Simulation Hockey League
S69 PT #0: City Planner - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S69 PT #0: City Planner (/showthread.php?tid=128831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Loosh - 01-22-2023

Written Creative:

If I could design the neighborhood surrounding the stadium and it's infrastructure, then I have a good idea of what I'd like to do. For starters, the area immediately surrounding the stadium would be pedestrian streets, i.e. no cars will be allowed. The exception to this rule, of course, is disabled people which is its' own issue. I would develop using mixed-use zoning immediately around the area, with restaurants and apartments/condos mixed around the area. For infrastructure, I would make sure that there is sufficient public transit - I would have a very heavy emphasis on clean, regular, reliable trains that lead to the stadium (which ideally would be part of a complex like in Philadelphia irl.) Additionally, I would run buses to all other places people come from - I would disincentivize driving as much as possible so that public transit would be properly utilized & so that people could enjoy a greater gameday experience. This would enable the fans to get absolutely blasted and to get home safely! No need for DDs!

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Katth - 01-22-2023

The Montreal Patriotes Arena is already a thing of beauty, but with the budget I got from the city I’ve been given the task to make it even prettier by developing the area around it. First we’ll be building a huge underground parking garage for all fans to be able to park. This also makes sure that traffic around the arena is not an issue. Above the garage it will be a huge park with small ponds surrounding the arena. In the park you’ll find several and diverse restaurants for fans to eat and drink before, during and after the game. These restaurants will be mostly on the edges of the park, so the stroll to the arena is a relaxing and pretty one. With great lighting the park will always have a beautiful atmosphere and gets the fans hyped for the game. After all these developments the money that’s left over will be used to help the local homeless shelters.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - brickwall35 - 01-22-2023

PLAYER PROMPT

Brick still has his summer house in Great Falls, but, in order to not have to constantly go back and forth over the boarder during the season, Wall maintains a second home on the outskirts of Montreal. It's definitely harder to maintain the quiet life in bustling Montreal compared to Great Falls, but luckily northern Montreal offers enough of a getaway for Brick to escape all the hubbub. Brick's wife travels with him, and enjoys the city life of Montreal compared to the quiet life of Great Falls. Brick prefers to keep things quiet, electing to steer clear of the major metropolitan areas, instead choosing the more rural life, although you definitely won't catch him farming. Wall doesn't like all the loudness and movement and crowds that big cities bring, so he sticks to less populated areas. It was a big adjustment going from Montana to Quebec, but Brick has been able to make the move work for him.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Punk42AE - 01-22-2023

PBE Affiliation

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - natedoeshockey - 01-22-2023

Patya wanting for much things for having funs around arena! Patya thinking amusement park would be many goods! Patya love for ride rides with Kristen Landry, and is having so much good times! Patya also wishing for more high fashion places, but not for gentrify. Patya just much fashionable hockey player and wanting for always look his best! Patya also want things for homeowning, but we am having some of these. Patya like for work in garden when have time, is part of growing older I guessing. Patya also wishing for more fine dining option because Patya like for eating fancy foods! Patya think large park would also be much great idea! Is giving Patya and other peoples place for take nice jogs and think about lifes. Patya would also love arcade! Patya am not having been for arcade in a while, but Patya love for play the fighting games! Patya let you know little known fact: Patya once competitive fighting game player! Was much good! Patya would also like upscale bar. Patya been to places that is bars with dress codes, is much nice and fancy, and Patya want to have one of these here too.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - JustAnotherHockeyFan - 01-22-2023

Bohdan definitely prefers to live outside of town. Currently, while playing in Detroit he lives out on a farm. You can often find him out in the barn on a little ice rink he made. Working on his stick handling, and passing back and forth off the boards he made. The peace and quiet reminds him of back home. He isn't used to the busy, and hectic lifestyle of big city living. On nights where they have back to backs, sometimes he will stay at the rink. Make himself a make shift bed and just sleep there. Gives him time to wind down on the bike after the game, and skate a few laps with no gear. Sometimes it is just nice to feel the wind through the flow with no agenda. When he switches to Tampa next season, he is hoping he can find a quiet place to live. Though preparing for the transition into a big lifestyle change.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Randominoe - 01-22-2023

Dating back to before Petr declared for the SMJHL Entry Draft over one season ago, he was living in the beautiful city of Plzeň in his home country Czechia. Once drafted by the Kelowna Knights, Vrána purchased a home in the city that he had seen featured on the hit show love it or list it Vancouver, which really showcases homes much closer to the Okanagan. Petr plans on owning and living in this home until he is called up to the Winnipeg Aurora when he will hang on to the property and rent it out for a source of passive income on top of his player salary and other assorted league employment. As it stands, Vrána enjoys living on his own and will continue doing so throughout his junior career, and ultimately look for a life partner once he reaches the peak of his hockey career which will hopefully be in the lovely city of Winnipeg or surrounding areas.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - marco999 - 01-22-2023

CREATIVE PROMPT

I'd put my dream arena downtown, it really helps with the atmosphere on gameday, everything is close to the arena, the fans are walking in the streets, people are going to restaurants nearby, the ambiance is just crazy, compared to an arena in the middle of nowhere, it's not even up for debate what is better. Close to the arena, i'd put the finest bars and restaurants you can have, plus a local brewery so visiting fans can taste the local beers before going to the game. Apart from that, i'd build a giant underground parking lot so people wouldn't have to worry about that, but anyway, everything would be close to public transit. For entertainment, I'd have a museum dedicated to the team's history next to the fan store where you could buy nice memorabilia. I'd also build a giant arcade so younger and older fans can play their favorite game before going to the game, creating a nice experience for everyone involved.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Vaxlare - 01-22-2023

The Buffalo Stampede stadium is known for its attractions around the arena. Even while hockey isn’t going on people are still hanging out in the general area and enjoying themselves. Similar to Amalie Arena in Tampa, the local area downtown is full of shops, amenities and some of the best eats in Buffalo. The Buffalo Zoo is just outside the arena and is where the Stampedes’ live mascots stay during the day. On the off-season days the zoo is a popular stop especially during the summer and brings in money during the off-season. As far as food is concerned there is everything imaginable outside the arena. From Buffalo style pizza all the way to Indian cuisine. Everything you could imagine can be found. For other amenities besides the zoo, there is a rock climbing gym, a go-kart track and even a lazer tag arena. People come from all over outside hockey season to spend time in the local area.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Rotti - 01-22-2023

Wow, this is so cool. I can take Hamilton ontario and make it super cool. I will be doing some good improvements. What will these improvements be to our city? Well I will tell you right now. We will be putting in new restauraunts named after Hamilton players on the team. Tommy Westbrook's wild bbq store will be one of them. There he will serve the best pork and bbq eats around. Some good smelly stinky sweet pork rubbed down with the best spices. Next will be Tommi and Jolmi's yummy fish store. Tommi and Jolmi both have finnish names and are the coolest around. They will cook good fish and make good times. Next is WidePeepoHappy3's yummy bannock burger crafting station. You can make any good eats you like and have some good stuff to munch on at WPH3's. THose will drive foot traffic in the hamilton area and make some good times for all after the game.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Waters - 01-22-2023

What? They gave me a contract of 35 million dollars to make edmonton the coolest city of all time? um. In my opinion I am easily winning this and it is a scam! We are already the best, we have a mall! Well I cna still improve tihs place! yep!!!! So first I'm going to put a big statue of Ben Waters Jr in the middle of the city. Why? It will raise morale. Everyone loves him. Secondly I will install a sort of Big Ben clone called Big Justin, Time-wise. That way everyone will love Big Justin and will associate it with Edmonton because Edmonton is pog. We will also put a Stephan Gills Fish Restaurant where we will make the fish extra cold, edmonton-style. Finally, and this is the big one, we will add an Igor Petrov petrol station where we will sell a lot of gas and it will be the best gas.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Benpachi - 01-22-2023

Creative Prompt:

The newly redesigned home arena for the Montreal Patriotes is going to be a smash hit!

The arena itself will be in the center of a large Hockey District, off-limits to private vehicles, with a light rail terminal and a bus depot, along with taxi stands and safe, well-lit pickup areas located at each exit from the district. The district will be zoned primarily to bars and restaurants, with a mix of pre-game entertainment arcades. There will be plenty of space to walk around, as well as amentities for outdoor winter activities. The secondary viewing areas; large amphitheaters opened to local theatre groups during the off-season, will be equipped with propane heaters, and there will be local firepits, managed by fire-safety attendants, where guests can warm themselves, or toast a marshmallow. 

The arena itself will be a modern, sensible arena, featuring goods, snacks, and beverages from local small businesses since the arena is located in Canada, cannabis can be enjoyed on site, obviously adhering to any and all applicable designated smoking areas. Season ticket holders will have access to the  Ice Tunnel:  a glass-ceiling lounge above the Patriotes Main Tunnel to the ice surface, and are encouraged to cheer on the team from above when they take the ice.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Nike - 01-22-2023

A home arena for a professional sports team should be located amongst the hustle and bustle of the city. It should be centered around some of the best places in the city to grab pub style food or catch a game at the bar. In that case, even if the locals aren’t able to attend the game or afford tickets to get into the stadium, they are able to enjoy the camaraderie of taking the pregame and post game festivities in with those that are going to see the action live. A hockey rink should be center stage for those cities where they love to watch puck. There should be major stops on all of the local public transportation trains and buses to make ease of traveling to and from the games top notch and allow for the adult fans to enjoy a few soda pops if they would like while taking in all the action. Sports games just seem to go best with food and drink. So we should ensure that the experience in the city around the action is sprawling with options for folks to enjoy those things.

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - Jimmysmo27 - 01-22-2023

It is well known that a professional hockey team can bring great economic benefits to a city. But what is often overlooked is the need for proper urban planning to make sure that the surrounding neighborhood can take advantage of the new arena. A new arena can have a profound impact on the surrounding neighborhood. In a study of 14 NHL arenas, it was found that the presence of an arena increased the surrounding neighborhood’s income by an average of $37 million annually and created an additional 1,500 jobs. However, these benefits can only be realized if the arena is properly integrated into the surrounding neighborhood. An arena district that is properly planned will have a mix of uses, including office, residential, retail, and entertainment, that work together to create a vibrant and lively area. The success of an arena district is not only important for the neighborhood, but for the city as a whole. A successful arena district can be a catalyst for economic development and can help to revitalize a city

RE: S69 PT #0: City Planner - kast3rborous - 01-22-2023

During the hockey season, Ralph Ryan lives in a luxurious condo near the arena where his team plays. The condo is located in the heart of the city and offers easy access to the arena, as well as a variety of restaurants, bars, and shops. The condo is spacious and modern, with large windows that offer plenty of natural light and great views of the city. Ralph's living situation is characterized by its convenience and luxury, as it is close to the arena and offers all the amenities that he needs. He prefers to live in the city, where he can be close to the action, and enjoy the energy of the city. He worked closely with a real estate agent and takes into consideration factors such as proximity to the arena, safety, and amenities before making a final decision on where to live. He also took into account his teammates and tries to find a place that is central to all of them, which makes it easy for them to hang out together. Overall, Ralph is a player who values convenience and luxury, but also takes into consideration his team and teammates when choosing a place to live.