Create Account

Poll: Pick.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Option 1
0%
0 0%
Option 2
0%
0 0%
Option 3
0%
0 0%
Option 4
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

All-Star Voting

1. Initial round of voting via poll. Half of the spots in the All Star game are filled with the top vote getters ie 2/4 centers, 3/6 defensemen, 4/8 wingers. All players who received at least 1 vote placed in to a secondary round of voting. Highest vote getters fill our the remainder of the All Star positions. (This is pretty much the current system).

2. Initial round of voting via poll. Half of the spots in the All Star game are filled with the top vote getters ie 2/4 centers, 3/6 defensemen, 4/8 wingers. Remaining All Star positions voted on by GMs. GMs may not vote for their own players.

3. Exactly the same as number 2, only that the remaining All Star positions are voted on by an All Star Committee instead of GMs.

4. All Star Voting done via PM. Each member sends their votes for all positions to the All Star account. Each voter gets to pick the following number of players per position per conference:

Center - 3
Winger - 4
Defensemen - 4
Goaltender - 2

Top vote getters make the All Star game. Any ties are posted on the forum as single vote polls.

Grim summed up all the choices pretty well, so I'll just take his post to lay out the choices.

Basically, how do you want all-star voting to be done in the league?

uhhhh revise your post. 8 centers make it, 12 dmen, 16 wingers.

I would vote for 2 centers making it option, as in the starters. Why don't you have starters being voted for as an option.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Initial voting would be for starters only. So one player at each position, like the NHL does it.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 30 2012, 11:07 PM
uhhhh revise your post. 8 centers make it, 12 dmen, 16 wingers.

I would vote for 2 centers making it option, as in the starters. Why don't you have starters being voted for as an option.

I just went with what Grim posted since I liked his summary of each.

Quote:Originally posted by Sponges@Jun 30 2012, 10:09 PM

I just went with what Grim posted since I liked his summary of each.

Well it's awfully incorrect and unclear on multiple fronts, you should change it.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 30 2012, 11:10 PM

Well it's awfully incorrect and unclear on multiple fronts, you should change it.

How exactly would you like it changed?

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jul 1 2012, 03:10 AM

The number isn't how many make it, it's how many votes each member gets. So if I was voting for Western Conference Centres, I'd get to choose 3 different players. Then the top 4 vote getters in that category would make the All Star Game.

I just said how I would like it changed though. Top vote getters for each position, east and west, get voted in. The rest are chosen by GMs. 2 centers, 4 wingers, 4 d, 2 goalies, so that's the 6 for each team.

Literally identical to NHL

The problem with options 1-3 is, that it would still be the most popular guys or players from the most active teams who get in first and will be the starters.

Since option 1 is pretty much the same as what we have now, I discarded that one.

Options 2 and 3 are pretty similar, I'd be okay with both, also they both have the problem I mentioned before.

Therefore, my favorite would be Option 4 and if it isn't too much work, we should add that players couldn't vote for guys from their own team as well Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 30 2012, 10:27 PM
The problem with options 1-3 is, that it would still be the most popular guys or players from the most active teams who get in first and will be the starters.

Since option 1 is pretty much the same as what we have now, I discarded that one.

Options 2 and 3 are pretty similar, I'd be okay with both, also they both have the problem I mentioned before.

Therefore, my favorite would be  Option 4 and if it isn't too much work, we should add that players couldn't vote for guys from their own team as well Smile

You're not really understanding are you. Popular players can make it, there is nothing wrong with that. Frickin Komisarek made the all-star game. But we limit that, to 12 players total. Then the rest are chosen based on merit by people who should know what they're doing.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 30 2012, 11:25 PM
Literally identical to NHL
NHL does it votes to have one full line by fans.

1 C
1 RW
1 LW
2 D
1 G

Then the rest would be done by All-Star Committee

7 C
7 RW
7 LW
10 D
3 G (? Not sure how many they do here)

So that would give us enough for two full lineups, then the draft happens.

Quote:Originally posted by Jamie@Jun 30 2012, 10:31 PM

NHL does it votes to have one full line by fans.

1 C
1 RW
1 LW
2 D
1 G

Then the rest would be done by All-Star Committee

7 C
7 RW
7 LW
10 D
3 G (? Not sure how many they do here)

So that would give us enough for two full lineups, then the draft happens.

Yes I know how the NHL does it, that's why I said what I proposed is literally identical to the NHL. Did I miss something here or you just repeated my idea in a more laid out manner.

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Jun 30 2012, 11:33 PM

Yes I know how the NHL does it, that's why I said what I proposed is literally identical to the NHL. Did I miss something here or you just repeated my idea in a more laid out manner.
No, you said do two full lineups, one from each conference. That's not identical to the NHL.

It should be top Center, 2 wingers, 2 dmen, and a goalie on each side are chosen and then a comittee chooses the remaining players.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]