Simulation Hockey League
S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S62 PT#5: Champion??? (/showthread.php?tid=120629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - the5urreal - 12-12-2021

I’ve been in the league for three seasons now. I’ve been lucky to make the playoffs all three seasons as a member of the Carolina Kraken. Though we had a first round bye in all three seasons, the first two ended in our first round (round two). Although we weren’t supposed to be as strong this season, it feels different this time around. We have finally made it past the second round after sweeping Kelowna and I believe we could legitimately compete against any of the remaining teams.

Of the remaining teams, the Kraken were 3-3 against Anchorage, 4-2 against Newfoundland, and 1-2-1 against Vancouver. In an ideal scenario, we would face Newfoundland in round 3, defeating them 4 games to 2, and Anchorage in the finals in 7 games on the way to a Four-Star Cup Championship.

Based on the regular season, I could see any of Patya Perevalov, Roderic Banes, Lucas Raymond, or Atticus Hale taking home playoff MVP honors. Truthfully though, our strongest player in the regular season, Patya Perevalov, would be the one most likely rising to the occasion to take hom the MVP award.

Prompt 2
189 words

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Tomen - 12-12-2021

PT pass

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - SFresh3 - 12-12-2021

Prompt 1:
Ryu Jones getting tripped up by Friedrich Müller and scoring the 1st goal against John McBride.  (the 2nd goal came off of an Empty Net in the last minute by Nikiforov)
[Image: adqBg6g.jpg]

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - ImShiny - 12-12-2021

OK so for the first matchup for the Knights I would choose them to go against St Louis. Need a way to get the whole team in the playoff ready mode and with ST Louis this would be a great first stop. Kelowna would easily dispatch the scarecrows in 4 games with none of them ever being very close. Next up would be Anchorage. The boats had a great season so this would be a real test for the Knights. The Knights would win the series with their goalie basically stealing some games for them. The series would end in 6 games and the Knights would move on to the Carolina Kraken. This is the Skoda vs Skoda matchup. Both Skoda's would have great game in the series with both of them winning games for each of their squads in overtime. However thanks to a overtime goal in game 7 by Malach Skoda the knights would move on. This is where the knights face the Whalers. The whalers have been an incredible team. However, they are no match for the Knights fast and physical game. Series over in 5. Knights win the cup.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - sve7en - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

For Los Angeles to realistically have a shot at winning the cup we'd need a few things to go our way, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. There's two paths for this to happen:

We get dummy lucky and after escaping the Pacific we beat Chicago in the Western Conference Finals before trouncing whoever the East turns out, requiring notably absurd performances from the LAP roster.

or..

We get kinda lucky at every step of the way. Seattle takes down Calgary for us, which they already did. Then Texas upsets Chicago, which has an outside shot of happening. If it does, we're in business because our performances against Texas have been way better than against Chicago, giving us a slightly better chance at the Challenge Cup Finals. At that point, we just have to sneak a few more games, but if Tampa could upset the Lakes before we have to deal with it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

165 words

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Nike - 12-12-2021

We are currently up two games to none over Texas in the second round of the Challenge Cup playoffs. With that in mind, here is my scenario for Chicago to continue its run to an eventual challenge cup championship.

After a quick sweep of Edmonton in round 1, Chicago gets likely the other most talented team on its side of the bracket in round 2 in Texas. After establishing an early series lead on home ice, Chicago likely takes the series in as few as four games. However, it's fairly likely that Texas wins atleast once on home ice and it takes the Syndicate 5 games to get it done. With LAP leading the other series, it makes sense that they will probably be the other team to come out of the West. Chicago is a more talented team than Los Angeles, and likely runs through that series pretty unscathed. However, the real challenge this season comes from overpowering the top teams in the East. It is more than likely that Hamilton is going to be on the other side of the Challenge Cup if the Syndicate make it. And to emerge victorious over that roster, Chicago is going to need goal scoring like they have had all season from their top players. With just enough puck luck and timely scoring, Chicago walks away as Challenge Cup Champions again.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Henrik - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2.

Well, I think most people had us winning atleast a round this season but thats the way she goes sometimes. As far as a realistic run, I think us beating LAP definitely isnt out of the question, sometimes FHM is just going to be FHM and decide that you suck this season. But after beating LAP I think I would prefer to go up against Calgary. No particular reason other than I thought they would beat Seattle. I think its pretty realistic for us to win that series too and I imagine it wouldn't be as hard fought as pur rivalry series with LAP. Maybe beat them in 5 or 6 while LAP went to 7.

