Simulation Hockey League
S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV (/showthread.php?tid=103672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Julio Tokolosh - 02-26-2020

Julio will be remembered fondly in Edmonton and around the league. He wasn't the best goal scorer or defender, but he was an efficient passer and good enough in his own zone. After winning a challenge cup in his rookie year, and IIHF gold in his third, Julio would follow up his early success with a few more cups and in both league formats. Riding the coattails of Pepperoni, and Edmonton's stifling defense, Julio was never enough to get the job done on his own but was a top tier role player. His numbers on the ice were certainly impressive, but would be deemed "not remarkable enough for the hall of fame". Coming from a storied franchise like Edmonton, he would not even get his number retired in the arena rafters, similar to how the New York Yankees have cant retire every one of their hall of fame players' numbers, otherwise there wouldn't be enough jersey numbers left for the actives.
He will be remembered as a good teammate and a reasonably active locker room member. His last season would be S67 (to try and get a jump on the S69 rebuild crowd), doing PT's the entire time, and fighting regression back down to the lowly 4th line.
His retirement ceremony will be a brief one, surrounded by old teammates, and friends from his draft class.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - JayWhy - 02-26-2020

My future isn't all that bright. I'm a little past the midpoint in my career at this point. I have yet to hit 50 points, and only hit 40 once I believe. I will forever be remembered as just the name.

And actually, if we're looking at it, my memory isn't even a memory. Nobody will remember me. It's fairly obvious, the reason I'll be known is that some kid is googling all time stats and my name comes up under Jakub Aittokallio and is labelled son. They'll probably click on Jason first, and then me, and they'll be disappointed. They'll wonder what happened. That's what I'll be. A footnote on the history of my father.

Granted, that's most of you. Who remembers Alexey Kovalenko? Nobody. Exactly, the guy was considered a top sniper in the teen seasons and the reason anyone knows him is that some old guy compares people to him. He was never spectacular, and most aren't. He was special for his time, but wasn't timeless. Right now in the league, maybe a handful are timeless -- if that even exists, some people don't know Ron Mexico at this point even if the MVP award is named after him.

So my legacy will be the same as most others in the league, some footnote, some guy who played for a while but never broke out. And that's... that's perfectly fine.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Steelhead77 - 02-26-2020

[Image: parmborg1.jpg]

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - XLeafer - 02-26-2020

http://nsfl.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=19207&view=findpost&p=260398

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Vandy - 02-27-2020

This is probably the easiest I've ever had to write, I want my player to be remembered as a Team First player. A guy who left it all out on the ice night in and night out, blood, sweat, tears, teeth, all of it to make his team or his teammates better. I'd love it if either Colorado, Buffalo or Winnipeg retired my number after I left or any of the other teams that I may play for following those two. I'd like to win a few more Challenge Cups, this time actually contributing rather than remaining on the bench. I'd like to win some individual awards, maybe set a record. But I couldn't tell you which record I could even reach for. I think my player would look fondly back at the career he's had and wouldn't change a thing. Right or wrong, this ride only lasts a short time, enjoy it while you can.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Katth - 02-27-2020

At this moment I have no reasons to even consider leaving Calgary so I see myself retiring here. Before that happens I hope to become a franchise player that wins many more cups with this great team. I have never really cared for individual awards or milestones, the cup is what matters to me, so I haven't really thought about any of that. Besides many Calgary records are currently held by Esa Anrikkanen and I have no intention to break any of them. What I do want is that fans remember me as one of the most dedicated Calgary players of all times, dedicated to winning as a team. But time will tell, but I will do anything in my powers to make that happen. Perhaps I will even have been allowed to wear the C before I retire, who knows. I would love that very much, because it's a huge honor to be a captain of the most succesfull franchise in the SHL.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Zoone16 - 02-27-2020

Many years from now, Luca will hang up his skates and his pads. It is an inevitable truth that comes with age. I don’t think he really cares for personal awards and all-star team nominations. This has never been the plan. And although it would be a great achievement to be recognized as the best among his peers, this is not what a team sport is about. The true measure of a legacy is being present for the team’s success. And a successful career needs to have completed one major goal. Win a Challenge Cup.

