Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 10:34 AM by hotdog.)

Near the end of S53, @"luketd" published the results of the newest version of the SHL Player Poll, which asked SHL users to submit responses to a host of different questions. For this season's version of make the case, your task is to argue FOR or AGAINST any of the category winners in the poll, which are listed below. If you think the first place winner really deserves that title, make the case why; if you think someone else truly deserves the crown, make the case why. Or, if there's another category you think should be included in the next version of the player poll, make a pitch for it.

Code:
Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
Most dedicated SHL user: luketd
Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap
Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
Best produced media: Smalinowski7
Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
Best at graphics: Wasty
For meeting the 25+ word requirement, you will receive 1 TPE. 8-10 members who go above and beyond on this task will be selected as Participation+ members and will receive an additional bonus 1 TPE.

Deadline: Sunday, June 14th at 11:59 PM ET

This PT is for SHL players and senddowns only; it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 10:59 PM by Zomp.)

Code:

I don't think that there's any doubting that Wasty is the best at graphics on the site. This claim is easily supported by the fact that he always receives 5/5 ratings on all the signatures he does. On top of that, he's one of those members that other's ask him questions to try and improve their own skills.

damn b2b WFT shoutouts and no extra tpe Sad lmao.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I would definitely argue in favor of Mike Izzy (@Mike Izzy) being the favorite SHL user.  The guy simply goes well out of his way to make anyone and everyone feel welcome and encouraged to stick around within our SHL universe.  He's a veteran of the site, well knowledgeable in a metric ton of information on processes and history of the site....and he makes some pretty sweet promo videos as well.

06-11-2020, 09:50 AMluketd Wrote: damn b2b WFT shoutouts and no extra tpe Sad lmao.

u r on the team

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

I don't interact with Izzy a lot. I can see why people pick them as their favourite. On the other hand, he's kinda weird sometimes as well. But maybe that's a good thing. He's not my favourite tho, so I'm going with against on this one.

Quote:Most dedicated SHL user: luketd

Founded the SHN, is a GM, does like a shitton of other things including this player poll and a pretty decent podcast. I can't not agree with this.

Quote:Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Again, someone I don't really talk to usually. If he drinks, I'll drink with him tho. It probably beats drinking alone.

Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

*checks last seasons' cup winner* Should be Hammie. Not top of the table in TPE, but managed to win the cup nonetheless.

Quote:Best trash talker: WannabeFinn

Nobody talks trash like WBF. Always more funny than hurtful, this guy is the king of chirping.

Quote:Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

These aren't the same person are they? Both are funny, but we need a tie breaker here. Going off of their names, I'm definitely siding with Gecko on this one.

Quote:Best produced media: Smalinowski7

I want to nominate all of the SHN/SJHN for this one. That group produces so much quality media on a consistent basis, it's ridiculous.

Quote:Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke

Airs frequently, know what they're talking about and don't drown you in useless details. I listen to it every time a new episode drops.

Quote:Best at graphics: Wasty

Made one of my first sig images. Every image Wasty touches turns into gold.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

How the fuck can anyone argue against @Acsolap for most likely to share a beer with? I cannot legally drink where I live but I'd gladly share a beer with Ass because he's arguably one of the funniest users on the site and I guarantee he'd have some of the best drunk stories known to man. And he's a Kiwi so I bet he could have a lot of alcohol too.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I know for a fact that this good cunt @Acsolap right here will buy you a beer and then straight up drink it with you, even if you don't bother to turn up! Willing to meet strange internet people from different countries and have his hopes dashed. Fucken oath I'd drink with this cobber.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Code:
FOR

I was in the graphics grading team and when you would see Wasty post, you would get excited to check it out. There are good members at graphics, and some great members aswell that are close to Wasty right now. But I think he is in control of that spot for a while. Until someone can consistently out do his GFX, he will remain the best graphics member here for a long time

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 11:09 AM by bluesfan55.)

06-11-2020, 10:34 AMBruins10 Wrote:
Code:
FOR

I was in the graphics grading team and when you would see Wasty post, you would get excited to check it out. There are good members at graphics, and some great members aswell that are close to Wasty right now. But I think he is in control of that spot for a while. Until someone can consistently out do his GFX, he will remain the best graphics member here for a long time

AGAINST

I personally think Karey is the best at graphics on the site. His crown jewel for me was his redesign of an already decent Blizzard logo. Arguably my favorite current logo is the Blizzard one he made. The way he's handled brands as a whole site-wide has been fantastic.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
kek how on earth is Izzy the SHLs favourite user? He makes videos? Whoop dee doo. This is also the user that has made numerous remarks about people wth disabilites, as well as telling a muslim to go cook himself some bacon. Sure SHL, you do you, but this aint it.

Most dedicated SHL user: luketd
lmao this is as 'for' as you can get. Nobody competes. Luke has completely fixed the history department, created the SHN and SJHN, is a GM, and constantly puts out media pieces.

Ahh I've never really interacted with Assclap, so can't lean one way or the other. Heard good things though, so maybe if he buys? I think I'd still rather drink w WBF.

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
I take back what I said about Luke, this is as 'for' something as one can be. Did everyone forget BUF has another top 5 pick coming in S57 thanks to BAL?

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
WBF not even the best trash talker in Buffalo lol Traut and I live rent-free in the penthouse of Lee's head.

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
Ahhhhh idk. This place has too many boomers jokesters to choose just one.

Best produced media: Smalinowski7
This aint even close. Even the SHN and SJHN cant compete.

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
Can't say I really listen to podcasts, so I'll give this one two thumbs up.

I do love the work Wasty does, but I'm gonna be a bit of a homer and say I disagree on this one, mostly cause I love karey and the work he does. He's helped create some of the best brands on site, and so I'll give him the nod here for best graphics.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2020, 10:47 AM by notoriousTRON.)

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
FOR
I haven't interacted with him much but he seems like a good pick. I won't argue with this one. He's always commenting on new users posts to make them feel welcome.
Quote:Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd
FOR
Again, I think the SHL hive mind picked this one correctly and I don't have beef with it. Luke does his podcast with Rich and is also the league historian and a GM and a bunch of other things. When I reached out to him for some help on a side project he didn't even bat an eye before jumping in to help me out.
Quote:Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap
AGAINST
I don't know Acsolap well so I'll argue for people that I do know well. My S52 group of @Geekusoid, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @Mutedfaith, @RedCapeDiver, and @"Jakub" are always a good time to chat with and it would be fun to have a drink with them.
Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede
AGAINST
Have to disagree with this one too. Call it a homer pick if you want but @ml002 is about to lead Toronto's young core to the top of the league. ML is a great drafter and has built the LR from no one but him and Carpy to an active and young group who is on discord daily talking about anything and everything.
Quote:Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
AGAINST
I can only speak from experience here, but I have to go with my SHL 'rival' here and name Mutedfaith. He's a much better trash talker than me so I guess I'll just have to rely on my on ice performance and hardware wins to do the talking. It has so far.
Quote:Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
AGAINST
I've met a lot of people on the site who make me laugh but @StamkosFan has made a name for himself with his SHL Onion articles. He knows a lot about league history and uses them to take solid shots at teams and users.
Quote:Best produced media: Smalinowski7
AGAINST
Embarrassingly, I haven't had a lot of time to be reading a lot of media lately, so I'm a little out of the loop on who is doing great stuff. But one user that always stands out to me is @sve7en. I'm a big fan of his Player Tribune style articles on his player and I also love the hockey night show that he appears on as well!
Quote:Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
FOR
Won't argue with this one. This was my vote. These are definitely two of the most dedicated users on the site and they're in the loop with a lot of what's going on in the league. Luke being the historian helps the content be in depth and adds great context for newer users who know less about the league's history.
Quote:Best at graphics: Wasty
AGAINST
No disrespect to Wasty, who I admittedly have never asked for a sig or graphic, but @Carpy48 does the best graphics work on the site in my opinion. He consistently cranks out high quality sigs for anyone who asks and always hits them out of the park.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

"Best-Managed Team: Buffalo Stampede"

Against. Managed well, sure, though I'd say that distinction goes to Calgary. Year in and year out, even if they don't make the postseason, I can't recall a time where they were far and away terrible and out of contention. They're akin to the Yankees - built to always compete with the resource management to keep them in. And especially here, if you can get into the postseason, anything can happen.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

I feel like another category like "Most Helpful User" would be great, there are so many people on the site guiding others through the process of creating players, updating, and such, I'm curious who people would view as the most helpful.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
Most dedicated SHL sser: luketd
AGAINST: Since this was teddy's quiz, I'd expect nothing less from the most dedicated SHL user than to rig the "Favorite SHL user" question, or any/all of them to be frank, for him. A truly dedicated user would submit a results list of only his name. Shameful.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget