Create Account

2 Minor Rule Changes
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 04:14 PM by Nobody.)

2 rule changes for the price of 1 today!

Undrafted FAs
Anyone that is undrafted in the SHL draft will be able to complete all SHL PTs, TTC, and buy SHL equipment as they normally would. In addition to this they will re-enter the SHL draft the following season. The players SMJHL team will retain their rights. The players regression class will not be changed.

SHL Call-ups
Players will no longer be able to play in both the SHL and SMJHL on the same calendar day. SHL GMs MUST give the players SMJHL GM at least 24 hours of the call up. If the SMJHL gm agrees a shorter notice period will be allowed.

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

great rule change, that first one has screwed over so many people in the past

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

04-11-2019, 03:11 PMNobody Wrote: The players SMJHL player will retain their rights.

Hmmm

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

I’m confused about the first one...do any non inactives actually go undrafted in the SHL?

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I mean it just happened with a guy (but there's context there).

I think it's more relevant for players who go inactive then decide to come back a bit later, like Loki Odinsson is currently doing. GLad to have you back @Raziel !

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

04-11-2019, 04:01 PMBDonini Wrote: I’m confused about the first one...do any non inactives actually go undrafted in the SHL?

@AssPancakes

RETIRED

Hey great news on the first being put into place. Second just like a clarification of how it should be working already.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I appreciate that SMJHL HO's reaction to me saying in passing that there's no reason IIHF/WJC couldn't operate at the same time as the playoffs because sometimes players play in the SMJHL and SHL in the same day was, "Not anymore, bish."

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

04-12-2019, 07:24 AMztevans Wrote: I appreciate that SMJHL HO's reaction to me saying in passing that there's no reason IIHF/WJC couldn't operate at the same time as the playoffs because sometimes players play in the SMJHL and SHL in the same day was, "Not anymore, bish."

I've read that five times now and am still not sure, what the point you're trying to make is.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

04-12-2019, 07:56 AMSegi Wrote:
04-12-2019, 07:24 AMztevans Wrote: I appreciate that SMJHL HO's reaction to me saying in passing that there's no reason IIHF/WJC couldn't operate at the same time as the playoffs because sometimes players play in the SMJHL and SHL in the same day was, "Not anymore, bish."

I've read that five times now and am still not sure, what the point you're trying to make is.

- During the conversation about shortening the playoffs, some people suggested things like "Not allowing players in the finals to participate in IIHF/WJC so we can start those sooner and get people involved"
- I said, mostly jokingly, that there's no reason to exclude those players because there is a precedent for players partaking in two leagues' sim in the same day. (But mostly seriously, because I don't think removing players from IIHF/WJC is a smart move and is in fact very dumb).
- That precedent now no longer exists Laughing

Nikolai Evans

Ahh, gotcha. Smile

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

04-12-2019, 08:10 AMSegi Wrote: Ahh, gotcha. Smile

Yeah, the tongue was firmly planted in the cheek in "taking credit" for it, but I definitely did an awful and confusing job of phrasing the post lmao

Nikolai Evans

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 02:09 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

04-12-2019, 08:00 AMztevans Wrote:
04-12-2019, 07:56 AMSegi Wrote: I've read that five times now and am still not sure, what the point you're trying to make is.

- During the conversation about shortening the playoffs, some people suggested things like "Not allowing players in the finals to participate in IIHF/WJC so we can start those sooner and get people involved"
- I said, mostly jokingly, that there's no reason to exclude those players because there is a precedent for players partaking in two leagues' sim in the same day.  (But mostly seriously, because I don't think removing players from IIHF/WJC is a smart move and is in fact very dumb).
- That precedent now no longer exists Laughing

I think not having players participate in both has its merits. Even though I don't like that idea very much, I think the biggest hurdle would be small nations not having enough players to participate if we did that. Once that changes though I think it's something that should be considered (could making adding more nations more difficult though and I really like the idea of have 2 IIHF divisions once we have enough IIHF teams).

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Oh wow this is an old thread...

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

04-29-2019, 02:08 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I think not having players participate in both has its merits. Even though I don't like that idea very much, I think the biggest hurdle would be small nations not having enough players to participate if we did that. Once that changes though I think it's something that should be considered (could making adding more nations more difficult though and I really like the idea of have 2 IIHF divisions once we have enough IIHF teams).

I wasn't gonna reply to this out of kindness to people who don't read OP dates, but now we've got Samee failing geography bumping again so fuck it. Wink

It would be a two-fold damper to smaller nations. Not only would it make it harder for them to field active rosters, it would take away one of the cooler aspects of playing for them - and more cynically speaking, one of their few recruiting advantages - in taking away early playing time in IIHF against "the major leaguers" in the SHL. That was something different and special about IIHF, being able to play with and against the league's great players.

Even as someone who has always enjoyed IIHF, I can't remember everything that happened for Russia along the way. But I remember scoring my first IIHF goal against Jakub Tanner as an SMJHL rookie. Don't get rid of those moments. Just don't. WJC is great, especially for players who stay loyal to countries like the US and Canada, but I don't think it needs to be an either-or deal.

Besides, we always scream about not having enough to do in the offseason, so why would we make players stick to one or the other instead of offering them more, just on general principle? Do we just hate fun?

(Understand you weren't arguing my point, just providing more context to my reasoning)

Nikolai Evans