Simulation Hockey League
S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV (/showthread.php?tid=103672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Rindiee - 02-28-2020

Although I still have one season left in the SMJHL before I really get into the meat and potatoes of my career in the SHL, I have a good idea on what my legacy will be. I'm currently a prospect of the young and hopeful West Kendall Platoon, and I am looking forward to come in and be a big time playmaker for my Toonzas. I know the expectations are high as I was selected 6th overall by WKP, so the last thing I want to do is disappoint. My hopes are to start out as a playmaker and make my team around me better. However, the end goal is to be able to do it all, I want to score goals and create goals for my teammates as well, with the hopes of being an All-Around Superstar. Obviously the end goal is to win at least one cup with my lads while hopefully achieving some individual awards as well and ending my career with a HoF nomination is the goal. Platoon

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Budgie - 02-28-2020

Legacy is a tough one for me. Even at this point, so early in my career, I've already deviated from the ideal path I imagined at my juniors draft. If you would have asked the young naive Ian Venables right after getting picked by Anchorage what his legacy would have been, he would have said that he wants to make small meaningful improvements each and every day, and to have a career that he can look back on and know that he was an asset to his team. After four seasons, and now that my time in the Juniors is up, I definitely feel like I was a credit to the Armada. But I've had a bit of a stagnant period in my development, and looking forward now I definitely can see that I'm falling behind. The goals are the same, but I feel less confident than ever that I will be able to achieve them. I'm terrified that the habits I've fallen into will continue and I'll let the Pride down. Luckily, it's a simple game. Work hard, show up everyday, listen to coach. I just need to take this one day at a time.

-Ian Venables, on legacy.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - DrunkenTeddy - 02-28-2020

I think Phelps will end his career with a bit less points than he's accustomed to, but having 15+ seasons at 40+ points per season puts Phelps easily into the discussion for hall of fame. Add on top of the points a handful of all star team appearances and a challenge cup, and I think it's fair to say that Phelps will make it into the hall and be remembered as one of the greats, even without an MVP or point, goal or two way awards he still can lean on his stable and consistent performances season after season. With the change to fhm I suspect Robert will take a backseat to some of the other stars on Hamilton and not get as many points, he may not reach 40 points in S53 for the first time in his long career. It's been a great run for Phleps and he's still got a few more seasons to show what he's got.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Carbine - 02-28-2020

Well, after an 'inexplicable' six-inch growth spurt before the start of what could be the final season of his SMJHL career, I'm hoping that Indigo Trevino can continue the goal-scoring display he showed this season and put up some records before he jumps to the SHL. I'm expecting Trevino to have a full season playing top minutes with Al Kayhall and Thicc Cheezy in Halifax - depending on how it all comes together these three could form one of the best lines in the SMJHL next season.

As for life after the SMJHL, I'm hoping Trevino will continue to develop into one of the best Power Forwards of the FHM era. A blend of speed and high-pressure checking will be his calling card with enough scoring ability to keep him in the top scorer conversation each season. Currently, I expect Trevino to remain with West Kendall for the duration of his career, challenging for awards each season and helping return West Kendall to the powerhouse status it previously was.

169 words

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - 39alaska39 - 02-29-2020

[Image: Winters_HOF_Plaque.jpg]

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - LairdButler - 02-29-2020

[Image: Hansons_Donuts.jpg]

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Baelor Swift - 02-29-2020

PBE PT: http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=10985&view=findpost&p=152225

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Emiko - 02-29-2020

Emiko by the end of her career will go down as one of the best players to never win in the minors. She will have multiple awards for goalie of the year and a championship but the thing that would allude her is the minor league championship. She'll not put up great numbers in the majors but will be good enough to be kept on Edmonton Blizzard till her career ends. The other thing she will be known for is the potential that Tampa Bay Barracuda passed up on while going into a rebuild. This will cost them in the long run and they'll never win a championship while Emiko is in the league. Looking back at this potential career she'll not regret much as she had a high profile career but will be known for retiring from international ice hockey very young to focus on her team career. This however does turn out to be fruitful as later takes on a goalie coach role for Edmonton.

Code:
Words: 167

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Mayuu - 02-29-2020

Hall of OK!

