Simulation Hockey League
S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV (/showthread.php?tid=103672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - puolivalmiste - 02-27-2020

Björn Leppänen should be finally getting back to his form he had in Finnish juniors and start playing more offensive hockey as he got used to SHL as events involving Victor Toeman are now only a memory. He should be able to find place for himself on the team and be scoring points at decent pace. That will hopefully last for several seasons into regression after which he might turn more into an agitator or enforcer as seasons pass by and his role on team changes and his role get smaller. We could expect him to have long season and maybe he will be remembered not for his contributions during his prime but for his performance later on his career for example I could see him taking that double major penalty at game seven versus Hamilton that allows them to take home their 16th cup in a row.

Also I hope that hockey gods are good for team Finland and Björn can bring at least one medal (hopefully gold) home during his career.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - hotdog - 02-27-2020

When it's all said and done, Eko van Otter will go down as one of the slipperiest players to ever play the game, especially now that we're moving to FHM. I'm gonna tailor my build towards being as slippery as possible - high speed, maxed out agility, maybe low balance, maxed out getting open - just the slipperiest man to ever hit the ice. I guess otter may some day be remembered for achievements that show up in the box score - time will tell on that one - but being a slippery ass dude is all i'm after. Some day, other SHLers will tell their grandchildren "oh yeah, eko van otter, i played against that guy - couldn't keep a hand on him, could never catch up with him. Too fast, too erratic. So slippery!" that's my legacy. I don't know if I'll make the SHL hall of fame (it's been a slow start to the career so I very much assume not) but maybe I'll make the Lube hall of fame as a prominent athlete who embodies the nature and slippery spirit of lube.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Fitted2106 - 02-27-2020

Without a doubt fitted will go down as the best number 2 center ever winning many titles as the guy behind the guy playing the support role. It will be a glrouis run which sees me fly under the radar and be that huge scoring threat on line number 2 always taking on the lesser matchups. With my top line teammate taking away the tough matchups michael fitted will flourish and decimate defenses it's going to be the most amazing career ever. After title 4 fitted will move to wing and become the greatest passer in shl history fiddler will remain at center and we will wind down our legacy's together on the same line never will be become angry with one another we are brothers. Many championships are on the horizon for mi hael fitted and history has shown us it will be done by this time ten years from now michael fitted will be in the history books as the greatest number 2 ever baby.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Trautner - 02-27-2020

Michael Scarn hopes that when it is all said and done, the people of the world will see him as not just a hockey player, nor a secret agent for the U.S. government. No, Scarn would like everyone to simply view him as a friend. Doing "The Scarn", the famous celebration that Scarn does after every goal he scores, has become a viral dance online. Everyone loves doing "The Scarn", meeting new friends, and tying yarn everywhere they go. Michael Scarn is a quick skater, and everyone knows his history as he became the first civilian to make it into the National Hockey League All Star Game, when he won the civilian speed skating competition. Michael Scarn similarly has demonstrated amazing skating ability. Now, as the league transitions to a new system, Scarn will most likely beef himself up to become a mean hitter, showing off that amazing physical body that years of making sales around the Pennsylvania area.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - lukejm37 - 02-27-2020

By the end of my career I expect to be an SHL great. Being just a sophomore in the league and still in the smjhl, I still have plenty of ground to cover until I can be considered a star. I had a very accomplished rookie season last year and I nearly eclipsed the point per game mark this year. My falcons finished #1 in the standings and we all in Detroit feel very confident we can bring home a cup this year. After only 1 year in pro hockey I have nearly accomplished goals that an player would hope to accomplish in their entire career. I may have another year or two with my buddies in Detroit but once I get called up to the blizzard my own expectations of myself will be through the roof. I need an SHL cup. That’s the sole reason I started playing hockey.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - 5ympathies - 02-28-2020

I want to be remembered as someone who had tenacity. From not being drafted in the SMJHL to being drafted in the 3rd round in the SHL, I want to be known as someone who beat the odds and performed far better than anyone could have expected. In my own mock I copied someone who had me as being selected in the low second round and I wanted it so badly to be true. I had a few mil in the bank and I answered some interested prospects thread and I thought for sure some team would select me earlier, and being passed over hurt. Now, I'm currently top 10 in my draft class for TPE and that's a big way up from being drafted 37th overall. I hope I can be remembered for my hard work and determination to prove that I am better than people thought. My career is still far from it's peak and I hope I can bring the cup home to New England.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Mook - 02-28-2020

With the move to FHM looming, there are high hopes for Kenny Creller. Like most players at lower TPE, the start will be slow, but performance will impove drastically with more training. In a couple seasons Creller will be one of the top players in the league and hopefully helping the Panthers on a cup run. S53 will be a big year for a lot of players, but Crellers name will be at the forefront of rookies. After it is all said and done, Crellers goal is to be at a PPG over his career, have 3 Challenge cups, just like the 2 Crellers before him and hopefully, finally not only get the Creller name on an All-Star team, but in the HoF as well. Tommy fell short and Casey never stood a chance, but Kenny is something different and with a big change coming with FHM, there are high hopes surrounding his career.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - JuOSu - 02-28-2020

Wow, what a career I will be able to look back on. So many goals but I accomplished most of them. First and foremost, I want to win some championships. Doesn't everyone dream of that? I mean you really need to want to do it. It's a great goal to have. I hope that I can accomplish that in the future. It would be fun to have some personal accolades as well. I really want to be a player who scores a lot of goals and that is a big goal of mine, to stand out in that category. I am guessing with the switch of the engine, it will be tough to figure out at first who will be the best players anyway. Maybe I can surprise. I would love to lead that category one day and to win a Most Valuable Player award at least once in my career. It might be a lofty goal as I am not the most active guy, but I think maybe I can accomplish it. Maybe I can even get into the hall of fame, that would be quite bizarre.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Thunfish - 02-28-2020