At this point we get to the hard part. Chicago. I have them over Texas and thats going to be a deathmatch. Lots of high scoring games both ways and if we ever win that I imagine it goes to 7. And then the finals. I would love to face off against Tampa here and have it go all the way to 7.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - SpartanGibbles - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2:
I think no matter which of Texas/Chicago Minnesota drew in the first round, it was going to be an uphill battle. With the current format, Minnesota would likely have to beat both of those stacked teams to start making a deep playoff run. While the team has been improving(including winning their first playoff game since S46), there is still a long road ahead for the Monarchs I think if Minnesota made it past the Central Division, they would actually stand a decent shot at winning the Western Finals regardless of who wins the Pacific. Some teams would for sure make it interesting but if the Monarchs would be able to top Texas and Chicago, then the sky is the limit. From there it becomes a lot more tricky to win it all. I think the Monarchs match up badly against BAP/TBB/HAM based on the regular season series, but in 7 games anything can happen.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Redderder15 - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

To start, NL has to go face to face with Maine - and since I'm doing this Sunday night we already know what happened there, a clean 4-0 sweep with heavy production from the S62 sophomores, with 3 S62 draft class members leading the team in points, with Alexander Mackenzie and Jeff Larsson leading the charge with 7 and 6 points respectively. Next up is CAR, who looks to be a strong opponent for the young Zerk roster. Placing just 1 spot down in the standings, CAR looks to end what has been an easy season for NL, and if their depth scoring continues they could do some real damage to a more star-heavy Newfoundland. The key for the Zerks will be to keep up the top-tier production from Mack and Larsson, and get some more of their stars up on the scoresheet to overpower the depth-filled team from Carolina. If Newfoundland powers through, the most likely finals scenario would be a S61 rematch between Vancouver and Newfoundland. Vancouver has starpower for days but a lack of S62 players means they may not have the depth anymore to take down a strong well-rounded Newfoundland team with S62s and S63s ready to produce.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Graydonsanatomy - 12-12-2021

So I was totally into prompt 1 but then irl happened I got kicked out of my house and lost momentum by PT#3 so I guess I’ll just go with prompt 2 now that my dreams of becoming a raptors champion have gone by the wayside. So first of all any playoff bracket would feature the Colorado Raptors as the number one seed, obviously due to dominating throughout the entire regular season. Then being the dominant team they are go undefeated through the first three rounds, only a few games even being close. Then, the finals come around…dun dun du duuuuunnnnn, cue the Jaws music. Who else would they play than the mighty Anchorage Armada, who definitely did not just bring the brooms out in the actual sim, nope, no way San Jose. In conclusion Though I’ve had a great SMJHL career including a Holmes trophy, super excited for the next stages in the SHL. Raptors forever baby!

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Jorec - 12-12-2021

[Image: PT5.jpg]

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - FinnRhys - 12-12-2021

Code:
Prompt #2
So, yeah. Hamilton is in the playoff finals against my former minor league team, the Halifax Raiders (you said I can pretty much do whatever I want in this PT). We played the playoffs FA Cup style and somehow it just happened that both Hamilton and Halifax made it through to the finals and the anticipation is just wild, because lets face it, this is a great story of David versus Goliath. A minors team versus a pro team. Everyone thinks that Hamilton will just demolish Halifax in this winner takes all championship.... except FR Finn-Rhys has been cut by New England and signed to a minors contract by Halifax. The old-school Raiders take to the ice and through gritty, tough hockey keep the game close. It's 1-1 entering the final period and the scene is electric. With only a minute to go, Halifax does the unthinkable and pulls their goalie while the game is still tied. Halifax is going to try to end it right here and now without taking it to overtime. The puck cycles and ends up on my stick. I rear back and unleash a blocker side, high slap shot... and it goes in for the winner!

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - puolivalmiste - 12-12-2021

Promt 2: Well I'm not sure how can I milk it for 150 words specially as first round has already passed, where we pretty easily beat Minnesota in 5 games, all which we controlled for most part. Now versus Chicago on second round, for third season in row, with two games down but heading for home opener so everything is possible. So we need to start by turning around the series versus Chicago which indeed should be still relatively reasonable based on tests but this series is never an easy one so who knows how it goes, but for the sake of the PT I say win the series on Game 7 OT. For round after I would expect us to play Los Angeles who have been in good form on playoffs, but I still don't think that they would be as challenging as Chicago so to split the difference I say we win in 6. And finally to get our rematch from season ago we would beat Hamilton 4-0 in finals, like who knows, at least in theory it could happen.

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - tommytightpants - 12-12-2021

Prompt 2

Well, if I'm being honest, the Zerks playoff tree has already begun exactly how I thought it would. We chopped down every single tree in the entirety of Maine, and left their crops burning, their ground destroyed, and their players weeping in fear of our mighty Zerk power, exactly as it should be. For the next round, we will make a glorious gumbo with some squid, and some fried calamari on the side. Yes, I know that's octopus but they're both tasty invertebrates who swim in the ocean. That's gonna be a 6 game series, with us moving on. Finally, we're gonna face our old foes in the Finals - the Whalers. After a long and hard-fought game 7 win, we'll raise the trophy on a new era - the New Found Era. The Zerk Era. And we'll go on to win the next two cups until this beauty of a class gets called up.

(161 words)

RE: S62 PT#5: Champion??? - Toast - 12-12-2021

Prompt #2

JayWhy touched on this briefly in his own PT but for the Maine Timber to make it to the Four Star Cup, we would've had to avoid Newfoundland at all costs. Unfortunately that didn't happen and we were handed a second round exit again with the curse proving to be relentless. In the dream scenario, Maine beats Anaheim in the first round as what actually happened. In the second round if we were matched against the Knights then we would've had a decent chance to make it to the conference finals. The next two series would prove to be difficult but on multiple occasions Maine has beat the Armada and likely could get the result in the conference finals before proceeding to take on the Kraken in the Finals where it would be quite the battle. Maine performed decently against the Kraken and pulled out a win in game 66 against them and hopefully pull off the series end.

Code: