Create Account

Max contract length

If I were going to make a change it would be that there is no maximum length for contracts more than $4,000,000.

You can sign your younger players long term, no additional potential for cap-circumvention.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

08-05-2019, 07:31 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:29 PMTomen Wrote: From S20-S39 an average of 12.2 people got to 1k TPE per draft class. Almost enough for a full first round and yeah I know that includes the other rounds as well but you get what I wanted to say hopefully

I know you keeps some history as well. Would you happen to have a running list of players highest TPE?

You mean historically of every player? Nah I just went through each regression post each season + the few notable retirements before regression and added them to my spreadsheet. I also track how many 1k+ TPE players are in regression each season. We are currently at 57 which is the 3rd highest in league history.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-05-2019, 07:30 PMTomen Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:28 PMGrapehead Wrote: Tier 4 min is still $3m tho not $2m, and even if they sign a 2 season ELC they'd be an RFA at the end and could only sign for 3 more max at that point.

You forget people could just chill at 699 TPE until the next contract is processed.

Ya, then it makes more sense to go with option 2 in my OP, because you couldn't chill at 699, cause the rule would state you had to be 700 before you could sign longer than 3 seasons.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

08-05-2019, 07:32 PMTommySalami Wrote: If I were going to make a change it would be that there is no maximum length for contracts more than $4,000,000.

You can sign your younger players long term, no additional potential for cap-circumvention.

That is the current rule... you have to hit 1000 TPE which is $4m minimum

08-05-2019, 07:29 PMTomen Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:26 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Ya I keep seeing @Boomcheck make this claim and i have yet to see any tangible evidence for it.

From S20-S39 an average of 12.2 people got to 1k TPE per draft class. Almost enough for a full first round and yeah I know that includes the other rounds as well but you get what I wanted to say hopefully

Then I think you have to breakdown it into the 1st and second round. 1k tpe isn’t hard to reach though. It’s only 77 tpe a season (1k - 155)/11. You can get 56 of that through training and Ac, and then 16 from CW and you’re very basically there

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Here is my idea. You have an Entry Level Contract once your Entry Level Contract is up you are a Restricted Free Agent for 3 Years. You can sign 5 Years Max. Once said player becomes a Unrestricted Free Agent with no Max on the Term, and a 14 Million Max on Contract amount (20% of the Salary Cap Space)

08-05-2019, 07:33 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:32 PMTommySalami Wrote: If I were going to make a change it would be that there is no maximum length for contracts more than $4,000,000.

That is the current rule... you have to hit 1000 TPE which is $4m minimum

It was my understanding you couldn't sign a 500 TPE player to a 10 year $40 million contract.

08-05-2019, 07:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Here is my idea. You have an Entry Level Contract once your Entry Level Contract is up you are a Restricted Free Agent for 3 Years. You can sign 5 Years Max. Once said player becomes a Unrestricted Free Agent with no Max on the Term, and a 14 Million Max on Contract amount (20% of the Salary Cap Space)

How long would the ELC be? Currently you're an RFA for the first 3 seasons after being drafted by an SHL team, how would that play into your suggestion?

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 07:43 PM by Grapehead.)

08-05-2019, 07:41 PMTommySalami Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:33 PMGrapehead Wrote: That is the current rule... you have to hit 1000 TPE which is $4m minimum

It was my understanding you couldn't sign a 500 TPE player to a 10 year $40 million contract.

That's right, you cannot sign a 500 TPE player to a 10 season contract.

08-05-2019, 07:43 PMGrapehead Wrote: That's right, you cannot sign a 500 TPE player to a 10 season contract.

My rule change proposal is you can give a player with any TPE amount a 3+ season contract as long as the value is at least $4 million per season.

08-05-2019, 07:46 PMTommySalami Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:43 PMGrapehead Wrote: That's right, you cannot sign a 500 TPE player to a 10 season contract.

My rule change proposal is you can give a player with any TPE amount a 3+ season contract as long as the value is at least $4 million per season.

Oh I understand now, thank you. That would actually satisfy my intent, but wouldn't trigger a savings in cap that people might oppose.

All this would change would allow GMs to get top earners on infinite 3 mil deals instead of 4 mil. The absolute top earners do so much else they don't need contract money, they'll just sign a 3 mil 20 year deal, and will essentially be a never ending additional home town discount.

This suggestion is only so that GMs can pay less for their best earners. That's literally all that it would do.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

08-05-2019, 07:42 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:34 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote: Here is my idea. You have an Entry Level Contract once your Entry Level Contract is up you are a Restricted Free Agent for 3 Years. You can sign 5 Years Max. Once said player becomes a Unrestricted Free Agent with no Max on the Term, and a 14 Million Max on Contract amount (20% of the Salary Cap Space)

How long would the ELC be? Currently you're an RFA for the first 3 seasons after being drafted by an SHL team, how would that play into your suggestion?

Entry Level Contract 3 Years then you have a RFA Right to the player for an extra 3 seasons.

08-05-2019, 07:53 PMSymmetrik Wrote: All this would change would allow GMs to get top earners on infinite 3 mil deals instead of 4 mil. The absolute top earners do so much else they don't need contract money, they'll just sign a 3 mil 20 year deal, and will essentially be a never ending additional home town discount.

This suggestion is only so that GMs can pay less for their best earners. That's literally all that it would do.

What about Tommy's suggestion? If $4m remains the minimum value of any contract longer than 3 seasons, it wouldn't affect the budget.

08-05-2019, 08:14 PMItssYoBoiDaLegend Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:42 PMGrapehead Wrote: How long would the ELC be? Currently you're an RFA for the first 3 seasons after being drafted by an SHL team, how would that play into your suggestion?

Entry Level Contract 3 Years then you have a RFA Right to the player for an extra 3 seasons.

Oh okay. I think players should be able to be free agents sooner than 6 seasons. They're more than half way to regression at that point.