[Image: unknown.png]

Quote:Well... I do not even know where to start, to be quite honest. People did not expect all that much coming from me to be honest, they often ranked me as a lower rate prospect which I can understand very well but now that I am here with this little plaque, I do feel really nice, it is like I have been important, able to do things. I knew it was an uphill battle from the very start, I did not grow up with hockey as a child, I picked up the sport later in life and so I was not a natural at the game unlike most of my former teammates. But I did do my hardest to make sure that I would be able to compensate with sheer willpower and strength. Anyhow, my message to those who want to play hockey for a living is to never quit. If someone like me, who came from nowhere, was able to get in, maybe you can do it too.

Alas, I have to go now, my family needs me.

He then shot up into the sky with the wings on his armour... crashing right through the window.

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - UrsinZ - 02-28-2020

Ursin Zimmermann always wanted to be remembered as a hard working guy who cared for his teammates! And boy did he! If there was a guy on his team who had some troubles, personal or on the ice, Ursin would allways take some time for this guy even if it just was to listen someone complain he didn't get the girl in the bar at the weekend. Ursin didn't care at all!
As Ursin was raised by a mother who had mental problems her whole live, he exactly knew what it ment to someone if just somebody listened to him even if it was for the smallest thing.
And that's why the SHL decided to name a trophy after Ursin. This trophy will be awarded every season to the guy who cared most for his teammates and the hockey community. To thank the SHL for this Ursin started working for the shl after his career as an embassador for mental illness during sports!

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Grapehead - 02-28-2020

So far in his career, Charlie has had the opportunity to be a leader on every team he's played for, but he lacks any hardware or personal accolades. He's not thinking about hanging up his skates any time soon, but if he wants to be remembered as one of the great defensemen, then he'll need to spend the back half of his career leading the Pride to the promised land. At this stage, it's hard to argue that Charlie is anything less than an exceptionally well rounded defenseman, who has been honoured by award nominations at the very least, but there's little to no case for Charlie to be considered a legend. His ambitions of legendary status slowly faded ever so slightly over the years, as he become more consumed with achieving greatness with his teammates. Schieck's best seasons could very well be ahead of him, and that is great news for the San Francisco Pride.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Jiggly_333 - 02-28-2020

So, I don't know how many of you know that this is my last player in the SHL. I'm leaving sim leagues as a whole, but I still want to finish each of my players' careers. So when I talk about "legacy", it's an increasingly relevant thing for me to be thinking about. What have I done for this league to change things. With Koda Reid, I made some good posts. I did my best to tell a good story. With Rocky, I wanted to be the very best that no one ever was. After the disappointment of having never really won anything with Koda, I wanted to make a goalscoring machine that made a difference league-wide. Koda was always near the top of the list in terms of fighting and PIMs, but not many people look there. I hope that Rocky can compete with the top scorers and leave the best possible impact on whatever team she plays for, whether it be NOLA or someone else.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - FreakinAnime - 02-28-2020

I hope that my legacy will be to be remembered. To have my name known, to be known as a star. I want the letters and the number on my back to mean something. When I get called up, I want to shock everyone and take home rookie of the year. And if I have another juniors year I want to have one great year to end things well in the juniors. I would love to set an assists record and to lead the league in assists many years. I would love to be the Renegades captain one day, I want to prove myself and be chosen to be a leader. I want to win a gold medal with Sweden and turn the silver from the world juniors championship last year into a gold. I just want to win and do well, and be remembered for being very successful and being a player to look up to. I want to be every bit as legendary as the original Henrik Lundqvist, and to have my name go down in the history books for all time.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Massive Coiler - 02-28-2020

Realistically, I don't anticipate my career being a spectacular one. I hope to be an effective, reliable player for as long as I'm in the SHL, but I know I won't ever be a huge star, relied on heavily by the team to always be the best. I would love more than anything for my legacy to be one huge moment. Something like the cup winning goal or to be a member of a great team during a dynasty. I might not ever become a household name, but at least the fans of a franchise may remember me fondly, either for a play I made, or for my stable career for their team. I had a decent run in juniors for Lethbridge, but seeing as the team relocated as soon as I left, I'm not so sure how my legacy will shape up there. I managed to win some world junior gold, scoring in my last gold medal winning game. Being a good junior player hasn't transitioned into being a good SHL player so far, so I'll have to carve out my legacy some other way.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - ErM - 02-28-2020

Tor Tuck had some low expectations of his career when he came into the league. He was completely unprepared for what it took to be a professional level hockey player and was not a great skater. After a brief stint around the league he was motivated to be good teammate and just wanted to help his team get wins and do what he could to help those around him shine. In his early days he joined an Edmonton Blizzard team that was frankly, terrible. They hadn’t had much success in recent history and he joined them in the middle of a rebuild. The first several seasons the leadership was up front that they were not going to be contenders and really weren’t even making pushes to be in the playoffs. However, over time the team around Tor Tuck improved and Edmonton grew into a reputable team in the league. Tor Tuck is honestly happy he was able to play some part in that by being as good as he could be and doing what he could to attract others to town. On the way Tuck has picked up some hardware for himself but his most important legacy element will be remembering where Edmonton was when he got there and that he left them with at least two more cups in the case. As his career approaches its end, that is the most important aspect to him and what he is most proud of.