Create Account

Duckworth Interview
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 06:15 AM by leafssteen.)

We are here with the most recent addition to Halifax, Irish defensemen Duke Duckworth!

First, was there much interest from around the league and how did you land on Halifax?

I had multiple offers on the table and the main factor for me was playing time. I wanted to play for a team that would provide me with the best opportunity to showcase my talent. I landed on Halifax as they offered me a good amount of ice time and great contract! Another factor was my mother’s side of the family originates from Halifax so that was kinda cool!

Tell us what you bring to the table.

I am a hard working offensive defensemen who likes to help offensively but is also solid defensively. I have been known to be a great asset on the power play as last season I scored 4 power play goals and picked up 9 assist on the power play.

Where did you play last season and how did it go?

Last season I played in an elite men’s league in Ireland for a team called the Clovers. We won the championship in my last season so that was very exciting! In the regular season I scored 12 goals and picked 41 assist. In the playoffs I scored 5 goals and picked up 5 assist. I was very satisfied with how the year went and think it was a big reason I was given an opportunity to play in the SMJHL.

What are your personal goals joining this squad so late in the season?

My main goal is to showcase my talent to The SMJHL scouts to insure I get drafted. Also I want to try to help this struggling team get some wins and get into the playoffs. I’d like to score at least one goal before the season ends !!

Last question, if you could play with any player SMJHL or SHL who would it be ?

I would have to say Kasperi Braulin. I played against him in junior hockey and we became great friends. Every time we played against each other there would be a lot of friendly competition! My goal is to score on him and I haven’t accomplished that just yet! However it would be a honour to play with such a talented well rounded goaltender! Maybe someday we will be on the same team? But Who knows?!

Words:400

Twenty Twenty- Proud member of the Colorado Raptors Raptors