Create Account

S76 SMJHL Postseason Bonanza Deadline: Sunday, June 2nd at 11:59PM PST

1. Fan Appreciation Day
Our logo in Saint-Louis is like the head of a scarecrows, so I think we should use that to make a bobble head to give to the fans. Every player will have his little player with his jersey and his number, but instead of his face with a helmet (or not), it will be our logo in 3D. So that way it's different from everything that has been made so far and that show the unity of the team as everyone looks the same. It will be used when the team play against teams in his division, to fill the building and bring a scary atmosphere. 
(Word :100 = 2tpe)

2. Looking Towards the Future
From what I know, we are really in need of a defender that will be able to actually defend haha! We have only one real defenseman and another one that is playing out of position to help the team. So if I was the GM, I would draft the maximum defenseman that I can because that's really our weakness. We have our GM as the goalie so that won't be a problem for next season and beyond. We have a strong two lines at the front, and a below average third line. We will be able to score goals, but we will need the forward to help the defense too. 

3. Secret Plans
We don't really need Secret Plans to be a good team next season, but playing is Saint-Louis will be difficult for the away team next season. We gonna have a new sound system and the Crows noise will be everywhere, even in the away team locker room. It will be at random, so they will never know when a crow will be lurking behind them so scare the shit out of them. 
(Words: 50 = 1tpe)

6. Team History
I know a little more than every other rookie about the history of the team since my brother played 4 seasons here more than 10 seasons ago. It's a new management since he was there, but that doesn't change the fact that Saint-Louis have one of the greatest history of all the SMJHL team. My brother didn't have the chance to win a Cup there, but lost in the semifinals 3 time in a row! They last won the Cup in S72, and we still feel the repercussions of it. We are on the uprising and should be able to be a contender next season if everything goes right, but in that league, we never know. 
(Words:100 = 2tpe)

8. Alternate Timeline
Obviously, with where I came from, the home team would be a dream to play for. Québec is a beautiful city and the team keeps being dominant. They won it this season and that's because their roster is STACKED! I would not be even able to play on the third line with this team, so no I would not be able to improve their chance at winning it... But next season it should be different as some players will move to the SHL. 
(Words:50 = 1 tpe)

13. Superstitious
Superstitions are for losers and those who are mentally weak. When you are good and you know it, it don't really matter because you know you will do good and it's only a matter of time. Get early on the rink, do your preparation while having fun and get your head in the game. You play hockey since you can walk so it should be natural and fun. That way when things are not going your way, you just have to tell yourself that it will get better soon and keep enjoying going to the rink and do your best. You are one of the best, so that didn't change overnight. 

14. R&R
After a rookie season, now it will be easier to prepare for the next as I know what to expect. It's not easy to coming up in a new league with players older and better than you. You have to work hard and take each opportunity to prove yourself. Our season ended after the first round with a nice battle against Maine, so I had time to train a few things. Dallas is closer to our home in Québec, so I spent time in my brother's home after my elimination to watch him trying to reach the final. He unfortunately lost in the second round, way too early as he had the team to win it all, but that give us a chance to spend more time together. It's fun when your brother is a goalie, you can both practice things together. I'm trying to copy his routine, some training in his home before going to join the rest of the family up north as it's way too hot in Texas in the summer! 
(Words: 150 = 3tpe)

16. Goals
I'm not even sure I will be able to do a long run in the SHL, so the Hall of Fame is out of the question haha! I will do my best to help my SMJHL team, the Saint-Louis Scarecrows, but after that I really don't know. My goal is mostly trying my best to get the team be better and hopefully win a Cup before I leave the Crows. 
(Words: 50 = 1tpe)

18. Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3514767
+2 tpe

Total of 16 tpe.

1. (2) We would give away some signature blue and green scarves so that all of our fans can look like the great Highlanders logo mascot himself. It has the added benefit that you can use it as a blindfold if we are having a really bad game. This scarf was given out for a game against the tidal who as our co expansion team are our best candidates for a rival at this current moment in time. This will end up being a massive loss to the team profit wise because we arent gonna give away no fanatics scarves, these are prime and handmade in canada scarves. Only the best for the Highlanders fans.

12. (3) Hockey Player is someone who is ready to take on all the clutch moments of the game. Never straying away from defense Hockey Players main goal is to take your puck and keep it before it can make it to the net. Whether that be by a smooth cross ice pass or off the end of their own stick. With some of the softest mitts already in the league, Hockey player has been dazzling league vets all season long and making them look like absolute silly gooses. They seem like they would be a great match for the Winnipeg Aurora because they need someone who can do these things and obviously Winnipeg has a massive population from None, None so Hockey Player would feel right at home eating some delicious fresh none just like mom used to make. Seemingly focusing on their offensive training this offseason, it seems like Hockey Player will be making big numbers next season and should be getting picked for the all star game before you can even say scooby dooby doo.

14. (2) Hockey player is definitely ready to head right back to her home town in None, None and hang out with family and friends. Obviously everyone in None, None is playing hockey so there will absolutely be training as well but it’s more disguised as a family reunion then hard hockey playing to those outside. But the Player family are all beastly hockey players so anyone who isn’t truly prepared will have a hard time keeping up with them. In between games you can catch hockey player hanging out at McDonalds with a delicious Happy Birthday Grimace Dinner Meal which is hockey players favorite meal, its a perfect nutritious supplement almost akin to soylent but much tastier and much grimicier.

16. (2) My main goal for this player is to have them be a good coach for the Ottawa Highlanders throughout their career. I think we have some really good things brewing in our team and I cant wait to see where we end up. Beyond that I just want to try and hit 2k so we can get Hockey Player on a 2k card. I did definitely have the goal of getting mentor back but that has already happened so one thing done already. A cup in either league would be wonderful as so far I have only won WJC and IIHF stuff.

17. (4) I think overall changes to CW/PB have all been solid. I think we are getting good questions and that for CW the splitting it up thing is pretty cool. I do really miss the shirt one though, designing a shirt was one of my favorite prompts ever. The ability to write more about any prompt really brings up the amount of freedom and options for getting it done as painlessly as possible. It’s super interesting to think that someone could write a ton of words about a question like exactly this one and be all set. But then with that if they actually had that much to say about it I’m sure that whatever they say would be pretty damn helpful, so it pays off for everyone involved. I just wish we could figure out how to fix it so the CW doesnt show up in the rookies task feeds cause I think it can be a very daunting thing to see if you arent sure. To think you may or may not be missing a thousand+ word task I’m sure is jarring to quite a few people till they figure it out. Overall though keep doing what yall are doing it has been great so far.

18. (3) https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517870

16/16

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]

Gm pass

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

GM Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Prompt 2
One of the things the Ottawa Highlanders should be looking for to improve is by looking to expand the depth in the draft, A lot of players are getting the call up to the SHL this upcoming season and those players will need to be replaced in the J draft, Now as a general assessment of what positions i would look at, I would start with the defense. The defense needs to be the backbone of the roster going forward. Luckily there is a foundation to be found in one of the defensemen, Jacob Maccabes. The forward core has some good assets in Hockey Player and Peyton Campeau. If Ottawa can hang on and retain some of the DFA talent they have even if it is just a player or two, It could be all of the difference in how this expansion franchise will continue to move forward. Goaltender Bishop Van Apeldoom is another notable name that should be between the pipes for Ottawa for a while and will continue to hold it down consistently. This upcoming draft as mentioned before is extremely crucial for Ottawa as they need some names that will stay for a while and will earn and contribute.

