Create Account

First interview with Jon Forty-One
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2019, 11:29 PM by C9Van.)

[This is my first media thing ever (Saying this for the double thingy) so please be gentle ;_; 
1168 words roughly]

Thank you for joining! Today we have upcoming free agent, Mr. Jon Forty-One. He will be answering some questions today as we will be getting to know the real him, how he got here and more!

Interviewer: First off, thanks for joining me.

Jon 41: Thanks, it genuinely is great to be here and finally time to prove what I can do.

Interviewer: Well, the first question I have for you might be the biggest question everyone has about you. What is with your last name being a number?

Jon 41: Haha, yeah not surprised honestly. Well, the truth is my birth name is Jon Snow. Yeah, should remind you of a certain someone from Game of Thrones...Or the UK journalist from Channel 4 but mainly Kit Harrington's character. I love the show don't get me wrong but I didn't need fans, team mates or the news calling me the king in the north, The prince that was promised, an aunt fucker, a bastard or asking me where the hell Ghost the wolf is. So I just ended up changing it!

Interviewer: Any reason the #41?

Jon 41: It has a religious meaning to me. I'm a part of a religious group wh-

Interviewer: Like a cult?! Like the Westboro Bapist church!?

Jon 41: No! We may believe in a different god with different beliefs but we're not sacrificing goats, eating people or condemning people for having different race, sexual orientation or anything. We just believe in a god named 'Mr. 0'. I was the 41st member of the group so in honour of it I became Jon Forty-One. I realise to some this may be stupid but my faith is my faith and he believes in my dream of becoming a great ice hockey player.

Interviewer: I see, I see. Well let's move on. Where are you from?

Jon 41: I was born in Yorkshire, England. Small seaside town called Scarborough but I moved a lot due to my parents jobs. In London for a bit, Manchester, The Isle of Man, Belfast, Hull and Leeds. Wasn't particularly fun always moving but I distracted myself playing sports. One of which was this beautiful sport.

Interviewer: Does any reason exist as to why you weren't in the draft?

Jon 41: Not really. I just wasn't even on the same continent at the time of the draft and I didn't really feel like being a part of it honestly. Free agency to my understanding opens for me tomorrow and I'm looking forward to discussing with teams who want me. I'm happy for everyone that did get drafted don't get me wrong. I hope they either got the team they wanted or are happy with where they will be playing with but I'm doing my path differently.

Interviewer: Do you have any preferences for teams or any destinations you refuse to play for?

Jon 41: I'm fair game to all teams. Canada or the United States of America. I won't lie, I like some locations more due to weather or love some logos more than the others but that is trivial points and not worth bringing up. I will happily fight for any team in the SMJHL. All I ask is that they respect my #41 jersey and don't ask me to ever change that. It is mine and I refuse to change it.

Interviewer: So what can you bring to the table? Why should any of the teams be interested?

Jon 41: That is my favourite question! Easily! It is simple. What I don't bring whatsoever is experience at this level, I will make mistakes because I'm human and I may mess up. But what I've just said are things that are teachable. I can adapt quickly and learn. I am 100% committed to the team and I don't care if I join a dynasty in the making or one of the worst teams going...I want them to say they will give me a chance and believe in me. I want to be loyal to the team I choose and hopefully make the fans of that team very happy come play-offs. Oh, I also am pretty good at shooting, passing and handling the puck for a right winger if I do say so myself.

Interviewer: If you weren't going to be an Ice Hockey player what job would you be going for?

Jon 41: Oh god, probably another sport. I was decent at Cricket but test cricket bored the hell outta me. At a push a vet? I like pets. Especially exotic animals.

Interviewer: What are your goals for the future then?

Jon 41: With no disrespect to any SMJHL teams in saying this...My ultimate goal is the SHL. I'm not deluded enough to believe and state 'I will be the greatest of all time' and break multiple records and get into the Hall of Fame. Would I love too? You betcha! Will that happen? Who knows. But I believe in realism and I WILL become a good SHL player and stand out! I've no issues spending a good amount of time in SMJHL and trying to make myself a legend for those teams but the main goal is to get good enough to be an SHL player and I know I can do that with the right team. It all comes from Updog.

Interviewer: What is Updog?

Jon 41: Not much, what's up with you?

Interviewer: ... Anyway! Moving a long! How long have you been playing?

Jon 41: Oh god, most of my life! Started skating when I was like 4 or 5 roughly. Started Ice Hockey when I was 6. I moved a lot but I learned a lot from different coaches and going up against a wide range of other kids did help albeit it came at the price of having friends. 

Interviewer: Do you have any closing statements to say to the people?

Jon 41: I thank you if you listened to me. Basically, I want this. I'm 100% serious when I say I want this. My god will not be the only person who believes in my dream of being in the SHL when I finally get going. It means everything to me. Absolutely everything. I am Mr. 41 and I will see you all again soon.

Interviewer: Well, thanks for joining us. We await to see where you end up 41.

Great article!

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Uk Uk Uk

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Nice first article! The UK is always happy to have more forwards as well.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2019, 02:08 PM by awils13.)

an aunt fucker lmao

welcome to Vancouver Whalers

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Were buying you a husky and naming it ghost

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]