Create Account

S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story

Bringing Hockey to Germany

A country that is somewhat known for it’s influence in the sport, still would never cross anyone’s lips when you talk about “Hockey Nations” or “Hockey Power houses”. For the long time veteran neither of those truly matter. Schroder has been a fixture on the German national team and top pairing around the SHL for seasons and continues to be with each passing year. His story would be about a player who despite being able to just focus on his career, and living it up, has instead chosen to re invest any spare time directly back into his community and growing the sport on home soil. A documentary per say, showing how little the love for the game was in the smaller hockey country and with constant investment and involvement with the youth in his home country has slowly been raising the bar for the sport and beginning to really churn out the higher level talent for the leagues around the world.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

[Image: jss.jpg]

[Image: FIxH7qZ.jpg]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

The Brodie Witzel Story

The player whose journey I would like to be seen made into a true Hollwood story is Brodie Witzel, a name that probably hasn't been spoken in a loooooong time as the agent behind the player is long gone from the SHL. However, Brodie Witzels story is an interesting one as he is kind of this leagues Marian Hossa, although with even more of a personal component to it. He wasn't just a good player who joined a franchise midway through his career, but the face of the franchise basically from the moment he was drafted back in Season 5. Witzel was the Minnesota Chiefs first round pick and within two seasons, he had become one of the teams best players while also taking on leadership roles off the ice both in the locker room and as a General Manager in the NWJHL (the predecessor of the SMJHL), who brought quite a few of his junior players into the Chiefs organisation. Thanks to some good drafting and solid management, the Chiefs became one of the better teams in the league towards the end of the SHL's first decade but kept falling short in the playoffs, including a loss in the finals. After five seasons with the team and approaching regression, which used to start much earlier back then, Witzel's patience ran out. The superstar, coming off his fourth straight 50+ points season decided to leave the Chiefs in free agency and join the rival Hamilton Steelhawks, leading to quite the ruckus and some heated exchanges around the league. And I think you can all guess how that story ended: The following season, the Minnesota Chiefs finally won their first Cup, beating Witzel and the Hamilton Steelhawks on their way to the Championship. However, the story does have a happy end for Witzel because the year after that, in Season 11, he finally got his Cup as a member of the Steelhawks as well.

Hailing from the Highlands of Scotland, Reginald MacIntyre got his athletic start playing shinty (or camanachd in the local tongue). While he would often play and was organized for a time, a trip to Sweden would inspire a love for the game of hockey and its broader horizons. Fortunately enough, there was a local club that could accommodate and he got his start. Despite late entry and lacking finesse of more skilled players, MacIntyre got on well enough through his time in the United Kingdom leagues, eventually playing a vital role in winning the national league title in his final season before moving to America for the next great challenge. Once again, the gap became apparent as he joined up with the Halifax Raiders in the SMJHL for two seasons before being called up fast to the Manhattan Rage, a club where he would quickly be asked to pull first-pair minutes. Time and again, he and the club have struggled as of late, perpetually in the rebuild process and occasionally in the playoff hunt, though his quest to just make his first playoffs continues. There is hope yet for him and the team, even as talk around the League treats the S38 championship as ancient history.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

The newest SHL Hollywood True Story is going to be on Cameran Carter the second.

@Boomcheck

The pitch:
The inside journey of the players journey through the most recent free agency period. The ups and the downs. the blatant cash grab in a season with two new teams added and lots of extra money in the league. But then the heartfelt sorrow at the lack of attention and having to negotiate as the third/forth most appealing target of free agency. Included would be tours of his old locker rooms as he tries to understand the league and seeks advice from alumni, And his constant grappling with wanting to take a shot at glory, and the necessary minutes that requires, against the driving need to be paid. Final act would be his introduction to his new team the Tampa bay Barracuda. And then the opening games of the season, one of which the scores against his old team the Manhattan Rage.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

The next true Hollywood story will focus on the disappearance of former player Vladimir Lidstrom. Lidstrom was a mainstay on the blueline for the Texas Renegades for 16 seasons. He remains the leading shot blocker all time for the Texas team and is 4th all time in points scored for the Renegades. He is 12th all time in SHL history for scoring for defensemen as well as being 18th all time in SHL blocked shots. He made the SHL all star team four times, was a Stevens award nominee and won a cup with Texas in S36. Yet nothing is ever heard about Lidstrom these days. He is all but forgotten in the annals of the Renegades and has never received one vote for the SHL hall of fame despite his career. Insiders have wondered if this lack of recognition is due to the cocky attitude Lidstrom displayed during his career, taunting opponents mercilessly. Another thinks it may be due to the hard partying ways of the Nature Boy alongside former teammate Rick James, the two men consuming vast amounts of hookers and cocaine. Regardless of the reason the disappearance of Vlad Lidstrom will remain one of the SHL's biggest mysteries.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

NSFL PT

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

[Image: hV5H8Xj.jpg]
@Baelor Swift

RETIRED

Title: What Became of Leshaun King
A once promising prospect disappears off the face of the earth and no one knows any more as to what happened to this former 1OA pick heralded as the next superstar of the SHL. Quickly getting a hand in everything, and taking over his former Jr team, King was a member known by everyone on the site, but what was the most prominent member of the league really like behind the scenes?
In this tale, we follow King through his seasons in the SHL, through the high times and the low. Villainy, corruption, bribes, and many more surprises to come out as we begin to delve into the secrets of the league and King’s involvement with the shadow organization. This never before seen take will shine light on places people never wanted to be seen and will leave viewers on the edge of their seat as they come to fully understand the depths to which one player was involved to try and ensure their stardom.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 01:35 PM by Blastmeaway.)

From his start in New England, Oisin Fletcher has been a very polarizing figure. It wasn't until my days in Edmonton, which also happened to be my first experience playing with him. After a rocky parting of ways with the Wolfpack Hockey Club, Fletcher was looking for an outlet. I don't know if you know this, but winters in Edmonton suuuuckkk. When you don’t have the opportunity to make it outside of the city for much outdoor activities you got to find something to keep you busy. Well, Fletcher turned on the Gas Range and got to work. He found a new release in cooking. Making such beautiful dishes like, a Summer Haddock with Corn & Potato Chowder and a Garlic Toast, BBQ Pork Tournedos with Garlic Green Beans & Charred Scallion Rice, Shrimp & Fresh Gemelli with Sugar Snap Peas & Crumbled Feta, Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Honey Dijon Green Beans & Boston Lettuce Salad, or even Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples, Crispy Sage and a Warm Millet Salad. Fletcher knew how to make his teammates weak in the knees with his cooking. What's more deserving of a true story than learning about Fletcher's second love. Below are some photographs of said dishes.

[Image: e7OJbcbdYPhQozT3B0dOBi83t1wuGVd1mTdJszhk...FxnVJK.png]
Summer Haddock with Corn & Potato Chowder and a Garlic Toast

[Image: RDjHwZb90r6UT05i77aUUe_O1R02nFlTYQ_fbBxc...l4uPmj.png]
BBQ Pork Tournedos with Garlic Green Beans & Charred Scallion Rice

[Image: 4jE-98lSZnBBwVu8JpgqSiSwDBFlhbMP4AWQZLZv...uF0Z6X.png]
Shrimp & Fresh Gemelli with Sugar Snap Peas & Crumbled Feta

[Image: PPiHH8hA-r1Dig6HW5mGnEWOrrnu_SdgdkIFS8fg...A5u7BW.png]
Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Honey Dijon Green Beans & Boston Lettuce Salad

[Image: tSntd0n0mn8m697ViJl7ivZjh05cQYaDKEh6O62B...f7fELQ.png]
Pork Chops with Sautéed Apples, Crispy Sage and a Warm Millet Salad
@Evok

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

[Image: wy637Nv.jpg]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]

[Image: f7Sn74Q.png]
[Image: G7pWGHR.png]

FREE GORLAB!!! Steven Jalopski, Calgary Dragon Superstar, #1 Defenceman on a team that was on the cusp of becoming a force in the league. They had superstars in Esa Anrikkanen, Nicholas Pedersen, a stonewall in net Wongy, and a defence anchored by the most polarizing figure to lace up the skates in the SHL. 1 Week before his permaban and subsequent auto retire following the season, Gorlab in response to the pleading from Esa to tone down his attacks, "I can't. I keep it real 100%." I guess this was the case of when keeping it real goes wrong. Gorlab banned for life, but the Dragons got to keep his player around for the rest of the season. This became the rallying cry that the team needed. The motivated Dragons, advanced to the Finals for the first time in a decade. Going toe to toe with the Hamilton Steelhawks. Unfortunately, the Steelhawks raced out to a 3-0 lead. "Win it for Gorlab" became the teams mantra. It ended with a reverse sweep and the Dragons winning their first of five cups over the next 15 seasons. It started with adversary, but turned into an amazing story of how a team digs deep and won one for their Captain.

[Image: mstuk41.gif]
[Image: 35884_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png][Image: nHs4nH0.png]

The true story of Cedric Robinson.

Born to a couple of carnival workers, the traveling fair not the cruise line, Cedric came from very humble beginnings.

His father was known as the greatest tilt-a-whirl operator south of the mason-Dixie. His mother able to bend frying pans and rip phone books with her bare hands. Truly a match made in heaven. 

After falling in love and getting married the were set to have thier first child. 

Out came Cedric, measureing in at a whopping 36 inches long and weighing 35 lbs. You would think theres no way she could push that out. She did. In spectacular fashion, firing him out like a stuntman being shot out of a cannon. Landing across the room into an awaiting net.

As Cedric grew up he tool a job in the carnival. At 10 he was already 6 feet tall. So they strapped him up in goalie equipment and let people shoot paint balls at him.

He loved it. 

He loved seeing if he could hit everyone. If none can get by him. His father saw this desire and encoraged him to try hockey. 

And then there can be like a mighty ducks angle, except they are all carnies? And they can do cool stuff like flips and the bearded woman can play goalie?
But the "bad guy team" doesnt like them. Because thier team lives in town and thier parents dont like the carnies living right outside town with thier gypsy ways....or something...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

158 words

Luke Atmey is the General Manager, and best player on the Chicago Syndicate. Luke Atmey is a real O G. As a member of the SHL since 2012, he must have the most experience on the entire roster. Luke Atmey could have easily made himself the teams' captain and no one would have batted an eye. But that's just not how this guy rolls. He does not need the Captain's C on his sweater to lead; being the leader is just his status quo. Although he has started to regress, Luke Atmey just continues to work, putting in training, and frequent updates. His work in the gym translates to success on the ice, as he leads the new franchise in points. Despite being a salty, battle-hardened veteran this ageless wonder is averaging over twenty four minutes a night. Luke Atmey's career trajectory is one to envy. With championship trophies and managerial expertise, this guy is the total package.