Simulation Hockey League
S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs (/showthread.php?tid=123243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Tayjay - 04-17-2022

Prompt 2

The plane would definitely have multiple areas onboard for different types of activities. The farther into the back you get the more obnoxious it would get. Up front you have sleeping quarters and areas for working out and watching film. Players need their rest and each bed is modeled after little kid car beds for maximum comfort. The workout room is fully functional and includes an indoor track. Did I mention this plane is massive. There is a stairwell down to lower floor that has the practice mini rink so drills can be practiced as well as getting in some shots. Once you get past this point that is where the fun begins. There is the gaming room with a full VR set at each tv. After that is a wet bar with a laser tag area and bowling alley. Laser tag is a huge hit and if anyone says they are too old for laser tag they are a liar.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Keygan - 04-17-2022

Connor Tanner is an avid participant in the Super Smash Brothers community amongst those who play in the Minnesota Monarchs organization, and the reason for this is that he is a competitive bastard who only mains characters that are considered top tier. He does this because he is mentally equip with the reasoning capacity of a three year old and throws temper tantrums if he loses. It has become a bit of a running joke amongst the players that Conner can not handle himself well when it comes to taking losses, yet the Monarchs were handed so many. Maybe this is why he is no longer interested in losing. Now, come to think of it the only participant in the club is Conner himself, and no one else is willing to play with him because of his outbursts.

Thankfully the computer AI characters are strong and keep Tanner on his toes in regards to competitive edge.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Redderder15 - 04-17-2022

Prompt 2

A jet made by Jeff would be the ultimate hockey preparation plane, or Hockey PP for short. The plane would be similar to an Airbus A380 in the fact that it is HUGE, but instead of all those seats we'd make some minor changes. The upstairs would have soundproof personal bedrooms (like a players' 2nd bedroom) where they can make calls on the free internet, play games, sleep, whatever. Also upstairs is the team chill room with poker and pool tables, lunch tables, TVs, a movie theatre, and most importantly a room filled with playbooks and hockey wisdom as well as game tapes of our opponents and ourselves. We have an additional version of this room for the scouts to watch tape of other teams and young prospects. Downstairs would be accessible cargo and spare hockey equipment, as well as extra parts for the plane so we can always have clean working bathrooms, beds, seats, the plane itself, all that good stuff. The main floor is where things get fun though, as there is real ice for taking shots or working on skating, really anything you can do with an ice surface that isn't very wide. In fact, even the isles in the seating areas on the main floor can be set to ice (emergency buttons or set features to disable).
227 words

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Symmetrik - 04-17-2022

Christian Kinsinger is an avid member of the team's card game group. Poker, euchre, cribbage. Anything really, Kinsinger loves to take part in the card games. Kinsinger also loves to take the time to read some books and get some extra rest. There's lots of opportunities and you can only play cards and games for so long. Reading a few chapters of a book and then taking a nap is also an important part of Kinsinger's travel routines. Part of travel is also hotels, and Kinsinger takes part a lot in team CSGO games, trying to get more of his teammates to play. Danish counter strike is known as the best in the world and so Kinsinger has grown up a lot with it. He plays a lot with his teammates in the hotels as it's hard to play on the plane, but Kinsinger does take the time to practice and learn new tricks while on the planes.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Thunder39 - 04-17-2022

The dream private jet for Jone would be a pretty big undertaking. Typically the flights between games wouldn't be that large of a time frame since they are all within North America, but you have to have a few amenities on board that can be used between trips. Ideally the plan has plenty of space in seating for the team to sit back and relax or sleep. Especially for those late night fly-outs for back to back games. A weight room is a must have for any longer flights, as I'm sure some players would want to get a quick workout in. As well, we all know hockey players love to play games to help decompress, so a gaming area is a must for relaxation and even team building. Finally a buffet or some kind of snack bar would come in clutch as well. I know i'm always ready for a snack and im sure on longer flights its something that having on hand would get lots of use.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Nhamlet - 04-17-2022

Prompt 1
Being part of a newer generation, majority of the team focuses around video games. Oddly enough a lot of people really enjoy playing this nhl game but minamino doesn’t take part in that. He’s a bit of an oddball in playing fifa with few others partaking in it. The big game that was part of the Initiation when joining the club was the game League of Legends. These days it seems to be more party friendly with Safari of different other game such as scribble or portal or other activities that anybody regardless of whether they have any interest in joining. Recent prospects and newcomers have increasingly enlightened conversation and having more discussions and conversations happening between teammates, as opposed to before when the focus would be more so on the activities rather than the actual dialogue between individuals. And hopefully don’t go into the wedding scene which Martin Westbrook seems intently wanting to push on the rest of the team. If anything they need to be an intervention for his desire to gamble

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - leafs1997 - 04-17-2022

Vlastislav Malik's time on the team plane differs, depending on his (and other teammates') mood after the game. Sometimes, Malik will be tired after carrying Valterri Kauppinen for yet another game. In that case, he'll just sleep. He does notice that Kauppinen will be very active those times, probably because he didn't do any work during the actual game? Anyways. Other times, Malik will play some Nintendo games against his teammates, whether its Mario Kart, Pokemon, maybe a bit of Mario Party. SOMETIMES, the older vets will rope Malik in for some card game, of varying varieties, but usually those get fairly boring pretty fast. I mean, Malik can't go around beating the vets all the time, right? And if he has to keep losing on purpose, it gets boring real quick. So, if he does get invited, he'll usually pretend he needs to take a nap until the game gets going or he'll resign himself to a wasted flight. One day, Malik will be the vet and he'll get his revenge! Wait, is Malik considered a vet now? How many seasons has it been...

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Air Crou - 04-17-2022

Simmer Pass

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - sve7en - 04-17-2022

The ideal Los Angeles Panthers jet is the strategy hub to end all strategy hubs, built in screens for watching film where coaches and players can all draw and work together, a cocktail bar where everyone can stay loose, reaction time games to keep minds sharp, VR systems to walk through stuff in 3D, and a mini rink to practice skills. You may be wondering how this is doable in a single plane. It's not. The complex is suspended between a fleet of planes. Four planes carry a large platform across the country. You may think this is unrealistic, and you're right. It's not planes, it's rockets.

It's actually not rockets.

It's just a bunch of trucks with drives that drive all night. One fleet west of the Rockies and one to the east. The team takes a private subterranean train to transfer between regions of the country.

154 words

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Gordon Bombay - 04-17-2022

Player prompt

On the Colorado Raptors, there are multiple hobbies clubs that the team enjoys during their travel.

There is a literature club. During the flight, Shoyo Hinata and Binko Koviu enjoy reading romance novels. They read the chronicle of Bridgeton and share their thoughts on the books. Binko prefers the tv series.

There is a cooking club. The top member of the club is Sebastien Dubois. He cooks his recipe in his hotel room and shares them on the plane. Shoyo particularly enjoys his strawberry jam.

There is a wii sport club. The members are Shoyo Hinata, JR Frankenstero, and Evan Winters. During each trip, they play wii sport bowling. There is a legend that says that JR once had a perfect game.

The last Colorado Raptors club is the Shiny Shuckle fan club. The goal of the club is to watch the goalie highlights save. There is so much that it takes the whole flight. Shoyo Hinata is the top member of the club and he is trying to convert all the players to it.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Philliesphan96 - 04-17-2022

My dream hockey jet would obviously have a handful of private bathrooms. Everyone should be able to have their own bathroom for the duration of the flight. No bathroom sharing would be necessary. The next thing I would put on my jet would be engines. A jet can't fly without engines so it will need engines. A cockpit and a full control system obviously. There also needs to be seats. But not just seats, there should be beds too. That way everyone can get some really good sleep and be well rested for the nest game. There would be wifi as an absolute necessity. We'd also have a film room for watching game footage so we can prepare for the coming games. In addition there would be a full hockey rink so we could get some practice in as well. This plane would actually save the team money on hotel reservations, and renting out rinks in opposing cities. And no need to schedule practice time on the opposing team's ice until we need to get familiar with that rink.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - ProjectSaint - 04-17-2022

RESO: Oh.............oh damn. This is as big an Emeka question as one could get since he can actually fly a jet. And in some cases when we just want a chartered jet, he is our pilot. Can be a stickeler for how his cockpit is arranged however, and woe betide anyone that puts one thing out of place there.
As for me, I just like keeping to myself, reading my books and mangas. Yes, I really do enjoy a somewhat quite flight. However, that is more a luxury as I have mates like Videl Valor constantly pulling me to one place or another. Then we have Sven Svechikov and Lev Lebedev just being absolute goblins that blair out marching tunes into my headphones. And then there is Julio Tokolosh. Julio is cool. Be like Julio.
Overall, I guess that team flights can be pretty normal.............is normal confines one side just resting and the other being school kids again, but such is the cards.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Drokeep - 04-17-2022

The absolute dream for a hockey plane would be one that on the lower level has one long strip of ice with a net on each end. This way you can play 2 on 2s on your way to a game! Then on the upper floor wehave a compartment to sleep and relax for the long nights back and a leisure compartment.

The leisure side is where the fun begins with a full on bar with drinks all over the world, that way we can cater to everyone on the team. Then a full buffet of sushi on every flight. Gotta eat the best to be the best. Lastly there are a lot of recreational activities like consoles, arcade machines and we even have a pool table and poker table. All of this is possible thamks to our wonderful sponsors in philly and the money we bring in charging people 12 dollars for a shitty domestic beer

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - unconfident69 - 04-17-2022

My player Connor o'Byrne has not really joined any of the club's on the plane of the Nevada battleborn yet due to still being new to the Nevada battleborn, however there are plenty of these clubs that he could join but simply has not made the decision to do so yet. I think he would be involved in any club that contains Dave Heinrich @Tesla as Dave is a gem and Connor wants to be around him as much as possible, both because he is good hockey player and because she is good person. Dave thinks no one wants to hang out with him but Dave is wrong. Connor is currently spending his time playing games on his phone because he forgets his laptop at home all the time so he can't use it. He sometimes watches Netflix although he doesn't too often because he forgot his headphones too and he doesn't want to be too loud.

RE: S64 PT #4: Mile High Clubs - Sebster - 04-17-2022

WSBL Affiliate: Sebster