Simulation Hockey League
S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S62 PT#5: Champion??? (/showthread.php?tid=120629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - gaby - 12-11-2021

My team the San Francisco Pride is matching up against the Los Angeles Panthers in the first round. On paper we're better than them at every position so of course that means it's gonna be an easy series. So after we win in four, the next team in our path is the Calgary Dragons. Things should get a bit harder but not so much, I'll be nice and expect them to get a home win. So after slaying the Dragons in 5, here comes a real challenge: the Chicago Syndicate. They have only lost 10 games in the regular season and just advance to the western conference finals in 8 games. Everyone believes they will destroy us. But what the rest of the league doesn't know is our coaching staff has find a way in FHM to easily beat them. It only took 3 months of non stop sims testing but it paid of as we beat them in 4 allowing 0 goals. Now you might think that run was all for nothing as we're about to face Hamilton that has the same budget as the NASA to run test sims. But Toast found a way to hack their system and now we know exactly what their tactics are. San Francisco won the Challenge Cup in only 17 games but owners immediately intervene and disband the team and gives the cup to Hamilton. END

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Rangerjase - 12-11-2021

Zoltans path to the Challenge cup list in the hands of the Tampa Bay Barracuda chompin loud behind him. A tough series back and forth with Philadelphia nets Zoltan a fair five points in the six games it took for Tampa to advance to the semi final round. Facing off against Baltimore isn't easy but we have the veteran squad. I see this series going to a whole seven games with Tampa running away with the final game in enemy territory. Next up is the one and only Hamilton. My good friend A. @Jobin and I squaring off against each other. This is the moment I've been dreaming of since I stepped onto the ice at my first practice in Detroit. I introduced myself. Hi I'm Zoltan. Hi I'm A. was the reply I received. The proverbial fish vs bird. Another tough series that we barely scrape out of. The cup is in our sight. Staring back at me is Burlok Sulfurgold, Edward Williams and Joseph Fantobens. More Detroit Alumni. "well its you or me, and its my time now". Tampa in 7. LFG CUDAPOG.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - NorwegianDemon - 12-11-2021

Prompt 1: We were shocked when we found out the result of the other semi-final, especially with how convincingly they won their game against what was by far the best team coming into this tournament. For the final game, we decided to stay with the game plan we had stated to make before we know who our opponents would be, since this game really looked like a fluke compared to the other games the Superstars played during this tournament and it definitely looked like the Hall-of-Famers played a terrible game. We quickly find that it was not the case and that the Superstars had taken a massive step up for the elimination round and they had improved massively. They had changed the way they close the play in the neutral zone, and we were not able to get a shot on goal for the first ten minutes of the game. They punish for it by getting three goals during that time and the game was practically over after the first ten minutes. They ended up betting us six to one with a dominating performance.

184 words

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Ace - 12-12-2021

Wow, it’s an alternative reality! Instead of the basement, with the top odds for the SHL Draft Lottery, the Winnipeg Aurora are in the playoffs! Not just in the postseason, but we’re in the 2nd round! The Aurora are up against the Edmonton Blizzard, and they’re up 2-0 in the series. This is taking far more creativity than I’d imagine with the rosters in the place that they currently are at, and we’re still so far off from truly contending in the SHL postseason.
The Aurora are fighting an uphill battle, even though they’re up in the series 2-0. The Blizz have a deeper forward core, their defense is stronger, and their goaltender is more active. The Blizz will go on to win the next three, Winnipeg wins the 6th game, and then we will see a tumultuous, decisive game 7. The Aurora will get it done in OT, after being thoroughly outplayed. But hey, a win is a win! Off to the West Finals!

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Drokeep - 12-12-2021

The dream cup run would have us beat all of our immediate rivals. In the first round we would play our eternal rivals, the Anaheim Outlaws. This matchup ideally would be a sweep. We do not show mercy to such a big rival, so we would ideally annihilate them. Then in the quater finals, a 6 game series win against ANC, since we have 1 series win and loss in the last 2. Then in the semi final comes a big matchup against the Vancouver Whalers, who beat us in 5 last year. All of our games are close, so a victory there would prove amazingly for my emotions. Finally, we come to the four star cup finals. This matchup would be against Newfoundland, who have doninated us throughout all my career in the Js. In here the only thing that would satisfy me is a sweep, just to get rid of all the bad mojo and sour moments we have lived in games against them.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Your Mothers Favorite Goalie - 12-12-2021

PROMPT 2

So as a member of Hamilton, we are just coming off another cup championship and I feel pretty damn good about it all. Nice to get back to the top after so freaking long, I dont think I've won a championship since I was in the GOMHL, so its nice to get back to the top.

