Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-Rittz_Next_to_Nothing.jpg]

Rittz - Next to Nothing</div>

Explode: 4/5
-Rittz comes in his trademark flow here on this track and tears this beat apart. With a hard hitting flow, delivery, and lyrics, Rittz bursts onto the scene on this album with great bars like, "Write about the past, try to live in the moment / Same past where the happiness was the missing component". However, what does hold this track back are two things in particular. For one, I am not a huge fan of the hook. It is fine, but it just doesn't really feel like it fits musically with the verses. On top of that, through his southern accent and his quick pace, it was admittedly hard to understand Rittz at many times on this track, which is too bad.

Turn Down: 4/5
-In contrast to the hook on the first track, I love the hook here. Just gets me completely hyped and ready for this track. Rittz's flow and delivery here are great as usual and he does very well over what is solid production. Lyrically, the beginning of the second verse is my favorite portion. "Turn up, turn up / All they ever say is turn up / They know me all around the world, Australia to Europe / There’s levels to this shit, and I’m a different caliber of / MC, and you're the kind nobody's ever heard of / Don’t try to play the leader, Hannibal will murder Murdoch". In addition, this portion from the third verse is great, "You can listen to my first album / And see where some of these double time rappers got their whole style from". As a whole, this track is not necessarily extraordinary in any way, rather it has a lot of good parts that just make it a good track as a whole. Good start so far.

Also, just as a note, I love that he commented the lyrics on Rap Genius and at the end of his comment, it says "Sent from my iPhone". Rittz the type of dude to leave that at the end. Noooo.

Crown Royal: 3/5
-Rittz slows things down a bit for this track that is an ode to alcohol, in particular Crown Royale. The beat is solid and the hook is fine. In terms of Rittz, his flow and delivery are fine and the lyrics work well, but nothing about this track excites me or inspires me to write about it. Overall, the track is just kind of...a song. Its got nothing particularly bad about, it's just boring.

Laf: 4/5
-On the negative first, I don't really like the hook. Rittz goes hard on it for sure, but it just all seems very uninteresting and does nothing for me. However, luckily, that is the only negative. He goes in on the verses. I'd quote my favorite portion, but see no point in quoting the entire first verse. He rips other rappers to shreds on this track and flexes his muscles lyrically and shows just how smooth his flow and delivery can be. Overall, if this one did not have the hook it had, I would enjoy it more, but sadly, I cannot. Great, great verses on this one though.

Bounce (ft. Twista): 4/5
-Slowed down beat on this one and damn is it smooth. I love the little voice sample at the beginning of the track and hook, really sets the mood well for the track. For Rittz, I really love the lines, "Looking at the globe from up high, shots fired / Like Kennedy was riding by the Grassy Knoll" and "Bumping 8 Ball & MJG, from the outside looking in / I'm sitting on top of the world, but then again I kind of been lately / When I pull up in my Cadillac, my speakers got that rattle back". From Twista, "Biology of a pimp, it be in the DNA / To know what you thinking / I’m speaking to you like a psychic", really stood out to me. I don't think it's an amazing bar, but just really popped for me, I guess. From both, they both had good flow, delivery, and solid lyrics. As with the rest of this album, nothing truly extraordinary on this track and this album is shaping up to be a good album all the same so far.

Living a Dream (ft. Trae the Truth): 3.5/5
-Very, very nice beat on this one. Bumps nicely and is extremely easy to vibe to. Rittz also does very well on it and flows perfectly over it. Lyrically, he stays strong here with lines such as, "Im rappin I should be cracking inside of a crème brûlée / It's like I'm pinned against a cage, fightin' in the MMA" and "Other rappers, I'm not the dude booin' while you at bat / Cause I still got a pill problem / My dollar bills still got a film on 'em / Feeling like some loser trash". Trae the Truth comes in and drops a pretty normal verse. Nothing great, but just kind of there and ultimately feels like excess to the track unfortunately. Without that verse and a another Rittz verse instead, this one would be better.

In My Zone (ft. Mike Posner & B.o.B): 4.25/5
-Really digging Mike Posner's hook here. I love his collaborations with Rittz, as he always has extremely smooth hooks that work perfectly for the track and this one is no exception. I also love the writing on the hook. Works very well and his vocals on it are particularly strong. Lyrically, Rittz does well, with bars like, "Getting' paid doing music now, I'm putting' huge amounts / Inside a few accounts, I got a crew that's down / In case you wanna come and duke it out / If I was you, I'd throw the deuce and bounce / And we just blew an ounce / My hotel room looking like a hookah lounge", standing out to me in particular. His flow and delivery are also characteristically strong and while I do not always love what he says, his flow just always has my attention. On his guest verse, B.o.B turns back to his more hardcore rap days here. In particular, I love the way he delivers the lines, "A practitioner, practice until I master it / Passionate 'bout my adjectives, syllables so elaborate / Anything less to describe me is just inaccurate / You're a student of classes in which I am a graduate / Immaculate vernacular, Batmobile look like Dracula / Giving these boys the blues while telling these hoes to saddle up". The fact that Rittz was able to get a good verse out of B.o.B is worthy enough to give this track a good rating, haha. Overall, this track can count its success to the Posner hook and to the flow/delivery of the two rappers here.

Call 911: 4.5/5
-An incredibly dark track, Rittz flexes his storytelling abilities on this one as it paints a very, very clear and disturbing picture of the two situations he's describing. Honestly, it's bone chilling to listen to his verses and to the 911 calls on the track, like this seems more fit for a horror movie. The beat is perfect for this track and there is not much to say here, since I'm not about to quote stuff out of context. I really do love this track. Rittz does great and, most impressively, does a great job generating incredible imagery for this track.

Basket Case: 4.5/5
-A very personal track for Rittz, he says a lot of great and personal things on this one. In particular, the bars, "I'm my own worst critic and I gotta write a album / But I keep hating on myself, it's like I get obsessed / Cause I hate what I write, say something tight / I be thinking too much wondering what they gonna like" and "I ain't half as paid as you think, when I tell 'em what the price is / To get me on a record they act like it's too expensive just to pay me a G / And I'm starting to feel guilty / Cause I'm known as the guy who never quit and never gave up his dreams" really resonated with me. As a whole, the verses are all very good and I love the hook. The delivery is questionable, but the material on it is perfect and the lyrics of "I'm my own worst enemy the energy I have's a waste / Cause I use it battling myself cause I'm a basket case" and "Staring at this glass of whiskey, wishin' I would pass away / But I'm always wishing for the worst cause I'm a basket case" really hit me. As a whole, really good track here from Rittz as he shows everyone that being famous does not really much for you financially or emotionally.

Profit (ft. Yelawolf & Shawty Fatt): 3.25/5
-Hate, hate, hate the hook on this track. However, luckily, the verses are good. Love Yelawolf's flow in particular on this track and his delivery is smooth as hell as usual. He also got a chuckle out of me on the line, "Make a ping pong ball jealous of the bounce". I'm unfamiliar with Shawty Fatt, but he was good as well. He's certainly not as talented as either Yelawolf or Rittz, but he's just fine. From Rittz, he did fine on this track as well, in particular I love the line, "I’m like a great white shark in this aquarium". This was the first single released for this album and feels like it and feels like a reach for radio (I didn't look, but I doubt it quite reached that). I am not particularly fucking with it, but the verses were good and the beat was fine. I guess it just never really clicked for me.

Going Through Hell (ft. Mike Posner): 4.75/5
-Good God is the hook on this track smooth as hell. Thank you Mike Posner for singing one of my favorite hooks of the year. Holy cow is this hook amazing. I don't usually quote hooks, but I will this time: "Driving Cadillacs through the ATL / Trying to make it to Heaven / So I'm going through Hell / Nobody knows my pain / So my cup is full / I'm trying to make it to Heaven / So I'm going through Hell". Honestly, the verses take a backseat to this hook, but they do still warrant a mention of course, especially since Rittz is kicking some personal shit on this track with lines like, "Fighting with my girl, things are looking bad / I'm thinking she's fucking her ex and I just whooped his ass / My knuckles are bleeding all over the dash in my Cadillac" and "Hate when people preach, faithfully believe in Jesus / Recently The Devil won't leave me be / My lady just told me she pregnant and begging that we can keep The baby that she conceived / I wouldn't consider it, told her we got to get rid of it". Like, damn is stuff getting deep and personal and it's hard to not appreciate that. Due to the hook and the meaningful verses, this is the best song here.

Wish You Could: 4.5/5
-This beat fucking bangs. The minute it kicked in, it was impossible not to move at least a little bit to it. Man does this thing ever go hard. On top of that, Rittz murders it. Bars like "She known to twerk it like she working on the stripper pole / A playmate, face, body like a centerfold / I get her hooked, leave her squirming on my fishing pole / I get a stack of Benjamins up in a envelope" and "Haters, they don’t really want no beef, nah / Heaters turn a hater to a vegan, now beat it / I beat them up and leave them on the cement" work very well. On top of that, Rittz's delivery of the hook is perfect and keeps the pace and energy very high. As a whole, I wholeheartedly fuck with this track thanks to Rittz's flow, delivery, and this beat like damn son.

Blow: 4/5
-Boy does Rittz ever love cocaine. As with his last album, there has to be at least one track dedicated to his adventure with nose candy. The beat is nice on this track and Rittz does a great job flowing over it. In addition, while there is not much depth to go to when rapping about cocaine, Rittz does well lyrically and in particular with his flow and delivery. I don't love tracks entirely dedicated to drugs, but this one works well and this type of track is absolutely in Rittz's wheelhouse. He also does a great job capturing the struggle of being an addict at the end here, as he claims to not be an addict and that he doesn't need another line, right before he requests another. Undeniably powerful.

White Rapper: 4.5/5
-Great beat on this one that works perfectly for Rittz and he rips it apart as he touches on the struggles of being a white rapper and shows his ability to tells a story yet again. The lines, "Perform for 5 people, or 20 at best / Sending demo tapes to labels, a ton of rejects / A ton of fake record company execs saw my talent / And tried their best to convince me they had some to invest / And just wasting my time, phony managers scamming us / Girlfriend and family, the verdict unanimous / To "Stop rapping you piece of shit, it’s not happening / Now act white and grow up, are you trying to embarrass us?" really sum up the struggle he faced very well and are very much powerful, as you realize this is something that happens to 100's of new artists on a weekly basis. On this track, Rittz has a great flow, delivery, and his lyrics and storytelling ability are top-notch. Damn is this dude ever slept on.

Turning Up the Bottle: 4.5/5
-Another example of Rittz's storytelling, this one tells the story of a troubled couple, all summed in this perfectly elegant and beautiful hook, "Everything is bad, but it all seems OK / When we're turning up the bottle / Trying to see the sun but the sky seems so gray / Drowning in our sorrow / Oh, oh, o-oh / Turning up the bottle / Oh, oh, o-oh / Drowning in our sorrow". The beat is pretty much just a background noise here and the entire spotlight is focused on Rittz here and he captures that attention brilliantly with great lyrics, a touching and interesting story, and great flow and delivery. Very good closing track to what was a good album.

61.25/75 -> 4.08/5

After thinking his previous album, The Life and Times of Jonny Valiant, was one of the better albums of 2013, I was hoping that Rittz would live up to my newfound expectations on this album and deliver another good project. Overall, he absolutely did so and has left me satisfied. A stellar storyteller and a master of flow and delivery, Rittz continues to make me question why he is so slept on and why it took me so long to review this album. With great tracks like "Going Through Hell", "Wish You Could" and "White Rapper", Rittz absolutely delivers here, even though the first half is largely pretty lackluster and lacks a truly standout track. However, the great second half more than makes up for that.

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-Azealia_Banks_-_Broke_With_Expensi...r_2014.png]

Azealia Banks - Broke With Expensive Taste</div>

Idle Delilah: 4/5
-This beat is incredibly weird, but probably the least weird on this one. Typically, I do not necessarily like beats as found on this track, but here the all over the placeness of it is actually pretty enjoyable. It's incredibly easy to move to, which is a major plus. Azealia Banks' delivery of it is also strong and I really love the way she says her bars on this track. This is my intro project to her, in particular I love her delivery of lines like, "Oft' indeed a child, smiles at me cause I'm made of yarn / Dolly, me? Am I? I'll trade a dollar for ya dime, oh / Idlest Delilah". Lyrically, I really dug the lines, "He said, 'The puss deeper than the deep blue sea' / Indeed, the puss deeper than the three fugees". Flow-wise, Banks is also strong here and this makes this track generally pretty enjoyable.

Gimme a Chance: 3.5/5
-My main problem with this track is readily apparent early on as this track is flipped, in my mind. Instead of the beat taking kind of a background approach, it dominates this track and turns her bars into background noise essentially. The beat is too flashy at the wrong times and too attention hogging. However, lyrically, Azealia Banks undeniably goes in with lines like, "Started pushing her own bricks / Put on for her city, I pop in Metropolis" and "Money getting galore, cream cover the pores / Honey drip on ya jaw, Mami spittin' allure / I'mma get it for sure, getting it all / I'm dreaming it big, 2Pac it Shakur!" Overall, this is a solid track, but could have been better if the beat allowed her to take more of the spotlight.

Desperado: 3.75/5
-Really digging the jazzy portion at the beginning. This unsettling atmospheric beat is also pretty interesting and really does a good job making you somewhat uncomfortable. Her flow here is great and the main star of the track truly, though her lyrics are strong as well such as, "Looks and such, seductive strut / I be Aquafizzy or that Passion Punch / Or the Fashions Munch, but the fabric’s lush / You don't get the access; none / Spun him on my axis - Sun". Her delivery is strong as usual. However, the main negative for me is the hook. Just not really my thing and it kind of bums me out since I do really dig the verses.

JFK (ft. Theophilus London): 4.5/5
-Damn, her flow and delivery on that first verse is incredibly smooth and perfect. Silk ain't got nothing on this as she murders this fast paced beat. Her lyrics are on point and I would quote some of my favorite lines, but here, that'd be the whole thing. Theophilus London also does well on this beat, in particular I dug the line, "You boys Scooby and Doo, I’m really groovy and frost". The hook is also strong on this track and, unlike the one of the last track, really enhances the track and makes me like it all the much more. The beat is a quicker paced beat than the rest of the album, but keeps that unsettling atmospheric feel going and improves upon it.

212 (ft. Lazy Jay): 1.5/5
-Yeesh, not really digging the voice alterations on this track. Makes her sound psychotic (oh wait, she is). On top of that, her delivery of the second verse is strong, but it lacks energy. The beat is incredibly energetic and all of the place like the rest of the beats here, but her verse lacks any punch and, again, takes a backseat to the beat. On that topic, I hate the beat here. In addition, the hook is beyond dreadful and the voice alterations dropping off of it are ear grating. The only part I like about this track is the bridge, which is sung very well.

Wallace: 4.25/5
-This beat is entirely infectious and really requires at least some movement along with. A major improvement over the beat on the track before to say the least. On top of that, Azealia Banks does much better on this track, especially lyrically, in particular, "The Black-Cherry on her tickle when her breast undo / Ya lick the left one ya gotta lick the right one too, *****!" Which brings me to my point I've discovered about Azealia Banks, that I don't mind when she talks about sex. Some artists are so obvious about it and it just winds up sounding weird and creepy, but with her, she twists it nicely and makes those bars enjoyable. Finally, I really dug the singing and lyrics of the chorus on this one. Kudos.

Heavy Metal and Reflective: 2/5
-Never a huge fan when she uses this much voice alteration and this track is really no exception. Man is it ever annoying. I do dig the bars at times, such as, "With that hex witch / I could spit that prissy poem", but over this very unenjoyable and very fast beat, Banks gets swallowed up by mediocrity. Good flow, but again, the voice alteration sucks and the lyrics are not good enough to overcome that for me. As a whole, this one needed to be slowed down and her verses lengthened, as the whole vibe of this track turned me off entirely.

BBD: 3.25/5
-Ok, so this beat is hot, so it has that going for it, which is nice. Her verses struggle lyrically, but I can use my context clues to figure out she was not going for the most lyrical track ever, so that is not a major concern for me, especially considering her flow and delivery are so nice on this track and her lyrics do not fail to get you hyped like they should on a "banger". On the negative, the ending of the beat is a bit sketchier, what with the constant build ups and the weird bubbling type sounds. Over the verses and the beginning, it is dope, but the ending struggles. In addition, the hook sucks and is too simplistic for my taste, but I always hate hooks like this.

Ice Princess: 4.75/5
-From my first listen to this album, this song stood out to me. Azealia Banks goes fucking hard as hell on this track with lines like, "I’m so cold I’m dripping icicles / I go and take your man that ***** Might miss you / Spent his whole commission on my neck and ear / To stand around me need to have ya winter gear" and "Tell the carriage, hurry up and come and get me / Tell the haters run along you can miss me / Hollywood you can go and A-list me.. / I like a shot of hard whiskey..". And that's just the first verse. The start of the second verse with, "Her motives is frozen / Giving chill pill to them polars / Corrosive, the coldest, city is a tundra / Stay focused, No wonder, - Frigid princess come from / Cold cash and them ice chunks, Stone frost in my Celine pumps / Rolls-Royce, snow white-ups / Colder than December, diamonds on Anna Wintour / These glaciers glamour and glisten / Antarctic, it's like a blizzard, my jargon (is) / “fuck you i’m frigid” / Cool it down or get avalanched / Igloo’d cold-cased and bodied" is hype as fuck. As a whole, Azealia Banks murders this track with flow, delivery, and lyrics. The beat over the verses is also dope as fuck, though I am not a huge fan of the EDMish beat over the hook, though I do enjoy the singing of the hook. Ultimately, that beat switch is what keeps me from giving this one a 5.

Yung Rapunxel: 1.75/5
-The first track I ever heard from Azealia Banks, Yung Rapunxel made me not want to listen to this album. This continues my complaint that the beat takes front and center too much at times and this track is a great example. Banks does fine over the beat, but the annoying and too bombastic beat overshadows her energy-less verses. On top of that, the hook is absolute ass. Overall, this song is a huge step down from "Ice Princess", which is too bad. Right when I thought this album was gaining some momentum.

Soda: 4.5/5
-"A smile a guise / I'm trying to hide behind tired eyes, I sigh / I might survive the nighttime, I might die". Damn. The beat is just right on this one, though I admittedly do not love it, but it does what I want from a beat. It's not too attention grabbing, but still attention grabbing enough (if that makes sense at all) to the point where I recognize I don't like it, but it doesn't kill the song for me. On top of that, Azealia Banks does fantastic here. Everything she says here, I love in a different way, especially powerful lines like, "I'm trying to hide behind tired eyes, I sigh / I'm tired of trying to try not to cry".

Chasing Time: 4.25/5
-I love the poppy feel of this one. While all of the other tracks are incredibly grimy, this one kind of lightens the mood a bit and is a necessary track to have here. A very fast paced beat, this beat is incredibly easy to move to and is entirely infectious. Banks' flow and delivery here are also very strong as she rides that fast paced beat perfectly. Plus, her verses are packed with the energy to match that which the beat provides, which seems to be a first on this album! Lyrically, I really dig the closing lines here, "Time to myself, ventilation / No time for you, I lack the patience / And you’re like, “Girl, how you do that?" / My attitude is bitchy but you already knew that... / And since we can’t get along / I think we should both move on". Overall, not the strongest track here, but another step in the right direction for sure.

Luxury: 3.75/5
-Re-releasing a track from 2012? Boooooo. It is a nice track though. I really like the production on this song and then Banks' delivery is jam packed with swagger, especially on that nasty second verse of hers. Her flow is also very strong here as everything just drips out perfectly. Lyrically, she is just fine on this track, though her verses are incredibly short, which is a turn off for me here. Finally, the hook/chorus on this track is a good one. They're well-written and well performed to boot and, for me, it is the standout portion of this track. Slight knockdown for the re-release though. Like, the fuck is that shit?

Nude Beach A-Go-Go: 4/5
-Feels like I am listening to The Beach Boys here and not Azealia Banks, haha. Banks' singing on this track is strong and really enjoyable. She does exactly what she needs to do vocally here and matches the beat perfectly and flows very well on it. It is a shame this album got released in November, because this track just screams summer time and while it is not a lyrical feast for the eyes, it does deliver some good lines, such as, "Everybody goes where the roses bloom / Come and enjoy the living rooms / By the lifeguard station by the coral reef / Hallelujah, Heaven, Hell and all in between / There's no clothes to wear / And there's summer in her hair". Above all, this one is just an enjoyably infectious track that will not re-define rap, but is a nice track all the same.

