Create Account

Reduce the Length of the playoffs

The playoffs are fun to have when you're in them, but Jesus Christ these are so fucking long. It makes the offseason for teams who don't make the playoffs unbearable. NSFL and PBE both have the playoffs last 3 days (which is obviously much shorter than here), but even 2 weeks would be an improvement over what we have right now, but we can do it in a week. Lets do 4 days of simming a day. 2 in the AM and 2 in the night. I would say this would seem like a relatively popular choice, but it's SHL so I can't wait to hear how this is a terrible idea.

Numbers... I officially vote for @iamslm22

[Image: Wally.png]

having it shorter would be pretty nice, but the way that the system is up is for GM's to make changes every game if they choose so

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

My thoughts are sim the home and home. Meaning Game 1/2 can be in one sim, Game 3/4 can be in the p.m. sim. Then Game 5 the next morning with Game 6 the next night. If GMs choose to they can sim game 7 right then or wait til next morning. This can be applied each round up til the finals obviously for pbp reasons.

[Image: Wally.png]

I don't know how long the PBE rounds are but that's just the nature of hockey playoffs being best of 7 compared to football best of 1.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

04-02-2019, 09:48 PMTomen Wrote: I don't know how long the PBE rounds are but that's just the nature of hockey playoffs being best of 7 compared to football best of 1.

Yea PBE's rounds are all simmed in one day. They are live streamed though
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 10:00 PM by Tomen.)

04-02-2019, 09:55 PMiamslm22 Wrote:
04-02-2019, 09:48 PMTomen Wrote: I don't know how long the PBE rounds are but that's just the nature of hockey playoffs being best of 7 compared to football best of 1.

Yea PBE's rounds are all simmed in one day. They are live streamed though

How long are the rounds, only one game per round or how many?

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

04-02-2019, 09:59 PMTomen Wrote:
04-02-2019, 09:55 PMiamslm22 Wrote: Yea PBE's rounds are all simmed in one day. They are live streamed though

Can't speak for PBE, but SBA does a round per sim, with seven-game series.

As far as SHL was concerned, honestly surprised we went to a 10-team playoff for this reason. Went through the effort of reworking and limiting PbPs and removing playoff updates for a while (not sure if this is still the case) in part to shorten the playoffs to a somewhat-manageable two weeks, and then turned around and added a round that only includes 25% of the league and still leaves six teams watching. Sure, it "gets more people involved" but only for a couple of days. Figured there would be a much stronger negative reaction but the genie is probably out of the bottle now.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

yes please i want to die and we even got to play in the second round

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-02-2019, 09:48 PMWally Wrote: My thoughts are sim the home and home. Meaning Game 1/2 can be in one sim, Game 3/4 can be in the p.m. sim. Then Game 5 the next morning with Game 6 the next night. If GMs choose to they can sim game 7 right then or wait til next morning. This can be applied each round up til the finals obviously for pbp reasons.

this

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

04-02-2019, 09:48 PMWally Wrote: My thoughts are sim the home and home. Meaning Game 1/2 can be in one sim, Game 3/4 can be in the p.m. sim. Then Game 5 the next morning with Game 6 the next night. If GMs choose to they can sim game 7 right then or wait til next morning. This can be applied each round up til the finals obviously for pbp reasons.

I like this idea. Basically each time the teams "travel" it goes to another sim schedule. Means a round could go at max 2.5 days instead of 3.5.

I'd keep the finals as 1 per sim schedule though since there's PbPs to do.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

From an SMJHL perspective, the teams most likely to have the most rookies and first gens are likely to spend two to three weeks on the outside looking in with the current playoff format. For all we talk about the new playoff format supporting retention, it's tough to stay engaged for a month of downtime after you factor in off-season.

fuck the playoffs

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 11:29 PM by SDCore.)

I support this idea. As a rookie first create, the disengagement of the post/off season has made it hard to keep my attention.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

04-02-2019, 09:59 PMTomen Wrote:
04-02-2019, 09:55 PMiamslm22 Wrote: Yea PBE's rounds are all simmed in one day. They are live streamed though

First round best of five and Championship is best of 7