S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story

NSFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

[Image: 808ItiH.png]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

[Image: set-maury-povich-show-640.jpg]

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Last season was a major success for the Anchorage Armada as they managed to finish second in the league due in large part to the depth and skill on the roster. They had a large amount of highly skilled returning players that left no gaps in the lineup except for in net. The Armada have had an issue with consistent goaltending which has affected their ability to put together successful seasons. Well that wasn't the case last year thanks to rookie sensation Peter Larson, who took over as starting goalie early in the season and ran with it. Being a relatively unknown player, Larson fell to the 5th round where he would get selected 43rd overall making him one of the better late round picks in the draft. He would go on to finish with 24 wins (4th), a S% of 0.898 (1st), GAA 2.33 (1st) and 3 shut outs (1st). Despite leading in all major statistical categories  he was somehow snubbed from winning the goalie of the year, which will just add even more incentive for Larson to continue to prove his doubters wrong. 

188 word

[Image: sins.png?width=500&height=334]

This coming of age buddy movie is of two goalies (@chetib & @AtlasHunter) who grew up through their care free childhood in the SMJHL playing for the Anaheim Outlaws. @chetib is a straight laced, quiet individual who works hard and doesn't get out to play so much. @AtlasHunter is an alcohol fueled party boy who can be a bit impulsive but can have everyone going on his wild schemes. Now they are now moving in their own directions into the SHL and to different expansion teams. But they couldn't let their final summer together just slip away uneventfully so the boys are planning one last road trip from coast to coast. With the help of each other and their new talking Emu friend Augustine (voiced by Dakota Fanning) this unlikely pair get swept up in an incredible series of events that has them trying to stop Dr. Scharwinnigan from poisoning the Chicago and New Orleans water supply, getting the girls and find the meaning of true friendship.

Guest appearances by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Patrick Stewart, Katy Perry, Lego Batman and @Dangles13.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

NSFL

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

The story of Jedi begins in the summer of 2014. I was in a kind of weird place in my life, being one year post-high school. I wasn’t doing much, just kind of waiting to enlist in the Air Force. One day I’m browsing the /r/BostonBruins subreddit when I see this post about SHL. It sounded awesome so I took a peek around the boards, was sort of on board with what I saw and decided to make a player. Jackson Rogers-Tanaka. This draft class was the first of the reddit classes, and the best. Although, personally, I didn’t really like the members of my class. I thought a lot of them were kinda dumb and for some of them that still holds true. However, I forged many bonds with some great users in my time on my first team, Kelowna. That time and team still holds a pretty special place in my heart.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

The story always revolves around Durden.

It's weird, but I went from excitement to apathy about the S46 SHL Draft. I was super excited to see where I went. I wanted to be a wanted player. I felt wanted from a couple teams, but was passed over again and again in the draft.

As I said before, people were scared. People were afraid to take a shot. People assumed they knew where I wanted to go. People were wrong.

I heard after the draft, "We thought you only wanted to go to Texas and your comments to the media was your way of showcasing that".

Wrong.

Don't get ME wrong, I'm super happy to be back in Texas. But before the draft, I thought it was impossible. Before pick 40, I thought it was impossible. I was completely prepared to suit up for another team, and be a part of their organization.

But, people were scared to take that chance. Feels bad, man. Being taken by no one on the outside. Free falling when you KNOW you're going to build a great player. It's sad. Super sad.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

While there have been countless great stories told throughout the decades of SHL play, there are a few players from years gone by who have not had their story told adequately. One such player, in my mind, is Lucas Smith. At one time, Smith was synonymous with the Edmonton Blizzard. He had been their captain, their all-times points leader, and their longest-serving player. Smith represented the Blizzard just as much as Cole Reinhart had as General Manager.

