and love the experience. On his bucket list was simply having fun and he has done that so far. As he began to fall more in love with the game, Maui became set on the goal of making the SHL which he accomplish last season with the Manhattan Rage. And now, after seeing multiple teams experience the feeling of winning a championship, Maui has become more focused on wanting to experience SHL playoff hockey. So I guess, simply making the playoffs would be the next thing on Maui’s bucket list for his SHL career. After that, winning a Challenge Cup would most definitely be on there, as it must be with every player in the league. The last thing that Maui hopes to accomplish before his career comes to an end would be to put up 50 points in a season. This last one may be a little far fetched yet Maui is determined to accomplish it.

Task 10:
NSFL PT

[Image: 46ecRW0.gif]

[Image: 5cVzKxa.png][Image: gs89eGV.png][Image: LWLEHdF.png]

Code:
Most of us did not reach the Challenge Cup finals in S45 which means that most teams have more work to be done. in [u]150[/u] words or more describe what (or who) your team is missing in order to make the Challenge Cup series. Is it a role on the ice that needs to be filled? Is it a specific player? Is it a locker room leader? Must include a mention of a build attribute for either a specific player that you think would complete the team, or the type of player that you think you could use.
Ah yes well the San Francisco Pride which are the pride of San Francisco are missing a lil bit to make the Challenge Cup Finals such as more TPE yeah that would definitely help because most of our players are from like the Season 41 to 43 draft or so which means that even though they have been earning TPE pretty well they are still pretty low in the grand scheme of the league since we play like a billion seasons in a career so yeah getting a couple high profile free agents would be incredibly helpful since we have pretty good depth but are lacking in high end forwards for the moment otherwise what we're missing is time because in like 3 seasons we're going to have a great roster just need to be patient for a little bit longer while that studly Season 43 class climbs the ranks I wasn't going to be specific because if there's one thing I hate it's tampering but since you want me to mention a specific player I'll say that Oisin Fletcher's 99 Scoring and 99 Defense would be really really nice to add and also Piotr Czerkawski's 98 Passing and 91 Defense would be pretty sweet too no tamper though.

Code:
209 words
Code:
Theres been allot of people holding up outragous signs throughout the playoffs! find and post [u]2[/u] of them! the signs must be about a player or a team in the S45 playoffs. *tag any player involved in the sign*
Wow yeah I saw some pretty gross ones it's a real tragedy the way these signs are going I hope that stadium security starts cracking down on rude signs like these two:
[Image: j1lbgtM.png]
[Image: jI5zEcW.png]

Like those aren't even clever and they really have no place in our hockey discourse so I hope that everyone looks at them and says NO I will not be like whoever created those signs I will be better than that @Keygan @ErM @karlssens @Muford

Code:
Pick up to 5 topics below to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be [u]50[/u] words or more.

1. I think Joe Kurczewski will be more valuable for the Edmonton Blizzard because the Edmonton Blizzard won the series and so since the series was super super evenly matched maybe the difference in Joe Kurczewski and Roman Augustus was the difference in the series I don't know or maybe the West Kendall Platoon would have lost in 6 games instead of 7 if not for Roman Augustus hard to say really I'd lean Kurczewski because his team but they're both really good and if West Kendall had won Game 7 I'd be saying Roman Augustus here so I don't know it's a tough call for sure but since we usually don't get ~Most Valuable Player~ awards to players that don't make the playoffs or players that lose the finals that would imply that we consider players on more successful teams to inherently have more value which seems kinda silly but as Mother Theresa used to say "it is what it is"
2. Wow this is tough okay so I'd pick Oisin Fletcher, Piotr Czerkawski, and DeMaricus Smyth as my all Challenge Cup starting forwards lineup because Oisin Fletcher is one of the best players in the league and that is facilitated by Piotr Czerkawski who played on the same line all season and the DeMaricus Smyth is just so great it's hard to put into words and then on defense I'd have Sven Brokstad and Brady McIntyre because they are both just great guys except for Brokstad who is poop but I still like him if the forums allowed emoji usage I'd just put poop emojis around his name and then in goalie I'd have whichever Bojo Biscuit player Bojo is currently on because he's a Montreal Militia legend and also every good roster needs someone that makes a lot of puns so boom done.
3. Oh wow that's a lot of young players yeah I definitely feel like several of them are going to have good series for example Piotr Czerkawski and Brady McIntyre and Ensio Kalju I feel like will team up for a critical goal in a critical game sometime during this series like maybe the 3rd period of Game 7 wow that'd be wild wouldn't it wait I think McIntyre is like S39 so maybe he doesn't count and maybe Kalju too it's hard to keep all the draft classes straight but I know Czerkawski counts so he's my pick to score
4. West Kendall for sure because Edmonton has Keygan who sucks like really bad I mean I basically do all his lines stuff for him and so since I picked West Kendall to win this series in 7 games which I am totally not salty about no siree I am totally emotionally stable but I didn't help Keygan with lines or anything even though he begged and begged and begged and begged for some help but nope I didn't do it so that means that West Kendall definitely has the ~tactical~ advantage.
5. Ok so since I picked West Kendall to win the series I scouted Edmonton and did a very in depth analysis to see where they had weaknesses that could be exploited and the biggest one I found was at 1st pair right defense because for some reason the Blizzard are playing Connor Tanner there which is hilarious because Connor Tanner sucks and so hopefully the West Kendall Platoon are able to exploit his baddiness and win the series in 7 games.

