Simulation Hockey League
S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs (/showthread.php?tid=123243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Rangerjase - 04-17-2022

P1.

In the tampa bay locker room, and this one is a throwback. We had our own little "party" of players. Led by the great Jericson, he championed a group of strangers on an epic quest. Meeting weekly after practice we embarked as a group of adventurers. We were a motley group thats for sure. We sat down weekly for some dungeons and dragons. It really helped pull a big group of us together and keep us active. The campaign lasted a pretty good while and was loads of fun. One of the more fun things we have done in my two plus years of being on the tampa bay barracuda. Lots of just just hang and chat and game and stuff. Jericson still streams a bunch of us tune in from time to time. Its definitely a fun group activity that we have come to enjoy from our locker room experience. I've loved my time in tampa because of everything we've done.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - McAl95 - 04-17-2022

Player Prompt 

Often times the team will stick to themselves for the most part. If the team has a game on the day of travel, we start out by watching game film from our previous games and our previous games against the team we will be playing. This gives us the time as a team to talk strategy and to point out things that others might miss. After this discussion the team will break out into smaller groups. The forwards form one group, the defense another and the goalies a third. The forwards will talk about defensive weaknesses we might have seen or that were pointed out in film and take about where the goalies weak sides are or if they struggle with a certain shot. I don't know what the defense and goalies chat about since I'm a forward. After that forwards break off into their lines. Pope, Emeril and I found our little corner and talk through our game plan, which mostly consists of Pope and I finding some way to get Emeril. After each line has had some time to discuss the team comes back as a collective to discuss plans and what each group talked about or tried to figure out the strategy moving forward.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Inf1d3l - 04-17-2022

The dream hockey jet would have a lot of amenities that you dont see on your standard flight. First of all, a fully, FULLY, state of the art gaming rig with constant high speed internet access from anywhere set that I cant partake in games like Apex Legends, Path of Exile, Planetside 2, or whatever relse comes up I may enjoy.

It would also be stocked with a full tap room of only the best craft beers, and absolutely no IPAs as they are absolute shit.

A massive screen to be able to watch live sporting events, esports, Netflix, Paramount, HBo, etc. The sound system would be amazing, coming at you from all angles and making you feel like you are really there.

Finally, absolutely needing the best sleeping setup possible. The best memory foam matress with temperature controls, sound proofing, as well as a rig to help negate the feel of turbulence while lying on the bed. Anything to make sure you get a good night's rest.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Acsolap - 04-17-2022

Here at the Philadelphia Forge we have a lot of guys that like collecting player cards. There is always people comparing their collections when we are on flights between games especially on long road trips. Often there are competitions to see who can collect certain sets the fastest or who can draw the best diamond or ruby level card from a pack. At the moment there is a team wide competition organised by goalie scoochie Stratton to see who can collect the entire forge set first. So far it is pretty hotly contested but no one is that close to securing all of the cards yet. On top of this we have all the regular sports team kind of stuff. Guys playing cards or video games together as well as the few guys that just like to sleep and not really be involved in any of the on flight activities. Each to their own I guess.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Durden - 04-17-2022

When I'm flying, it's all about me. I'm not doing anything special, I'm sitting there listening to music or reading a book. I might pull out the Switch and play with someone next to me, but that's it.

Music keeps me zen, and if I want to sleep, I can put on the tunes that will help me do that. Sometimes there's nothing better than a plane sleep in order to refresh when literally nothing else is happening. It's a lot less jarring than a car.

Reading books is definitely something I do in my free time anyways, so it gives me a good solid chunk of time to get through a big section of it.

With the Switch, it's great to just play Mario Kart with people around you, or the 1-2 Switch games. I'm competitive about it, but it's honestly all about killing time before the next game. Let me chill or mellow out, that's all I want.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - 5ympathies - 04-17-2022

There are many clubs on these flights that we take from game to game, arena to arena as some would say. Perhaps some would even say from location to location. Personally, I would not say from location to location, but I am sure there are some out there who would. Atlanta, or rather the players on the team from Atlanta that make up the roster of the Atlanta Inferno, those who make up these groups on the planes for the flights that we take from location to location have many groups that they are a part of while they intermingle on the plane between locations. You have the classic poker players, sometimes I will partake in that group. Not often though as I tend to lose my money in my quest to see every hand. The other, larger group on the flights are the pilk drinkers. There are just way too many people on our team that drink pilk, and for some reason they drink it on the plane together. I would never be a part of that group.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Buster - 04-17-2022

The Seattle Argonauts don't really do anything crazy out of the ordinary during their flights from city to city. The team sort of hangs around in different groups and does their own things. It isn't surprising that you'll see some of the older guys like Oliver Cleary playing different card games whether it is poker or blackjack, often for whatever cash guys are carrying around. Some of the younger guys stick to their Nintendo Switches and play some video games. After a win, it isn't a shock to see some beers flowing between the boys celebrating a job well done. No one ever gets crazy because it is on to the next game and you don't want to be held down by a hangover after a long flight. Some might think the Argonauts are boring and for fair reason. The team just likes to enjoy each other's company and kill time in simple ways.

Code:
154 words

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Huck24 - 04-17-2022

The idea of having his own jet, one that caterers to Lyle’s own needs is would be a dream come true. Over his many seasons in the SHL, playing all over the North American continent, Lyle has thought how his flying experience could be improved on. He has always wanted a physio and recovery area on the plan along with personal sleeping areas after a long day followed by a draining SHL game. A games room and a cinema room would be another added bonus to Lyle’s plane layout. Long travel days wouldn’t feel nearly as bad with this state of the art plane and facilities. He imagines some nights the players would actually request more time in the air, on the plane. The Specters have received a written request with hand drawn diagrams and blueprints from Lyle. No word yet on how they are taking this development but there has been no improvements made or started on the Specters jet as of yet.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - SpartanGibbles - 04-17-2022

Player Prompt

The Minnesota Jet might not be like most jets in the league. The previous GM of the team made sure to accommodate whatever his players could want inside if the budget would allow. This lead to a state of the art cooking station being installed in the rear of the plane. While it doesn't come with sharp utensils, it has a full griddle and grill so players can bring whatever they want to make with them. Collin Gibbles is a constant fixture at the grill, always offering to cook up something new for his teammates as they get settled in for the long flights. Along with the cooking station, each player has a personal, reclining massage chair. The chairs have 25 different modes and have been cited by the players as the best part about flying home after a game. There are also individual screens that come down from the ceiling for each chair that lets the player choose what they want to watch.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - dogwoodmaple - 04-17-2022

WSBL affiliate PT

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Scrufdaddy - 04-17-2022

PLAYER PROMPT 

Slip McScruff is part of a very exclusive club.  No other team member is cool enough to be a member of this prestigious group.  That club is the "I just missed the jet... again" club.  He is always late, showing up to the wrong airport or forgetting his passport at home.  Without fail, he always has to fly with general population and do normal airport things.  He has seen all the best airplane movies and sampled every type of little airplane type cookie.  If he could read, he would have the diamonds reward card at Hudson Booksellers.  Instead, he has the same old copy of Harvard Business Review from 2005 which he has poking out of his bag to seem important and / or smart.

One time, he carpooled with a teammate who helped him get to the airport on time, but he couldn't bring himself to board the private jet.  It just didn't seem right, especially since Dune has been out for long enough to be free on his flight.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - brickwall35 - 04-17-2022

Prompt #1:
Montreal has got to be the team with the most board game enthusiasts in the league. I swear, at least fifteen percent of the cargo on the plane has to be Marek Skoda's (@Off) collection of games. He probably spends more time teaching us one of the seemingly infinitely different games he has instead of watching tape or doing anything else hockey related. But it's honestly really nice. When things are going well, it's a great way to keep the momentum up with some team camaraderie. When the team is going through a rough patch, it's a good distraction and helps keep things from getting too low. And on those large gaps between games, it helps kill some time. And while not everyone is big into board games (plenty of guys got their Switch or portable setups going), there's almost always a crowd of players or coaches who are just interested in the free entertainment. Now, if they could just stop having turbulence on the plane when I happen to be losing...

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Jericson - 04-17-2022

Prompt #1
The Tampa Bay Barracuda have a long and storied history of their in-flight clubs. Towards the back of the plane you can find the "old boys club." This primarily consists of players such as James Ronlain (@Rankle) and Michael Fitted (@Fitted2106). Out back they sit around and tell tales of the old days when the Barracuda were a laughing stock and how much they have shown the league to not laugh at them. This usually involves copious amounts of alcohol and possibly some tales of old fights and scars. Further towards the front the TBB also have the dedicated "youngsters" area. Here, younger players such as Ethan Bouchard (@fever95) and Marco Barengrub (@gaby) plot how they will run the team once the old duds finally retire. This is bridged pretty well by just about everyone else who go throughout the plane and shoot the shit with everyone. Sometimes you will find them next to a portable TV playing SHL96' (a classic). Other times you will hear Zoltan Topalo (@Rangerjase) try and talk about something or other but he mostly gets drowned out. Oh, and who can forget the bed in the back where Geezus Kryyst sleeps. Sometimes they forget to wake him up for 3 days.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Evok - 04-17-2022

Prompt one

Well, the fun thing about goaltender is that we are really weird. I think Elizabeth Doyle would be either sitting with Skating Dino, the current back up goaltender of the team, or she would be sitting with Chimkin Wing, since he used to be a goaltender for a few season which means that he understand the reality of being a goaltender. They probably wouldn't talk, just be chilling together and vibing, probably listening to music side to side. I can easily see the QCC alumni group in the plane, as we have a few players that played in Quebec city for at least a season, in Alexander Roach, Emilia Bergman, Greyson Cooper and Konstantin Selich. After that, there's the old but gold group, in Aron Hernadivic, Augustus Wang and Nicholas Owens that are the respected veteran of the team. They are pretty much the crew that no one really want to mess with since they got so much respect in the team. And to be honest, Roach probably rotate with the S53 gang, with Jaska Seppala and Steve Harrington

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - GoonerBear - 04-17-2022

The dream ride around the continent for games includes room enough to crash like it's a miniature dorm, amenities in each player's space, at least a couple of communal rooms for team activities and meetings, a connection for watching live games, a workaround for sports gambling in the air (for the addicts among us) and plenty of video and tabletop games to pass the time. With magnetic pieces and gyroscopic tables, just to be sure. Can't let the minis get jostled about too often. Of course we have a place to watch film, do assessments, training space where needed, though we don't necessarily need full-blown rooms for working out or partying. We can do plenty of that on the ground. And already do. Especially the gambling when back home. And the tabletop gaming, though it's available when we get the itch. Mini-TVs in each space, as well as a bed for rest after particularly taxing games where we have to turn around and get back on to go to the next stop.

(172)