Smith’s story would begin in Detroit, where he first played for Reinhart on the Falcons. A star in junior, Smith was highly touted going into the draft and it seemed like a lock that he would wind up in Edmonton. Then the trade happened. Calgary had moved, a single spot ahead of Edmonton, and would select Smith at fourth overall. Ultimately, though, fate would find a way, and Smith was traded to Edmonton where he would begin his long, illustrious career. A movie on Smith’s career would focus on the turmoil of that day, the difficult seasons that followed, and finally his leadership through the dynasty years.

(184 words)

Party in Chris McZ his house in LA – Hollywood

back to Season 9 and 10, Chris was playing for the LA Panthers and lived also in LA. One night in the offseason McZ did a huge party with some SHL Superstars like David Winter, Josef Heiss and Christophe Klose. But there was also one other SHL Star at this party. It was Daniel Passarella. McZ his parties were well known as DEMOLITION DERBY as party. Daniel Passarella died this evening but was back on ice for the next 6-8 seasons. It was horrible to see how Passarella was fallen from McZ his roof terrace and it was incredible that Passarella was back on ice after this accident. Almost all on the party thought he was dead but the party was so hard that they didnt stop with the party after that. Chris is still shocked if he talk or think about it today.

(true article story from the past, some older members should remember that)

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Does Pingy have a player? Lunga Gumba? Okay, well, I haven't really been following this whole Pingy Pingu situation. I know we were in the same draft class in S42, then he retired and made a new player, and now there is a pretty vocal majority that seems to love the guy and another group, which seems smaller, that can't stand him and want him gone. A story on him would be interested, but I have a feeling it would go a lot like the Fyre Festival documentary went. It seemed like a really good idea at the time to be on the Pingy bandwagon, but are the wheels going to fall off and are we all going to be stuck on some island somewhere with no way off? I look forward to the interviews with his biggest supporters, and then the one with TML who is wondering why the hell we keep giving him chances.

Would make a great story.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2019, 04:41 PM by jRuutu.)

I would like to see a true Hollywood story made from Esa Anrikkanen. Many know him from SHL, played at the highest level who knows how many years, he has won it all both in Calgary and while representing Team Finland in IIHF tournaments, but not as much is known about his summer workouts back in Finland. He is an almost like mystical creature who everybody follows during the season, but when the season is over - where he goes? Only a few have been lucky enough to see him in person, but the stories are legendary.

The wildest ones are almost too good to be true or are they? Some of the most popular ones are Esa wrestling with a bear deep in the woods of Lapland, skiing in the swamps in the middle of summer to improve his endurance levels and of course the time he accidentally run over the border to Russia while being chased by his personal trainer who turned out to be a spy for rival team in SHL and instructed to sabotage Anrikkanen´s summer workout.

The story would be interesting for multiple reasons, Anrikkanen´s story as a player is glorious, people would also get to see how much work it takes to stay at the top for so long and at the same time they can take what they see and use it in their daily lives.

"Honestly I do believe a movie will be made of me when it is all said and done. The association of hockey had some sort of conspiracy and collusion against me. I had to fight and work to get whatever I could, nothing was given to me. I earned my check. People doubted me in the J, the IIHF did not even keep track of me and let the two way player of the year slip through the cracks. They got their medal but at what cost? This was right after the dispute I had with the Anchorage coach. Got demoted to the third line for four straight games. The same season I got nominated for MVP. Crazy right? I immediately went up to the SHL and put up 25 points a a rookie which racking up over a hundred hits. No nomination for rookie of the year, did not receive a SINGLE vote for the all rookie team. I provided more physicality than every other nominee combined They still kept me out, being one of the youngest rookies in the league. This has to be apart of some greater conspiracy? I stopped putting effort into training, diet and on ice performances. Down in the dumps as it looked like I would flame out in the SHL. I had to sign a lesser contract because I only put up 13 points. A prove it deal. I turned my life around and looked like one of the u and coming two way players in the league. Still didn't crack the top 100 rankings, still didn't get a bunch of offers in Free Agency. They looked elsewhere when I had put u such a productive season. It infuriated me.Tampa barely met my offer and gave me a chance to play, now the other teams ill be made to regret for passing on me."

-311 Words

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

NSFL PT