Simulation Hockey League
NovaRC Suspension - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Suspensions/Punishments (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=226)
+---- Thread: NovaRC Suspension (/showthread.php?tid=58503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Mac - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Caillean@Nov 19 2015, 11:21 PM

Zachary said ***** a few too many times.

Nova said he wanted to kill all Muslims among other things.

Agree, Zach should have been a single day to get the point across that while using it is not in the greatest taste the context he used it was not malicious but abusing the ability to have the times you said it outnumber your post count, when asked to not do so got the ban.

Still three day was a bit much.

- Witty - 11-19-2015

Quote:Pretty sure I heard a refugee saying about how home was better. Go back you filthy pisslam piece of shit.

I'm fucking tired of "not all muslims are like this," these sandniggers are really getting on my nerves and I feel like going to Syria and killing them myself. Jesus, fuck your religion of peace. Your imaginary friend is telling you to kill people. What a bunch of idiots.

The aforementioned post.

- gorlab - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Nov 19 2015, 08:24 PM

Gorlab, you are the single dumbest person I've ever met.

I support your right to have that opinion.

- GCool - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Witty@Nov 19 2015, 08:28 PM

The aforementioned post.

And if anyone paused/cringed/felt weird at all while reading that, then, yeah.

- stud - 11-19-2015

Good job DC!

Keep making shit decisions so i get to be DC. Cheers, mates.

- BasedMinkus - 11-19-2015

Serious comment to the DC.

So Zachary, a black man saying the N word is a close equivalent to what Nova did?

Based on this suspension that is what you are saying right?

- RomanesEuntDomus - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 20 2015, 03:37 AM

So Zachary, a black man saying the N word is a close equivalent to what Nova did?

I'd consider 5 games + 5 days to be quite a bit harsher than just a 3 day posting ban, which was basically just a warning.

- dankoa - 11-19-2015

What he said wasn't just the usual xenophobic shit it was a whole other level, and I personally don't think any kind of apology should be able to make up for it but whatever

- Maxy - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 09:37 PM

No it's not. As has been said everal times Nova made a single post, realized he made a inappropriate post, removed the post, and accepted his punishment realizing he made a mistake.

Zachary was warned about using that word around the boards, decided to ignore that warning and continued to post and was punished for that.

Zachary got 3 days, Nova got 5 days and 5 games.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 19 2015, 06:41 PM

No it's not. As has been said everal times Nova made a single post, realized he made a inappropriate post, removed the post, and accepted his punishment realizing he made a mistake.

Zachary was warned about using that word around the boards, decided to ignore that warning and continued to post and was punished for that.

Zachary got 3 days, Nova got 5 days and 5 games.

So they are basically the same severity.

A black man using a word that is HIS word is suspended for 3 days on the forum and Nova, a person who obviously has racist tendencies gets 5 days and 5 games in which he is inconsequential to his team anyways.

It is almost the same thing OC (not calling you red cuz thats weird) and you know it don't try defending this inconsistency.

- Witty - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 09:44 PM

So they are basically the same severity.

A black man using a word that is HIS word is suspended for 3 days on the forum and Nova, a person who obviously has racist tendencies gets 5 days and 5 games in which he is inconsequential to his team anyways.

It is almost the same thing OC (not calling you red cuz thats weird) and you know it don't try defending this inconsistency.
I mean he did make only one post. Hedgehog, now that I look at it;
  • didn't apologize
  • showed no remorse
  • continued posting
  • and seemed to actually think what he said was true
However, the one post he made was more than the usual xenophobic stuff you'll see. It was pretty bad.

Quote:Originally posted by Witty@Nov 19 2015, 06:48 PM

I mean he did make only one post. Hedgehog, now that I look at it;
  • </li>
  • didn't apologize

• showed no remorse

• continued posting

• and seemed to actually think what he said was true

However, the one post he made was more than the usual xenophobic stuff you'll see. It was pretty bad.

Racism is Racism is Racism.

There is not place for it period.

- easymoneysniper - 11-19-2015

Should be banned more for what he did. It is what it is. I hope he learns from it.

- Jesus The Mexican Way - 11-19-2015

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 07:49 PM

Racism is Racism is Racism.

There is not place for it period.

So your point that "Zach as a black man..." should be meaningless. But yes, racism is racism is racism. Children on the internet shouldn't be commenting on Syria because they have no idea wtf is going on.

- gorlab - 11-19-2015

Syria... More like, Serious. Amirite???