Hippo's career has been synonymous with buffalo, never really leading the team and never letting them down. A great lowest performance but never really peaking.
He's been to finals plenty, both in SMJHL, WJC, IIHF and SHL. The only place he doesn't have a cup is in SMJHL where he and Detroit fell short multiple times.
With Scandinavia and Sweden he shared Gold with his fellow country men, both of the times being underdogs that few would have predicted to be winners.
Buffalo and Hippo both became Challenge Cup champions for the first time in S46, getting success as soon as he took the step to the big league. The team at that point being spearheaded by Oliver König and Viktor Marius. Next season they were primed to go far again as they only got stronger, but they fell short and instead loaded up on prospects. S48 it was time again and this time it was Hippos one time to shine, Marius, Hippo and Garrett found formed one of the deadliest 2nd line in the play-offs history with Marius leading them. They combined for a total 84 points in 22 games which to this date is unheard of.

Hippo will be known as a winner, but while there will always be another name that comes to mind while thinking back of those wins.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Fluw - 02-29-2020

I don't personally feel that Nadeau will have much of a legacy,as he has been a back up for most of his career, and with regression looming around the corner he may only get a couple season as the Pride starter. Now this comes down to his poor training ethic and fell down on his teams depth chart but recently has pushed himself into a good position looking forward. The most I can hope for is that Nadeau turns it around when given starting minutes and is able to compete with the top goalies of the league which I highly doubt is likely. The biggest goal I have for Nadeau is ending either 2nd or 1st all time in games played or potentially wins on the Pride, and potentially a cup this season or before retirement. A mediocre goalie with a mediocre career minus the anomaly in the SMJHL. The transfer to FHM could surprise me though and Nadeau could very well be a decent starter but only time will tell.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Acsolap - 02-29-2020

Rex Kirkby is just coming to the peak of his career. After nine full seasons in the big show he has amassed almost 300 points in 450 games. As one of the premiere defensemen in the league I don't think it is unrealistic to expect him to make the hall of fame at the end of his playing days if he keeps up his current rate. He could conceivably play for another ten or eleven seasons at a decent level which would put him near 1000 games and who knows how many points. On top of this he has won the last three Bojo Biscuit trophies as well as being nominated to the 2nd and 3rd allstar teams in the last two seasons. With his move to New England finalised he has a chance to add to both his Challenge cup tally and his personal award tally with a Scott Steven's award a particular personal goal.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Jabs - 02-29-2020

PBE

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - Briedaqueduc - 02-29-2020

LeBlanc's legacy will be just like his personality, silent. LeBlanc is not the type of player to really care about personal achievements. He's all about the team. So he's probably not going to be an hall of famer, and he won't be a legend known across the league. But he could really be a local legend, as Simon is not looking to go anywhere else for a long while, he's probably going to stay a Panther for his entire career. And this is really what he wants. Simon is already happy where he is, why would he go somewhere else? Maybe the team is not as successful and they would want to be at the moment, but LeBlanc trusts that it will come with time. If LeBlanc gets traded, it's going to be at the very end of his career to help LA rebuild, but really if it's only needed. LAP for life Panthers

Code:
153 words

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - SDCore - 02-29-2020

What do I expect my Legacy to be with my player. That is a tough question as I have both been very good in seasons and very mediocre in some seasons. With the move to Franchise Hockey Manager, defensive scoring appears to be going down a bit, so I expect that my player won't finish in the top of Defensive scorers all time as this is a completely new system. I hope that he can be seen as a solid player though. Looking for a good couple of years, maybe get a cup or a trophy or two. I think that Kennedy should be able to stand the test of time, but who knows with the new system to be honest. I have been a + player and managed at least 30 points in the past 2 season, I was above average in both of those. I am hopefully that once I retired Kennedy, he will be known as one of the best Defensive players of this generation. That would be truly special.

RE: S52 PT #5 - The Anthology Vol. IV - StadiumGambler - 02-29-2020

The legacy StadiumGambler the user would like to see left behind for Nick Brain is that of an overachieving Hall of Fame caliber player, with memebership in the 2000 TPE club and reasonably high career scoring totals (and also a high career grit per 60 rating, always important). Award-wise I'd like Nick to have at least one Challenge Cup in his trophy cabinet to go along with the IIHF gold medal he won in his early days for Great Britain/United Kingdom/whatever we're calling ourselves.

For Nick himself, he would probably want his legacy to be that of a good team player who stood up for his mates, worked hard, and showed the hockey world and all the youngsters watching a good example of consummate professionalism. Nick would want a Challenge Cup in his trophy case, but I'm not sure he'd want it as badly as I would, and he'd probably be content with his IIHF gold in the end cause he loves his country and loves the international game.