Create Account

Max contract length
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2019, 08:43 AM by Grapehead.)

EDIT: I'm disappointed that this has been framed as some sort of attempt to circumvent the cap. I wanted to provide more than one option, for conversations sake, but neither of my suggestions are up to par. However, TommySalami's suggestion appears to be a much less significant change that would allow players who WANT to sign long-term the ability to do so anytime, without the team getting any sort of discount on a long-term contract. Anyway, I just wanted to emphasize that I'm only echoing the sentiment I've gotten from players in the past who were disappointed to find they had to earn 1000 TPE before they could sign a long-term deal.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Management trying to lock players up early before they even get called up to take advantage of their naivety. Out here scheming about signing some young wide eyed kid to a minimum contract to 10 seasons or something.

Raise the salary cap. Teams need to stop being afraid of paying players. Apparently most first rounders project to hit 1K TPE anyways so there probably ain't any issues.

Lets say Calgary has this young 650 tpe player that looks pretty promising off his ELC and sign him to a long term contract--- And then he suddenly goes inactive. Not only are they stuck paying this fella, he probably is some middle six talent. At least the 1K tpe guy will put up numbers consistently. Long term involves risk and look at Jiggly, SanFran signed 'em to a long term contract and they pretty much had to retire to get off the Pride's books.

There's teams out there that can't currently afford to pay their guys more. I don't mind people taking the minimum since most have a fat bank account anyways, I want those that don't have those bank accounts to get money and support to develop. You give everyone a forced increase then it hurts the cap numbers for the guy that may want more than 3M on their ELC.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 07:02 PM by luke.)

I think the main complaint would be is that if someone signs like an 8 year deal on a 3 milbasis to someone who is a top earner, then It would view it as circumventing the cap of some sort

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-05-2019, 07:01 PMBoomcheck Wrote: Raise the salary cap. Teams need to stop being afraid of paying players. Apparently most first rounders project to hit 1K TPE anyways so there probably ain't any

Define most first rounders

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2019, 07:22 PM by Grapehead.)

08-05-2019, 07:01 PMBoomcheck Wrote: Management trying to lock players up early before they even get called up to take advantage of their naivety. Out here scheming about signing some young wide eyed kid to a minimum contract to 10 seasons or something.

Raise the salary cap. Teams need to stop being afraid of paying players. Apparently most first rounders project to hit 1K TPE anyways so there probably ain't any issues.

Lets say Calgary has this young 650 tpe player that looks pretty promising off his ELC and sign him to a long term contract--- And then he suddenly goes inactive. Not only are they stuck paying this fella, he probably is some middle six talent. At least the 1K tpe guy will put up numbers consistently. Long term involves risk and look at Jiggly, SanFran signed 'em to a long term contract and they pretty much had to retire to get off the Pride's books.

There's teams out there that can't currently afford to pay their guys more. I don't mind people taking the minimum since most have a fat bank account anyways, I want those that don't have those bank accounts to get money and support to develop. You give everyone a forced increase then it hurts the cap numbers for the guy that may want more than 3M on their ELC.

Man, I'm trying to pay players more, but there are some players who want to be able to sign long-term earlier. If you think I'm trying to take advantage of players here, then we're misunderstanding each other. I'd love to raise the cap as well, but this is more of the length, since many players are surprised to find they can't sign more than 3 seasons until they hit 1000 TPE.

08-05-2019, 07:02 PMluketd Wrote: I think the main complaint would be is that if someone signs like an 8 year deal on a 3 milbasis to someone who is a top earner, then It would view it as circumventing the cap of some sort

It wouldn't be circumventing the cap if the rule was changed, that's my point though. $3m isn't exactly cheap, because with a 20 person minimum roster and a cap of $70m it's a significant portion of your budget. You can't pay all 20 people $4m under this cap, so it's not like these contract minimums are chump change.

No Grape people would essentially sign the same contract I did just with 2m instead of 1m
ELC can be 2 seasons

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

It’s fine where it is tbh

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-05-2019, 07:02 PMluketd Wrote: I think the main complaint would be is that if someone signs like an 8 year deal on a 3 milbasis to someone who is a top earner, then It would view it as circumventing the cap of some sort

Ding ding unless we change our contracts to a dynamic model where as a player crosses TPE tiers their contract increases, then this will be used to circumvent the cap. If I recreate, and then sign myself to the min until I'm out of my RFA years and then sign myself to the min for the next 10 seasons where I'll almost certainly earn enough to be max tier by the end, I'll have successfully circumvented the cap

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

@Grapehead I don’t want to reply to that long post on mobile, I just meant instead of paying a player 5 mil you can get a bargain deal for 3 mil for a long period of time, making it another HTD. What I would like to see though is an increase of the cap. People are getting paid too little

08-05-2019, 07:14 PMluketd Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:01 PMBoomcheck Wrote: Raise the salary cap. Teams need to stop being afraid of paying players. Apparently most first rounders project to hit 1K TPE anyways so there probably ain't any

Define most first rounders

Ya I keep seeing @Boomcheck make this claim and i have yet to see any tangible evidence for it.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-05-2019, 07:25 PMTomen Wrote: No Grape people would essentially sign the same contract I did just with 2m instead of 1m
ELC can be 2 seasons

Tier 4 min is still $3m tho not $2m, and even if they sign a 2 season ELC they'd be an RFA at the end and could only sign for 3 more max at that point.

08-05-2019, 07:26 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:14 PMluketd Wrote: Define most first rounders

Ya I keep seeing @Boomcheck make this claim and i have yet to see any tangible evidence for it.

From S20-S39 an average of 12.2 people got to 1k TPE per draft class. Almost enough for a full first round and yeah I know that includes the other rounds as well but you get what I wanted to say hopefully

Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12

08-05-2019, 07:28 PMGrapehead Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:25 PMTomen Wrote: No Grape people would essentially sign the same contract I did just with 2m instead of 1m
ELC can be 2 seasons

Tier 4 min is still $3m tho not $2m, and even if they sign a 2 season ELC they'd be an RFA at the end and could only sign for 3 more max at that point.

You forget people could just chill at 699 TPE until the next contract is processed.

08-05-2019, 07:29 PMTomen Wrote:
08-05-2019, 07:26 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Ya I keep seeing @Boomcheck make this claim and i have yet to see any tangible evidence for it.

From S20-S39 an average of 12.2 people got to 1k TPE per draft class. Almost enough for a full first round and yeah I know that includes the other rounds as well but you get what I wanted to say hopefully

I know you keeps some history as well. Would you happen to have a running list of players highest TPE?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

08-05-2019, 07:25 PMml002 Wrote:

Ding ding unless we change our contracts to a dynamic model where as a player crosses TPE tiers their contract increases, then this will be used to circumvent the cap. If I recreate, and then sign myself to the min until I'm out of my RFA years and then sign myself to the min for the next 10 seasons where I'll almost certainly earn enough to be max tier by the end, I'll have successfully circumvented the cap

You'd still have to be paid $3m for those 10 seasons, and under the current rule you could do a 10 season contract for $4m minimum. The idea is to free up cap space to spend on players who want more $, and I'm not seeing it as circumventing the cap if we're changing the cap rules.