Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment

Why are people getting so hung up on "within reason"? It's there to prevent another debacle akin to the publicly posting contracts... to cover for obvious tampering attempts without needing to try to list every possible way someone could potentially tamper then having a huge problem when someone still finds a way to tamper that technically was not explicitly outlined in the rules.

This whole "within reason" language is not abnormal in contracts/regulations and helps to cover for any situations that may arise. This was a unique situation in which a GM publicly targeted individual players on a single team discussing roles. I don't think you can blame HO for not thinking to add this case to the rulebook before it arose. However, I think a few things should come from this...

1. A more clear definition of what contract discussions entail (although I think anyone can reasonably agree that discussing individuals' potential roles with a team is a very standard and essential part of contract discussions)
2. The rule should have the language changed to allow for more nuance in assigning punishment by essentially saying "Those found guilty of tampering will be punished by receiving up to the following penalties:..."
3. An appeal should be made and the punishment should be reduced
4. Someone should check what the fuck is going on with Shmurph and why he hasn't fired Daco yet because even there was no such thing as tampering, this is a horrible look for anyone to do, let alone a GM... oh yeah, and the fact that the guy ghosted instead of taking any responsibility for this.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

05-30-2019, 09:15 AMSpartanGibbles Wrote:
05-30-2019, 09:09 AMztevans Wrote: I don't even remember where that quote comes from!  God, the site is a gift that keeps giving really bad, shitty presents, worse than underwear on Christmas

Not just any underwear, used hand-me-down underwear with the elastic blown out and a skid mark.

Ey, i'm trying to eat here.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

This Thread is a Great Read.
I left Game 2 of my own Cup Final to read all these posts!
Way better than the Play by Play I posted yesterday... way the F better!!

05-30-2019, 09:21 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Why are people getting so hung up on "within reason"? It's there to prevent another debacle akin to the publicly posting contracts... to cover for obvious tampering attempts without needing to try to list every possible way someone could potentially tamper then having a huge problem when someone still finds a way to tamper that technically was not explicitly outlined in the rules.

This whole "within reason" language is not abnormal in contracts/regulations and helps to cover for any situations that may arise. This was a unique situation in which a GM publicly targeted individual players on a single team discussing roles. I don't think you can blame HO for not thinking to add this case to the rulebook before it arose. However, I think a few things should come from this...

1. A more clear definition of what contract discussions entail (although I think anyone can reasonably agree that discussing individuals' potential roles with a team is a very standard and essential part of contract discussions)
2. The rule should have the language changed to allow for more nuance in assigning punishment by essentially saying "Those found guilty of tampering will be punished by receiving up to the following penalties:..."
3. An appeal should be made and the punishment should be reduced
4. Someone should check what the fuck is going on with Shmurph and why he hasn't fired Daco yet because even there was no such thing as tampering, this is a horrible look for anyone to do, let alone a GM... oh yeah, and the fact that the guy ghosted instead of taking any responsibility for this.
I agree with a lot of what you said here.

And just to comment on that final point. I talked to Shmuprh for a bit last night on Discord, and obviously Daco is no longer the co-GM, but the focus right now is getting a proper appeal written and sent to hopefully lessen the punishment.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

05-30-2019, 09:21 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: 4. Someone should check what the fuck is going on with Shmurph and why he hasn't fired Daco yet because even there was no such thing as tampering, this is a horrible look for anyone to do, let alone a GM... oh yeah, and the fact that the guy ghosted instead of taking any responsibility for this.

From what I understand he is gone already, Shmurph was trying wait for him to come back so Shmurph could tell him before seeing an article about it

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

[Image: Capture.PNG]

Luffy is human garbage confirmed  Exclamation

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Are we doing luffy screenshots??? I have some GREAT ones

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

05-30-2019, 09:36 AMPenKnight Wrote: way the F better!!

thank you for not swearing on my Christian server

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-30-2019, 08:24 AMcpetrella Wrote: We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them.

We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it.

This isn’t the punishment  we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.
TOO SOON

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

05-30-2019, 02:00 PMStamkosFan Wrote:
05-30-2019, 08:24 AMcpetrella Wrote: We don’t have any words and we know you don’t want to hear them.

We understand your anger, your frustration, your sadness. Everything you’re feeling – we get it.

This isn’t the punishment  we imagined, and certainly not the one we wanted. Thank you for being there the entire way.
TOO SOON

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

jfc

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]

05-29-2019, 07:17 PMkarey Wrote:
05-29-2019, 07:15 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: I will downrep him if u uprep him

Balance

as all things should be

05-30-2019, 01:56 AMWally Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:31 PMGrapehead Wrote: Wally did literally the same thing... it doesn't matter. I feel for Shmurph, I really do cause I cleaned up a similar mess, but it's still the same with any team punishment. There is always an individual responsible, and that individual could always leave as a result, so we can't weigh that in a decision like this.

The fuck I did. I prevented two trade steals and tried to argue for a lesser punishment for the team, knowing I would be giving a resignation and/or fired.  So yeah I could’ve walked, but I CHOSE not to.

This delayed rebuild for San Fran is also a sliver of bull shit too, cause you guys traded a shit ton of picks to get to that Presidents Cup for a short term goal.

Yeah I screwed the pooch, but I didn’t simply walk the fuck out. Not to mention you cut me... when I somehow had multiple offers for my goalie, so don’t give me the no one was offering anything when I came back so you could get something for my player.

Yeah, you cleaned up a mess that I started. What did I walk into as Co in S32? Wasn’t a hand wrapped gift... that’s for fuck sure. God damn.

As for this punishment... damn it’s harsh, but Finn has a right to be pissed off as he has invested time into his assets. The rule sucks, but until they provides more clarity there are going to be these kinds of decisions based on ambiguous parameters.

lmfao wally plz

05-30-2019, 01:17 PMJNH Wrote:
05-30-2019, 09:36 AMPenKnight Wrote: way the F better!!

thank you for not swearing on my Christian server

You own Cloudflare?

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

05-30-2019, 03:52 PMSamee Wrote:
05-30-2019, 01:56 AMWally Wrote: The fuck I did. I prevented two trade steals and tried to argue for a lesser punishment for the team, knowing I would be giving a resignation and/or fired.  So yeah I could’ve walked, but I CHOSE not to.

This delayed rebuild for San Fran is also a sliver of bull shit too, cause you guys traded a shit ton of picks to get to that Presidents Cup for a short term goal.

Yeah I screwed the pooch, but I didn’t simply walk the fuck out. Not to mention you cut me... when I somehow had multiple offers for my goalie, so don’t give me the no one was offering anything when I came back so you could get something for my player.

Yeah, you cleaned up a mess that I started. What did I walk into as Co in S32? Wasn’t a hand wrapped gift... that’s for fuck sure. God damn.

As for this punishment... damn it’s harsh, but Finn has a right to be pissed off as he has invested time into his assets. The rule sucks, but until they provides more clarity there are going to be these kinds of decisions based on ambiguous parameters.

lmfao wally plz

Can you please crawl back in your hole and go away?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]