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

Sadley, little Tammy was not the same after the recess peanut butter cup accident of S44. Her parents took her to the pediatrician where they labeled the incident a 'trauma' and prescribed Clonazepam to help Tammy cope.. The doctors visit cost her parents $100 dollars!... how many recess peanut butter cup packs could little tammy have bought with that $100 if each pack cost $2 dollars?

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.
Sent.

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Wow yeah I have a huge offseason scheduled for this offseason which is the time period between SHL hockey seasons and so one of the things I'm doing is playing in the International Ice Hockey Federation tournament for Team Ireland as we try to win our fourth straight gold medal which would be pretty sweet since no team besides us has even won 3 straight so I'll be crushing beers with my boy Lombardi I mean practicing to get ready for the tournament and also I have tickets to a Taylor Swift concert which is kind of a tradition for me because she's the greatest singer and musician of all time so I make a point to see her live as much as possible because life really isn't anything more than a waiting room for death and father time is undefeated as they say so might as well appreciate true greatness while I can because like don't you think there were people in 18th century Vienna that were like "ya when I was younger I had the chance to see a Mozart concert but I decided not to because I wanted to watch some Netflix" like wow that would suck and since Taylor Swift is even better than Mozart I honestly can't understand why people aren't going to dozens of her concerts per year it's really sad honestly I feel bad for them but oh well they can live with regrets if they want but not me no sir

Code:
249 words

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 08:12 PM by Lazyeye.)

Task 1 - 3 pts: It's no secret that the Pride haven't won the cup, or even made the playoffs in quite some time. The team is currently going through a dramatic rebuild but currently possesses a very young core. Quite a few members made their rookie debut for the pride this year, with a huge rookie year by Luke Thomason. Along with Thomason, the pride also have Bork, Reaper, Brogen, Metcalf jr, and Muerto. So what exactly do the pride need to make the playoffs and make a deep run for the cup? The answer is time. As the young guns of the pride continue to build their stats, they will become a perennial playoff team. Be on the lookout for the the natural scoring ability of Brogen and Thomason to be coupled with playmakers Muerto and Metcalf Jr to really shine in the next few season. The pride will be on the prowl for years to come

Task 2 - 2 pts:
[Image: T16Vzu9.jpg]
@tommysalami

[Image: T0eWHDx.jpg]
@TheDangaZone

Task 3 - 2 pts:
1. Both teams brought in star centers to help them win a challenge cup in S45. Edmonton traded for Joe Kurczewski while WKP added Roman Augustus. Which player will be more valuable for their team in this upcoming series and why? While both outstanding players, i think Augustus will prove to be more valuable to the series as he fills that very important 1C spot on the roster. He's an extremely physical player with a scoring touch which has been shown in the earlier rounds. He will also be on the Platoon's 1st string for special teams.

3. 12 young players (S40 or higher) are competing in this championship series! Which young talent has a chance to capture the spotlight on the leagues grandest stage and why? While the young stars are on display, i think a big focus will be on Rookie Tony Pepperoni. Being able to compete for the challenge cup in your first year in the SHL is a tough task but it seems he's taking it in stride. While I don't expect him to get big points or minutes, he will fill a key depth role for the blizzard in the series.

