Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

So these aliens have decided that they are desperate to learn the sport of hockey as it is a necessity for their species continued evolution towards universal dominance, and they have decided that joans should be the one to show them the ropes to this sporting activity. Joans happily obliges and starts with the most important skill in hockey: skating. Joans could already tell that this was going to be a bit of a challenge for him to teach because these aliens had three legs. He wondered if it would be an asset or a hindrance in the long run. He figured the third leg would definitely help a lot for balance when learning to skate but good lord, imagine the increase in tripping penalties! The rest would be the same, however he decided to start them all out with wearing full faceshields to protect their faces since they were all new and would not have the issue of it being an annoyance from having played without a face shield before.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Scott Seitz's preseason routine is a bit unorthodox compared to most players out there. After a long off season of catching up with friends and family and working out he really likes to ease into the season and he makes sure every team he's on knows this. Sometimes they might think it's because he's a lazy or unmotivated player but it's actually because he's incredibly superstitious. In his first season in the German Jr league at age 16 Scott got really bad food poisoning the day before training camp started. As such he was unable to participate in lots of team workouts and most of the preseason games. Despite this when the season started he was ready to go, and boy was he ready. He started off with 2 goals and an assist in the season opener and after that the hot streak continued to a 7 game point streak. After that season he has made it his goal to recreate it as much as possible, besides giving himself food poisoning.

Quote:Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between? (150+ words)

Aleksi Kettu knows by this point in his career that a roster spot is fairly locked in, but that doesn't mean that he just "skates by" during the preseason. So while Kettu isn't worried about losing a roster spot, he sure is worried about not starting the season on the right foot. So he might not be putting 100% effort into each preseason backcheck, and he might attempt to avoid full on hits during the preseason, but he's always looking for the right play to make. Where's the right pass? Stickcheck, or stick with the body for just a little longer? Take the shot or make the pass? As a veteran on the team, Kettu is also trying to look out for the young guns on the roster. The preseason might not be a time where players take it 100% seriously, but it is the time to make your mark on the rest of the roster and coaching staff that you mean business. The sooner the young guns figure that out, the sooner the team will catapult from a middling team to a true contender.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

The year was 2023, and the world had changed in ways nobody could have imagined. After a bizarre cosmic event, Earth made contact with an advanced extraterrestrial civilization from a distant galaxy. Curiosity brought the aliens to explore various aspects of human culture, including sports. And that's when Defenseman Tommi Koivu of the Hamilton Steelhawks stepped onto an intergalactic stage. Tommi, always known for his friendly demeanor and open-mindedness, embraced the opportunity to teach the aliens how to play hockey. He saw it as a chance to bridge the gap between worlds, using the universal language of sports. The Hamilton Steelhawks arena was filled with a mixture of humans and aliens, their diverse forms and colors reflecting the beauty of unity. Tommi started with the basics, explaining the rules, the equipment, and the objective of the game. The aliens, in their peculiar yet fascinating appearances, listened attentively, eager to learn. The first practice session was unlike any Tommi had experienced. The aliens' abilities varied, some displaying remarkable speed, others astonishing agility. They adapted their unique physiology to the game, and their enthusiasm was infectious. Tommi encouraged each player, appreciating their efforts and offering guidance to improve their skills.

[Image: rotti.gif]

ISFL Affiliate
Different Forum username: footballiscool

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

As an top rated player in SHL, my preseason routine is absolutely crucial for getting in top shape and preparing for the upcoming season. Each day starts bright and early with intense conditioning drills to build up my endurance and stamina. I hit the gym for some serious strength training, focusing on explosive power and core stability. Of course, I can't forget about the ice time! I spend hours honing my skating skills, working on puck control, and perfecting my shooting accuracy. Recovery is key, so I make sure to take ice baths, stretch, and get some massage therapy to prevent any pesky injuries. And let's not forget about nutrition! I fuel my body with lean proteins, complex carbs, and plenty of hydration. Mental preparation is just as important, so I dedicate time to visualization exercises and studying game strategies. Preseason is a grind, my friend, but it sets the foundation for a successful season ahead!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

CREATIVE PROMPT

As DAD does not want the aliens to think that humans are dangerous for them and that they would want to get rid of them and be mean, he will welcome them very kindly and be the best host for them. He will welcome them at his house and he will offered them the best food of Texas. As they enter DAD’s house, the aliens see that his house is decorated with a lot of hockey stuff and they seems very interested in that. DAD’s explaining the creation of our national sport and how it is played : stick, puck, ice, skates and goals. DAD invites the aliens to the local outdoor rink and buys a pair of skates for the three of them plus a stick. He’s showing the aliens how to skate first, then how to handle a stick. After every lesson, DAD combines the last lesson with the new one so the aliens, at the end, will actually be able to do a full exercice with a shot on goal.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

