Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Tampering Punishment
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2019, 09:44 PM by tweedledunn.)

05-29-2019, 04:44 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:42 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote: Well Portland/San Fran just got into the playoffs after the whole wally thing and honestly, the entire team retired so there have been worst situations.
Portland was a super toxic situation for awhile after that punishment though. To be fair, that was a more serious issue of tampering compared to this instance, as well.

Hmm

grape took over quickly that same offseason (s36) and then won the president's trophy S38, the cap circumvention punishment (loss of all those firsts) + mass team retirement def delayed the rebuild tho

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

05-29-2019, 09:44 PMtweedledunn Wrote:
05-29-2019, 04:44 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Portland was a super toxic situation for awhile after that punishment though. To be fair, that was a more serious issue of tampering compared to this instance, as well.

Hmm

grape took over quickly that same offseason (s36) and then won the president's trophy S38, the cap circumvention punishment (loss of all those firsts) + mass team retirement def delayed the rebuild tho

Another example: Rain tampered in like S32 and then Toronto won the cup in S35

Lots of people try to make it seem like teams can't endure punishments, as if enforcing the rulebook is somehow damning a franchise for all eternity. We honestly would've been fine if not for the mass retirement, but alas.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

05-29-2019, 10:25 PMGrapehead Wrote:
05-29-2019, 09:44 PMtweedledunn Wrote: Hmm

Lots of people try to make it seem like teams can't endure punishments, as if enforcing the rulebook is somehow damning a franchise for all eternity. We honestly would've been fine if not for the mass retirement, but alas.

Still. Daco is pretty much gone now. The team and the players now have to pay for it. Who is really being punished here.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-29-2019, 10:29 PM.bojo Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:25 PMGrapehead Wrote: Another example: Rain tampered in like S32 and then Toronto won the cup in S35

Still. Daco is pretty much gone now. The team and the players now have to pay for it. Who is really being punished here.

Wally did literally the same thing... it doesn't matter. I feel for Shmurph, I really do cause I cleaned up a similar mess, but it's still the same with any team punishment. There is always an individual responsible, and that individual could always leave as a result, so we can't weigh that in a decision like this.

Banack tampered and ham won two cups in the next like 4 seasons

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

05-29-2019, 10:29 PM.bojo Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:25 PMGrapehead Wrote: Another example: Rain tampered in like S32 and then Toronto won the cup in S35

The team. Cuz daco was the co gm representing the team.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

05-29-2019, 10:37 PMkit Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:29 PM.bojo Wrote: Still. Daco is pretty much gone now. The team and the players now have to pay for it. Who is really being punished here.

The team. Cuz daco was the co gm representing the team.

Still dumb

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

05-29-2019, 10:41 PM.bojo Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:37 PMkit Wrote: The team. Cuz daco was the co gm representing the team.

Still dumb
Pretty much, what Daco did was dumb as fuck especially since he did it knowing the rules were sketch and he didn't have to do it at all.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

05-29-2019, 10:31 PMGrapehead Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:29 PM.bojo Wrote: Still. Daco is pretty much gone now. The team and the players now have to pay for it. Who is really being punished here.

Wally did literally the same thing... it doesn't matter. I feel for Shmurph, I really do cause I cleaned up a similar mess, but it's still the same with any team punishment. There is always an individual responsible, and that individual could always leave as a result, so we can't weigh that in a decision like this.
I don't think what Daco did was nearly as wrong as Wally, especially considering the fact that Daco wasn't the head GM and pretty much just vanished after he posted his article. Not saying Minnesota shouldn't have some sort of punishment, but something this harsh really doesn't fit the crime, IMO.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

That's because @Cynthia and I sacrificed a bunch of chickens to break the curse. Ninja

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Did daco actually say he is leaving or just hasn't been around since memorial day weekend?

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

05-29-2019, 11:03 PMfoehammer007 Wrote: Did daco actually say he is leaving or just hasn't been around since memorial day weekend?
Ever since he made that post, he has vanished without a word to the team or Shmurph. So yeah, pretty much a hit it and quit it scenario right now. Tumble

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

05-29-2019, 11:11 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
05-29-2019, 11:03 PMfoehammer007 Wrote: Did daco actually say he is leaving or just hasn't been around since memorial day weekend?
Ever since he made that post, he has vanished without a word to the team or Shmurph. So yeah, pretty much a hit it and quit it scenario right now.  Tumble

like he posted the article at 05-25-2019, 07:40 AM
hasn't came back on since 05-25-2019, 08:08 AM

does he even know he just fucked minny?

05-29-2019, 11:18 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
05-29-2019, 11:11 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Ever since he made that post, he has vanished without a word to the team or Shmurph. So yeah, pretty much a hit it and quit it scenario right now.  Tumble

like he posted the article at 05-25-2019, 07:40 AM
hasn't came back on since 05-25-2019, 08:08 AM

does he even know he just fucked minny?
I'm pretty sure he either felt scared/ashamed of what happened and just vanished, especially since he was just hired not too long ago. But yes, it kind of adds to the notion that him leaving is sort of punishing the primary culprit and that a lesser punishment on the team is more appropriate.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

05-29-2019, 10:55 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
05-29-2019, 10:31 PMGrapehead Wrote: Wally did literally the same thing... it doesn't matter. I feel for Shmurph, I really do cause I cleaned up a similar mess, but it's still the same with any team punishment. There is always an individual responsible, and that individual could always leave as a result, so we can't weigh that in a decision like this.
I don't think what Daco did was nearly as wrong as Wally, especially considering the fact that Daco wasn't the head GM and pretty much just vanished after he posted his article. Not saying Minnesota shouldn't have some sort of punishment, but something this harsh really doesn't fit the crime, IMO.

I wasn't comparing their "violation", just the idea that MIN shouldn't be punished if Daco left, cause Wally being gone had no impact on the POR punishment.