Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S47)

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

If I were going to buy one, any one of the Smeb jersey's would be my choice. A couple of them were my teammates, it would be nice for me to show them my support now that their off playing in the show.

05-17-2019, 08:22 AMChris-McZehrl Wrote: If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

My choice is Fedor Shirobokov from the San Francisco Pride. He is a buddy from me so it would be a pleasure to buy a jersey from him!

That's a great choice honestly. I am pretty sure that the Pride will sell those jerseys for 15% off their original price if you're retired.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

05-18-2019, 01:35 AMMack Wrote: Code:
What player are you worried about in there series and why?

The babyfaced rookie Chuck Crutchfield on Texas...He is so pretty and I would hate for something to happen to him out there. He is a young dude and the playoffs are crazy so I hope he handles himself well.

I wouldn't worry about Chuck Crutchfield, I heard they spent fort-eight years in the Philippines, living a group of Japanese holdouts still attacking the countryside after WW2.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?

Khan Smeb has been saving his energy all season so far being a solid stable 4th pair d man, now he's going to use all that energy and rest he's had and go off this series.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

05-18-2019, 03:34 AMTomasnz Wrote:
05-17-2019, 03:03 PMBadWolf Wrote: *Mika Mayfield withholds any comments about the Manhattan Rage*

This is cause you love and miss us and it's too painful to consider their future without Mika?

Or cause you feel spurred and secretly hate us?

Cry

i miss you thomas <3

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

05-18-2019, 01:50 AMTheHockeyist Wrote:
05-17-2019, 09:37 PMBadWolf Wrote: Hmmm awfully sus. You sure your not being held captive?

No, no, no, *terrified voice* not at all! Hahaha... *still terrified* Ahahahahaha... I'm fine, honestly! I'm not being held captive! *gasp* No, no! Don't say anything about this. Tell him I'm fine!

tell who? *looks around nervous* I dont know what your talking about :eyes:

Code:
Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?

Alex Winter I believe needs to step up now for his team. Throughout the season Winters has not been producing and showing off his elite skill that we saw last year. Winters was only able to get 27 points while last season was able to get 40 points.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

If you were to buy a jersey of one of the players involved in these series, who would you buy and why?

How is it remotely possible to not want one of the Smebs on your back? They are highlight level players that constantly get it done, and have inspired many to play the game. The only question is which one to get. Its Khan

[Image: Off.gif]

Code:
Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?
Manhattan can exploit Chicago's lack of depth. The offense seems to run through Atmey almost entirely so if they can shut him down they shut their offense down. The same seems to go for Texas and San Francisco, Louie Garrett leads the team by a wide margin after their top defenseman.

Code:
Is there a managerial advantage in either match up and why?
JayWhy is probably one of the best GMs in history imo. Grapehead got their current roster to the playoffs. These teams definitely have the better management groups.

Code:
Who needs to step up for there team to win?
Atmey and Garrett need to continue being their teams' best players. Manhattan and San Francisco need to have production by committee.

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?
Partridge is by far the best goaltender of the four in the wildcard round.

Code:
Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to step up in on the leagues center stage?
Luke Thomason and Charlie Schieck. After leading their teams in points in the regular season they're ready to prove they're the leaders of their teams this post season.

Code:
Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?
Manhattan. Definitely the most exciting team of the four, lots of young talent.

Code:
How do you see this series playing out?
Manhattan and San Francisco move.

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?
I don't think so. I imagine any team that wins will lose to the next team they play.

Code:
I'd 100% buy a Vyskoc jersey. He's getting close to retirement, who knows how many more games we'll get to see him play.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-18-2019, 07:47 PMBadWolf Wrote:
05-18-2019, 01:50 AMTheHockeyist Wrote: No, no, no, *terrified voice* not at all! Hahaha... *still terrified* Ahahahahaha... I'm fine, honestly! I'm not being held captive! *gasp* No, no! Don't say anything about this. Tell him I'm fine!

tell who? *looks around nervous* I dont know what your talking about :eyes:

Okay, *looks around* He's gone, right? You're talking about- oh good, he's gone... I can sneak out of this room now...

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

05-18-2019, 09:06 PMTheHockeyist Wrote:
05-18-2019, 07:47 PMBadWolf Wrote: tell who? *looks around nervous* I dont know what your talking about :eyes:

Okay, *looks around* He's gone, right? You're talking about- oh good, he's gone... I can sneak out of this room now...

RUN!!!! Before he comes back!

Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or WKP if they could advance? .. if so how come?

I think the Renegades could match up well against NOLA. The Renegades have a strong blueline and goaltender, with just enough offensive firepower to get by. If they can stifle NOLA's top line then they've certainly got a good chance. I feel as though WKP is in a class of their own right now, but I'd be more confident in Manhattan getting by them than Chicago.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I think it's fairly obvious that Chicago has an enormous goaltending advantage over Manhattan. Jae Bae's .915 for the season absolutely blows Scottey Crawfling's .901 out of the water. Manhattan will need to him to massively step up in order to compete with Chicago this series, or they'll lose in five.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

05-18-2019, 09:09 PMBadWolf Wrote:
05-18-2019, 09:06 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Okay, *looks around* He's gone, right? You're talking about- oh good, he's gone... I can sneak out of this room now...

RUN!!!! Before he comes back!

Nothing has happened, I swear.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

The goaltending matchup in  Rage raiders is significantly lopsided as Chicago's goalie Jay Bae was one of the best in the league this season, finishing 2nd in sv% with .915 and 1st in shutouts with 4 while Manhattan's Scottey Crawfling had a very underwhelming season and will need to step up or his team risks being defeated by a hot goaltender on the other end.

Code:

The Syndicate's S46 trio of Parker, Daniel and Kit Smeb will be an interesting one to follow. The three youngsters are in their rookie and sophomore seasons and were all highly touted players in their draft year. If they break out in the playoffs it could push Chicago to surpass expectations in this post season and it would also go a long way towards cementing the trio as up and coming SHL stars.

Code:
Which city of the 4 teams would you like to have tickets for and why?

It would be great to get tickets in Manhattan. A storied team in the league with a big hockey culture but also an amazing city to visit when not watching games. Between stores, tourist attractions and nightlife, there should be plenty to do between game days which would greatly elevate the SHL playoff watching experience.

Code:

The Renegades would have to be my choice here. They likely have the best roster of the four teams on paper and have a very underrated roster in general. Their solid, deep defense is backed by veteran goalie Walter Hobbs and although they may have had some bad luck in the regular season, if everything clicks for this group in the playoffs they could be a dark horse to potentially come out of the Western Conference.

Code:

Would love to get my hands on a Daniel Smeb jersey. Not only is Smeb one of the best young players in the league and expected to be a future SHL superstar but he's a marketable, well liked player who's popular amongst other players in the league and with the fans. A Daniel Smeb jersey is the kind of jersey that one would own regardless of whether or not they're Syndicate fans.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]