Simulation Hockey League
S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SHL Eastern Conference (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Tampa Bay Barracuda (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=96)
+--- Thread: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=103651)

Pages: 1 2

S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - MCP_ - 02-22-2020

Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda  Barracuda

Howdy!

I'm MCP, the current GM of the Tampa Bay Barracuda. We are in a bit of a retooling phase at the moment, but I hope we can get back into contention sooner than later. As with any IP thread, I do have some questions:

Code:
1. On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in joining the Barracuda?

2. How active are you on discord? Are you a conversation starter/participator, or do you like to lurk?

3. What are some goals you have for your players?

4. Are you active in doing media, graphics and/or podcasts?

5. Anything in the future that might lower your activity level?

6. When do you plan on making the jump to Majors from Juniors?

Thanks for checking us out! And as always, Chomp Chomp Water Dog

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Cobbenstein - 02-22-2020

Deleted

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Cobbenstein - 02-22-2020

Patrick Shepherd - 2 Way Forward

I'm very interested in joining any team that wants to have me while I develop into the defensively stout center I know I can be. I know you mentioned the team was in a retooling phase and I would be interested in getting in on the ground floor and one day being a corner of a strong Tampa team. So I'd say I'm prolly at a 8 or 9 out of 10 in interest.

2. How active are you on discord? Are you a conversation starter/participator, or do you like to lurk?

I tend to lurk until I'm comfortable and then I'm more than willing to chip in. So I may be quiet and only getting in here and there for a while, but eventually I'll become a regular poster.

My main goal for this player is develop into a dependable trusted forward that can hopefully still contribute offensively. I want to strive for a Blake Coleman like player. Play big minutes, be a shut down defensive forward, but still Chip in a good number of goals as needed.

As of late I've been tweeting actively, but I'm very interested in getting into other media forms down the line.

Nothing in the foreseeable future should affect my activity level.

I plan to progress and make the jump whenever my major team would think I'm ready. I'm ready to be in the juniors as long as my development takes and to contribute my best.

I misread and didn't realize this was an S53 post. I'm s54 I was just a little excited to apply for teams. I'm still very interested in joining in the future though.

Deleted

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - sve7en - 02-22-2020

S54 guy beating us all to the punch.

[Image: kraken.png] Jimmy Wagner [Image: kraken.png] 

Two-way RW (Simon) -> Counter-attacking / Speedy RW (FHM)

I don't know teams that well yet, maybe 6? Florida is pretty medium, the branding is fine. Rebuilding isn't a bad thing, if the plan is clear.

Pretty active. Start some, participate plenty, both in the S53 server and the Carolina server.

Build wise, a score first Mathew Barzal and hit 2k TPE. Accolade wise, MVP and all 4 titles.

1st person written media, 3rd person media, graphics, and video.

Med school starting in Fall 2021, but I'm in grad school atm and that's working fine for me now.

I'm probably about to be a key piece for Carolina these next few years, and would love to win each title, so I'm not super eager to move up? Probably unbank everything in S55 at this rate?

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Lime - 02-23-2020

Berserkers Steve Harrington Berserkers

8/10. While the 'cuda aren't in the most attractive position right now, it's always good to buy low and sell high. I could see getting in at the ground floor of a rebuild to be a plus. It'll be much more rewarding when we lift that Challenge Cup.

I'm always on discord. Lime#5253 for more info.

I am destined to be the all-time assists leader.

The Ancient SHL, Sigs, The Stevecast

Shouldn't be no.

I'd like to do some damage with Newfoundland and win a few Cups before moving up. Of course moving into the Majors sooner would help me get a head start on my pile of assists...

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - juke - 02-23-2020

Jukka Timonen  Berserkers

Honestly interested in joining any team that wants me. Not worried about a retooling phase. Best case scenario you get to viewed as one of the new prospects that can hep turn around the future. Don't know too much about individual teams so I would say every team is like a 7 or 8?

I'm always on discord. Would say I'm more of a lurker but if a conversation is relevant to me I can be a little more chatty.

Great two-way defenseman. Get points, stop goals, big hits, you name it.

I like to make data/stat based media [1] [2] [3] [4]

Can't see anything, my life is pretty normal and consistent lol.

Whenever needed. I have a lot of fun with the 'Serks and would love to win a championship down here, so I'm in no rush. But ready to make the jump when I'm needed.

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - boom - 02-24-2020

William Hartmann, Vancouver Whalers

Probably an 8. The Barracuda aren't that good this season, but hopefully I'd be a good part of a rebuilt squad and I wouldn't be in the SHL for a few more seasons anyways.

Some of both. If there's conversations going on I love to jump in.

I'd like to build a fast, two-way winger that can grind in the corners and get linemates the puck, and bang it in himself if need be. I also love the energy player mold who isn't afraid to throw big hits to get his team back in the game. I'm modelling Hartmann a bit after Vancouver prospect Nils Hoglander.

