Simulation Hockey League
NovaRC Suspension - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Suspensions/Punishments (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=226)
+---- Thread: NovaRC Suspension (/showthread.php?tid=58503)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- Chewbacca - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by V5Vlats@Nov 20 2015, 11:25 PM
7 pages, really? What is there to talk about?  Rolleyes
About being racist to muslim people. And multis. But muslims is not a race. It's a religion. I think there is a smart word in english for that. Islamophobia, maybe? But it's definitely not racism. Blink

- bukss_a - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Chewbacca@Nov 21 2015, 02:39 PM

About being racist to muslim people. And multis. But muslims is not a race. It's a religion. I think there is a smart word in english for that. Islamophobia, maybe? But it's definitely not racism.  Blink
I agree, it isnt rasism. It look like discrimination. Also hedgedog didnt said anything rasistic, it was discrimination.so dont mess these two words.

- LB. - 11-21-2015

The whole western world is just pussies, deal with it.

- Gifter of Bikes - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by LatvianBastard@Nov 21 2015, 08:51 AM
The whole western world is just pussies, deal with it.

Permabanned.

- BeanSnoodie - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by bukss_a@Nov 21 2015, 08:41 AM

I agree, it isnt rasism. It look like discrimination. Also hedgedog didnt said anything rasistic, it was discrimination.so dont mess these two words.
You saw the deleted posts? Can you please share them with us?

- Ferdy - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Chewbacca@Nov 21 2015, 08:39 AM

About being racist to muslim people. And multis. But muslims is not a race. It's a religion. I think there is a smart word in english for that. Islamophobia, maybe? But it's definitely not racism.  Blink

He didn't refer to muslims, for what I can remember. He refered to Syrians as an ethnicity, basically.

- bukss_a - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Nov 21 2015, 07:25 PM

You saw the deleted posts? Can you please share them with us?
I agreed to Chewbacca, not to the suspended.

- bukss_a - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Ferdy@Nov 21 2015, 07:27 PM

He didn't refer to muslims, for what I can remember. He refered to Syrians as an ethnicity, basically.
Still, Syrians isnt rase. So it isnt rasism, it is discrimination. Rase are asiats, europian, the 3rd rase name i cant remeber, black people (no offence, dont know how to say it right). So an ethnic group isnt rase.

- Allegiant - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by bukss_a@Nov 21 2015, 01:46 PM

Still, Syrians isnt rase. So it isnt rasism, it is discrimination. Rase are asiats, europian, the 3rd rase name i cant remeber, black people (no offence, dont know how to say it right). So an ethnic group isnt rase.

Bigotry against an ethnicity, particularly from a part of the world where said ethnic groupings are important to local identity, is still pretty much racism in practice. Xenophobia might be the more appropriate term, but the function is the same.

- JayWhy - 11-21-2015

Words can be redefined to serve the purpose of the community. In this case, the majority use racism in the place of bigotry/discrimination anymore. So the word racism has grown to have a wider definition. Don't nitpick a fucking word just to be a bitch about it.

- Witty - 11-21-2015

I still get the feeling he was trying to refer to ISIS instead of an entire ethnic group as a whole. With the whole "go to syria and kill them all myself".

- bukss_a - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by Josh*@Nov 21 2015, 08:01 PM
Words can be redefined to serve the purpose of the community. In this case, the majority use racism in the place of bigotry/discrimination anymore. So the word racism has grown to have a wider definition. Don't nitpick a fucking word just to be a bitch about it.
Someone is angry, but i dont care. Popcorn :lol:

- Maxy - 11-21-2015

Quote:Originally posted by bukss_a@Nov 21 2015, 01:25 PM

Someone is angry, but i dont care. Popcorn  :lol:
I'd be more angry someone not intelligent enough to spell "race" or "asian" properly was trying to tell me what words mean.

- The_Mazais - 11-21-2015

Anyway, does anyone has extra popcorn? I just ate mine, this might turn out interesting.

- Birks - 11-21-2015

Classic Maxy. Insulting people just because of their bad English. Dont forget that English is not our main language.