But hey, should he win a few individual awards over the course of his career, and maybe, somehow, make it to the Hall of Fame, Luca is not the kind of person to shirk away these awards and honors. At the end of the day, many years after he retires, Luca truly hopes that his contributions to the game, and to his team, are remembered.
(160 words)

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Thelastheraclid - 02-27-2020

After a nice long career I hope to be remembered around the SHL for my strong defensive play. I'm never going to be noticed for the points I put up but I think I shine in the defensive end. Most likely I'll just end up in a lot of hardest hits or best fights of the season recap videos every year and I am pumped if that is all that ever comes of my time in the SHL. I grew up loving those players and I know lots of fans still crave that physical part of the game. What I am striving for to solidify my legacy is to win at least one Bojo award for the best defensive defenseman in the league. More would be better but I hope to get one. At the very least a few noms. One final thing that I hope to achieve is to have a career notable enough to have my number hanging from the rafters in West Kendall.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - prettyburn - 02-27-2020

[Image: 3974e9R.png]

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - thiefofcheese - 02-27-2020

Well it's not over yet - that's for sure. Ivan Maximus has played in the SMJHL for 4 seasons and will be getting called up to the SHL for the first FHM season. His 4 seasons in the SMJHL have come with less success than he would have liked from a team standpoint but has had varying amounts of personal success. From being a ROTY finalist to winning at least 1 award in seasons 2 and 3, he has definitely had his share of prominence. That being said - he stayed down for the 4th season to bring a cup to Anaheim and he'd happily trade in all of the personal awards and achievements to finish the last game of his minors career with a win.

As this chapter closes and the next one opens Ivan hopes to keep the team first view forward in his Texas sweater.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - JKortesi81 - 02-27-2020

PBE PT

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - StamkosFan - 02-27-2020

My hope is that my player will be remembered as one of the top TPE earners of all time. I am more than on pace to join the 2000s club, and while the record may be slightly out of my grasp, I should hit the top 5. If I did hit the record, that would be my legacy, but regardless of whether I can reach 2285, I would say I will be remembered as the best earner of the modern era. People in the past had more TPE opportunities; for instance, they could do multiple play by plays. Everyone thought hitting 2.2K in the modern era was impossible, but I will hopefully prove that with crazy grinding, it can be done. And then, Ola Wagstrom will go on to leave a final legacy of beating Esa's record for the longest career by a player. He is going to be the first SHL player to ever play 30 seasons, and he will be remembered as SHL's Jagr. He will prove that regression only beats you if you let it.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - RedCapeDiver - 02-27-2020

Like anyone else, at the end of Scianna's career he wants to have his name carved into a piece of metal a few times and lift it over his head, and while we are at it a few gold disks around his neck would be good to. But when he decides that one game will be his last game he hopes that he will be remembered as a great team play in all aspects of the game: offensively, defensibly and in the locker room. He wants fans to remember his dedication in all the professional stage, minor stage, and the international stage, in Texas, Kelowna, and Norway. Now Scianna's career is only just beginning with his second season in Kelowna wrapping up (hopefully with some hardware), and his second IIHF tournament after that, Adam looks forward to when he gets to make that jump up to the big leagues, dawn the black and silver sweater and prove himself.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Mika_Kandinsky - 02-27-2020

Mika Kandinsky's legacy will be that of a multiple Challenge Cup winner with the Toronto North Stars. He is a producer in this league and a leader for his team. He will be known as one of the key pieces to Toronto's turn around into greatness. It would be nice if he went down as one of the top scorers to play, but it will be tricky since there will be the big change to FHM in the middle of his career. He will forever be known as the top scoring rookie of the SimonT days of the league, though, and that's something that can never be taken away. Most importantly, Mika will go down as being a great teammate and friend to his teammates. The personal accolades are not really what Mika seeks. He wants to win championships with his team, and that is what he will be known for long after he retires.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Huck24 - 02-27-2020

When Lyle was drafted 8th overall in his draft year, after NOLA traded up to select him, he vowed that he would make his GMs (JoeK and TDZ) proud that they took a chance on him.  Since the day he was drafted, his goal has only been to become a better hockey player, to help bring a Champions Cup to the great city of New Orleans.  Lyle bleeds purple, he would do anything for his team mates and his team.  This was even further solidified earlier this season, when he was asked to wear the 'A' on his sweater, an absolute honour for him.  What will Lyle's legacy be?  He wants to win cups and he wants to do it with this team.  He is going to work as hard as he can to help lead his team to the promise land, both on and off the ice.  Lyle isn't looking for personal accolades, if they do come, Lyle just hopes they come because he has helped the Specters towards the Champions Cup.