Adam Liebold preps for the season by golfing as much as possible. He is on the course playing at least 4 times a week. He keeps his competitive edge by betting on the rounds with his teammates and golf buddies. After golf he makes sure to get a good workout in to stay strong and in shape for the season. He wants to make sure he has a long career with the Baltimore Platoon so he is taking care of his body. By staying active and eating healthy. He does endulge when his friends are around and will have a couple drinks with them, but he tries to keep that to only a couple nights a week. He tries to get a lot of sleep to keey his body rested and to prevent injury. The biggest thing that he likes to do while in the offseason is to see his family and relax. Since his first contract he made a tradition of bringing his whole family on a vacation so they all can relax and enjoy the nice weather together.

Foil Up Boys

[Image: iA4QWKo.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Hodor loves to teach, though his competency isn't as great as he'd prefer. He's not a smart man, but when he understands something he truly and deeply understands it. It's really a shame that most people can't get a hang of the complex nuances of his "hodor" language. For example, when Hodor describes how to skate forward, backward, and side to side it's a clear, "Hodor!" When Hodor talks about ramming into people using your bulk and, very briefly, squeezing them against the wall to rid their bodies of the aggression they so commonly have towards his team, it's a much more distinct, "Hodor!" It's totally different. Hodor got along great with the alien visitors, though, connecting over their shared experiences of having poor communication with other people. Hodor tried his best to teach them hockey, though they might now have known beforehand that's what he was doing and got startled when he charged them waving a stick around.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

On the eve of opening day, wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu enthusiastically accepts the challenge of teaching the extraterrestrial crew the intricacies of the sport "Ho'Kii." With a holographic projector, my player displays an interactive tutorial, explaining the fundamental rules, objectives, and strategies of the game. Demonstrating each move, they break down the game into segments, highlighting teamwork, precision, and strategy.

The aliens, though initially bewildered by the sport's complexities, prove to be remarkably quick learners. Their advanced analytical abilities allow them to grasp the nuances of Ho'Kii swiftly. As they practice alongside me their unique physiology enables them to perform astonishingly agile maneuvers, surprising everyone with their natural adaptability.

As opening day arrives, the extraterrestrial crew joins my player's team in a friendly match against a human team. Their newfound skills, combined with their otherworldly agility, make for an exhilarating match that captivates the audience. The experience becomes a memorable showcase of interspecies camaraderie and sportsmanship, as the aliens seamlessly blend their unique talents with the game's traditions.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Metzller took this off season very seriously to prep for pre-season. Being his rookie year, he knew he would have to put in a lot of work during the summer to be ready for the season. He worked with his personal trainer to come up with a program that aimed to add a few pounds but also increase his speed and agility. His average workout week consisted of 3 lifting days and 3 plyometric/running days. He came very well prepared into preseason ready to make a name for himself. He wanted to make his mark as a dependable defenseman who can be trusted to counter attack with the forwards. He knows he won't be getting first line minutes in his first year, but fully cementing himself as a 3rd line defenseman with potential for second line minutes later in the year weas his goal for the preseason. He wasn't going to slack off and possibly be the 7th defenseman on the team

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Now playing in his twenty sixth Simulation Hockey League season, the veteran Andreas Kvalheim is more than familiar with the grind of playing a full season of professional hockey. Pre season is certainly an important part of getting ready for the upcoming season, but as an established SHLer, Andreas is moreso focused on getting his mind and body ready rather than fighting for a roster spot. While he is certainly not coasting through the drills and pre season games, he certainly is not expending his full effort as he tries to ramp up towards opening night. Playing for a team that will struggle to even make the playoffs, Andreas knows he will need to give it his all during the regular season, and his training regime is geared towards being fully fit and functional during that time. There is no need to expend excess effort during the pre season and risk injury when the games do not matter.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Player Prompt

There is no such thing as a preseason routine for me. Don't get me wrong, preseason is not like regular season, but it is still preparation for the important regular season games. So I get up and start my day as if we would have a regular season game. The fun part about this is, when you get to play against players that you know, that you played with and that you have contact with. It is not as if you would meet them on a regular season game, it really feels completely different. You get to have fun while you are on the ice against each other. This really stands out in those games. You don't hit as hard as you would, you don't always go the whole distance if you could, but you have fun on the ice rink. Preseason is fun season, never forget. But of course training and so on still shouldn't come short.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]