Create Account

S71 PT#5: That's a Wrap

Hooray, we're not moving to Saskatoon! Honestly dude I probably couldn't even pick out Saskatoon on a map. It'd be like asking me to point out Omaha Nebraska, like yeah I know it exists but I couldn't even find it. So it's great that now we just have to go to the main arena, like an actual professional! My recommendation for opening night would be to something back to the basics! Make it a simple celebration with a few words said for the team and the environment, after all it's the fans that we're here for. We should probably also thank the community that welcomed us in for our break period, and all the memories we made there. Other than that it'd probably need to thank the city and sponsors that let us be at our new arena. There were a lot of moving parts to fit properly so it was a herculean effort that everyone should get credit for

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Hai Nam Hoang knows, more than most, that wearing too many hats can quickly lead to you wearing no hats at all. Politely declining the opportunity would be important, due to the nature of Hoang's commitment to the team. It's his job to play, and to help the team's social impact. That's what he's paid to do, it's what he's been good at for his entire career, and it's what he's comfortable doing. No one would deny it's what he's meant to do in Minnesota. The best thing for the organization is to find a consultant who ensures the job is being done and is entirely focused on that job. Let Hoang stick to the stuff he's good at. Besides, Hoang's not really a fan of wearing a lot of hats, or any hats, for that matter.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Finally the Saskatoon arena was built. And a big event was going to be in place. In the college arena, the team always enjoyed to wait for all the fans to go away and try to play ultimate frisbee or try to play golf with their hockey sticks so they really hoped the "planners" would somehow fit that into play. The event would take place right outside of their new arena, and the rinks outside of it. The place would light up whole city until midnight and the event would start at 5. Finally the clock, the digital or old struck 5. All the fans, haters and players all gathered around the place and was going to be surprised. The events were a whole football field of a place to play some frisbee or field hockey if the people didn't hog the place, there was a skating park just for boring figure skaters going smooch smooch with their partners, and connected to the rink was another rink just for hockey. The players signed jerseys for the sweet fans and cursed at the haters. They participated for some hours at frisbee and the rinks until the haters were too overpowering and everyone left.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

tommy wwestbrook but this time i upd is just so happy that he doesnt have to go to a new bad arena and instead gets a new cool arena he is so thrilled. this arena has a silly lilttle event that tommy westbrook has to partake in that makes him stand up a little tight and he gets a little bit scared. that event is called hot dog mondays. every monday hammilton does hot dogs to all its fans that show up but also the players also have to eat hot dogs with the fans. tommy westbrook but this time i upd hates hot dogs so much so this event is not exactly what you would call a good time for him but he still puts a bunch of them in his mouth to make all the fans happy., oh the things that you do for all your local hockey fans am i right>?

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Brother it is easy. Either give me a side contract as a consultant, or piss off. I am not here to be good for the media and avoid cocaine, so you do not have to deal with drama off the ice. My job is to get in, play the game, and win games. The less you want me to do outside of that to avoid trouble, which is only your problem not mine, or the more you want to put on my plate, you gotta open that checkbook and write a fat one. With at least SEVEN zeros after the leading digit. Cocaine isn't cheap you know. Neither is booze. Or hanging out with Victoria's Secret angels. But I get a kick out of it. So either I do that and you piss off, or you pay me to stay home and be miserable. Your choice. Not like you can afford to lose the biggest personality on the team, but anyway.

ISFL affiliate

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2023, 11:50 PM by Hallsy. Edited 1 time in total.)

i am sad that we are not moving to saskatoon and becoming the saskatoon berries. this is so fucked up, i think @Briedaqueduc is behind this and he should be yelled at for doing this. Hamilton to saskatoon would be an upgrade in my mind as hamilton is a smelly city filled with people that suck and saskatoon is in a nice river valley u know and it has a good vibe about the city i think personally. The river valley is quite nice and i didnt think this was my mpt at all and thats not the reason why I left it at 25 words there and made a post. Wide peepo happy 3 koivu would fill at home in saskatoon and it would have been a great place to play hockey in. people forget that there is a rink in every small fuckin village in saskatchewan and I think hockey could work there and be a massive hit. could be like the green bay packers type vibe.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Man, this contract stuff is so damn confusing. I mean, I dropped out of high school, and now I'm supposed to be some expert on what's in my job description? Give me a break So, my owner comes up to me, talking 'bout all these off-ice promotional things that ain't even in my contract. Like, seriously? I'm just here to play hockey, man. I can't even read half of this legal mumbo-jumbo.
But I ain't no pushover, you know? I may not be the brightest bulb, but I got my own way of handling things. So, I walk up to my owner, and I'm like, "Look, man, I ain't no event planner or politician. I'm just a player. Let me do my thing on the ice, and you do yours off it."
I might not have used the fanciest words or been all polite, but I made my point clear. If he wants me to do all that extra stuff, he better start paying me like a consultant. Otherwise, I'm just gonna focus on scoring goals and let the rest sort itself out. 190 words

