Create Account

IIHF Revamp

With the upcoming expansion, the re-brand of Czechoslovakia to the Czech Republic, and of course, our infamously mismatched and low quality icons, we in the IIHF are looking to get a revamp with some uniformity.

The Job: 14 Team Banners (for Team LRs and Subforums) and 14 forum icons.

Our preliminary offering for the job is 3mil, but I think we are open to hearing input based on the job done.

What we currently use:
[Image: Team-Austria.png] Austria
[Image: Team-Canada.png] Canada
[Image: Team-Czechoslovakia.png] Czechoslovakia
[Image: Team-Finland.png] Finland
[Image: Team-Germany.png] Germany
[Image: Team-Ireland.png] Ireland
[Image: Team-Latvia.png] Latvia
[Image: Team-Norway.png] norway
[Image: Team-Russia.png] Russia
[Image: Team-Sweden.png] Sweden
[Image: Team-UK.png] Uk
[Image: Team-USA.png] Usa

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Nice
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2019, 04:28 PM by Ask.)

As the new Sweden Federation Head I really like that the forum icon is three crowns Sweden as the team is called Tre Kronor (three crowns) and the junior team is called Småkronorna (the small crowns).

Could implement that into the banner but maybe it's taking it too far to actually name it Tre Kronor instead of Team Sweden? Remove the "Team" part altogether?

As an actual Swede I enjoy the authenticity of the IIHF and would prefer some more research into these implementations.

The person getting this job should talk to fed heads and/or members from the country it's concerning.

Cheers

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

02-28-2019, 04:25 PMAsk Wrote: As the new Sweden Federation Head I really like that the forum icon is three crowns Sweden as the team is called Tre Kronor (three crowns) and the junior team is called Småkronorna (the small crowns).

Could implement that into the banner but maybe it's taking it too far to actually name it Tre Kronor instead of Team Sweden? Remove the "Team" part altogether?

As an actual Swede I enjoy the authenticity of the IIHF and would prefer some more research into these implementations.

The person getting this job should talk to fed heads and/or members from the country it's concerning.

Cheers

As a non-actual Czech I enjoy the authenticity too. I would like to have a little bit of input for my adopted 2nd homeland.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

i'll do it for 20 silly millys

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

02-28-2019, 04:25 PMAsk Wrote: As the new Sweden Federation Head I really like that the forum icon is three crowns Sweden as the team is called Tre Kronor (three crowns) and the junior team is called Småkronorna (the small crowns).

Cheers

I absolutely endorse communicating with Fed Heads, and I love Tre Kronor as the official nickname, and perhaps an additional team banner can be made with it for the locker room, but I'd like the official "Sweden" or "Team Sweden" banner on the team subforum at least.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I added emotes for Japan and Switzerland for now. I don't see a need specifically to replace the emotes, but new banners would be nice.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Japan Japan Japan Japan  woooo

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I'd love to give this a try, but I wanted to know if you need the gradient for every banner and if Japan and Switzerland need banners as well.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Whoever made this style banner should make ones for the new teams, they look great

http://i49.tinypic.com/2pqq7hf.png

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 04:16 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Feedback welcome on my submission:

[Image: 7PLJpjH.png]

[Image: aJdq7yu.png]

[Image: Hhezgy6.png]

[Image: GF65rfr.png]

[Image: 6Xektkg.png]

[Image: plOrS5T.png]

[Image: GllfznF.png]

[Image: cQTqLEF.png]

[Image: wP6ky7P.png]

[Image: OviI1I2.png]

[Image: d8NMCxz.png]

[Image: LcFMfCm.png]

[Image: tBwOABN.png]

03-01-2019, 04:16 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Feedback welcome on my submission:

[Image: 7PLJpjH.png]

[Image: aJdq7yu.png]

[Image: Hhezgy6.png]

[Image: GF65rfr.png]

[Image: 6Xektkg.png]

[Image: plOrS5T.png]

[Image: GllfznF.png]

[Image: cQTqLEF.png]

[Image: wP6ky7P.png]

[Image: OviI1I2.png]

[Image: d8NMCxz.png]

[Image: LcFMfCm.png]

[Image: tBwOABN.png]

It's a bit of a shame that Switzerland gets some white font on white background, but apart from that detail, they look great!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2019, 07:12 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

03-01-2019, 04:50 PMSegi Wrote: It's a bit of a shame that Switzerland gets some white font on white background, but apart from that detail, they look great!

I agree, I wish they had another color to work with. Kinda similar to Canada and Japan, it's just white/red.... I can see about maybe adding a small stroke around the letters to make it easier to read.

Actually what I could do is move the right side part left so more of the text fits without going into the left color area, if that makes any sense.

Also taking another look at these I feel the black border is too bold. I may try to make that a bit smaller.

Maybe more like this:
[Image: MG8Jypd.png]

[Image: cVCeOse.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 02:42 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Ok changed those up a bit, I think they look better like this:

[Image: 2YXhcBO.png]

[Image: 56IsQ6Y.png]

[Image: CnoK3W7.png]

[Image: Wc4KApZ.png]

[Image: Bc5Hx3O.png]

[Image: TWs2WAL.png]

[Image: gnf2mt4.png]

[Image: WEhBjA7.png]

[Image: 1xSWzsi.png]

[Image: wiS3XIS.png]

[Image: ce2zYOa.png]

[Image: tLv0gxN.png]

[Image: p7cQMcs.png]

[Image: lzzCTMS.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 04:37 PM by Thunfish.)

On second thought, I'm not a big fan of uniformity, but I did whip up a hockey crest for Japan that I shared with the guys at the Outlaws' server. Let me just add it to the post for feedback...

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR