Create Account

S49 PT #1 - The Affiliate

NSFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

08-03-2019, 04:31 PMluketd Wrote: Well I see how it is

Someone's too busy LEAVING US TO GO TO NEW YORK, havent even changed your sig to be the co of manhattan yet, smdh

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Well the first order of business for any affiliate team is to pick a proper location. While wanting to keep the team closer in location to New Orleans we scouted a lot of cities in the state of Louisiana and Mississippi. Ultimately we decided it would be better to stay in state and try to keep the city close enough for fans to be able to go to either game, or so our call ups can get to the arena fast. We decided to go with Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Next picking a name was important to keep the team feel with a more ghoulish theme. While an easy out would be something else ghostly related or even a ghoul we thought the best option would be to tie into local folklore and mythology. Louisiana is home to a lot of more spooky legends and party themes throughout the year so it felt more fitting to take something already known. We decided to go with the Baton Rouge Rougarou. A legendary swamp creature that haunts the dreams of local children. Of course we need the spookiest of managers for the team so what better duo than a foxy man and a someone with a sloth for a face. So welcome to the the management team @slothfacekilla and @FuzzSHL

[Image: thedangazone.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2019, 02:38 AM by TheHockeyist. Edit Reason: Typo. )

If I were in charge of Minnesota's minor league team, we need to go in. We need to go all in. We need to place a minor league team on Mars. Yes, Mars! Nevermind the travel time, we can arrange for light speed things to get us to Mars. It will only take anywhere between 3-23 minutes, depending on where the planets are in their orbits. Also, nevermind the Martian climate at times where planet-wide dust storms can cancel seasons - we'll hold the games in orbit around Mars if that becomes impractical, or in a different location on Mars if we can find one. Also nevermind the lack of oxygen, magnetosphere, or any of those things. Our engineers will take care of it. Because why have a team on Earth? We need a minor team on Mars just so we can say we've done it before in the SHL's history. Minnesota Chiefs? No, Mars Chiefs.

Also, @Shmurph and @Leppish will have the responsibility of handling Martian travel expenses.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2019, 08:17 PM by 5ympathies.)

New Englands affiliate is going to play in Canada. More specifically in British Columbia. Even more specifically in the lower mainland. The most specific area is Surrey. The team is going to be called the Surrey Singhs, and that will be the name because I always enjoy a good amount of alliteration. Also because I love representation, and the SHL is not overflowing with that. The team is probably going to be super shitty and that's just an unfortunate result of all the good players on the team not wanting to play there and being loaned out to other clubs in nicer areas. The ones that do stay and play for this team, however, well they're my boys and we'll speak in a different language and just basically isolate people who can't speak that language. I guess the team is destined to be a disaster as I'll go too far and have to do a walk of shame.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

[Image: 99a8f269826065bcb366976af6e9f90e.jpg]

For The Calgary Dragons I think a fantastic location for our affiliate team would be Canmore Alberta. Located in the entrance to the mountains it has beautiful mountainous views and crisp clean air and only 45 minutes from Calgary. It is a quick and easy escape from the city life in Calgary. It also provides the team with a number of different training opportunities whether it be mountain climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and kayaking. Because of how close it is to Calgary it also provides a convenient for players to get called up and get there in a reasonable amount of time. Another benefit to playing in the mountains is that the team is training at a higher altitude meaning there is less air available causing a more difficult work out. This will really benefit the team when playing elsewhere as a lot more oxygen will be readily available.

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Welcome to the New England Wolfpack's SHL Affiliate Franchise, the Rhode Island Wildcats! The Cats are right down the highway, only an hour south of your New England Wolfpack in Boston, Maaschusetts. We're excited to have you with us here and we're eager to see what you can turn into with hard wore and dedication to our franchise. A wildcat, or a puma, or mountain lion, are naturally found throughout New England's mountain ranges and thick forests. Similar to a pack of wolves, the wildcat is the apex predator in the food chain. Nothing threatens a wildcat, other than man itself. A wildcat will retreat from no threat when its domain is infiltrated, and that encapsulates everything we want to be known as with our franchise. Defense wins championships, and we believe that here in the Wolfpack front office.

Current defenseman Guy Zheng and his agent are assuming the GM role of the Rhode Island Wildcats. We're eager to see how our inaugural season will go.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

NSFL PT
Username: ADwyer87

Quote:Written Task: In the event that this takes place the league is asking that this be a collaberative effort of ideas. Give us a rundown on where your teams minor league affiliate will play? What will it be called? Why did you decide to call it that? and who on your staff will take the responsibility of managing the new team and why!?  (150+ words and tag all involved)
I’m selfish, so I want to say we would place the minor league team in Cleveland and name me the GM of the newly formed Cleveland Emeralds, in homage to the beautiful series of Cleveland Metroparks that surround Northeast Ohio. Barring that, because who could @WannabeFinn trust to run a minor league squad in Ohio but another Ohioan, there is a more likely answer.

The team, in honor of the Stampede’s legacy, color scheme, and downright memelord nature, would be the one and only Brampton Trailers. @Brandon would be asked to design a logo/uniform that aligns to the big club, doubling down on the John Deere energy we’re putting out. I can think of no better human than @Mayuu to be the inaugural GM. He’s crept in the shadows for Detroit and Buffalo making things happen, so it’d be natural that Tomen and Finn would hand management of the minor league team off to him.

This league isn’t going to be solvent with 16 minor league teams, so the Brampton Tractors would be shared with the Toronto North Stars. There will be nothing honoring Toronto on the jerseys, which will deepen the sense of pain and misfortune that has followed Toronto for a fair bit of time. This will likely also lead to more deep resentment between these two teams/fanbases… or they’ll all sing kumbaya and become best friends. We literally don’t know what will happen.

We could also name @TnlAstatine the coach and Monkey D. Luffy captain for life, because I’d love the lols of Luffy never actually playing for Buffalo.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

With a name like "Dragons" it's only natural that the team's minor league affiliate would also be associated with fairy tales. The team will be located in Seattle, WA, replacing the now defunct Seattle Riot. Why Seattle? Well, with the city's connections to Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons, it seems only fitting that we put a fairy tale-themed team there, and it's not super far from Calgary either. As far as the team name, "fairies" seems. . .less than ideal. And we can't do Knights for obvious reasons. So how about the Kings? We don't currently have a Kings franchise in the league, and the connection of royalty ties pretty well with the whole fairy tale thing. There's some pretty good options for colours there too - while gold comes to mind obviously the NHL's Kings don't bother with that. And of course in charge of the organization will be retired Dragons superstar Esa Anrikkanen, the "king of parms", because who else would befit the role better than him (@Steelhead77)

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

the team would be in nashville since thats like sorta close to miami and they would be called the squad because a platoon is a bunch of squads like how the west kendall platoon is a bunch of nashville squads. the squad could have a younger eagle as its logo with an army helmet on to contrast with west kendall's more military insignia logo style. i think that it would be a little hard to manage at first since west kendall doesn't really have a lot of younger minor league type guys (though that will change in the near future) so im sure the minor league team would rely heavily on some inactive signings or something to actually form a roster. it would be an interesting challenge though i feel like if minor league teams were implemented it might be two SHL teams to a minor league team.

More important for me than the identity of our affiliate franchise is the actual structure of the new league and how it would interact with the SHL, so let me ramble on about that a bit first. Now of course the main question would be whether that new league and its affiliate system would replace the SMJHL or merely supplement it. Given how much of a success story the SMJHL has consistently been for decades now, I'd assume the latter. In fact in an ideal world, th one thing that I would love to see would not be a new affiliation system, but a two-tier league with promotions and demotions, which would force teams to always try and be competitive and basically eliminate tanking as a viable strategy, but we all know that's not gonna happen...

