Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)

GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

No way is this considered a win for Minny unless they win it all. Individual performance means nothing, especially for someone who is the coach of the team. Also right no Minny is sitting outside a playoff spot and only 6 points up on last place in the conference. If they can turn it around and win it all then it could be considered a short term win but in the long run those loss of picks are going to greatly hurt the team.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Quote:Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

For

New England and Johannes Leitner are playing at the top of their game right now. With 17 more games to go they dont look like slowing down anytime soon. I think Leitner will break the record.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

Sorry AW, but there aint no way that you'll be able to hold that save percentage for another 17 games. While it is a very impressive number, thats just going to be a very tough one to hold down.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

At the start of this season I ran 3 800 game sims for every team as part of sths research, and here are averaged results

EDM .625
NOLA .625
TBB .612
BUF .596
TEX .592
CGY .572
NEW .570
WKP .569
SFP .565
MAN .555
CHI .549
WPG .541
MIN .516
TOR .491
HAM .469
LAP .464

Trades have been made and lines changed since then but we can use this as a rough guideline of what to expect from each team.

Code:
Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

Against. Leitner is having an incredible season but I don't think he can maintain sv% above .930 for ~15 more games.

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Against, I think that belongs to Edmonton. Blizzard have 10 players over 1k tpe and they should be one of the best teams in the league, yet right now they're 15-17-1.

Code:
The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

Against. Both are good teams but they're overperforming, and NOLA vs BUF matchup is just as likely.

Code:
Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

Against. Toronto is bad just as expected. I think the biggest overachiever so far is LA who shouldn't be anywhere near a playoff spot.

------------------------------

For SMJHL, let's take a look at # of players over 300 tpe

DET 15
ANC 12
HFX 12
VAN 10
KEL 9
ANH 7
COL 7
LET 7
STL 7
MTL 5

It looks like half the league is rebuilding after the latest reddit draft

Code:
After a horrendous start, the surging Anchorage Armada will finish in the top 6 of the SMJHL standings

For. Even though Anchorage is a team riddled with bad builds, they're still one of the best teams on paper and should finish in the top 6 fairly easily.

Code:
A St. Louis Scarecrow will lead the SMJHL in points at the end of the season

For. Kandinsky, Muller and Blackwood are great players and STL GMs seem to know how to get the most out of their top line.

Code:
Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna

Give the cup to Detroit because I've never seen an SMJHL roster that was this stacked. Not only they have 15 players over 300 tpe, one active player at 290 tpe and a high tpe rookie, most of them have good builds as well.

When I was setting lines for Vancouver last season we had a great roster but even with our best lines I couldn't get a win % over .700 in 900 games.
I ran some test sims out of curiosity and with Detroit's roster I got a .732 win% over 900 games which is absolutely insane.

[Image: qqGUdax.png]

Skao Anazibf (327), Noah Andros (290) and Izem Abioye (312) will likely be capped by the playoffs, and if I'm not mistaken Detroit can still sign one more IFA.
All in all, I think there is a 95% chance skrees will win the 4 star cup this season.

------------------------------

Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9833693]

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Code:
After a horrendous start, the surging Anchorage Armada will finish in the top 6 of the SMJHL standings

Oh yeah, buddy. You better believe it. You think you are ready for the Armada? We are a cannon ball of destruction aimed right at your hull, pal. We got the best offensive defenseman in the league with Gabriel Johnson and the f-ing Sheriff Darnell "Punch first ask questions later" Johnson. You think you're ready for that? Well here comes Raphael "I should have been captain but Gabe is a no-lifer" D'Alcott to get you with those sneaky goals. Good luck, chumps.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

Against. CC2 just hasn't had the level of production one would expect from a top-level two-way forward in the SHL, and, like last season, his offensive and defensive numbers pale in comparison to those of the top TWFs in the league, like Mikhail Lokitonov and Mike Izzy.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 02:14 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Code:
Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards.

Maybe:
With a very skilled Dragons lineup around him the Augment enjoys a season where opposing teams simply cant game plan around him.. and what were seeing through 30 games is Mike Izzy's offensive game has another level or 2 with in it...  What Calgary has asked requires less brute force and more play making... so old balls Izzy finds open spots on the ice and shoots. so far so good.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For: As of right now, you have to believe the Jesster race is between the two teammates. The season is a long one and there is a lot that can change, however as it stands right now, I have to go ahead and agree with this statement. I would also care to say that if I was choosing, I'd give it to Gunnar Soderberg.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

08-23-2019, 12:33 PMej27 Wrote: Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Yeah, I'll agree with this. I don't even want to look at the sim, to be completely honest.  And it's made even worse by the fact that my individual performance is a fucking tragedy. My player sucks. It's depressing.  I'm depressed .

This exactly. I don't understand how a team with the best defense in the league and a top 5 goalie is giving up the most goals, and personally I am playing like a rookie and am on pace to have the worst season ever. 1200 TPE and I won't even get 20 points, and have the worst +/- in the league. It's so demoralizing.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For:
Gunnar Soderberg (umlauts notwithstanding) has been producing at an impressive rate and has 23 points through 35 games while playing just 3rd line minutes (no power play or penalty kill to boost those numbers) and with a +7 rating, Gunnar is playing responsibly and well. Cloutier has been pulling the weight just as well (1 point shy), before a 3 point drop where we see Luffy's 19 point performance. Based on the matchups, ice times, and balance of offense and defense, i believe that a Tampa rookie (Jess) will win the Jesster.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

Code:
Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

FOR: Leitner is coming over to fuck your girl x4. New England, Wolf Daddy, beast in the streets and in the sheets he's coming over to steal your wins, steal our games, and steal the single-season SV% record.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

08-23-2019, 02:09 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

Against. CC2 just hasn't had the level of production one would expect from a top-level two-way forward in the SHL, and, like last season, his offensive and defensive numbers pale in comparison to those of the top TWFs in the league, like Mikhail Lokitonov and Mike Izzy.

d a r n o m

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Code:
Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

Against: This is about where most people would have had us. High end talent like Lokitonov and an actual goalie in Carpet can drag teams up. Plus everyone keeps giving us their fucking backup games :reeeeee:

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Code:
Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards

For! Izzy is leading the league in goals by a lot, and these are not just empty goals - he's carrying his team to the #1 spot in the conference. It's long been document how Izzy contributes all over the ice, including at the faceoff circle, end to end, and now with the finishing touch. MVP!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

A St. Louis Scarecrow will lead the SMJHL in points at the end of the season.

For - with Nicolas Muller, Mike Kandinsky and Barrett Blackwood all playing on the Crows top line and all sitting near the top of the points leader, I have no doubt one of these Crows will rise to the top! These three players are hungry to start a winning streak before the playoffs start and they will all rise to the occasion and lead the Crows into and through the playoffs. Go Crows Go!!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada