Simulation Hockey League
S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV (/showthread.php?tid=103672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - raymond3000 - 03-01-2020

Andreas Kvalheim wants to go down in SHL history as the best power forward to ever lace them up. While it will be incredibly difficult to supplant SHL legends such as Taylor McDavid, Carter O'Callahan, Nathan Russell or Mike Izzy, all of whom have a claim of being the all-time best power forward, Kvalheim is certainly capable of doing so. Kvalheim has yet to hit his peak, but he is already a consistent 45 point, 200 hit player and even took home the Jeff Dar Trophy in Season 50. However, to truly stake his claim as an all-time great, Kvalheim will need to increase his offensive production and challenge for some scoring titles and MVPs. Additionally, he will need to have more team success to dispel the notion that Kvalheim is not a 'winning' player. His Renegades haven't made the playoffs since his rookie season in S47, but after a lengthy rebuild, the team is back on the rise to fight for the playoffs.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - TnlAstatine - 03-01-2020

we all know that luffy is going for the pinnacle of the pinnacle for his career. There is nothing short of hall of fame for this kid, and he'll keep playing until he is older and more relevant that jagr was during his career. He might even have to get the hair to match him at some point. Be sure that luffy will be in the shl till he is old and grey and he'll lead hte stampede in total goals assists and points and be a shoe in for the hall of fame. Anything less than a HOF career will be a huge bust and he'll live the rest of his life in huge disappointment for sure. The end of the road may be coming in terms of getting better, but i know luffy has a strong will and live on till he has to, it will happen.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - ProjectSaint - 03-01-2020

EVO:

I have no idea what my legacy will be in the whole SHL world. Maybe one day, I can be recognised as the most cluch player to play hockey as a GWG leader, but alas, to me that is a dream that I need to heavily grind for. If anything, my legacy will probably be mainly tied with the Raptors; both in the past and hopefully in the future. Right now, I have a place as being one of the core members of that S50 team. I am also still there in an advisory position. One day, I hope to return there fully as a Raptors GM, but I know that I will have to learn the ropes, and that will take ages. Luckily, I will learn that, maybe under the guise of Johnny Hamilton, or whoever else is willing to give me a go in raptor clothes. Maybe even that old ace Larry Foulke. Time will tell, tho..........time will tell.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - goldenglutes - 03-01-2020

Guy Zheng is now well on his way in his journey to eventually make it back to the playoffs. It's been an agonizing few years for Guy, and the fact that his team has fallen short of expectations for so many seasons now and made his motivation issues compound. He's been playing with old equipment for god knows how long, he's been skipping press conferences and his yearly articles, and he's even lost the motivation to talk shit to Dick Clapper. Once a bright rookie with the world at his feet, now Guy Zheng simply wishes that his legacy is to create a playoff-making culture within his teams. Is that too much to ask? Probably, but we'll see what the new sim engine brings and we'll see if our lack of FHM experience will end up biting us in the ass (probably). Zheng is still holding out hope that one day he will once again be able to play playoff hockey.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Glyc - 03-01-2020

Its going to be interesting to see how the Career of young Sabo Tage will go, the kid drafted just the season previous will be lacing up the skates next season in the big show for the first time in his career. From there, who really knows? Sabo Tage wishes to make an impact on his team for years to come, but here’s what he hopes. Sabo Tage hopes to become the best he can possibly be at the next level, hopefully to one day be a star defenseman in a tough league such as the SHL. Realistically, Sabo Tage wants to be a first pairing D man that you can depend on to put pucks on net. He hopes to break into the Platoon history books, a tall order but one that may some day be possible. Looking out at the beginning of his career, the sky is the limit for the young Canadian D man.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Leppish - 03-01-2020

Geoff Moore will probably not be remember that well outside of potentially Vancouver and Minnesota, as he was the captain of the Four star cup winning S43 team in Vancouver, and seems to be sticking around in Minny for his career. His career in Minnesota has been fairly average so far, aside from a couple of solid offensive seasons including 42 points this past season, he won't be breaking any points records for the Chiefs but his current contract would put him at 700 games played with the team, and if Moore decides to keep playing after this deal, he could climb into the top 3 all time in games played for the franchise. Could potentially reward him with a jersey retirement/Team Hall of Fame spot at least. Moore has also been a part of team USAs 2 gold medals in the last 2 tournaments and another one in the WJC back in the day which also is a nice addition to his career awards and stats.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - DollarAndADream - 03-01-2020

Coming into the career of Mikael Choybuk, the goal was always to be a goal scorer, and I think throughout his young career he has proven to be turning into a good one. I believe once my career is over and done with, there will be multiple cups with the Calgary Dragons, and a lot of high scoring seasons for me. My goal was always to become some sort of a Vlad Tarasenko, while at the same time knowing that I will never be super active enough to become some SHL legend forward with 2000 TPE. I definitely do a lot of training, but nothing crazy like the legends Esa Anrikkanen and Mike Izzy do, so I don't expect to go down in any record books. The one thing I want to be is a reliable threat on the ice, and I think Mikael Choybuk has shown in the past couple of seasons that he is starting to turn into one of the Calgary Dragons' best assets.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Segi - 03-01-2020

After relatively unsuccessful years with the Minnesota Chiefs, the then regressing Mathias Seger will be traded to chase for a cup and complete the quadruple gold club. He will have a play off run with the rebranded Toronto Evergreen. When this run ends in the conference finals, he will join the expansion team of the Montreal Muskets, just to be disappointed again. After two more seasons of moving around, he will go back to the Minnesota Chiefs to play on the bottom pairing of an underdog team. Against all odds, they will make the impossible run to bring the cup back to Minnesota. After that win, Seger will retire having won all, the Four Star Cup, WJC and IIHF gold and the Challenge Cup. He will be induced in the Halls of Fame of Anaheim, Minnesota, Switzerland and the IIHF, but for some reason not the SHL. It will appear that Seger will not have scored enough points over the years of his career to be induced into the SHL hall of fame.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Flowseidon - 03-01-2020

I've already been a part of the Pride for a number of years and I'm starting to enter into the back half of my career. In that time, I was drafted as a pass heavy forward, but moved on to my goal scoring skills to benefit the team the best I can. Over the past while, I have consistently been near the top of the team in scoring, and have helped lead our team to the playoffs a couple of years and even tied for the goal scoring lead in the league this year. While being individually successful is great, I would rather be remembered for being part of the team that brings home San Francisco's first cup. The city is hockey wild and unfortunately we've been unable to bring anything back home to them. As it stands, I'm sure that I'll have a legacy of being a goal scorer when it matters, but I'm hoping that I can add to that and get a photo of myself lifting that cup forever enshrined

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Evok - 03-01-2020

Elizabeth Doyle’s expectation of her career are simple. She wishes to not be suspended for nonsense anymore, stay healthy and win a few cups. If she can strike a few personal awards, it’s for the best, but it’s not what she aims for. She just wants to help the team that drafted her reach new height while she’s backstopping for them. She dreams of dressing in the Green and Gold of the Buffalo Stampede for as long as possible, hopefully her whole career. She also has her eyes on the coveted IIHF medals where she’ll backstop for her home country, Ireland. After that, she just wants to play a long career and stay healthy. Changing to the new rules next seasons will change all the dynamic that ever existed in the league and she only hope it will not have a negative impact on her game or on records she could possibly reach during her reign on the crease of the Stampede.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Your Mothers Favorite Goalie - 03-01-2020

Its easy to write about what i'll be known for. After all, I have finished two hockey career already. The simple answer is: I'm going to be remembered as the greatest shit disturber to ever play the game, or i'm not going to be remembered at all. For the evidence to this, I direct you to my two careers in the GOMHL and the VHL.

In the GOMHL, Many of the older members probably will remember the name Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette. I was a force to be reckoned with, and broke many records. I tied the career games played record, broke the penalty minutes record, doubled the fights won record, and even came in second in career hits just behind the legendary Kevin Traplord. In the end, I had a training regimen named after him in the league, cementing my legacy.

In the VHL? Even though I played there more recently, I was a largely unknown and uncelebrated commodity. I'm not sure anyone would remember me without some help. So which will the SHL be? I'm hoping for the latter obviously

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - drodger91 - 03-01-2020

Well for Artemi Berezin, his career is indeed very close to the end. With a few years left on his current contract, and the SHL getting faster and better every year, this seems like the last one he will sign for his long a celebrated career.

Berezin has had a great career, IIHF medals, a Challenge Cup, ranked in the Top 100 today multiple times, he has a lot to be grateful for. He is paying that back in the end of his career by hanging around a rebuilding team because he has his ring, and I think when he does hang them up for good, you will see a transition to some type of management role for him.

It doesn’t have to be a GM type role right away, every player needs to find that groove after they hang them up, and having Morenov as a agent will certainly help make his change very easy and rewarding to Artemi.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - bilbo - 03-01-2020

Hopefully, Dom will end his career with at least one Challenge Cup and a couple more medals for Team GB, but I don't expect him to get any awards moving forward. Season 52 has been his best yet, but he's got limited time left before regression hits. We will see what happens there. More importantly, I've wanted Dom to be a strong locker room presence, and he's already done that with being captain of the Raiders and right now an alternate captain for the Pride. It would be cool if he one day gets to be captain of the Pride, but there are a lot of good personalities in that room, so Dom is just happy to be a part of it all and be a leader where he can be. I like to think Dom will be remembered for being a good leader in the locker room, someone who was proud to be himself and be part of queer representation in hockey, and maybe an okay defense man, but tbh, the other things were always more important to me and Dom can deal with the loss of on-ice hockey greatness. He did his best.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Tomen - 03-01-2020

My player didn't have much in sim success so far. As for outside of the sim I hope that Alex gets remembered for breaking 2k TPE and being a top 2 earner from his draft class. Internationally I like to think Alex will be able to win a few more medals. SHL leaguewide attention is probably not something he will see but I hope to break 500 Points on Buffalo with him and being remembered as a good playoff performer. Who knows maybe he gets to win a Dar or a MVP award but I doubt that happens. A few All star teams selections would be nice but I doubt he ends up having a HoF career. Most likely only a hall of very good but not good enough is in the stars for Alexander Selich. At least Alex won't get the bust /disappointment tag that Eduard Selich got.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Grum - 03-01-2020

Nicholas Owens hasn't found much success to begin his career but to end it I hope he will be remembered for being a top tpe earner, and an all time great defenseman. I would be fine to end my career without them but at least one cup and international medal would be nice to be able to add to the trophy shelf. I want to be someone whos clutch in those situations as well, not as someone who got carried to those achievements. Maybe a few all star selections and awards to go with them, but like the cups and medals would be fine without. Above all however I want Owens to be remembered for his play on the ice, even if he never reaches the pinnacle of play or is even recognized for any of it. When it is all said and done, Owens should be remembered for being an amazing play maker on the offense and an equally as great defender on the other end.