Create Account

NovaRC Suspension

Hello SHL,

For a racist post in the Paris Attacks thread, the Discipline Committee and the Head Office has decided to issue a 5 day posting ban and 5 game suspension against the user Nova RC, we understand that this is a very serious issue and the post that Nova made was unneeded and hurtful, but there are a couple factors that led to a reduced punishment,

Nova almost immediately edited his post after making it and also apologized for its content multiple times. We understand that in such a high stress scenario as the terrorist attacks in Paris that tensions are running high and people make remarks that they normally would not or later regret. We as a committee decided to be lax in that thread because emotions are hard to control in such a scenario, Nova had personal reasons for being so angry and emotional and that's understandable, the post in question was certainly over the line and was not at all acceptable, but after seeing him edit his post, on his own, we felt that what he said, while unnecessary, was made in the heat of the moment.

We understand that this may seem extremely minor in comparison to the punishment levied against Hedgehog but there are multiple things that makes those cases different. First of all Nova only made one post, not multiple ones like hedgehog. He also almost immediately relized he made a mistake and edited his post whereas hedgehog did pretty much the opposite and actually complained about his first racist post being deleted. In addition he showed some actual remorse, another thing that hedgehog didn't. And lastly, he had a personal connection to what happened in Paris that made him so upset (having a friend in Paris that he hadn't been able to reach all day). We do not accept or condone the post made by Nova, we understand that we can all say things that are over the line when we are angry and tailored a punishment accordingly.

Obviously we will keep a very close eye on Nova from now on, if he makes any other posts that go into a similar direction in the future then the punishment will be that mach harder and anything that we held back on this time will be added then.

Nova was given the right to appeal this decision, however he decided not to make use of that right.

Have a good day,

RomanesEuntDomus
Head of the Discipline Committee

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Be a racist and apologize, lax punishment
Be a racist and stick with it, perma ban

We need new people in charge here.

I take back my kudos!

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

In B4 Gorlab

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Pretty lenient imo

smh

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 19 2015, 09:13 PM
Be a racist and apologize, lax punishment
Be a racist and stick with it, perma ban

We need new people in charge here.

I take back my kudos!
Agreed. This is unbelievable.

#consistency

When is my suspension coming?

Wow. The difference in these punishments is crazy.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Figured I'd post this again;How the SHL figures out suspensions: http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com btw we need an SHL Version of this.

Weak as fuck

Til I can be racist so long as I have personal stake and feel bad after.

They did so well with hedgehog too,shame.

You thought his apologies were genuine? People do that to get out of shit.

Not going to comment on whether or not I think he had a relative in Paris, but he seems to like to make excuses.

Don't know why he didn't appeal though.

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NU0PijNCEwo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NU0PijNCEwo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

You gotta increase one or the other IMO. Two weeks off the site or sit out the season. Especially with the precedent set an hour ago.

For those wondering, I'm out of the DC now. I regret not weighing in on this, though.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Well. This is inconsistent.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]