Create Account

Last movie you watched thread

still waiting for that Sling Blade review, SPANGS.

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Mar 3 2015, 10:19 PM
Do you take notes while watching movies?

He's just hoping his Arts degree and this practice will allow him to find a job in reviewing movies.

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@Mar 4 2015, 12:29 AM

He's just hoping his Arts degree and this practice will allow him to find a job in reviewing movies.

That's why I'm a business major (though I would dig a job as a movie reviewer).

I would never hire someone who hasn't reviewed Sling Blade.

id hire you spangs

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Mar 4 2015, 12:49 AM
id hire you spangs

<3

Quit ignoring me spangles

Quote:Originally posted by GOLDlab@Mar 3 2015, 10:17 PM
Quit ignoring me spangles

he doesn't like you man. Let it go.

I know but the movie SLING BLADE deserves better than this horse SHIT.

[Image: ngsblzy-gif.3965wyqwl.gif]

[Image: RZw6T4r.png]

everytime I see GOLDlab

[Image: sandy.jpg]

Has anyone seen the new 30 for 30 on the 1980 US hockey team?

[Image: 220px-Identity_poster.jpg]

8/10 - Entirely unique, Identity is a film that rides on its twists and turns, which will leave you on the edge of your seat throughout. A perfect example of psychological horror, this one will bend your brain as you try to put the pieces together, and then actually let you snap them together before finally punching you in the brain at the end. The direction from James Mangold is very good, as he managed to help this film not get lost with its complex and unique premise, which is impressive to say the least. I also really liked the cinematography here, really captured everything beautifully. The acting from John Cusack, Ray Liotta, Amanda Peet, and John Hawkes, is really good, though the whole cast is pretty strong as a unit. Overall, Identity is one that will have you questioning what is going on throughout and while it is not one that will eat you up inside for a few days afterwards with questions, it is one that will stay with you thanks to the impeccable last half hour and, hell, strong first hour preceding that. This is one that sets you up very well and then pulls the chair out from underneath you.

[Image: 220px-Bronson_poster.jpg]

4/10 - Extremely claustrophobic, Bronson is possibly Nicolas Winding Refn's best film in my eyes. As you can tell, I am not a fan of his. The cinematography is gorgeous, sure, but the film is entirely off-putting and never really hooks you in. Tom Hardy is phenomenal here, but ultimately, the film itself is too shallow and self-indulgent to really do anything important. Charles Bronson is a riveting person and though he may not be worthy of having a film made about him, he certainly makes for an interesting character study. Sadly, the film is so short and so focused on how violent we can make it, it never really conducts this study and you are just left saying, "wow he's pretty violent, eh?" If this is the intent, then good job on the success, but it does not make this one an interesting biographical film in the least. Yet again, Nicolas Winding Refn sacrifices substance for style and yet again, it blows up in his face. The style is gorgeous, again, but without Hardy's fantastic embodiment of Bronson, this one would be far worse.

[Image: 220px-Juice_Poster.jpg]

7/10 - On a journey of self-destruction, Juice is a riveting film about life in the inner city and how corrupting of a lifestyle it can be if you hang around the wrong people. Unfortunately for many, anybody they hang around is a bad choice to associate with, as is the case in Juice. Featuring good direction from Ernest Dickerson and good performances from Omar Epps, Tupac Shakur, Jermaine Hopkins, and Khalil Kain, Juice is an authentic and sobering portrayal of life for those living in poor conditions. Always engrossing, this one really makes you feel as though you are in the same situation as the characters and really makes you feel attached to them in its short hour and a half run time. Overall, Juice is yet another hood drama that does a very good job making you feel the pain and suffering of those caught up in the hood.

[Image: 220px-40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg]

7/10 - I went in with very low expectations, so to say they were exceeded would be an understatement. Shockingly funny and entertaining, The 40 Year Old Virgin is rife with dirty/immature jokes, but they were handled so maturely (makes sense if you don't think about it), that they were actually funny. Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, Paul Rudd, Romany Malco, and Seth Rogen, were all great and really worked well together comedically. The writing and direction from Judd Apatow were both very good. While extremely awkward at times, The 40 Year Old Virgin is a shockingly good romantic comedy that manages to, yes, actually be oddly romantic at times. I typically hate movies like this, but it is so well-written and handled that it is impossible to hate. Plus, Steve Carell is absolutely stellar, so that helps as well. Overall, while far off from being my favorite comedy ever, The 40 Year Old Virgin kept me laughing throughout and blended the romance perfectly with the comedic elements.

<3 Juice