Create Account

S70 PT #5: The Grand Finale

PBE Affiliate - username is FTR

RIP Mac & 701

At the end of this season Jolmi Koivu definitely had a bit of an underwhelming season, especially when you look at how he performed in previous seasons. This season he finished with 11 goals and 31 assists for a total of 42 points, as well as a plus minus of -15. When you compare that to last season when he had 16 goals and 29 assists, with a plus minus of -46 its clear to see the differences between the seasons. Jolmi scored 3 less points overall in the season but improved his defensive numbers substantially, improving his plus minus by 29. Hopefully next season he can maintain this defensive improvement and score a career high in points. It is also worth noting that even though the Hamilton Steelhawks didn't make it very far in the playoffs, Jolmi Koivu was second in scoring on the team. He scored 2 goals and 5 assists in 6 games, the only player on the team who did better was Tommy Westbrook with 6 goals and two assists.
(175 words)

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

PLAYER PROMPT - Time for a season retrospective!
For Uskjal personally he feels alot of guilt since his post season performance was more than lackluster and even in the regular season one could make the point he looked like the odd man out at times. Uskjals game has always been different from most forwards but since he came into the league the potential some see in him remains yet to be realized. A positive note is that Uskjal turnover problems seem to have reduced, even in post season matches but his PK is still not up to league standards. The clearest weakness in his game remains his offensive skillset and while he has become a decent scorer he is miles behind other forwards of his class. There were a few memorable moments this season, Uskjal recorded his first 4 point game and even was able to gain some player of the match recognitions but to Uskjal the teams milestones matter far more and the improvement from last season to this years is noticeable and Uskjal hopes to help continue that trend.

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

isfl affil

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Sophie Bordeleau had a successful season by her standards, even if it didn't parlay into team success. She matched or exceeded all of her totals from last season, potting 30 goals on the way to a 79-point campaign, good for leading her team in scoring for the year. The only stat that she didn't like was an absurd 66 penalty minutes, one of the highest totals in the league. The Pride got off to a really hot start this season and looked like a good bet for the playoffs, but probably in part due to a huge slump by Sophie in the middle of the season, San Francisco missed the playoffs by four games. This upcoming season, Sophie heads to the Calgary Dragons after a huge trade, and she'll look to help keep the winning ways going in Cowtown as the team navigates the transition to a new manager and recovers from a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Seattle Argonauts.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Kahn pbe

The season went well. As far as how the team performed, we knew going into this season where we stand. As players, it is always frustrating to not go out and win every single game. Losing never gets comfortable. Yet, we are all trusting in the process and know that we have to suffer a little now so that we can prosper in the seasons to come and hopefully bring another championship back to Los Angeles. My player was 3rd in hits, an all-star and above 70 points for the season, so I am very happy with how that all played out. There is a lot of work to do and we will get busy this off-season when we aren’t playing international hockey. Though this season is over, there are a lot of memories that we will keep forever from this season. I am hoping that we have many more great seasons for some of the players going forward. Special thing we are building here.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

My player had a really good regular season, one of the top 10 in points, goals, and assists in the minors. It was a a big improvement from last season, and it was a good way to finish my career in the minors. The playoffs were not as successful, we were swept by the lower seed teem and I only had one assist. So that's pretty lame. But I broke the Colorado Raptors franchise record for goals, and shots on goal. Holding those records, for what I assume will only be a short while as league scoring shows no signs of slowing down, is honestly cooler to me than any kind of award, other than the championship of course. In spite of the post-season disappointment, I'm happy with how my last season in the minors went, and I'm excited to get things going in the big leagues. There's a long career ahead of me and it's just getting started

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

It's done. Your season is over, and with it your conflict with the staffer you've been dealing with all season. How did it end? Did he get fired as the scapegoat to appease the fans? Has the situation reduced to a simmer but will linger on for the future? Or did you make friends after all?

I won't lie it has been a challenging season for Tibuk. What started out well enough and has shown to have had some personal success on the ice has not translated as well off the ice. For those of you keeping up Tibuk has had a vendetta and rivalry going on with the Hot Dog vendor Darla. Tibuk had been circumventing Darla and her gnarly hot dogs by enjoying piping hot Pizza from Devon the Pizza Dude. However that came to a crashing halt when Devon started dating Darla. It has come to a boiling point where Tibuk cannot enjoy a tasty treat anywhere in the arena. What is the solution at this point? Continue this epic battle of egos? take a chance on diplomacy? find a common middle ground? or just maybe throw your weight around with the arena management considering Tibuk is the international multi million dollar goal keeper for the Kelowna Knights and Darla is a god damn hot dog vendor in section 315.

15 minutes later

Well Darla and Devon have now both been fired and permanently banned from the arena. "Seems almost poetic" Tibuk thought has he ate a hot dog wrapped in a pizza slice.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Quote:Written Task: It's done. Your season is over, and with it your conflict with the staffer you've been dealing with all season. How did it end? Did he get fired as the scapegoat to appease the fans? Has the situation reduced to a simmer but will linger on for the future? Or did you make friends after all? (150+ words)

It all started when in Jarrow's rookie season, the very second day at the Winnipeg Arena. He noticed that the automatic sliding door was ajar and a maintenance man (or rather janitor) was on a ladder attempting to fix it. Trying to be helpful by making friendly banter (at the time), Spack commented that maybe there was a penny stuck in the door causing it to break. This set off the janitors alarm bells and made him suspect Jarrow at which point he threatened to make his life a living hell if he does indeed find a penny in the track.
Later on, the janitor shows up to the dressing room holding what appears to be a penny and directly addresses Spack and says he knows what he did and it won't be forgotten. From that day on, the janitor has done everything in his power to hassle Jarrow. From mopping in front of Spacks stall and leaving excess water to "accidentally" tripping him with the mop.
Jarrow finally approached the janitor and came clean and admitted to dropping the penny by accident and having it roll into the track on his first day but was too embarrassed to say anything. The janitor admitted that he saw that and knew all along and was judging him on his character. Touching and not at all the relationship between JD and the janitor on Scrubs.

[ 235 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Player Prompt

Well I don't actually know team accomplishments well enough to judge how the Syndicate performed. I know we made the playoffs before getting knocked out, and in my honest opinion any playoff berth is a win when it comes to sim leagues. So going by that metric I consider the season a success on a team level, and especially with how enjoyable the locker room remains to be.

On a player level Dave finished tied for eighteenth in points, tied for eighteenth in goals, and tied for twenty-sixth in assists which are all good results in my book given there are so many forwards in the league. It was good enough for an All Star nod which is more than good enough for me. Compared to his previous seasons he set a new personal best in goals by six, and missed his previous points record by just three so super solid in that regard. His faceoff percentage was the worst of his career by a almost a full percentage point, but he did win over 500 so not sure if that is others being at faceoffs or him dropping in performance due to seeing more of them. Finally his game rating tied his best at 74, and he set a new personal best in offensive game rating at 72. All told no complaints.

Code:
Word Count: 223

creative prompt written

honestly i want to just be honest can you allow me to be honest just for the length of my point task response to the fifth point task of the seventieth season in the simulation hockey league? well to be honest i think we can honestly say that there was no beef or conflict at all between me and the staffer (the duck of the team, it has been rumoured that he is the 33x duck of the year) because it was all just a fabrication for the point tasks that i have had to write this season and so we never actually had any squabbles over the meals that we wanted to eat and it was all just made up so that i could write these stories and so the conclusion is that i am finally coming clean about it and telling everyone that reads these point tasks that there was no squabble! that is the grand finale! i hope the readers have enjoyed this @micool132 @hotdog @Jepox (i think?) @5ympathies (definitely not but i wanted to tag him anyway) @Z-Whiz

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Tell me about how your season went. Did you exceed expectations? Is regression starting to bite? Did you set a new career high? Did your team do better or worse? How did you factor there? What are your hopes for the playoffs - this year or next? (150+ words)

Damien Hirano had a decent season. It was a 90 season and currently running up to the next round of the playoffs and that in itself is saying something. I think we are having a decent time. My team is absolutely killing it every season. I think we have a real shot at the finals if we all buckle down and band together we can pull off the biggest heist in SMJHL history. Hijjacking the cup from juniors. Playoff wise Hirano has scored some goals got some apples he is really contributing to his team and it’s helping them go on a run. As for next season Hirano is going to push for 100 points. 99 goals 1 assist. Hirano is turning off his pass mode and absolutely killing it in the goal category. And playoff wise I pray for another cup. It’s hiranos last junior season before he gets called up to the Montreal patriots. I’m conclusion Hirano is going to be an absolute menace fore seasons to come!

170 words

Player Prompt

My season went... well, it came and it...went. Luckily I'm far away from regression, but my problem is mostly the 350 TPE cap right now. Management gave me more starts this season compared to my rookie season, but everything else was pretty much worse than last season, so unfortunately no improvement. At least the team did quite well despite all of that and we finished third in the regular season. I know with goalies it can be quite random sometimes, so at least my goalie partner helped the team to most of our wins. My hopes for the playoffs are always the same: to win a cup. We're still in the middle of the playoffs right now, but we already won against our first opponent (I played like half a game) and made it to the next round so that's something. Next season I'll be the starter so I can only really hope for a better season then.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]