So about our new affiliate... For the Los Angeles Panthers it would obviously have to be another team from California, and one that is fairly close as well. As a fan of a real life team that once had an affiliate multiple hours (by plane) away, making short-term call-ups basically impossible, I do want an affiliate that makes it easy to bring in players, have them pratice together and grow together as one community. There are two options that I'd like: a) a team from Los Angeles itself, maybe even from Anaheim because I'm sure the people of LA would love it to make Anaheim their bi... I mean minor league affiliate. But if we wanna go for a less domineering approach then I'd like option b), which is a team from San Bernardino. They would still be reasonably close to LA and in a big market that has been somewhat neglected by the major US sports in the past. I would name them the "San Bernardino Imperials" because apparently the San Bernardino Metro area is called the "Inland Empire", which is just an awesome name for a city.

So if Buffalo had an affiliate the most logical position would be the closest major city to Buffalo if not Buffalo and that to me is Rochester. Seeing as how we could get into some legal trouble with just ripping off the Americans name, I would name the team the Rochester Lions. Historically the city was known as the "Young Lion of the West" and plus I think Lions are just a great name for any team overall with the exception of Detroit. As far as who would run the team? I think the team's GM has enough on his plate so I would give the job to the Co-GM. Lets look at the facts, the league hires Co-GMs as GMs for teams often, why not let them get experience on the job by managing affiliates? That way they can learn how to manage a team and how to properly develop and manage young talent.

SHL Team: Edmonton Blizzard
Minor League Affiliate: Spruce Grove Villagers

For Edmonton's minor affiliate, I would venture out to Spruce Grove, Alberta. Just 11 kilometres west of Edmonton, there's a really close knit community there who love their hockey. I fully believe they would support a local minor league team. Spruce Grove actually started out as a village town and that's really how they made their name. When coming up with the team, we decided to honour that by calling the team the Spruce Grove Villagers.

In terms of running the team, the co-GM of the Blizzard has actually been tasked with building the Villagers. Tony Pepperoni has been scouting out the minor leagues across the globe so he's been diligently working to get them up and working. The owner of the Blizzard sent Pepperoni on this job to help get him more experience building a team. He usually answers to Connor Tanner, but now he can build a team in his vision which is great practice for the SHL.

The town of Spruce Grove is excited about this new team to cheer on. Season ticket sales are through the roof and the Villagers are ready to make their mark as the newest minor league affiliate of the Edmonton Blizzard.

(200 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

This has been a bit of a talking point for some ideas regarding a 'buffer' league for those that want to stretch their legs but also not get clobbered in the SHL. I'd make it somewhere along the lines of a 330-750 TPE league. This will hurt SMJHL quite a bit since it overlaps with their own cap but this lets people who want to go up after their rookie season to be approved doing so, unless we make a rule that if you are to be sent down then you have to go to the SMJHL your +1 draft year.

This should stop us from over inflating our teams with expansion and giving player some breathing room. I am worried about the team count for this middle league and teams SHOULD be sharing if we do go through with affiliation. So we got what 16 teams in the SHL? That means 8 teams in this new league, 2 SHL clubs per team.

Sacramento All Stars

Not some animal or real figure head for this logo, and I kind of like it that way. This would be a shared affiliate team for the Panthers and Pride given the California connection-- But maybe we should pick smaller cities? Dunno. The logo should, obviously, incorporate some blazing stars and the word mark. Maybe a star in the middle of the S or where the blank spaces in the hooks of the S would be?

Put some folks in charge that LAP and SanFran management trust in some joint effort. Lets say each of the affiliate team puts forth some candidates and HO chooses between them in a pool. Less chances of controversy if people apart of the team are running the middle league team.

Lets do the run down on this idea.

8 Team League
2 SHL teams attached to each affiliate
330-750 TPE Range (can change)
Must be run by a member that is apart of the 2 SHL affiliated teams via team recommendations and HO.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]