Task 4 - 3 pts: Sent

Task 5 - 3 pts: [Image: Z10pY5G.jpg]

Task 10 - 3 pts: Understandably, rebuilds take some time, and thats what the pride will be doing as a collective whole. Personally, I'll be looking to increase my offensive prowess. Its very obvious that i need to work and my shooting after spending a year in the show. After the playoffs end, i plan on taking a little vacation just to let the body deload a bit, the step up from juniors has a toll on the body for show. Once I return, plan do conduct weekly shooting drills in order to increase my scoring for the beginning of next season. While the main focus will be scoring, still going to ensure I work a little on passing and skating to keep up the advantages i have in those categories. I'm also quite excited for my first year in the IIHF playing for Ireland. Even though I'll be a depth player, the international experience will absolutely help my game for the pride

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Code:
A shit ton of guys with 99 FO is what we need maybe some goalie with 99 PS also would be good, but most importantly, the Jets should probably be looking upgrade whatever the arenas called. I'd say a good cheerleading section, or a band maybe both. Definitely both actually. I'd like that, a nice band that plays only mexican music from the 30s. or anytime it doesn't matter. I don't really know, maybe we can get a hologram of Britney Spears from 2002 to be in there, I think time should have advanced far enough for this to be possible. A 21 year old Spanish speaking Britney Spears hologram backed up by some Latina cheerleaders there to accompany the music, I think great success would be the only possible result. The band never gets to stop playing either, need some serious professionals going at it. Having live music performed during the play of a hockey game has been known to be soothing, and not annoying to any spectator, player, or official. It's going to be a nice addition to the glass skybox that'll let fans smoke weed below the jumbotron. [177]

Code:

1. They have the same build yeah, so obviously Joe Kurczewski has proved to be the more valuable of the two players, cause his team won more games right. Edm might have paid more for the full season of Kurczewski, if that's what happened then it paid off pretty nicely for them. [51]
2. I think adversity is pretty important for a challenge cup starting lineup to go through, so that's mainly what McGirthensons is for. 60PH 61DF, he's gonna need Willy Mack and Forsberg to carry him big time. Chiclets reminds me of that Icky Vicky song from Timmy Turner, which was pretty good- just like Kadinger. Mark Stewart is just some guy, which is ideal that it isn't a owl or something. Should be able to play well together. [77]
F- Willy Mack
F- Steve McGirthensons
F- Dani Forsberg
D- Karsten Kadinger
D- Chippy Chiclets
G- Mark Stewart

3. Logan Crosby has always been a solid prospect I thnk, it's odd not many people mention the guy as of late, but you gotta believe he's going to make some noise in the near future. It's been a little over a year since the guy has logged in which is weird, but I don't make the rules. [57]

4. The platoon have the advantage here for no real reason I know of, it's just how the world works in this moment I feel. What's anyone gonna say to this idk what it means. It's best not to question these types of things, just try to look at as many things before you get sucked into a hole or something. [60]

5. The Platoon don't have enough fighting on their roster to challenge a team like Edmonton it appears, they're going to have a rough time with the excessive discipline on the team. They're also probably a bit too good at face-offs for their own good. It's going slow them down, they gotta lose some skill upfront if they really want to compete. [61]
Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/aeHAT06.png[/img]

** Note: To receive credit for this task you must send the answer to me by forum PM. Do not post the answer in this thread as you will not get credit.. Please make the subject of the PM “CW Special” [Earn up to 3 TPE for this task. 2 TPE for participation, 1 additional TPE for the correct answer] [u]Also[/u], please make sure to add this assignment to your post to inform the grader that you have completed this task.
sent

Code:
Every player has a bucket list of things they want to accomplish before they retire. In [u]150[/u] words or more write about the things you have completed on your bucket list and some of the things not yet accomplished.
Well first off It's very upsetting having never seen the Grand Canyon while living so close before. I was always afraid a gust of wind, or one of the animals out there was going to get me. Make me fall in a thousand miles to my death. So that's an easy one, no better place to die. Very important for anyone to have accomplished in their career I think, wouldn't be surprised of others add that to their lists either. Statistically wisely speakingher, I think setting the record for most shots missed, or whatever the thing is called is an obvious mark for any player to chase after. Definitely want that one, most important though has gotta be hits taken. It's been too long since my guys been leading in fat hits taken, goddam Nova obviously takin fat rips every day has the lead this year, he knows what he's gotta do. [152]

Code:
Task 10 (Written, 3 TPE)
Plans aren't real, and my guy definitely wouldn't understand them if they were to be a thing. I think if anything is actually happening, like a thing being acted out or something going on, it's like the cat that dies, or only gets seen then wants some food if you go and look at it, but if nobody's looking then it's not real, yeah? Something kind of like that should be close enough to mean quite a lot, but yeah nothings real for till the time someone opens the sim, and reads my guy's name or whatever. But when some iihf sim happens maybe it's like uh thunderbolt, or something way less cool for a moment, I think that's gotta be about it, whatever that is inside Evoks computer right? There's like 3 seconds of sths simming some games and then that's it everyones dead again till next time yeah? [150]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]