Create Account

S48 PT #5 - SHL Appreciation Week
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 11:30 AM by ErM.)

There are a lot of people on the site and in the sim league community that I am generally friendly with. However, many of the people I am friends with started or continued on other leagues whether it was football or race car driving. However, there are two people that are pretty exclusive to the SHL that I thoroughly enjoy. The first is the guy with more enthusiasm than anyone I will ever meet @Mike Izzy. The amount of love he has for this league is straight up contagious. I appreciate that he always seems to be on the right side of things. The other is one of my few Blozzard Bros that I do not associate with another league, my former fearless leader @karlssens. Karl is literally a buddy of mine. He knows all of the necessary information to murder me if he truly wanted to; which is the true sign of internet friendship (he even had the opportunity but instead just gave me some delicious cookies). Without guys like Izzy, Karl, and the friends I made in other leagues I am confident I would have quit my second job by now…

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

telll us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

156 words

Thus far, Jack Kennedy's most enjoyable moment--or moments, rather--is the Vancouver Whaler's cup run of season forty three. Although he was only in his sophomore season, and without a large role on the team, he found a way to contribute to the 8-1-1 playoff record none the less, and definitely earned that championship ring. With three goals and five assists in the ten games, Kennedy was actively involved. While he does remember the outcome, the major memories were made on the ride to glory, as the team got collectively more stoked on their very real--and ultimately realized--championship potential. By the time the finals round arrived, the boys were all fired up in the discord locker room. They would all meet and watch the playoff play by plays on the edge of their seats. Experiencing that excitement with team was indeed a very enjoyable time in Kennedy's career.

Probably my most enjoyable moments on the site were back in S24 with the Montreal Impact. We had a great team that was stacked and loaded for bear. Bunch of classic names in there as well with Evandrus Jesster, Lord Pretty Flacko, Buzz Killington, Klaus Wagner, Earnest Ciarelli and myself as some of the names I remember. Our locker room went to 259 pages that season and it was just such an active and fun place to be with a great group of guys. I believe my player switched from defense to forward that season as well. That was the cup that got away for me, we had such a great team but Simon T was being a bitch as usual. My new player won 3 cups in a row in Kelowna but somehow as great as that was it was still S24 that will always stand out in my mind as my favorite time in the SHL.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Quote:- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

There are quite a lot of people who fall under this category, to the point where mentioning only a few of them would feel kind of unfair. But I guess that's what's I gotta have to do for this PT so I will go with @Wasty and @Gifter of Bikes . Bikes, or GoB as people used to call him, isn't a one hundred percent correct choice for this category as I had run into him before, but he was the person who recruited me to this league and we didn't really get to know each other and I didn't get to find out what a nice person he was until we were both in the SHL. The second person is my current GM, Wasty, who I've also know almost since joining this league all the way back in... well I don't even wanna count the real life years that went into this. Ironically I actually feel those real life years the most when interacting with Wasty, as he has been blessed with a great family over the last few years and I got to see him get married and have children who now seem to grow up so fast. Congratulations my man, now let's end this LAP cup drought together and buy you a Tesla full of weed to celebrate!

Code:
- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

There's probably three main groups to consider here for me, kinda represents three eras on the site. The first would be the guys I met in Portland when I was drafted there in S26, guys like @JumpierPancakes, @GCool, @karlssens and @Banjo. We had some really fun times hanging out in Chatzy, and there was a real excitement that we were building something special. It didn't work out unfortunately but some of the guys from then are still good friends and there's some great memories.

Then the seasons I spent in LAP, great memories. The LR was easily the best I've seen in any sim league, it was a hell of a lot of fun hanging out pretty much all day with @WannabeFinn, @FourFour, @Ragnar, Deener and many others. It was a shame that things didn't end too well, and although there has been stuff said since that I regret a lot, I will always have a lot of time and respect for @Wasty for the great LR vibe he built; maybe one day when I've stepped down we'll get things straightened up for real?

Finally, my boys, the team I love and some unreal guys, the Renegades. I couldn't be happier with who's in our LR and the people who I've been lucky enough to GM over the seasons. I can't speak highly of guys like @Slowpoke, @Durden, @NJBadApple and @Dangles13 who were all there since the beginning, and it's also been a privilege to be able to bring guys like @iamslm22, @Dude, @raymond3000, @EuroCap, @DieselJ, @hockeyfan and @dizzyDC (miss u homie) into the fold and get to know them. Special shoutout to @Jearim for being easy the best draft pick i'll ever make and being the perfect guy to run the show with, you're a real one brother

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 03:53 PM by JKortesi81.)

- Have you met a person or a group in the SHL that you are friendly with? or someone that you appreciate here on the site? give them a shout out and tell us why you appreciate them! (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

There isn’t enough room in 150 words for me to properly express my appreciation for some members of this site. The initial ones are obvious:

Thank you to @Steelhead77 for everything he’s ever done for me in teaching me the ways of being a good GM and a better than him lines creator Wink

@TheDangaZone, you know what you mean to me, but its honestly still an honor to have been at your wedding. @BadWolf, you’re pretty fucking awesome too. I can’t wait for you guys to eventually come up here to hang out!

@Evok, it was awesome to meet you in person too. You’re fantastic, and I’ve enjoyed every step of our sim journey together, across all leagues lol. Even PBE HO. Somehow.

@TML99 , I’m probably not here if it wasn’t for you hiring me to GM St. Louis with you. The entire site can blame you.

Man, there’s just too many people to name. Literally every single St. Louis Scarecrow has been fantastic to me. So many Dragons friends too. (Hi @Mike Izzy ! )

I’ve worked alongside some great people too.

At this point, I wish I could just @everyone.

(194)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Code:

Barret McCarthy @Inf1d3l is probably my best friend in the SHL. He's always very easy to talk to and even though we are on different teams, he is very supportive of me, my career decisions, and my team's journey. When either of our teams are eliminated and the other is involved, we know who we are going to cheer for, it's not even a question. I appreciate his friendship a lot, because really, it's the people you interact with that make the SHL a worthwhile experience. We're one of the last few remaining from the S44 draft class, so we also have that to draw us together and to try to keep our class alive and making an impact. He's becoming a very gifted defenseman for Manhattan, and it's been great to watch him enter the SHL and find early success. I have known him since he was setting records in the SMJHL, and it's been cool to be along with each other for the journey.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

Quote:- Tell us about some of your favorite SHL posts of all time. what were they about? what did you enjoy about them? how did they turn out!? (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

I think I'll just make a large post answering all three, if none of you mind. Well, first of all, I think I should say that I've been friendly with @academydropout for a good while now, mainly over another game we play, the Pokécord bot and also musical tastes. I thank him for introducing me to this website which I so far have no real complaints over. I also really want to thank @Pris for her work at the Rookie Discord when I joined. Helped me tons on how to start myself and I'm very thankful for it.

Now, for the record, I've had pretty cordial interactions with pretty much everyone at the very least and if it depended on myself, I'd include a fuckton of people but I'll try to keep it short. First of all, I have to thank @Dangles13 for giving me a shot when I joined. I signed up as soon as I found out about the league and I'm very thankful to have been given so much help even if I myself don't find me as if I made it worth the effort. Then the Outlaws as a whole, in a nutshell. Ever since I joined, the Outlaws' locker room has been fantastic and I've made a bunch of friends there. Our former captain @Segi (still owes me a pinball machine), our current captain @Donini13 (who deserves a prize for the rookie card he made for me), me Irish brother @SDCore, @SpartanGibbles who created the legendary Outlungus, the legend @JNH (who I'll never hate), Hodor fluent @bbjygm, current Colorado spy @wumaduce , our one-two goalie punch with @DieselJ and @chetib, the legend @GCool, good boy @Zach and pretty much everyone else that has played for the team. Being a member of the Anaheim Outlaws was one of the best experiences ever, I've had my best moments there (winning the Cup, witnessing Outlungus) and I was even there for the legend that was the interview that was literally "Hodor", my fave post so far.

I also want to thank the people from the San Francisco Pride locker room, who were also all fantastic guys so far to me and I'm really happy to have been drafted by them. I need to thank @Grapehead and @tweedledunn not only with picking me but also with keeping things so good over there. I also want to thank the guys and girls that make the Pride LR good. Our glorious captain @bluesfan55 who delivered one of the most awesome pre and post playoff talks I've ever witnessed, fellow soccer fan (and pretty swell guy) @Jiggly_333, @ej27 and her adorable dog, @micool132 who's one of the coolest guys there, @bilbo who came up with some awesome stuff as well, @Beaver, @prettyburn, @Lazyeye and the rest of the team as well. I hope I'll help you guys accomplish every goal on our path!

Finally, I want to thank a couple of other folks: @"Flareon4043" for the EHL which allowed me to stretch my logo making muscles but also allowing me to run the Thun Lakers (even if that team only won like two games, they had the most awesome unis ever), @TnlAstatine for trusting on me to do a logo for the now-defunct Revelstoke Arctic Fire, @enigmatic for running the IHL which is an awesome thing that I love taking part on and pretty much everyone that ever signed up for the Friendly Cup. I know it's a bit of a shoehorn but I love running the event and every sign-up makes me ever so happier. Overall, I'd like to thank the league as a whole for being such a fun past-time. If I knew this was a thing earlier, I'd have signed up ages ago.

Thank you.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Code:
- Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

One of the most enjoyable moments I had on the site was the S47 SMJHL playoffs with Anaheim. As a locker room, our team observed the playoffs unfolding in front of us as a group. As we kept winning series after series, Anaheim got farther along in the playoffs than they ever had before. Once the finals came around, @Segi, @SDCore, @Dangles13, and I were in the unique positions of seeing the game results before the play-by-plays were able to be created and published. We had to keep our traps shut so we could keep the rest of the team in the dark about the real results, which got tougher and tougher as we rounded on game 7 of the finals. There was an explosion of celebration in the SMJHL GM discord when Anaheim was announced the winner. I checked in part-way through a bike ride. We had to keep our championship win quiet for another day or so but finally we were able to celebrate with the team our championship win.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2019, 08:12 PM by MrStennett.)

Code:

The Scarecrows locker room has been one of the greatest places I've ever been in my time in sim leagues. I've been in four different locker rooms as well as numerous other management servers and I can truly say I've never quite had the experience I've had being in St. Louis. First off, the number of veteran guys that were both on the team and were members of the alumni that helped me out when I first joined was incredible. I'll never be able to hit everyone, but I'd like to tag @esilverm, @Scrufdaddy, @TheDangaZone, @Serpe x 13, @JKortesi81, @FuzzSHL, @fever95, @"cpetrella", and @gordieboom. All of you guys and many others really helped acclimate me to the locker room and truly made me feel welcome to the team. Also, the group of guys that I came in with, what can I say? I've never been part of such a great draft class before. @Mika_Kandinsky, @Huck24, and @eddiesnothere have been super great and supportive teammates. I would also be remiss if I didn't shout out my GMs, @Nictox and @TML99 who do a terrific job keeping this group of guys focused on our goal of being the best team we can be. I know that we didn't get to the point we wanted to this season, but with such collection of motivated dudes, we'll get there. I have not doubt. All of you I've tagged here and many others have made being a Scarecrow one of the greatest honors I've had in my time in sim leagues. Much love to all of you.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

I am very glad that King drafted me to the Halifax Raiders back in S46 because the people I met were nothing short of extraordinary. Those next few months starting in December were some of the best time I've ever had on the internet, and I'm really glad I met all the people below. It was my first simulation experience, and having them around to chat about whatever came to mind was extremely fun even though our team sucked so much. The locker room on Discord was always active, day in and day out and I truly feel like I've met some great friends on this site. We've played video games, watched some movies, watched the poor polar bears from Our Planet, and much more. It's been a blast to meet this community and hopefully we all keep in touch for the foreseeable future. 

Thanks to the following people, in random order:

@bilbo, @slothfacekilla, @"Flareon4043", @Citizen of Adraa, @TheDangaZone, @BadWolf, @Nobody, @JR95, @sharksisback

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

PBE CW

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Topic #2 -  Tell us about some of the most enjoyable moments you have had on this site. (*Tag anyone relevant to the topic)

Rookie seasons are always fun because there's so much to do and get accomplished, but when the team is doing well and you immediately get your first taste of a deep playoff run, seeing the team get close together makes things even more special. As you all know, plenty of sims were delayed in the 4-Star Cup Final, and to say the Outlaws were impatient is more an understatement. Taking matters into our own hands, the whole team went on multiple meme raids, with none other than @bbjygm leading the charge. If we weren't laughing about @BDonini failing to score on breakaways in the locker room or having to hear @SpartanGibbles brag about being engaged, we'd take our services to imgflip and go on a field day.

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

Topic #2:

One of the most enjoyable moments on the site would have to be when Lovell Kunkel agencies was still a thing along with the other player agencies. The different levels of involvement created a great deal of excitement and created a different area of involvement for a lot of members. As a GM, it was different to negotiate with an agent. You either got the easy deal from a player wanting to stay or you had to negotiate hard with an agent. You couldn't make the ethos appeal by looking for an emotional pitch and showing them what they've had for the last few seasons. Instead you had to logically reason with the agent for why you decided that their player was worth X amount. Other than that, when gorlab was banned it was really fun. Also wining the Four Star Cup in Anaheim last season was great fun. We had @Dangles13 and @SpartanGibbles running the squad. Then guys like Kennedy, Mander, Seger, Connolly, Whacker, Soonika, Tedla, McCloud, Selma, McShotty (meme god) and Rockatansky.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

I've been involved with the site for less than a year and because of the combination of work, family, and living on the opposite side of the planet I haven't been able to really be as active as I'd like to be in discord chats or producing content. So, unfortunately I haven't really developed any friendships here or can throw out some posts that stuck with me but with the time I have been able to give to the site there are a few things that have given me a good deal of enjoyment and pride.

Top on the list is putting up the 5th best plus minus all time in the league last season with @JR95. We were able to catch lightning in a bottle and it felt great to be known around the league for something, especially since I'm not a TPE earning machine like some of the other people from my draft class. (please show me your ways) I hope that the D pair of Emerson and Ross is able to play together for a long time down in West Kendall.

Connected to the plus minus last season was winning the Challenge Cup. In the SMJHL I fell just short of winning it all with Detroit. It felt so good to win the cup especially after just missing it with Detroit and flat out missing the playoffs with West Kendall in my rookie campaign.

Lastly, is leading the league in fights won this season. I want to be as close to shutdown tough guy defenseman as I can without being a goon as I can. I got in four fights and won them all. My plus minus is never going to be like last season again but at least I can lead the league in something. Maybe. Come fight me and find out.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]