Prompt 8
In another world, Goaltender Peyton Campeau could play for a few different teams, Ottawa is still largely a possible destination as I think in this universe they still need goaltending help. But for the sake of the prompt, Goalie Campeau is a St Louis Scarecrow. The reason why is because they need some help at least as a backup at the time of the creation of my player they did. This has some perks, Firstly a scarecrow goalie mask would be badass, Secondly St Louis is a bit more established on the defensive side of the game so it would be easier on Peyton to be between the pipes. If I created a few weeks before I did in real life, Peyton could probably be a starter by the playoffs. This is huge as it means St Louis gets a solid starter going forward and can switch between goaltenders as much as they need, This drastically improves the chances of them going further but the sim will sim so it is hard to tell.
Prompt 15 
For pride month, Peyton Campeau donated to several LGBT communities and charities in order to show his support. Part of this included auctioning off some gear for charity and doing some giveaways across the country. It's a short drive from Buffalo to Ottawa in comparison to a lot of other destinations so it was easy to give back to both communities and several others. Another big charity drive was to help those with learning disabilities, Peyton was a volunteer who helped donate money to charities that help those affected learn with tutors and coaches who can help them reach goals. Peyton is about helping others reach their goals on and off the ice.

ISFL PT + 3

[Image: gageshl.gif]

13. Superstitious
In the NHL there’s a well known superstition that any team that touches their conference championship trophy won’t win the Stanley Cup. Are there any superstitions like that in the SMJHL playoffs? If so, what are they? Where do they come from? Does your player believe in them? Why or why not?

13A: When David Vent came into the league he never really thought that he has a superstitions that he really did before the games. That is u til once of his teammates decided to ask Vent about some of the things he does before games. To start off, about 4 hours before Vent heads to the rink he plays some video games to help relax but also get in a competive mindset. These games range from apex legends, some battlefield 2042, or even Dota 2. Playing with some teammates are even friends from his childhood. Next, with 2 hours before getting to the rink vent will take an hour nap to just make sure he is rested mentally and physically before heading out. Once he is at the rink there isn’t much weird things that Vent does. He mostly tried to stay out of the way for the guys who are way more superstitions.

14. R&R
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. Tell us how you're spending your time this offseason, whether it be with family or friends.

14A: Well getting to the second round off of a great  underdog story was pretty great on Vent’s eyes. Getting swept sucked but it happens, GG Go Next. Now it’s time to relax from his first season. First things first Vent is going on vacation. Heading to the Maldives and just chilling for a week or 2. Spending time with friends and family and just unwinding. Not many plans for this off-season. Maybe going to some conventions to check stuff out , doing some brand deals, playing some video games with the boys. Really just trying to relax and have fun and celebrate the end of his first season in the smjhl. Doing some team bonding activities as well. Gotta welcome the new whalers but also keeping the team together despite losing some players to callups. It’s important to stay loose and be together to grow as a team to be the best you truly can be.

16. Goals
Although your career may still be in its early stages, it's still a great time to think about the future. What are some goals you have for your career, or some personal goals for the site? Are you striving for a HOF induction? Getting a site job?

16A: For goals for Vent I have a few but they are nothing really big. A major goal that I hope happens is getting a gold medal in IIHF for Czechia. They are just a great group of people and winning gold for our nation would be so cool. For personal goals I already beat both draft goals of getting drafted higher than David Vent  did  last times. I was really happy Vent even was put on the mock draft when he was drafted in the smjhl and then getting drafted in the second was really cool. I’m hoping Vent can maybe make it to 1,400 tpe. I know I am not gonna go crazy and try and max earn. I know I’ll struggle with doing articles and stuff because I just don’t have the feel for it. I know time for time I’ll get the drive but nothing crazy. But getting to 1,400 tpe would be really cool. Maybe getting to like 300-400 goals would be really cool. Always dope seeing Vent score so that would be special to me.

17. Feedback
For recreates, how was doing this new version of CW compared to the old one? Was the experience better, or worse? How were the PT changes? For first gens, you can also talk about your experiences with PTs in general too this season!

17A: Having not done pts in awhile and always dreading doing CW this was a breathe of fresh air. It’s really cool you can choose to only do 50 words to earn 1 tpe or do 150 words to earn a total of 3. That’s a really dope idea and whoever came up with it deserves all the love. The Point tasks themselves are really nice to. I never look at the the graphic stuff cause duh I can’t do them at all. But the writing ones have been great. Being able to choose from team focused one or individual ones is a smart one. It can play one what people prefer writing about or have any easier time writing about. Personally all the individual ones are way easier for me to be able to write about. This CW format is great and it really does make it feel more manageable to do for any effort you wanna put into it

18. Milestones - COMING SOON
You will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim. They will come soon!

18A: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3515432

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

4. Being the funtime manager for an afternoon with the Great Falls Grizzlies, there is only one thing that an ape like Argenti can suggest. Gorilla tag! Being a group of hockey players, all of the Grizzlies' are very big on physical activity. But Argenti would organize a very physical activity with a twist! Gorilla Tag is a Virtual Reality game where everyone plays as a monkey with the ability to rather easily climb, jump, and almost stick to walls! There are many gamemodes that the team could play. From the standard tag, to the zombie mode, to hide and seek and more, Argenti would try his best to make sure that everyone got the chance to enjoy themselves while monkeying around. After getting in a nice workout training different muscles than one would normally while playing hockey, Argenti would then get the whole group a giant feast of various Ugandan dishes to enjoy together and use to recover from the intense exercize. Being, a gorilla himself of course one of his favourite dishes and the one that would be the star of the show is Matoke which is a traditional Ugandan stew made of chicken, pureed green bananas (his favorite), seasoned with various spices and vegetables such as green pepper, onions, garlic, and chillies. (214 words +4 TPE)

8. As an unrostered draft free agent last season for the Quebec City Citadelles, I believe that Argenti would most likely have ended up there if he were not a Gorilla on the Grizzlies instead. While I wasn't the most active in Quebec's locker room due to an unfortunate lack of time with life being in the way, but my time there was very enjoyable. With Naomi being one of my friends there and being the person who brought me in to the SHL, I think it's pretty safe to say that she was trying her best to get me on Quebec. Though being with Schocar on Great Falls has been fantastic too. If I were on Quebec though, I'd most likely be a 3rd pair defenseman. Quebec has a fantastic defense and being a rookie I'd have no chance to be anything higher than the 3rd pair. That being said, I do think I would still have quite a bit of an impact on the team. Argenti did great in the playoffs with 7 points in 12 games played which is fantastic for a defenseman. I don't think it would have changed the outcome of Quebec's cup victory all that much. Maybe, it would have been a little more difficult as a rookie doesn't compare to a squad of max earning defenders, but I'd like to think that I'd have had enough of an impact that Quebec still would have won the cup decisively with me in the roster instead of another of their defensemen. (255 words +5 TPE)

14. We all need some good rest and relaxation right? After losing in the second round of the playoffs, Argenti is most likely to head to Hawaii for some well needed rest. Hawaii is the vacation state after all, is it not? I think it would do him some good, finding a nice place to relax on the side of the beach. I do firmly believe that Argenti would be the type to take on hula dancing while there. The mental image of a giant silverback Gorrila in a grass skirt with a coconut bra has be laughing and I think that's the best way for him to get some relaxation. (110 words +2 TPE)

17. Point Tasks were a bit of an issue for me this season. Unfortunately I had the issue of not really knowing where the PTs were as the portal helped navigate for the most part, but it didn't link back to the forum where the point tasks are. I wasn't informed by my team about the point tasks in general and when Naomi kept asking me if I had done my point tasks, I thought she had asked me if I had done my activity check and weekly training which I had. If there was any possibility of making it a little easier to find out when point tasks are due such as with a bot that could ping us that would be absolutely incredible for someone who unfortunately doesn't have the chance to look at the site all the time. I think just having a little something to help out people who unfortunately aren't well surrounded would be nice to make sure tasks get done. (165 words +3 TPE)

18. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3520722 +2 TPE

4 + 5 + 2 + 3 + 2 = 16/16 TPE

Gm pass

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

05-15-2024, 09:10 PMPyro182 Wrote: The S76 SMJHL Playoffs have begun, and it is time for Postseason Bonanza!

Wait! What's this?

Here's how PB will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can mix and match, complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like (up to 16 TPE). Recreates, you will find this slightly different than CW. 

Here's how TPE will be earned:

For every 50 words you write about a prompt, you will earn 1 TPE. That scales on, so 100 words for 2 TPE, 150 words for 3 TPE, etc. If you wanted to 800 words about one prompt, that would be 16 TPE right then and there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you can, please after every prompt you write about add a Word Count (ie. 150 words). This will greatly help the PT Team!

ONLY S76 SMJHL ROOKIES (S77 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE for Postseason Bonanza TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S77 SMJHL Draft, this TPE is not for you.

You may claim affiliation from an (one, 1) ISFL, PBE or SSL PT this season for a max of 3 TPE.  

Deadline: Sunday, June 2nd at 11:59PM PST

Without further ado, here are our prompts!

TEAM PROMPTS

Code:
1. Fan Appreciation Day
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.) Write a blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
I'm a believer in team panties. 
For the women, it will seduce the simple-minded neanderthals who love them, by conflating sex drive and team loyalty. For the men, if the team loses, they can wear the panties out of their choice of team loyalty or the creeping emasculating feeling of being out of the playoffs. (55 words)

Code:
2. Looking Towards the Future
As we near the end of S76, the SMJHL draft will be happening soon. Going into next season, what are your team's biggest needs and areas of strength? Do any holes need to be filled with call-ups? Do you have a position that is incredibly stacked? Give us all an overview of your team, from top to bottom.

Every team's biggest need is PETER. That's Peter Sarstedt. I didn't join the discord when creating my player. Result: only 3 GMs said hello. Fortunately, my peculiar writing style was recognized in my lone SHL article here by a teammate in another league. So Peter comes to Quebec.  Don't sleep on non-discord players, peeps! (54 words)

Code:
3. Secret Plans
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.
Learning to play hockey in British India, Peter was never all that experienced with ice. But no matter, there was the Kama Sutra to learn from. Peter will propose that the best possible 'Kama Sutra artists' be sent to the opposing locker room for at least an hour before each game, with one instruction: maximal caloric burn. (57 words)

Code:
5. Superlatives
Every team will always have that really funny/annoying/quirky player and personality. However, usually they can be the ones that really make sure the team gels together nicely. Come up with yearbook style superlatives to describe some of your fellow teammates.
As Peter Sarstedt wrote in his own song: "No more lollipops for you, whatcha gonna do!" - he knows none of his teammates for the moment. But when he supplies them with endless lollipops, he will ensure their friendship a their eventual diabetic comas, all in one fell swoop. What are teammates for? (52 words)

PLAYOFF PROMPTS

Code:
8. An Alternate Timeline
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

Code:
9. What's in a Name?
A player name is the first of many steps that mark the start of a new SHL career. From meme names, real life references and parodies of hockey players, there are a wonderful assortment of names that can be found throughout the league. Which player(s) have the best name and why?
Alas, I know no one here yet, so we only discuss my own player's name. Peter has that name for two reasons: one, he is the SHL version of the sixties and seventies weirdo chamber pop singer-songwriter Peter Sarstedt. Two, he's just Peter because apparently I'm incompetent at data entry on the player creation page. Oops. (56 words)

INDIVIDUAL PROMPTS

Code:
12. On the Radar
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S76 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?
Peter should not be drafted by any competent hockey team. Engaging him in conversation will cause damage to the scout's psyche and musical taste. The only hope of making good use of Peter on a hockey team is to encourage him to baffle opponents with an overwhelming sense of doubting reality. "I am a Cathedral", Peter sings. Is it a metaphor? Or is it REAL? (65 words)