Miss Amor: 4/5
-Man does Azealia Banks do a great job of creating tracks that are just entirely energetic and easy to move to. This one is no exception. Going at a quickened pace, it is very easy to vibe along to both the sung and rapped portions of this track. Her flow is great on this track, as is her delivery. Lyrically, this track is relatively non-descript as it is more about the beat and her flow here, so nothing really stands out to me in particular, especially because of lot of it is just ad-libbing anyways. Overall, another fun track here on this promising second half of the album.

Miss Camaraderie: 4/5
-So, I sound like a broken record by this point, but two things: One, I enjoyed the infectious beat on this track. Man is it ever easy to move to. Two, I really dig Azealia Banks' flow and delivery here, even if the lyrics are nothing to really pull out and say, "Oh boy I like this one!". Though, in saying that, I really dug the pre-chorus of, "Be around, to ride with miss camaraderie / A sight to see, a sound, what up-what iz you with Rottweil lemme get you…", as well as the lines, "A night a scene a town / A ride with Miss Camaraderie / An odyssey, oh, wow / Say what-what is you with / Rottweil, ima let you / In my house, Politer High Society, / Attire, tea, a style". Overall, this song is a microcosm of the entire album for me really.

57.75/80 -> 3.61/5

Full disclaimer: I hate Azealia Banks and all her stupid Twitter antics and her constant beefing with everybody under the sun. However, I cannot deny that this album has many strengths, though it certainly is not all positive. On the plus side, she certainly has a certain swagger about here that is evident in her flow and her delivery that make her very appealing. Her lyrics, when she is trying to be lyrical, is also enjoyable. Above all, however, is her ability to make a track that is just impossible not to move along to. Multiple times here, it was impossible not to feel the urge to dance along a little bit to the song. As an overall, tracks like "Ice Princess", "JFK", and "Soda", really stood out to me and made me appreciate Azealia Banks the artist a lot more than I expected to. In addition, I admire her risk taking with beats. A very unconventional sounding album, these beats are all over the place and force this album into fitting into just about 0 genres. It truly is rap, though, in the sense of rapping being the sum result of every genre that came before it and that is never more true than on Broke With Expensive Taste. However, this does come back to bite her at times, as some of the beats here are horrible and she also struggles on some of them, failing to match the energy brought by the beat and, thus, being swallowed by that beat and looking weak. As a whole, this is a solid debut album and I look forward to seeing what the future has in store for Ms. Banks, assuming she can keep her mouth shut for once.

Didn't like 212

What is life

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 24 2014, 05:16 PM
Didn't like 212

What is life

ya

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-Anomaly.jpeg]

Lecrae - Anomaly</div>

Outsiders: 4.75/5
-Man is this hook ever hot. Brilliant vocals from Novel on the hook and brilliant lyrics to boot. My boy Lecrae also goes in on this track with bars like, "Cause I'm tired of tryna get over there / Man it's over there / Party's over / You probably couldn't tell we over here / Cause you hardly sober / Double shots of that ego / They laughin' at us, yeah we know / May be at the bottom but we not forgotten / The director's plotting that sequel" and "Now I realize that I'm free / And I realize that I'm me / And I found out that I'm not alone / 'Cuz there's plenty people like me". Lecrae's lyrics are not the only thing going well for him here either, as his flow and delivery are on point on this track. The production is also very strong on what is a very good opening track that sets the stage of the album brilliantly. Lecrae knows he does not fit into the rap world and, well, that is just fine with him.

Welcome to America: 4.25/5
-"I was made in America / Land of the free, home of the brave / And right up under your nose / You might see a sex slave being traded / And we'll do anything for the money / Boy, a mama might sell her babies / Sell porn, sell pills / Anything to pay the bills / Anything to bring that pay". And just like that, Lecrae ethered America. Told from three separate perspectives, this is a very unique and interesting track that really strikes a chord. Good lyrics, flow, delivery, and message, here from Lecrae as expected, and on top of that, very good production yet again. The only thing I am not particularly enjoying is the hook. It's unique, sure, but maybe just a little bit too unique.

Say I Won’t (ft. Andy Mineo): 4.5/5
-Man are the verses on this track hot. "Was a slave for the cars, then we got free / Used to only wanna pull up in a black sport / Just a white man excelling in a black sport" and "Might swag out a fanny pack / I might bring Velour back / Nobody wanna change the game, man y'all just want more trap / Okay, say I won't rap over bagpipes / Say I won't talk about that price / To know Christ and live life like every night my last night" from Andy Mineo are great, while "Boys cover them cover girls like mascara" and "When I was younger, I just wanted a chain / Now a chain of events has afforded a change" from Lecrae are great as well. Overall, great lyrics on this one, coupled with great flow and delivery from both rappers. Good production and a solid hook help to complete what is yet another good song.

Nuthin’: 5/5
"They be talking 'bout the same old thing / Imma have to call a foul in the game / What you talking 'bout / A little money now you all OG / Talking 'bout it's all eyes on me / They ain't talking 'bout nuthin". If Lecrae wanted to go all Hopsin and diss everybody, he could truly ether everybody. Dayum son. He doesn't stop there, adding in great lines like, "The truth is for a few designer labels and a little bit of paper now you 12 years slaving / Hey but you ain't Lupita / So why you beat up and pushing people to lean on a double cup / And a seizure". RIP. I would also quote some stuff from his second verse, but since the whole verse stood out to me, why don't ya go and peep that one? Overall, damn does Lecrae goes in this track. Hot production here and a hot hook make this track a true standout as Lecrae takes no prisoners here.

Fear: 5/5
-Accompanied by an almost eerie beat, this one, which Lecrae rips apart with bars like "Time is takin' its toll / 45 on the back of the jersey upon yo' soul / I'm scared of letting go / I don't know what the future holds / My nightmares are having nightmares". Also, I really dug his delivery of the lines, "In high school we tried to act all tough / I remember a couple times I couldn't back that up / Like when I ran from them vatos / Scuffin' up my zapatos". Overall, I will keep my write up of this track short since I'll just keep sounding like a broken record if I don't stop for some tracks. Lecrae was great here and I really dug everything about this one.

Anomaly: 4.5/5
-"Before the foreign cars & the boring bars / Money money money sex drugs and the coroners / All this killin' but where the bodies at / All this money where the Bugattis at / But dig a lil deeper / And you'll find another insecure man sittin' in a 2 seater / The same little boy that got beat up / Plenty pains in his past you could bring up / Nobody ever told him he could be more than he is / But inside he's a leader". Truly eye opening bars here on a very, very short track that I wish was much longer. Lecrae goes in on this one and then I love the outro. Overall, yet another success.

