Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Hard Knocks
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 11:20 AM by PenKnight.)

Hard Knocks List:
1. Montreal Militia
2. Minnesota Chiefs
3. New Orleans Specters
4. West Kendall Platoon
5. Winnipeg Jets

This is going to take 2 actual explanations. 
One for the SMJHL Team listed as number one and the other for the Minnesota Chiefs since they are an actual SHL Team.

#1 Choice and Reason: 
I personally just want to watch the behind the scenes show of the Militia to see how their process works. It would appear that they set lines and strategy and just roll with it till the playoffs. This team even played a couple of games with the Bot Goaltender in net. Any team that makes that bonehead mistake has my vote for a show and I would tune in every week to watch. Who wouldn't? It makes no difference that they are in the Minor League System because the SHL drafts all their stars from that pool so they are affiliated. Sometimes the show might be an empty room like the Montreal Locker Room on Discord but when the Fireworks start it is going to be a show to remember.

#2 Choice and Reason: 
Listen, this is an actual Professional SHL Team and deserves a show as well. Hopefully we can get a bunch of talk about what happened last year and all the members involved in the debacle. Hear their every thought and reaction to current and past situations. You know the whole league loved the drama of the "Daco Debacle" and craves more drama from anywhere they can get it. Everyone will be tuning in every week in hopes of another train wreck. It is like how you rubber neck a car accident, you just can't help yourself.

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Chicago
2. Tampabay
3. New Orleans
4. Buffelo
5. La panthers

#1 Team Explanation: got to go with the expansion team that went with the build for the future strategy, especially when it seems to be paying off. Also features league miss-fit CC2 @Boomcheck on the roster which would be entertaining watching 

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Hard Knocks List:
**1. San Francisco Pride
2. New Orleans Specters
3. Tampa Bay Barracuda
4. Buffalo Stampede
5. Texas Renegades

#1 Team Explanation: The San Francisco Pride have made a lot of good moves over the years and will soon be a big playoff contender. We'll go into the lives of rising star goalie Patrice Nadeau, the mysterious activity return of Leshaun King, and of course the ever present love story between Leopold Lockhart and Dominic Montgomery, because what this team lacks in getting past round one of the playoffs, they make up in being real cute. Fans will luv it.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

Hard Knocks List:
**1. New Orleans
2. Chicago
3. Texas
4. New England
5. San Fran

#1 Team Explanation: Even with bias aside, with New Orleans being a newer team to the league and experiencing a pretty decent amount of success, we're an overall pretty entertaining team to watch. When you account for all the unique personalities we have on the team and the fun we all have together I think we'd be a must watch team

[Image: wHACKER.png]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Tampa Bay Barracuda
2. LA Panthers
3. Minnesota Chiefs
4. San Francisco Pride
5. Buffalo Stampede

#1 Team Explanation: Honestly I just want to be on camera. Nah, seriously, I think the Barracuda are on the verge of being very, very good. I think it's going to be really challenging, but I want to see the magic happen next season as all the young guys on the team (myself included) start to figure out how to play with each other and how things start to come together.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Texas Renegades
2. Edmonton Blizzard
3. West Kendall Platoon
4. Toronto North Stars
5. Winnipeg Jets

#1 Team Explanation: Just from being in the Texas LR over the course of several seasons, a media team following around the players and staff of the organization would see some high quality activities, and it would be quite enjoyable.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Hard Knocks List:
1.  Chiefs
2.  Barracuda
3.  Blizzard
4.  Panthers
5.  Stampede

#1 Team Explanation:
It will be best to follow them to see how the bans and stuff that happened in the off-season may have harmed the team and players. It could be a cautionary tale of why not to do stuff like this in the future.

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Chiefs
2. Rage
3. Barracuda
4. Wolfpack
5. Jets

#1 Team Explanation:
i mean really theres no contest here. thats not to say any of these other teams' stories wouldnt make for good television... but as much as i hate to say it, drama sells. obviously that series would be chock-full of it and right out of the god damn gate too. from the whole Co-GM thing to players straight up wanting out, everything was pretty crazy.

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Specters
2. Chiefs
3. Blizzard
4. Jets
5. Renegades

#1 Team Explanation: The Specters are a tough-nosed group of veterans, brought together by SHL expansion. They come together with varying amounts of success. Some are castaways from the Edmonton Blizzard team that bitterly broke apart. Others are hungry new prospects looking to become the first legends in a New Orleans uniform. The Specters were knocked out in the 11th hour of their inaugural season, and fell apart in the playoffs last season. Now, they look to regroup and prove they belong.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2019, 01:29 PM by tweedledunn.)

Hard Knocks List:
**1. pride
2. Dragons
3. Stars
4. syndicate
5. Barracuda

#1 Team Explanation: Well obviously as Co-GM I'd love to see a training camp behinds the scenes show about our team. There is plenty of story behind our rebuild, our draft history and the awesome mix of players and personalities in our locker room.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Tampa
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. San Francisco
5. Buffalo

Tampa would be my pick: After another year goes down the gutter and trading out CCII, the Barracuda are at a crossroads: will bringing in forgotten player Nickolas Klaus and the underutilized Alex Andani be enough to put them over the top?

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Minnesota
2. Hamilton
3. Tampa Bay
4. Buffalo
5. Texas

#1 Team Explanation: Training camp is usually a time for draft picks to link up with established players, creating a dynamic situation where new pushes old and the intensity of the entire camp is raised. As such, it would be interesting to film an upcoming Chiefs camp where no new draft picks are coming and see what the energy is like.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Calgary Dragons
2. Minnesota Chiefs
3. Buffalo Stampede
4. NOLA
5. Texas Renegades

#1 Team Explanation: The Dragons have a close relationship and tight-knit group, but also behave like they are the hit show "The Office" with pranks, teasing, and strange love drama with the receptionists. However, despite not having the Jerry Springer-like entertainment, it would be like a Man Vs Food (Esa eating) and Jackass comedy Tongue

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Edmonton
2. Tampa Bay
3. Minnesota
4. New Orleans
5. Hamilton

#1 Team Explanation: Edmonton is the obvious choice for a Hard Knocks style show. After setting a league record for wins in a season, the team was struggling for much of this season and is now climbing their way back up the standings. The show could focus on the players' feelings about being incredibly successful and then struggling, but could also focus a lot on how there will soon be a wave of youth on the team as some of the older players ride off into the sunset.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Hard Knocks List:
**1. Tampa Bay Barracuda
2. Minnesota Chiefs
3. Buffalo Stampede
4. New Orleans Spectres
5. New England Wolfpack

#1 Team Explanation: The SHL Network will follow closely the young up and coming Tampa Bay Barracuda during their next training camp as a lot of young players will be making the jump to try to snag a full time position among the team. Tampa has a young core that will definitely be dangerous in a few seasons and this next training camp will let us know if they ever stand a chance at the Challenge Cup.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]