Simulation Hockey League
S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S50 PT#2 - Phobias (/showthread.php?tid=100441)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

S50 PT#2 - Phobias - hotdog - 10-06-2019

[Image: young-man-looking-shocked-scared-260nw-497606257.jpg]

Everybody, no matter how powerful or badass, has phobias - those things which, for whatever reason and no matter how we try to think ourselves out of it, scare us beyond rationality. Some of them are abstract, like loss or failure, while others are very concrete like heights or snakes or fuckin cockroaches or some shit like that.

Written task: Tell us about your player's main phobia - what are they most afraid of in the world? Where does this fear come from? Was there a traumatic experience? Have they always been afraid of it? How does your player go about avoiding this source or handling this phobia in day-to-day life? Maybe tell us about a specific instance in which your player was forced to confront this phobia head-on - how did they fare? (150+ words)

Graphic task: Show us your player encountering their phobia in a natural scenario. A scene like Gabriel Johnson mustering up the courage to approach the maggots in his trash, or Ola Wagstrom perched atop the Empire State Building peeing his pants from acrophobia.

Additional information: 

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements. 

This PT will close MONDAY, OCTOBER 14th at 10pm ET.

Welfare claims from either PBE or the NSFL are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - ImASurvivor - 10-06-2019

Ricky Bobby fears doing things too fast, which is also known as Tachophobia, ever since an accident that resulted in the death of his best friend Cal Naughton Jr. It happened during his last career race in the nascar sprint cup when he and his teammate entered the turn number 4 of the final lap with the championship on the line. Cal was beginning to pull away towards the line, and Ricky accepted defeat but decided to give Cal a nudge from the side as he crossed the line by half a car length, forgetting that the rest of the field was right on their tails. Cal's car was hit by 8 other trailing cars and flipped on its roof before coming to a halt. It didn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Cal was dead on the scene, seeing as the car was unrecognizable. After a 13 year hiatus, where many say Ricky Bobby didn't age a day, his fresh start in hockey is the only thing he has done with any sort of speed since the accident. In every other aspect of his life, Bobby does things with care, precision and without speed. It was in the SHL draft combine that Ricky was asked to skate as fast as he could, and it was at that moment that he began fully committing to be the very best SHL player in honor of his late best friend Cal.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - karey - 10-06-2019

Viktor MRIUS HAS DEVELOPED A NEW FEAR OF gEESE. aFTER HAVNING SHARED A LOCKER ROOM WITH LUFFY AND SILVER OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS, THERE HAVE BEEN MUCH HONKING GOING ON. THE REPETITIVE HONKNG HAS CREATED A MAJOR FEAR IN THE STAR FORWARD AND HE HAS BEGUN TAKING HARD DRUGS TO SILENCE THE HONKING IN HIS BIG BRAIN. UNFORTUNATE FOR THE GUY, HONKING DOES NOT STOP NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU ASK. GEESE ARE EVERYWHERE NOW AND ALL PEOPLE SCARED BUT NONE MORE SCARED THAT MARIUS WHO HAS DEVELOPED A NEW FEAR OF GEESE. RECENTLY, MARIUS HAS BEEN WEARING ONLY HUNTING GEAR AND CARRYS A HUNTING RIFLE WITH HIM IN CASE HE SEES A GEESE. HE HAS SINCE SHOT AND KILLED 12 PEOPLE ACCIDENTALLY THINKING THEY WERE GEESE. tHE FEAR OF gEESE HAS BECOME AN ISSUE AND HAS REFLECTED IN HIS ON ICE PLAY THIS SEASON. aLL PLAYERS HAVE BEGUN HONKING MARIUS NOWADASY TO GET UNDER HIS SKIN AND IT IS WORKING. NOW HE WRITES IN ONLY CAPS AND IS JUMPY ALL THE TIME BECAUSE HE SCARED OF THE HONKHONKHONK.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - XLeafer - 10-06-2019

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=8686&view=findpost&p=113387

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Avakael - 10-06-2019

Alexis Metzler managed to grow out of all sorts of phobias, over time- spiders, snakes, heights, crowds, enclosed spaces. But the one fear he's never quite lost is geese. You have to be careful around a goose, because even if you don't antagonise it, it might still attack. Geese also have vicious little teeth in their beaks, and those teeth really hurt. There was one occasion back home in Minnewaukan where Metzler was canoeing out on the lake, and he drew the ire of a goose. The goose, unfortunately, was much faster than his canoe due to having the ability to fly, and Alexis had an awful time trying to get back to shore. When he did, he went crying all the way home to his room, even abandoning his canoe on the shore. Fortunately Minnewaukan is a tiny town where everyone knows each other, and his canoe was returned safely. Metzler still won't go near geese again.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Zombiewolf - 10-06-2019

The first time I ever encountered a goose was started out surprisingly pleasant. I mean the goose was chill which made me chill. But then... shit got real. The goose came at me out of nowhere, completely unprovoked and all I could do is stare helplessly. HONQUE is what I heard. Over and over and over HONQUE HONQUE HONQUE. As the goose stole my rank and then my hat... HONQUE. I mean what was I supposed to do? I tried running but that only excited the goose. Eventually a swarm of his geesemates came crashing down on me. HONQUE over and over. My friends Silver and Luffy just stood their laughing at me as these geese kept honqueing at me. None of them ever bit me but the honqueing alone terrifies me to this day. Every time I hear a HONQUE I jump back about 10 feet and then start twitching. I want the honqueing to end.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Ferda - 10-06-2019

