Create Account

Hot Potato Trophy - SHL S48 Sim 3
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM by bbjygm. Edit Reason: Terrance Nova changed to a forward )

Hot Potato Trophy - SHL S48 Sim 3

Tracking Spreadsheet

SHL S48 Game 35 - MIN @ CAL

SHL Game 35 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Casey Creller @Mook
Team: Calgary Dragons
Victim: N/A
Team: Minnesota Chiefs
Time: N/A
Total possession time: 1:05:00
Hot po-take-to:
Creller had a difficult time this game. It shows that the mental weight of carrying the Hot Potato can really bog down your game. Creller was beat up by pucks and players alike, taking a hit and a block in the 1st, two blocks in the 2nd, and a block in overtime. He did get a shot off in the 2nd period, but was relatively inactive in the 3rd period. The overtime shootout was forced into a 7th round with both teams fighting to get the win. The Chiefs player Sinn Nolan snuck a goal past Kata Vilde to challenge Calgary to tie it up again. A Hot-Potato-heaving Casey Creller was not up to that challenge, failing to get the shot past Sebastien Primeau. I think putting the pressure of the game on Creller's already-weighted shoulders was a little too much for the Hot Potato possessor, who now has to carry the potato through to the next game. Lets hope he can unload it on Minnesota and get his game back in order in the next game.

SHL S48 Game 48 - CAL @ MIN

SHL Game 48 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Casey Creller @Mook
Victim: Terrance Nova @sarmo
Time: 3:31 of 1st period
Total possession time: 3:31
Hot po-take-to:
In Casey Creller's 3rd-line role, he doesn't get as much play as the top 2 lines, but his mental recovery and physicality is nothing to shake a stick at. Within 1 minute of getting on the ice in the 1st period, Casey took out Terrance Nova just as he received a pass from Eric Pelletier. It appeared Creller was shaken last game, but he came out to this game with a determination to pass the Hot Potato, and to do so to one of Minnesota's top skaters was quite morale-boosting. Creller went on to hit two more times and block two shots throughout the game, his defensive confidence obviously brought back to normal levels. Terrance Nova is not the most physical player, with checking being the most difficult aspect of his game to train for, but his role as a first-line forward should give him enough minutes and opportunity to connect with someone and pass the Hot Potato along, potentially in this game.

SHL Game 48 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Terrance Nova @sarmo
Victim: N/A
Time: N/A
Total possession time: 58:21
Hot po-take-to:
Terrance was already having a difficult game physically before receiving the Hot Potato, already being hit by Mike Izzy in the first 8 seconds of the game. Then, at 3:31, the Potato was thrust upon him. Nova's next significant play was a deflection attempt, but none other than Casey Creller was there to thwart the shot with a block. Creller's blocked shot was a pseudo victory lap around Nova, taunting the new possessor after just having the weight lifted off his own shoulders. Less than a minute later, Nova was hit twice in a row by Bernik Vrzala, and after that frustration Terrance took several pot shots at the goal, all in vain to get on the scoreboard. In the 2nd period, Terrance took several more shots but they all get easily stopped by Kata Vilde. In the 3rd, Terrance lost a face off and had another shot easily scooped up by Vilde. It's my guess that the frustration of receiving the Hot Potato and then being taunted about it with blocked shots and repeated hits had affected his game. He must carry the Hot Potato onward to the next game. Lets see how his mental fortitude will hold up in his next game against the Los Angeles Panthers.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2019, 04:11 PM by sarmo.)

Lmao this is awesome. Also, I'm a forward @bbjygm

Doubt is a dream killer

[Image: ogSCBn7.png]

I miss the Hot Patato..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

06-19-2019, 03:39 PMsarmo Wrote: Lmao this is awesome. Also, I'm a forward @bbjygm

Did I really mistake you for a D? I swear I thought the X was in the far-right column. I'll edit, thanks!

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget