Create Account

S77 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 11:21 PM by bjkman. Edited 1 time in total.)

0. Affiliate PT +3

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid825595

18. Milestones +3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547131

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 09:37 PM by lmao. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
prompt 1 - 162 words - +3

For the Thunder Bay Walleye's giveaway, I would definitely have to give out some fish. Now, should this just be a plushie of the walleye mascot, walleye fish, or something similar? No, I say that we should give out real fish in the stadium and have a fish toss at the beginning of the game.

Of course, we'll need some kind of way to control the smell. So distributed with each real fish, each fan will receive a mask, hand sanitizer, a personal air freshener, and if that is not enough, we will also give out bags for people who are feeling ill due to the smell of thousands of fish in one area.

Once the fish toss is complete, the fish will be collected and cleaned again. Then, fans could pick up some free fried fish during the game once all the preparations and cooking have been finished! This may not be realistic, but I think it fits the Walleye well.

Code:
prompt 3 - 109 words - +2

the Thunder Bay Walleye will be harnessing a secret and obvious weapon this season, the fish. Visiting teams will have the lovely smell of fish when they enter the visiting locker room of the Thunder Bay arena. As well, as a further act of psychological warfare, the visiting dressing room and clubhouse will be fully decked out in an aquatic Walleye theme showcasing the incredible power of the Great Lakes. As well, visiting teams will be supplied with a steady diet of fish, despite the fact that the stench of fish will likely be getting to their minds. All in all, fish should prove to be an effective weapon.

Code:
prompt 4 - 104 words - +2

As the new official fun director of the Thunder Bay Walleye, I would definitely be required to stick to the fish team. I would personally host the team and any staff that wanted to join on a fishing trip. Now given that the team is in Thunder Bay, I could probably just phone it in and do a Great Lakes fishing trip. However, since I am actually from the Vancouver area, I would love to take the team on a Pacific fishing trip on Vancouver Island. I think it would be a great experience to go and catch some salmon on the west coast!

Code:
prompt 6 - 158 words - +3

Something that people may not know about the history of the Thunder Bay Walleye is how their identity changed from the Regina Elk and what the other potential options for the team identity could have been. While many professional sports teams may have turned to marketing firms to redesign their team, fan polling, or other similar types of research, the idea for the new team identity was actually selected by the team themselves! There were two choices for the move from Regina, one being obvious (the current home of the team, Thunder Bay), and the other being Tacoma, Washington, which would have put the team in close proximity to the Seattle SHL team. While there were many potential identities available, the team first settled upon the move to Thunder Bay over Tacoma, then selected the Walleye identity which better fit the Thunder Bay Area. Hopefully the fans will enjoy this change while respecting the heritage of the Elk.

Code:
prompt 9 - 205 words - +4

For this prompt, I will be talking about the name of my player - Jon Garfield. While there are many brilliant and better names than my player's name in the SHL, I am most familiar with the meaning behind mine. First of all, the lore of my player is that his family is extremely obsessed with Garfield, but mainly just because of the last name that they have. Now, there are not too many human characters in Garfield compared to animals, so when his parents wanted to name their child after something related to the Garfield universe, they ended up settling on Jon.

While this is a great and obvious reference to the Garfield universe, it is also a rather unfortunate name. Everybody knows about Jon, but most people know that Jon is actually one of the most pathetic human characters ever written in any literary work. He is constantly being rejected by every woman he talks to, and many fans found it repulsive that the authors decided to give Jon a girlfriend just because he had gone so long without one. While Jon is a very pathetic guy for a multitude of reasons, the hockey player Jon Garfield hopes to forge his own better path.

milestones +2

Code:
+16 total

[Image: Rg2aCpa.png]

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk / Thunder Bay Walleye

[SHL] Buffalo Stampede | Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL] Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

Code:
16. Goals

Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a
great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for
your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a
HOF induction? Getting a site job?

My first full season of the SMJHL is over and I have to say I am very impressed on how well I did. As a rookie goalie I didnt expect much but I finished with the most shutouts by a goal this season and as one of the best goalies overall so should be a nominee for best goalie this season and maybe even rookie of the year. I didnt really earn much but I will try to improve and my goals for the future of my time in the SHL is to get a player in the hall of fame and get a job or two. I just want to have a good career with Grant Berd and have fun along the way and that includes meeting new people. I cant wait too see what the rest of my career is like and if it is anything like this season it should be really good.

Code:
156 words

SMJHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546501

2. Looking at my new SHL team, the Edmonton Blizzard, I recognize that it is a rebuild team. Most of the strengths align with the prospects, not the players. Edmonton is incredibly weak right now, being one of the worst performing teams across the entire board. Edmonton clearly has plenty of potential though and does plan on calling players up earlier. Edmonton also lacks a coherent tactical strategy, having performed worse than several teams that have a similar composition. I am slowly investing myself into Edmonton’s front office and do hope I can make my own positive changes there as well. Edmonton does need to complete past its core, either in trades or with the draft picks it has coming up. HFFO has so far shown he is capable to such a task from my perspective, so I am certain the holes Edmonton has now will not exist several seasons from now.

7. Vancouver won! I was worried throughout the finals, unsure if we would win at the end, but as the last of the games ended Vancouver ended up in a rupture. Vancouver was a very much overlooked team this season, holding a well-developed lineup across the board. That on top of how well The Wog performed as a goalie really allowed for us to pull through everyone else. Looking back now though, I believe Vancouver always had a running chance. The trades Seany made in the season, and how many high TPE players Vancouver had positioned it as an underdog with a bite stronger than its competitors. Maine hinged on its first line, and Nevada had weak tactics losing to the St. Louis Scarecrows. Ottawa was more of an upset in my opinion, as the team made it all the way to the finals with a still developing core as one of the newer expansion teams in the Junior leagues.

16. Goals. I came into the SHL as a goalie because I thought it'd be amusing and enjoyable. I did not expect my tribalism to take root when I was drafted into Vancouver, and slowly shifted to the idea of a defense skater as a quiet echo of how a goalie is defensive by its nature. I’ve grown close to The Wog, so pulling too far away into a forward position seemed too skewed to truly entertain in my eyes. As of now though, I do not have grandiose plans. I will try to build my player how Edmonton needs and simply enjoy the community slowly building up within the locker room. If a Hall of Fame spot does land into my lap alongside this journey, I have no plans to refuse but such a goal is not in my line of sight due to future plans in my life.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546772

blob:https://imgur.com/dd98d44c-a742-4578-9c26-ac62de23a721