What would be an ideal path to the cup? I mean I'm pretty happy with any bracket whatsoever if it ends in us winning the cup. But I guess if I had to choose, I would say that the ideal bracket would be us beating Buffalo because idk, theyre just annoying. Then beating Philadelphia because Philadelphia is a shitty city. Then I would want to beat Baltimore Platoon in 7 games, just because it would be nice to see them succeed and have a good series against my former team that I still have a lot of love for <3. In the end, I would want to face Chicago Syndicate and sweep em in 4 games. Why? Cause fuck em, thats why!

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - notorioustig - 12-12-2021

Team Young Guns couldn't believe they made it to this point, but knew they had a massive challenge ahead of them. The Superstars had beaten the pants off of them to this point in the tournament, with no games finishing within less than a 3 goal spread. They are quite literally the very best players in the game, and carry with them the level of confidence that superstardom brings. At puck drop, the professionalism and confidence took hold of the game immediately, putting the Young Guns on their heels as the Superstars took a 2-0 lead after 1. At this point, however, the younger players regrouped and managed to score a goal off a friendly bounce as Kermit Murphy fired one in off a shinpad in front. The Superstars attempted to respond, but the Young Guns goaltending held strong. A tied game heading into the third remained until late, when Murphy caught a bounce coming out of the penalty box and scored the winning goal on a breakaway with just 2 minutes remaining. The Young Guns showed that hockey is never played on paper, and that chaos is always a possibility.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - mcpumpkin - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

The tree does not matter, we will crush everyone in our path. We just beat Kelowna, supposedly a bunch of knights or something. Who brings armor and swords to a nautical fight? Big tactical failure over there. Vancouver might be next I don't know? Doesn't matter, get harpooned idiots. We dont even need harpoons we're a fricken kraken. If it's not them then hopefully Maine doesn't make it through to us with their awful goal song. F tier SMJHL goal song for sure, confirmed by the best boys, the Hot Boys. 

After that then maybe we face some other goofs like Anchorage in the finals. Figures a team as arrogant and blind as the Armada to bring a bunch of boats out into a Kraken filled ocean. Once again, tactical failure. 

Carolina Kraken's fearless leader and supreme Captain Roderic Banes will win MVP. He lead us in our squeaky clean sweeping of the little squires with 6 points in 4 games, while racking up 15 hits and 10 blocks. Category monster and a must have in bangers leagues.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - visceralpotamus - 12-12-2021

ISFL affiliate

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Vikian - 12-12-2021

For me the best way to win a championship would be to beat all the best teams. It would be awesome to beat teams like the Chicago Syndicate, Texas Renegades, Buffalo Stampede, and Hamilton Steelhawks. It would even be more convincing if our team swept all these teams, in a dominant fashion. Wait, why stop there? We sweep with only shutouts. MVP would obviously be Cale Edmunsen as have all the shutouts, and goes completely perfect in the most wild playoffs anyone has ever seen. Fans are just yelling “Cale! Cale!” and dressing up as a Kale Lettuce. That's the best way to win a baby. When we win, we all rush out and just bombard Cale and begin to lift him up in all the gear. “Man he is heavy” couple teammates say, as beer and popcorn is showering them. This would be the most dominant playoff run ever in SHL history.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Sopath - 12-12-2021

Gearing up to play the super stars is it is tough to play the best of the best across the game. For Bas O'Bigbers in particular it is odd to play a team that features both Ryuuji Minamino and Steve Harrington. Both players were instrumental to Bas' development in Newfoundland. Both of those players had just finished playing their careers in the SMJHL but helped Bas to prep for his J career and ultimately SHL career. So it was a lot to weigh when we were going into this game. Then we began the game. Jonthan Granstrom faced off against Aaron Wilson all night and I was surprised at the effort that Granstrom gave on defense. However Aaron Wilson's puck handling was a little much and as such he deked Granstrom in the zone repeatedly. I tried to get back to cover but that left space open and Ryuuji Minamino was open in the slot, which he buried. Ultimately the super stars won and there was nothing we could do. Losing in the championship to the super stars is not so bad. It's what you expect.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - monochroma - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

I'm gonna do this for Kelowna since Montreal is still very much in tank mode so we didn't even get close to a playoff spot - our first round matchup is St. Louis. Sounds like an easy 4-0 sweep to me, those guys are total pushovers. I mean, 13th place? What are you even doing in the playoffs? Get outta here. Next up, in round 2 - Carolina. No doubt a tough opponent, but a team that we finished the regular season only 2 points behind. This series would be a much tighter one, but we'd definitely still come out on top. I'm saying 4-2. Round 3, we face off against Newfoundland. A titan of the SMJHL, a team that has been at the top of the league for, like, the past 7 seasons? Anyway, we sweep them 4-0 because lmao. In the finals, we face off against Vancouver. We throw the first 3 games for added comedic value, and then one by one, we start racking up wins. It's 1-3. It's 2-3. It's 3-3. Game 7, in Vancouver... We kick their asses 7-0 in front of their home crowd, the reverse sweep is complete, the Knights are challenge cup champions, (insert Vancouver riot joke here).

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Kylrad - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

For Chicago after a great regular season its pretty easy/likely to see a potential playoff path where they win the cup, although I believe Hamilton are still the favorites. A Chicago cup playoff path would likely see them beating Edmonton in the first round, then their usual divisional rival playoff matchup with Texas, if they got through that one would imagine they'd be heavily favourited against whoever made it out of the pacific, Los Angeles or Seattle at that point. After that they would likely be vsing Hamilton in a tough rematch from many seasons ago, but all of Baltimore, Buffalo and Tampa Bay are talented teams too that could be seen in the finals for Chicago. An Edmonton, Texas, Los Angeles, Hamilton path seems most likely now for Chicago.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - brickwall35 - 12-12-2021

We couldn't believe our eyes as we watched the TVs in the locker room. The Hall of Famers, who had been untouchable all tournament, had finally been beaten. It took overtime and a lucky bounce off a ref, but the Superstars had won. The energy in the room was electric. We knew it would be tough, but we can hang with the Superstars...

Cut to the 3rd period of the Championship final. We are down 2-1, and it's taken every bit of will power we've had to keep it that close. The Superstars are just too strong. They're winning every faceoff, every puck battle, finishing every hit. There's just nothing we can do...but wait, why was the play blown dead? All the Superstars have keeled over and are suddenly breathing hard. They look like they're in anguish. It's like they've suddenly...regressed. No one knows what's going on, but we can't pass up the opportunity. Even in this condition, the Superstars are elite, but we find the back of the net once to tie it...AND TWICE TO WIN IT ALL! The up-and-comers have proven to be the Kings and Queens of the SHL!

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Durden - 12-12-2021

In order to win, you play the worst teams. Duh.

In order to win the cup, we're going to first play against the Detroit Falcons. They only managed to win 5 games their entire season, so it makes sense that they would be the easiest team to knock off in the second round. Because of course, making your way to the championship is easiest when you get a first-round bye.

So, here we are in round two, and the teams are going to get a bit better.The next team we'd play is the St. Louis Scarecrows. Somehow they won in an upset, and we get to reap those rewards. They fall to us in 4 games, because of course, we're going to sweep every team. Don't you worry about that.

Then comes our rivals in the Regina Elk. The teams that fought during the expansion are now fighting off against each other to get to the finals of the playoffs. In juggernaut fashion, we destroy them and go on to the championship round.

The final round is surprisingly against the "best" team in the SMJHL in the Vancouver Whalers. But again we sweep them 4-0. Each game we score double digits and hold them to no points for anyone on the team.

Frederico Von Schnicktenberg is the MVP after scoring 30 goals in the playoffs, and getting 39 assists. Of course he'd have 69 points. Nice.