Timepiece: 4.75/5
-"Lights off / Ain't nobody watchin' me / I heard about the man in the sky / But he prolly fell asleep / And you say Audemars / Audemars, Audemars / But still don't know the time / That Son comes down from the stars". What a great, great hook. Love Lecrae's delivery of the hook as well with his rap sung vocals and all. He's also got some great bars on this one, such as, "Spent a whole lot of money on a watch / Ironic cuz I got it, but I hardly sit and watch the time tick by / I spend time tryna buy it to own time / I never thought that I was only wasting my own time" and "Can we blame the sins of a reverend for all our irreverence / Does my time spent on earth qualify me for heaven". Yet another example of Lecrae's great lyrics, along with his ability to deliver them in a way that is interesting and sounds good, while getting his message across.

Dirty Water: 4.25/5
-"Champagne, champagne, celebratin my campaign / I just dug a well in West Africa / But how many of my friends is African, huh?" and "Most segregated time of day is Sunday service / Now what you think that say about the God you worship?" pretty much ether Christianity from every angle and with good reason. He doesn't stop there, dropping bars like, "My kin was treated less than men / That's why we raised to hate each other, cause we hate our skin" and "Now we extreme, buying fancy things like gold chains / Just pretty shackles, we still enslaved / Put 'em round your neck, cuz we still hangin'". Coupled with these top-notch lyrics, the beat is solid (though I do not love it) and I like the hook, but again, do not love it. Luckily, the verses are just that good.

Wish: 5/5
-This song is just too real as Lecrae discusses how everyone has things they regret and wish they could go back and change. While not exactly an eye opening realization, the way Lecrae approaches this is brilliant and winds up in a track that is truly touching and moving in various ways. I won't quote any lyrics here, as they are best seen in context. I also love the hook and production on this track, as they truly just complete what is a great track.

Runners: 4.25/5
-The skit at the beginning of this track is honestly hilarious as Lecrae reveals that, yes, he too notices hot chicks, but don't go after them, because it's not worth the trouble it could bring you. This one is truly like listening to a story, as Lecrae flexes his storytelling abilities here very nicely as he paints a very clear picture of the situation he is touching on. The beat is solid and I like the hook as well. Great lyrics, flow, and delivery, from Lecrae continue the trend that makes this album so great. Now, I do not love this track as much as the others, but I would be lying if I said it was not still a very good song.

All I Need Is You: 5/5
-Nominated for a Grammy, this one is an ode to his wife and man is it ever touching with lines like, "You, ain't gotta question my allegiance / Cause the way you love me I could never leave ya, I need ya", "No condition that get a mention but you offered this / Unconditional love, I swear I sell it all for this / I'm tryna keep it together, forgive my awkwardness", and "You keep me cool in the summer / When they be dressing less and I be wanting to show off and stunt / There ain't nothing to want, you give me all that I need". The hook, "By my side, thick and thin / Highs and lows, don't let go / We gon' ride, we gon' win / Don't know how, all I know / (All I need is you)" is perfect and this song...man, there's so many songs that are damn near "perfect" to me on this album.

Give In (ft. Crystal Nicole): 4/5
-I am really digging the hook from Crystal Nicole here and honestly, it is the standout portion to me. I love her vocals on it here. Lecrae's lyrics are fine here and his flow and delivery work well, but compared to the rest, they kind of fall flat in a way, though he still has some great bars like, "Love's hard to find / When you blind and losing your way / And now ain’t nobody else for me, it’s just you / You got my time, all the time, everytime, my mind’s on you". However, after some truly awesome tracks, it is hard to not say that this one is kind of a let down, though still a good song.

Good, Bad, Ugly: 5/5
-Man...this song dude. Great storytelling on this track as Lecrae goes into some very personal topics, such as the abortion his college girlfriend had and being molested while in elementary school. The hook here is perfect for this song and completely moving as you can hear the emotion in the vocals, just like you can in Lecrae's voice. Truly powerful, this song is a powerhouse of emotion and shows just how talented Lecrae is.

Broken (ft. Kari Jobe): 5/5
-"I’m just a broken instrument in the hands of the Greatest / So if the notes are off it’s ‘cause I ain’t nothin’ to play with / And you can fault me, but ain’t we all off key / Majorin' in the minors like there ain’t no errors behind us". These are those bars you think of when asked the question, Well what rap lines really hit you?. Lecrae keeps the momentum going from the last track with yet another touching track on his imperfections and past mistakes, while this time asking God for forgiveness for those sins. And holy cow did I ever get chills on the hook, "All the pieces on the ground / I shattered all the dreams I thought I found / Can you put me back together? / I need your grace for my flaws / God I’m broken in this mess I’ve made / I need you to restore me". This may be one of my favorite songs of the year, let alone on this album. Great stuff from Lecrae, amazing hook, great production, and wow.

Messengers (ft. For King & Country): 5/5
-These songs here got that hook game on lock. Another brilliant hook on this one and brilliant stuff from Lecrae (was about to quote some bars, but wound up quoting his entire first verse, dammit). Lecrae rap sings on this track and does a great job doing it on what is a largely inspirational track. This is the kind of music that truly makes me love listening to music.

70.25/75 -> 4.68/5

The only album of 2014 that I would give a perfect rating to, Lecrae's latest effort is also my favorite work of his thus far as this one is truly amazing. Awesome lyrics, awesome hooks, awesome messages, and overall just a moving, beautiful, and touching, album that warms your heart and breaks it at the same time. Blessed with great production, Anomaly has so many tracks that immediately shot up near the top of my "Favorite Songs of 2014" like "Wish", "Good, Bad, Ugly", "Broken", and "Messengers". Of course, that is forgetting to mention other brilliant tracks like "Nuthin", "Fear", and "All I Need Is You". An album that I truly believe has no bad songs, Anomaly is my favorite album of 2014.

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-36_Seasons_album_cover.jpg]

Ghostface Killah - 36 Seasons</div>

The Battlefield (ft. Kool G Rap, AZ & Tre Williams): 4.75/5
-Hot beat on this one that sounds vintage New York, which I love. Kool G Rap goes in on this track with bars like, "Kids grown now, they cock rugers / Welcome back to the sewers / Where new whips maneuver / No kids playing, no safe and sound havens / There’s tre pound cases on the playground pavement / No more dudes with 22’s in their sneaker soles / Kids tote shit that leave your body with a heap of holes". Not to be outdone, AZ has some hot bars of his own such as, "I was gone, remembering though that fine line’s thin / So I studied that chessboard and we were all blind men". I'd also be remiss if I did not mention that Ghostface did his thang on this track as well. Overall, I love tracks like this with three MCs with some crazy bars just going in over a hot beat.

Love Don’t Live Here No More (ft. Kandace Springs): 4/5
-A story of a man returning home to his girl after 9 years in jail only to find out that she has moved on to another man after he never contacted his during his time locked up. The beat on this track is smooth as hell and the hook from Kandace Springs is just the right amount of emotional. As a story, I don't really like quoting from tracks like this, but Ghostface did his thing on this one. Really, the only negative for this one is the story. While told very well, I just don't love the story. Hot track otherwise though.

Here I Go Again (ft. AZ & Rell): 4.25/5
-I really, really love hook here, "Came up out the darkness, searching for light / I know home is where my heart is / And now nothing seems right / I tried to make peace and cut my losses / And carry on somehow / But I've come much too far, man / Too late to turn back now, here I go again". Ghostface does his thing here, but I really love AZ on this track, in particular the track, "And figure some other scheme to get cream, reign supreme". Been a quick minute since I heard some stuff from AZ and man has that minute ever been too long. Dude's still go it. Good beat, good hook, good verses, and good flow/delivery, from both artists on this one.

Loyalty (ft. Kool G Rap & Nems): 4.25/5
-No Ghostface on this track, rather it is all Kool G Rap and Nems, but even without GFK, this track is good. Short, but sweet. Good beat and both MC's went in. In particular, "A boss is a boss learn to respect loyalty / Run off with money get put down in the soil free" from Kool G Rap and "Live by the gun and put my life on the line / Anybody can get left bullets right through your mind" from Nems. Not too much here to dissect, but I like this one.

It’s a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (ft. The Revelations): NA/5
-Performed by The Revelations, who I am unfamiliar with, this one is a very smooth track that is a cover of the track of the same name by The Persuaders, so I will not rate it, but it is a very smooth cover. Love the vocals here.

The Dogs of War (ft. Shawn Wigs & Kool G Rap): 4.75/5
-"Toasty, roasty, they be like Ghost be crazy as shit / They fucking with the wrong one / Son of a gun, I make murdering fun / You took my baby, my block, and corrupted my hood / I'm a do it for my hometown, New York understood". These lines are cold as hell from Ghostface and I love it. For much of this track, he and Shawn Wigs trade bars and though I am largely unfamiliar with him, he did pretty well here and never really got too far outpaced by Ghostface. I also love the decision to give Kool G Rap a long ass verse at the end, considering what he did with the opportunity. "Them slugs hit the wall, I assassinated his shadow (damn) / At the train yard, my tires rollin' over gravel (yeah) / I hope I hear him step on the third rail and crackle / Now I'm hoppin' out the whip, gotta finish this" and "The ***** hit his mark right on top of my heart (aw, damn) / My whole chest went numb and the pain got sharp (down) / Fell face down on the ground, saw the Timberland mark / He bopped, swingin' the gun like a pendulum arm / The silencer on the shit was like a Michelin part / Then everything faded out, became of victim of Starks" really stood out to me on this one that is pretty much another story on this album. Truly great rapping and good production make this track anything but dull.

Emergency Procedure (ft. Pharoahe Monch): 4/5
-From here on out, the tracks on this one get a lot shorter, which is an interesting choice, but effective. Good beat on this one and then both Ghostface and Pharoahe Monch unsurprisingly drop hot verses as well. "I specialize in telekinesis, recognize the thesis
The leading expert on war, and weaponized diseases" from Monch in particular out to me, because like damn. That word play though. The line, "Adamantium plus Vibranium the fords fills your bill / Will shield your cranium" is also very dope. The hook from Ghostface is also good, which wraps up yet another solid entry here.

Double Cross (ft. AZ): 4.5/5
-Bars like, "I'm just here to question up minority / A thug drug pusher, violent man of deception / And you just happen to fit the description" are just too fucking real from Ghost. He does his thing here, love his lyrics, flow, and delivery. AZ's lyrics are dope as well, but I just really, really dug his flow on this track. He went over this beat and really murdered it. The production here is also good, but the most impressive part is that this track is just under two and a half minutes long. It seems like they managed to fit so much into such a short timeframe.

Bamboo’s Lament (ft. Kandace Springs): 3.75/5
-A solo track for Kandace Springs, there is not too much here to discuss, since she repeats the only verse twice and the hook twice, but I do enjoy her vocals. The beat is simplistic, yet enjoyable and the lyrics are fine, though certainly nothing that will knock your socks off. Overall, this one feels like an interlude, but it is enjoyable and incredibly easy to listen to.

Pieces to the Puzzle (ft. AZ): 3.75/5
-Continuing the story from the album as a whole, both Ghostface and AZ trade bars here and continue to show why they are two of the best doing it. Now, I guess I just cannot get into this one. What they are saying is interesting and their lyrics, flow, and delivery, are all dope, but eh, I don't know. This one never truly popped for me.

Homicide (ft. Nems & Shawn Wigs): 3.75/5
-"Skated off in the darkness of night / Left my callin' card on the body and said 'fuck your life'". Fuuuuck. Though this one goes a little over three minutes, there is not much here compared to the shorter tracks, other than more elements of the story, which are important obviously. However, of the two verses that are here, the lyrics, flow, and delivery, are good. But, this is another one, that just didn't click for me other than a couple of bars that popped out to me. Solid production, but not amazing either. Works well for the album though.

Blood in the Streets (ft. AZ): 4.25/5
-"Plot thickens, it’s all about the strategies / I look down in my bag and see a stack of cheese". Love the rhyming on this line. Really creative. This track finally pits GFK's character against AZ's and, well, spoilers. Don't want to quote anything since we're getting to the conclusion of the story here, but there are definitely some lines here that popped out to me and overall, this track had an air of excitement surrounding it for me. Good production, good lyrics, flow, and delivery.

Call My Name: 4.25/5
-Ahh I wish this track was longer. Love the hook here, "Call my name when you need me / I'll be there quick fast in a hurry / No need to worry / The all mighty GFK the master venger". Ghostface's delivery of it is perfect and his bars here, such as, "The government got you on strike by the visual / The TV the crack epidemic. The real drug dealers, fake cops is true apologetic" are dope. Overall, a solid closing track for Ghostface before the closing track of the album itself.

I Love You For All Seasons (ft. The Revelations): NA/5
-Not in the game of reviewing instrumentals, but this one is super chill and laid back. Feels like the music played over the ending credits, nahmean?

50.25/60 -> 4.19/5

Telling the story of a man returning home from jail after nine years locked up, only to find that things have changed significantly since he was sent away, 36 Seasons is yet another solid entry into Ghostface Killah's extensive discography. This one is certainly not perfect, but features some great rapping from Ghostface, Kool G Rap, and AZ, so no one can truly be too mad at that when you get these three MC's working together so frequently on the album. The main problem here is that since it is a concept album and the story flows as it does, it is kind of difficult to listen to this one out of order, but regardless, I will find a way, since there are some great tracks here such as "The Battlefield" and "The Dogs of War', which I really loved. The story really manages to come to life at numerous different points, thanks to Ghostface's ability to tackle a concept and bring it home.

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-Game_Blood_Moon_Year_of_the_Wolf.jpg]

The Game - Blood Moon: Year of the Wolf</div>

Bigger Than Me: 2.5/5
-In the first four lines, he manages to mention Eminem, Nas, Big Pun, 50 Cent, and Jay-Z. Classic Game. Classic. The Game comes in here on a hard hitting beat with equally hard hitting beats. However, damn does he have some bad bars here. I'm not expecting lyricism, but shit hurts to listen to. Really, any lines that end in "ass *****"....nah. "Frank Ocean go ahead and fuck these fuck niggas" is also terrible. Did I mention he name drops a lot on this track? He mentions that Complex can make a list of all his name drops as a shot at them, but damn son, how about you come up with actual bars instead of just showing off your hip hop knowledge? Game comes in with a lot of energy on this track and I would love this like this one, but fuck, he's just so bad on this song. Again, I am not expecting it to sound like poetry or nothing, but I want it to be listenable. His bars here...are not. However, the beat is hot and I love the energy he brings on the track, so I do not hate it as much as I could.

F.U.N.: 3/5
-It is no longer 2005 and 50 Cent is no longer on The Game's hooks. This hook was made for 50, but sadly, no 50. Let's shed a tear for one of the greatest duos. Thanks for "Hate It Or Love It" and "How We Do", brahs. The Game does better on this one and keeps the energy from the last track. In particular, I love the way he ends the first verse, "Watch how I'm driving, can't let the double cup spill on me / Same block and stop snitchin', mother fuckers still on me / G-Unit had a reunion". His flow and delivery of those lines is great. Also have to say I was not expecting horrorcore with lines like, "I tie up your wife, pull out my dick jack it off, kiss the knife / Before I cut her, take my jacket off, fuck her then hit the lights", which is like The Game trying to emulate Eminem or something at this point (I know Em isn't the king of horrorcore, but let's be real here, The Game's choking on his dick). This one is pretty weak too, but again, not horrid thanks to The Game's great flow and delivery here.

Really (ft. Yo Gotti, 2 Chainz, Soulja Boy, & T.I.): 4.25/5
-Ah, this is more like it. The Game is known for his game drops first and foremost, but right after that is his love of features. Boy oh boy does my man love his features. This one is a small track compared to some of his usual stuff. Just four features? Rookie shit. I really like 2 Chainz on this one. The beat was really just made for him and he murders it. T.I. also does well here with his flow that would make a cookbook riveting to listen to. In particular, I really dug his delivery of the lines, "And no disrespect, boy, you violate me, we gon' handle that / Blow your ass off the map". The Game, however, really kills this one. Like, damn. "Niggas ain't gon' kill shit / I'm ridin' 'round, 7 pounds, *****, Will Smith / It's a whole heck of y'all and a whole deck of cards / This shit right here you can't deal with / Two ice cubes and some cognac / Spent some time in twin towers, I ain't goin' back / Spent my commissary on some M&M's thinkin' I was Eminem / Runnin' Aftermath in all black / I'll slaughter your house with 5 9's". He's almost screaming at times and you can feel his passion here." The closing bars here...also dope, "Like Nasir and Hov when I'm 40 years old / I will still be the pilot that light up the stove / And be cookin' that crack 'til the Doctor come back / And tell niggas that Detox come out this October / Like Ol' Dirty Bastard, I'm finally sober / And verses like this'll get me a new Rover / Get you a new home and it's in a casket / Your funeral boring, I'm glad that it's over". When I first saw this track on the track listing, I expected the worse, but damn is it ever dope thanks to The Game going absolutely the fuck in.

Fuck Yo Feelings (ft. Lil Wayne & Chris Brown): 1.5/5
-Yes, let's autotune the hell out of The Game's vocals. Good idea, guys. Definitely trying to be a banger with a beat like this and the dumb lyrics, this is simply not The Game's wheelhouse. Also hate the autotune on Chris Brown and then on Lil Wayne's hook. Just really, autotuned to hell. Could have been a dope banger that became a guilty pleasure to me, but oh man the autotune.

On One (ft. King Marie & Ty Dolla Sign): 1.25/5
-"(Please), bae trippin', I don't know what the hell wrong / Bae dippin' she on some shit". Did he really just use "bae" in a song? Oh man have times changed. Time machine me, please. The Game's verse is more like an intro since he just sets the table for King Marie and Ty Dolla Sign here. I really like King Marie's vocals on this track, but sadly Ty Dolla Sign is horrid with bars like, "Fuck her in the room with the speakers loud, yeah / She give me head on the highway / She say her favorite position is sideways, ooh." The fuck brah, nobody gives a shit. Though, I do love the "cinnamon apple" quote from the popular vine video. Hilarious shit, but that does not save this one from being dreadful.

Married To The Game (ft. French Montana, Dubb, & Sam Hook): 1.5/5
-No Game, Dubb, and French, motherfucker does not rhyme with motherfucker. Though, it can make for hot bars. Sure, The Game is talking about literally nothing (literally nothing), but I do enjoy his verse. It is certainly nothing that will be enshrined as the best verse ever, but I fucks with it. French Montana is trash, though. Dubb...also weak as fuck. I cannot in good faith give this one a good rating. The beat is trash, just not interesting at all and really lacks the quality I am looking for in a banger. The hook is fire, sure, but that is not a saving grace here.

The Purge (ft. Stacy Barthe): 4.75/5
-Man is Stacy Barthe's contribution to this track ever amazing. Holy cow, beautiful voice and beautiful vocals. Wowowowow. "Light a blunt, throw on Nas, collect my thoughts / Blow the candles out as I contemplate in the dark / Dumpin' ashes on the fuckin' Time magazine / Tryna burn a hole between Israel and Palestine / All this world news, all these dead bodies / All these kids dying, the talk of illuminati", "You give a kid 30 cent and think you sponsor somethin'? / I feed a village by myself ***** Compton comin'", and "Me and my mercenaries, middle of South Sudan / Carryin' babies bodies, long as I got two hands / Long as I got two feet, millions and my crew deep / We purge for the families, they deaths ain't in vein now" are dope, and the bars, "Crash my ass, niggas know who shot that plane down / 298 innocent lives severed / Flyin' on Aaliyah's wings all the way to heaven" are just touching as fuck. The way this album was going, I was no expecting a track like this to pop up. Everybody let a manly tear drop from your eye here as Game laments the death of the innocent and wishes he could kill all wrong doers. Really touching shit from The Game and I truly was not expecting this one. Great song.

Trouble On My Mind (ft. Dubb & Jake&Papa): 4/5
-Do not like the hook here, but on the positive side of things, Dubb is dope here. "Sixteen with it, ho, one in the chamber / Mask on my face so I remain a stranger" and "Bloody rag wrapped around my motherfucking tech / Snoop "Murder Was The Case" what was playing in the deck" are delivered perfectly and he has a great flow throughout the track. Impressed by Dubb, who I had never heard of. I do not know why The Game decided to give him a solo track, but whatever.

Cellphone (ft. Dubb): 2.25/5
-I really like the beat here, pretty laid back and chill. However, The Game's stuff does not really match up with it at all. He does not flow very well over the beat, but Dubb certainly does much better here than The Game. Not awesome from him, but terrible. The hook is pretty bad as well on this one. Overall, not much to say, other than: eh. This isn't dreadful, but it does suck pretty bad.

Best Head Ever (ft. Tyga & Eric Bellinger): .5/5
-Ok, this one has the weirdest skit intro ever. Bar fucking none. Like, what the living fuck. The hook is dreadful here from Tyga. His verse, however, is not horrendous. In particular, really dug his flow on the line, "Or ride dolo and get no dough, you know what". Tyga brings very little to the table, but his flow is nice. The Game's verse is gross as fuck to listen to, but I hate it because the line, "I got a bitch named Superhead, she give super head" opens it. LIKE, DUDE, YOU USED THAT ONE ALREADY. Ok, so this one is garbage already, but then it gets worse with Eric Bellinger's disturbingly sexual verse and then the autotune on his voice. Shot him and put him out of his misery, because he sounds like a dying animal here.

Or Nah (ft. Too Short, Problem, AV, & Eric Bellinger): 1/5
-Just going to pretend this one is not here, to be completely honest with you. Solid beat, at least and I like Eric Bellinger's contribution to the song on the hook. However, other than that, I will take a hard pass on this song.

Take That (ft. Tyga & Pharaoh Jackson): 3.25/5
-This beat is pretty interesting, I have to admit. Certainly grabbed my attention. Not overly unique, sure, but it does bump. Pharoah Jackson is fine on this one, as it is just Tyga and him on this track. He dominates much of this one and does just fine. I like his vocals, though is lyrics leave a bit to be desired at times. Though, I love his delivery on the lines, "Shake that, girl, I wanna feel your body, yeah / Take that, got a hundred grand on me / Can't fake that, girl, I'm a real OG". Tyga also does just fine on this one. Nothing horrible from him. Now, in saying that, this song is certainly not good, but it's not putrid. Thanks Tyga and Pharaoh Jackson, you managed to raise the bar a bit (woah).

Food For My Stomach (ft. Dubb & Skeme): 3.5/5
-"Spray out Caprices, drive by with the reaper / I hang out the window like I'm an AC / Bodies turn cold after losing your pulse / Turn that dude to a ghost like the homie SP". Oh, so Dubb is going in and killing this one? I'm totally ok with that. Featuring just Dubb and Skeme, Dubb fucking kills this pretty run-of-the-mill beat. Skeme also does well, in particular on his delivery of bars like, "Grab a cartrige, get to sparkin a targetin like all of my opponents / Raise these haters up off of me / Talk some cash when you talk to me / I ain’t got no love for you if you ain’t getting guwop with me / All my niggas from day one who I’m gon take to the top with me / And this shotty on me, got that boy walkin so awkwardly". I am not a huge fan of the hook or, again, the beat, but I am not overly mad at this one. Again, two guys not named The Game are saving his album a bit here at the end.

Hit Em Hard (ft. Bobby Shmurda, Freddie Gibbs, & Skeme): 4.5/5
-Heard this one before the album dropped and it banged like all then and it bangs like all hell now. "That Rolls Royce, come gift-wrapped / Them birds still come shrink-wrapped / I'm not strapped, don't think that / I'm low key with that click clack / That rat a tat tat tat tat" and "And I ain’t wearing no vest today / I do the Shmoney dance with this mac / You better do it too or get Shmurda’d" from The Game are dope. Love his flow and delivery on the whole verse, really. Also love Freddie Gibbs here as expected. He was born to be on this beat and he showed it with bars like, "Running cocaina back and forth / Copped the bag of salt / E S to the G N / I’m the boss dropped the package off / Coming for the murder, masks is off / Bitch you took a loss / Fuck the DEA we shook ‘em off / Bitch we shook ‘em off" and "You know the business, them niggas find out that you snitchin', them niggas gon' be at your throat / Everyday Halloween niggas will go trick or treatin', with two tweny-three at your door / Flippin' a check off this rappin', go back to the trap and put that in the weed and the blow like". Skeme does well here, as well, though he is outshined by both The Game and Gibbs here. Also love Bobby Shmurda on the hook throughout. Appropriately hard hitting hook for a hard hitting track. All around, yay, a good song.

Black On Black (ft. Jeezy & Kevin Gates): 4/5
-The Game on his name drop game on this verse as he name drops everybody under the sun here. Though, I do love the line, "Put ten karats on my daughter ear, fuck it / She deserved every rock I done sold out in public". Nothing really stood out to me in Jeezy's verse, but I do love his flow and delivery on it as expected. Lyrically, there is not much (again, expected), but overall, solid stuff from him there. His hook and bridge are also very good here and, honestly, make the song for me. Kevin Gates comes in and eats the booty (he appreciates his woman, man, he been incarcerated). Though, I do love his closing bars here, "Dicks cut the water 'fore they kick a ***** door / Tried to flush it down the toilet but the dope just float / Tear gas from the cannon / Everybody scramblin', but I ain't never panic / Double homicide, broad day, that's my jacket / Try to bird feed, cut throat, I'mma jack you / And I take change, I'm a serve when they askin' / Come from out of town, I'mma tax, no relaxin'". All three guys do just fine here and the beat is nice, so I cannot be too mad. Overall, a good banger.

41.5/75 -> 2.77/5

An album of true high and true lows, Blood Moon: Year of the Wolf has, shockingly, beat out Blacc Hollywood by Wiz Khalifa for the worst album I listened to all year. I honestly did not expect it to, but it has. I love The Game, namely his albums The Documentary and Doctor's Advocate. Also enjoyed, to a certain extent, The R.E.D. Album and Jesus Piece. However, this one is recycling bin worthy. Hell, this is why they invented the recycling bin. "The Purge" and "Hit Em Hard" are really good songs, honestly. However, there is so much garbage here with tracks like "On One", "Married to the Game", "Best Head Ever", and "Or Nah", it pulls the whole album down. Sad part is, the only reason this album is not lower is the inclusion of some tracks without The Game, which wound up being better than a majority of the tracks that did include him. Sad times for a guy who used to be one of the best West Coast guys out there.

Jeez. That is low. Even for a game album.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Dec 29 2014, 11:49 PM
Jeez. That is low. Even for a game album.
It wasn't that bad.

More important, Pretty Flacko 2: https://soundcloud.com/asapmob/lord-pretty-...nez-rio/s-lzxH6

#GENE4HOF

Quote:Originally posted by lemieux66lemieux@Dec 31 2014, 06:49 PM

It wasn't that bad.

More important, Pretty Flacko 2: https://soundcloud.com/asapmob/lord-pretty-...nez-rio/s-lzxH6

Yes it was.

AND LORD FLACKO JODYE SEASON APPROACHES

GOAT BEAT, GOAT SWAGGER, GOAT TRILL

THERE'S A NEW KANYE SONG OMGOMGOMGOMG

https://soundcloud.com/bitemeapplesign/only-one

HOLY FUCK MY HANDS MY EMOTIONS MY JOY

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Dec 31 2014, 09:09 PM
https://soundcloud.com/bitemeapplesign/only-one

HOLY FUCK MY HANDS MY EMOTIONS MY JOY

What a terrible way to ring in the new year.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Jan 1 2015, 01:19 AM

What a terrible way to ring in the new year.
wtf

#GENE4HOF

Quote:Originally posted by lemieux66lemieux@Jan 1 2015, 02:42 AM

wtf

It's Kanye doing what I hate Kanye doing.

Autotuning it up.