Simulation Hockey League
All-Star Voting - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: All-Star Voting (/showthread.php?tid=10038)

Pages: 1 2

- RomanesEuntDomus - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jul 1 2012, 04:29 AM

You're not really understanding are you. Popular players can make it, there is nothing wrong with that. Frickin Komisarek made the all-star game. But we limit that, to 12 players total. Then the rest are chosen based on merit by people who should know what they're doing.

Don't worry, I understand everything that's being discussed here Wink. But I'm already used to you not being able to see the points others are making, so I won't even try to argue with you.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by Jamie@Jun 30 2012, 10:35 PM

No, you said do two full lineups, one from each conference. That's not identical to the NHL.

Weirddd I definitely recall the voting being split into conferences, but I guess from there they just put together one lineup.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 30 2012, 10:37 PM

Don't worry, I understand everything that's being discussed here Wink. But I'm already used to you not being able to see the points others are making, so I won't even try to argue with you.

Well the thing is you didn't. It is entirely fine for people to make the all-star game if people like them and they are popular enough to make it. Sometimes people may not have a great player but be the most active in the league and I think they deserve to make it.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jun 30 2012, 10:36 PM
It should be top Center, 2 wingers, 2 dmen, and a goalie on each side are chosen and then a comittee chooses the remaining players.
yep this

- Spangle - 06-30-2012

Well, we can discuss voting format and then decide how much is decided by regular polls, a committee, the GM's, or whatever.

- grimreaper - 06-30-2012

OK, I agree with the picking 'starters' (though they may not necessarily start the game) for each conference. So 1 centre, 2 wingers, 2 defensemen and 1 goaltender. To complicate things, why not weight the voting for the rest of the players between the GMs and a committee? That way you expect the GMs to vote more on performance, and the players on the committee to vote more on popularity. Therefore it should balance out nicely.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

also for the selections after voting each team must have at least 2 players representing I say. So just to be safe for the inactive teams with a couple good guys make sure they get in even if no one will stick up for em.

- BasedMinkus - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Jun 30 2012, 07:43 PM
OK, I agree with the picking 'starters' (though they may not necessarily start the game) for each conference. So 1 centre, 2 wingers, 2 defensemen and 1 goaltender. To complicate things, why not weight the voting for the rest of the players between the GMs and a committee? That way you expect the GMs to vote more on performance, and the players on the committee to vote more on popularity. Therefore it should balance out nicely.

it should be a committee that also votes on performance.

- Jaymay - 06-30-2012

Just a committee, adding GMs gets way too complicated in my opinion.

Pretty sure it'd be easy to find a committee that bases it on performance.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jul 1 2012, 04:39 AM

Well the thing is you didn't. It is entirely fine for people to make the all-star game if people like them and they are popular enough to make it. Sometimes people may not have a great player but be the most active in the league and I think they deserve to make it.

Well, than we just disagree here. Of course activity should play a role, but being popular and liked isn't the same as being active and committed, those things can be completely different. And of course Inactives shouldn't be in this voting and players with very little activity should have a disadvantage as well, but in the end it should be the on-ice-performance that counts., not activity or being a nice guy.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 30 2012, 10:48 PM

Well, than we just disagree here. Of course activity should play a role, but being popular and liked isn't the same as being active and committed, those things can be completely different. And of course Inactives shouldn't be in this voting and players with very little activity should have a disadvantage as well, but in the end it should be the on-ice-performance that counts., not activity or being a nice guy.

I just feel like Maxy should have made the allstar game in his seasons (and he did I think), but going by stats he was one of the worst dmen in the league. That's what I'm talking about.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jul 1 2012, 04:50 AM

I just feel like Maxy should have made the allstar game in his seasons (and he did I think), but going by stats he was one of the worst dmen in the league. That's what I'm talking about.

I don't really know his stats from back then so I can't really judge that case. But let's take an example from this season, right now Mortellaro and Khan aren't in the ASG or are at least very close to not making it, while Chris McZehrl is almost safe. I'm not the biggest fan of Mortellaro and Khan but I like McZehrl, and still I think this is very wrong because on-ice-performances don't seem to matter here at all.
Or if I look back at last season, Thomas and I both made it and even though we were both very active, I think neither of us should've been in the ASG, based on the stats we had that season. And we probably didn't even get in because we were so popular with the league, but just because we had active teams and some luck in the voting process.

- Daco - 06-30-2012

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 30 2012, 10:56 PM

I don't really know his stats from back then so I can't really judge that case. But let's take an example from this season, right now Mortellaro and Khan aren't in the ASG or are at least very close to not making it, while Chris McZehrl is almost safe. I'm not the biggest fan of Mortellaro and Khan but I like McZehrl, and still I think it is very wrong because on-ice-performances don't really seem to matter.
Or if I look back at last season, Thomas and I both made it and even though we were both very active, I think neither of us should've been in the ASG, based on our stats we had this season. And we probably didn't even get in because we were so popular with the league, but just because we had active teams and some luck in the voting process.

With the system proposed though Khan and Giova would easily make it, after the initial 12. Since it only takes the top center in the west for example, a guy who only has his own team going for him wouldn't make it over someone who has people from other teams voting for him too. I'm sure you and Thomas weren't the top vote-getters right, so whoever was would make it but guys like you wouldn't. So I think it works out?