Gabriel Johnson @Gwdjohnson phobia is a widespread phobia that has spread across the Anchorage Armada locker room. Big Wanger has stated that Gabe Johnson's play has been the most horrific thing he has ever seen and that the Armada management and coach staff's persistance to pair him up with Johnson has resulted in him seeking counselling and therapy on his free time. Wang noted that his fear of Johnson began when they were put together in Wang's first training camp in the SMJHL. Augustus was the most outspoken on this issue due to his inexperience with phobias as he believes that he was scared of nothing other than failure prior to meeting Johnson. Gabriel Johnson's call up to the Hamilton Steelhawks of the SHL has proven to be an overwhelmingly positive change for the Armada as all of the players who remain from last season have performed significantly better due to Johnson's absence. As the days pass without Gabe Johnson on the Armada, it is apparent that Wang and the entire Armada team is rejoicing, but have resorted to other methods of coping due to the deep mental scars that Johnson has made on everyone he has, and eventually will, play with.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Gwdjohnson - 10-06-2019

10-06-2019, 11:12 PMFerda Wrote: Gabriel Johnson having been called up the Hamilton Steelhawks of the SHL has proven to be an overwhelmingly positive change for the Armada as all of the players who remain from last season have performed significantly better due to Johnson's absence.

[Image: image0-17.jpg]

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Ferda - 10-06-2019

10-06-2019, 11:16 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
10-06-2019, 11:12 PMFerda Wrote: Gabriel Johnson having been called up the Hamilton Steelhawks of the SHL has proven to be an overwhelmingly positive change for the Armada as all of the players who remain from last season have performed significantly better due to Johnson's absence.

[Image: image0-17.jpg]

I mean the stats don't lie...

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - DeletedAtUserRequest - 10-06-2019

[Image: YUUyPUa.png]

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - ImShiny - 10-06-2019

Growing up and to this day Vent has a huge spider phobia. He hates the little 8-legged monsters. Vent is a 6’6 beast of a monster but if a monster is anywhere close to the man, he will sprint away from it. His phobia all started when he was younger back at his parents home in Czech. He was playing outside and was near his families outdoor shed. As he got closer, he noticed a giant web going across the entire side of the shed. In the middle of the shed was a big yellow and black spider sitting there not moving. As Vent got close the spider jumped off his web and towards Vent. This sent Vent screaming and running away trying to get the spider off of him. When he stopped moving, he quickly scanned his body for the deadly creature but thankfully found it nowhere. However, Vent felt like his hand was wet and put his hand up to his face. From his index finger to his thumb his skin was covered in blood. Vent ran inside and washed his hand and found no cuts on his hand or anywhere for where the blood could of came from. To this day Vent has always and will always be deathly afraid of any type of spider.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - thiefofcheese - 10-07-2019

PBE PT

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Sean - 10-07-2019

Tony Pepperoni is scared of only one thing in the entire world, and that's the salad lobbyists. Think about it, if they can have the whole globe (hollow earth 2023) convinced that salad actually exists, then what else are they capable of? I wouldn't be surprised if this salad conspiracy goes all the way to the top. You can find pictures of almost any world elite eating salad. Putin. Eating Salad. Trump. Eating Salad. Ariane Grande. EATING SALAD! How has the truth been swept under the rug of lettuce and not yet been eaten away by all the delicious dressing that has been poured atop it!

Salad is a social construct that tears at the very foundation of society. I do not wish to stand by while my friends and family eat a glorified vegetable platter and think that they're getting a full-blown meal! That's lunacy! These salad lobbyists think that they can do this right under our noses with no consequences. If you're like me and want to stand up to these invisible salad guardians (They're invisible metaphorically, not literally. I'm not crazy) then join TPAOFAS (Tony Pepperoni and others fighting against salad). What really scares me is if we don't get the support, we're going to lose what we value most. A world without salad.

[217 words]

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - The__Y-man__100 - 10-07-2019

There are not many things Boris is afraid of. Grizzly bears, more like life size teddy bear. Water, more like virgin vodka. Communism, more like piece of shit government. However there is one thing that strike fear in the eyes of the beast, and that is priests! Boris has been terrified of anything religious since he learned about the crusaders in grade school history. So motivated and powerful, doing the work of God. Their goal was to slay the beasts that stood in christianity, and Boris fears his status as a “beast” draws unnecessary attention to himself. Even as a young child he fought the priest when he was given his first communion as he thought the wine was poisoned. Thank goodness in North America religion is so washed, Boris doesn’t really have anything to fear. Some reporters have speculated that was why he left Ukraine, but we’ve never been able to get confirmation from him.

RE: S50 PT#2 - Phobias - Narconis - 10-07-2019

Kryyst’s biggest phobia is fish. It isn’t the type of phobia that terrifies him every day or makes his life difficult. It’s just the type of phobia that prevents him from swimming in lakes, rivers, and the ocean. His mother thinks it stems from an incident when he was a kid and he was fishing with his father and uncle. He had a bite on the line and stepped backward into the bucket of fish causing him to slip and fall backwards out of the boat and into the water. This is a plausible possibility. Kryyst is fully aware that being afraid of fish is stupid and most fish can’t harm him. He can still go to aquariums and see fish at a market, but admittedly is a bit creeped out. He has tried to get over his phobia through conditioning, but that has been a failure. Once he tried to place his hand into a tank of “doctor dish”, a type of fish that eat the dead sin off your hands and feet… that did not go well and he had a minor panic attack. Something irrational takes over in those situations and he can’t control himself.

Words: 198