There’s a difference between input from the team’s players and being a consultant for a stadium arena or team promotions.  For me, what would distinguish this would be intent from whoever is asking for my input, be it the owner or team President.  If the intent was for a personal flair or earnest outreach to the community such as a Pride Night or community drive, I’d be willing to give input.  If it’s something like asking what they should do to avoid relocation, or stadium amenities outside of those that concern me (eg. ice quality, training/practice rooms, study rooms, etc), or how to boost the team’s popularity, no.  The latter would just be a plain consultant and the owner or President could easily hire a consulting firm or agent with little cost, as well as much better results in all likelihood.  Me refusing would be private unless the owner/President were to continue or make it an obligation

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

In the Toronto arena, the heart and soul of the league, the main character vibes are through the entire roof of the metaphorical league, we are the ones that every one looks at and up to and wants to know what we are doing, well I will tell you what we are doing. For our opening game, our home opener if you will, we are going to be having a festival on the ice before puck drop. Players will be swallowing swords that are on fire, juggling knives, taming and playing with lions, sitting on a bear riding a unicycle all while, the entire time, in their full gear, pads and all, holding on to their sticks, and wearing their skates. Naturally some of us will die or be gravely injured, but that is what the fans want to see and it will surely be a sell out crowd and there will no longer be any threats of relocation.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

In order to make this the most enticing and surprising even possible, what was proposed was that the team forgo sharing the news that they will not be moving. Instead it'll be kept secret from fans, media and even large numbers of individuals on the team. Instead what will be held is a final goodbye with fans being allowed in to the arena with no cost to tickets, as a way of memorializing their time and experience with the team and for the team to honor their time in the city.

Of course given that this is all meant to be a surprise, the team will lean in hard about the good times and how they appreciated being part of the city as part of its cup runs. And at the end of it all, just a quick "just kidding" to capture the absolute stun on these fans faces.

They'll never trust the team again but at least they'll be happy that they're sticking around.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Creative Prompt

To unveil the fancy new arena on the lake in Chicago, the Syndicate organization will have an opening night celebration unlike any other. The plan is to open the arena in the middle of winter so that the surrounding lake will be frozen over. The organization will ensure that ice levels are thick enough to safely set up small shops and such around the arena and open it all to the public as a Syndicate themed market you can skate around. There will be inflatable projection screens to showcase the opening night game against the New Orleans Specters and plenty of fireplaces to keep the fans warm while they watch. Meanwhile in the arena itself, there will be a music and light show on the surface of the ice before the start of the game. It will involve state of the art holographic technology to really sell the fact that the lake lies directly below the surface of the ice while also showing off the high end freezing technology that allows the arena to stay in place safely on the lake.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Player Prompt:

I think Jonas would start by leaving a message with the GM to meet Joans at his stall. this would be to assert authority on the situation, although extremely unnecessary, joans would like to do anyways just due to the ridiculousness of the situation alone. When the gm finally came to meet with joans about it, Joans would let them know that what they were being asked to do was absolutely outrageous and that the gm should be hiring some sort of committee to do these types of jobs. While joans may be a creative genius on the ice, he was not so creative when it came to these sorts of things, nor did he want to be creative enough to command responsibility of it. The time committment would take away from joans personal life and he needs to be well rested for his games. All this would be conveyed with a quick "piss off m8"

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

The Kirkby family has been involved in the simulation hockey league for around thirty seasons now. As a result they have accumulated a lot of contract money over the years as well as being compulsive but pretty successful gamblers they have managed to build up a sizable nest egg despite the absolutely exorbitant costs of equipment in the league. Therefore Red Kirkby has no need of a consultant contract and has no interest at all in helping the team promote or fund raise for a stadium. Being one of the star players on his team it was quite easy for him to lay down an ultimatum to the owner and as far as he is concerned he will not be involved in anything that is not directly related to playing for the Forge in the future. Interviews are ok, playing is obviously ok, fan days are ok but he will not be doing anything else extra corricular and the owner knows it.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]