Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 10:37 PM by jjlangabeer.)

This was an easy one for me, I don't think there is an easier decision then picking @.bojo as one of the funniest in the league. I was lucky enough to be on his first cup winning team as a GM and those were easily some of my favorite years in the SHL. I look forward to being around the site more and seeing more of him

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

In terms of the king of the trash talk, I don't think there is anyone more universally seen talking the talk as much as WBF. Makes sense since BUF is a madhouse, but still, WBF man...............calm son.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Best produced media: Smalinowski7

For Smallinowski and the whole SHN in general have been producing some of the best media i've seen in all my time on the site and it's always interesting to read

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

I think Assclap would be a fun person to drink with. He is pretty entertaining in our locker room and I imagine that he would be even more entertaining when he was drunk.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

I'm biased, but I'm going to have to be a homer here and disagree with Best Managed to shout out my own GMs in Edmonton, Keygan and TommySalami. They might not go for the flashiest moves every time, but they rarely lose a trade. The deal to move back in the S53 draft to get me ended up paying off when that extra first-round pick turned into Daniel Laforest, and the Blizzard are going into next season's draft with two first-round picks again after the trade back for Guy LeGrande, while still remaining a top contender through it all.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

While Mike Izzy is an amazing guy that I am proud to call my friend, my personal favourite user in the entire SHL would have to be @Muford he's a great guy and one I hope to have present at my wedding in the near future.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

I would want to have a drink with almost anyone in this league. Being on the newer side i have really enjoyed getting to know the people who have been around the league and learning the history of the league

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
I do not know if I would say that Izzy is my favorite, only because I have only talked to him a little when he was scouting me for SHL. The little bit that we talked, he seemed to be a great guy and one that I probably would get along with and write this differently saying, "Hell yeah he is!" To others he seems to be their favorite person on the site.
(73 words)

Most dedicated SHL user: luketd
I am for this. He is all over the site and always coming up with ideas on how to keep people interested and wanting to succeed on the site. Not only that he comes up with some great ideas that help the league in many ways, and I hope he continues to inspire and keep the ideas rolling.
(58 words)

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
I would be for this. You do not see their players getting suspended or getting in trouble with HO. They are disciplined and that comes from the front office and @WannabeFinn keeps them on a tight rope and cracks the whip over there! 
(43 words)

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
One hundred percent he is the number one and best trash talker in all the league! The man is smart and quick witted, which allows him to act fast to put people in their place for acting a fool! I hope I don't ever get on that side of @WannabeFinn for sure lol...
(53 words)

Best produced media: @"Smalinowski7"
I am all for this! Have you seen the media this guy has produced? It is great and so well detailed; you learn something after reading it! The amount of time they dedicate to their media pieces is unreal and I wish I could pay him to write me stuff lol...
(51 words)

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
I would be for this, but I have two quarrels with it. One I haven't listened to any others and only one episode of theirs, but my second quarrel comes from that one episode, when they said they had no idea who I was and I was drafted too high and they wouldn't of gone my player there. I was excited to listen to their podcast to hear their thoughts only to feel put down a little, but I came back strong with SimonT loving me and helping me out and winning Most Underrated Player the season after. I get it I know I was drafted too high, but did not have to do me like that lmao...
(118 words)

Best at graphics: Wasty

I am for this! He is amazing at what he does, and if you look all over the site you will see his work. I would love to get a sig from @Wasty just because they are so well done. Wasty also dedicates his time to all the graphics area and I even watched a video guide on how to do things in Photoshop from him and was amazed! Great job and keep it up!!
(75 words)

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 11:37 PM by AlwaysGettingHaxed.)

Funniest user onSHL: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

I will have to go against the funniest SHL user in being @.bojo. His dad jokes and puns make me cringe every time, and was a small (very small) part of why I left West Kendall when I did. Not sure about Gecko, as I haven’t been on as much as I used to be, but he has to be funnier than .bojo.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Code:
Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

Against. I don't really personally have anything against Mike Izzy, I just don't really know him that well so there's no way for me to really be able to say that he's my favourite SHL user.

Code:
Most dedicated SHL user: luketd

Against. I love Luke and appreciate everything he does for the league, it really enhances the experience, but there are a lot of people like SDCore, DrunkenTeddy, and Kalakar who are just as dedicated and do much more important work.

Code:
Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Against. Once again I don't really have anything against Acsolap and while I do know him from being a J GM, I don't know him well enough to want to have a drink with him, I'd much rather take that drink with someone like SDCore or JNH.

Code:
Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

For. Hard to really argue against this one tbh. The Buffalo Stampede have had a competitive team for as long as Lallo Selman has existed and in that same time frame they've almost always had really high draft picks as well. Tomen and WBF do a great job at replenishing talent and shipping off extras for good picks.

Code:
Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

For, I guess. I can't really think of anyone else off the top of my head and Finn and the entire Stampede team usually do a great job at meme'ing and trash talking so I guess this one works.

Code:
Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

Against. I don't really know who I'd put for this one because I can't think of someone off the top of my head but at the same time I don't know bojo and geck enough to agree with this one.

Code:
Best produced media: Smalinowski7

For. I love his content so much. During the S52 playoffs, the first time he did his playoff series, I used to look forward to his updates. His content's evolved a lot and now he even writes with SHN/SJHN and everything he pumps out is usually high quality and interesting.

Code:
Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke

Against. So I'm starting to feel like a bit of a broken record but once again I really don't know them enough to agree. I don't listen to any podcasts because whenever I try my ADHD goes nuts so I don't really have an answer to this one.

Code:

For. This is a tough one because there are some really good artists on the site and I almost wanna say Karey is the best. Actually, I'll say they're tied. Karey and Wasty are the two best artists on the site, but I got two Wasty sigs so I'm gonna agree with this one and say that Wasty is the best.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

I don't think many people can really argue with this one. Yes many users are also very good at graphics, but Wasty's are consistently very good. I always enjoy what he does, and I feel very lucky to have two sigs from him.

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]