Media yes, I've done some analytical stuff this season. I don't have the skills to do graphics or the living situation to do audio stuff.

I'm currently a third-year university student, so I don't see any forecasted outages in the next couple years.

Probably not right away. The Whalers look like they'll be retooling next season, so I'd like to stick around for that, and my offensive numbers and skills do need upgrades as I only had seven points this season.

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - EricNCSU - 02-28-2020

10. Honestly, I'll be happy to go to any team. I have no expectations/agenda

I'm pretty active. I usual respond to other peoples comments, but post my own stuff fairly regularly.

Honestly, just to make a team and be active. I'm building for team first (Defensive minded Forward), whatever helps the team I don't need to be the marquee player.

Writing media. I really enjoy that aspect of the game, and just enjoy writing in general. 

I'm currently looking for a new job, so possibly less free time, but in my experience that's been a long process so no changes any time soon likely.

Whenever the team needs me. That said, I'm assuming I'll spend at least 2 more years in the J. 

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Snoopdogg - 02-29-2020

Daniel Laforest (unassigned)
Playmaker 
POS: C
HT: 6"3"
WT: 211LBS

6/10 scored low because I have no idea what the teams or leagues are all about, I not sure I am even eligible!  But I still want to put myself out there.

Pretty active at the moment, lots to take in and I see myself as a participator later on.

I'd like to become team captain and a leader, win titles and scoring championships!  I'm a team first kinda guy!

I did write my first article worth double payout yesterday and looking to do much more in the future.  Maybe steer more to PGS media and created myself a twitter account yesterday to earn some TPE.  Graphics and podcasts I am a huge thumbs down.

Hopefully not, I do have 3 kids and a company to run.  For the time being I dont see this as a big time consumer to be honest.  I mean, I am at a desk half the time! 

Like any good young kid wanting to make the majors I'd say as fast as possible.  BUT, not knowing this  league yet as I should and only because I know that riding the bus and pine would be a lot more beneficial for my career in the long run, then my answer to you would be minimum 2 seasons of junior unless you guarantee me upwards of 17 TOI each game for me to develop.

sorry no sig. yet

cheers

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Nhamlet - 03-02-2020

Ryuuji Minamino Berserkers

On a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in joining the Barracuda?
7. That being said, most teams are probably in that tier just because being a new user I have little ties to SHL teams at the moment.

Lurk all the time but usually a participator.

Regularly showing up offensively on a consistent basis. Some of it depends on what metrics can be wrangled out of FHM but being a top offensive contributor is ideal.

I have a couple media pieces as well ideas for a few other ones in the offseason. No chance I can do media but podcasting might be something I toy with down the road.

Currently doing a master's which has been fine. Hasn't stopped me from doing updates, participating regularly in discord or otherwise.

Probably not until I've at least completed my 3rd or 4th season. I wouldn't mind staying for longer because being on the bottom line having to fill in for minutes isn't the best development or interesting season Imo.

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Mediocre_Fred - 03-09-2020

I'd say a good 8.5
Very. Pretty much every day I am on there at some point. During the work day I have it open all the time. I am pretty active on there too,
I'm just here to have fun. I would like my player to be pretty good, but I won't be discouraged if he isn't.
I'll do a media piece every once in a while. I want to start doing more like this one: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103757
I don't really think so. No school and I have a stable job.
Whenever the time is right! I am okay in the SMJHL for a few seasons. I'd rather my player be ready than come up to early and not have a good time.

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - Aephino - 03-09-2020

PH

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - MarlinManiac4 - 03-10-2020

Honestly, its probably the same 8 or 9 as it is for any other SHL team. I have no real predisposition about where I would prefer to go.

Im fairly active on discord daily. I would say i kind of lean towards a conversation participator then a conversation starter. If i see people talking, I tend to join in. That said, i'm not afraid of asking questions or commenting about something I find interesting.

Id say about the same as any other rookie. I ultimately want to win and contribute to the team both in the locker room and "on the ice". 

Yep! I've written several media pieces. My most recent being a S52 SMJHL Draft recap I posted a few days ago looking at last years draft classes for each team and ranking them. That can be found here if your interested: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=103868

I plan to stay fairly active and participate for the foreseeable future.

I'd say i plan on staying down until at least after my 3rd season. After that I'd be pretty open to making the jump if there is a spot for me. if not, i dont mind staying down a 4th year.

RE: S53 Tampa Bay Barracuda Interested Prospects Thread - lilstifler - 03-10-2020

Krišs Dārziņš - SNIPER  Scarecrows

I'm always active in Discord from PC and mobile too. I don't know both , I like to talk with people and yea.

To be best in future for team to reach highest ''mountains'' and win cup with team. I will do anything that is important for team to win.

No, I'm bad at English to make media. But I tried to make graphics.

No, I will be active all the time.

This was my first half season in Juniors and I want to spend there 2 or 3 more seasons to upgrade my skills and be ready for Majors.