Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Joey Badass
Skyzoo
Action Bronson
Asap Rocky

these guys are pretty much the biggest things in New York right now......Kendrick shits on them all.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Just listened to it and holy fucking shit. Mortal Man gave me goosebumps too.

Awesome album. Gonna take a few more listens to really get a full feel for it but damn I love this album. Mortal Man took it to another level for me though.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Mar 16 2015, 12:28 PM
Joey Badass
Skyzoo
Action Bronson
Asap Rocky

these guys are pretty much the biggest things in New York right now......Kendrick shits on them all.

Kendrick's better, but I wouldn't agree with Maxy that they're all shit. All of those guys bring a lot to the table.

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 16 2015, 11:43 AM
ATL rap rn >

I think you meant to say *ATL rap rn = horribly deafening trash. Easy error to make.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 16 2015, 12:50 PM

Kendrick's better, but I wouldn't agree with Maxy that they're all shit. All of those guys bring a lot to the table.
Meh, I like Skyzoo, I like ASAP but other than that, Really dislike Action Bronson and can't stand Joey Badass

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 16 2015, 12:51 PM

Meh, I like Skyzoo, I like ASAP but other than that, Really dislike Action Bronson and can't stand Joey Badass

I don't disagree about Action. He's got talent, but doesn't really appeal to me.

Also I should point out I mean NY is trash now compared to what greatness it used to be. From some of the greatest rappers ever to what it is now has taken a huge huge huge step back. You can't tell me that anything out of NY right now can compare with guys like Big Pun, Big Daddy Kane, Jay Z, Biggie, Nas, Rakim ect. ect.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 16 2015, 12:58 PM
Also I should point out I mean NY is trash now compared to what greatness it used to be. From some of the greatest rappers ever to what it is now has taken a huge huge huge step back. You can't tell me that anything out of NY right now can compare with guys like Big Pun, Big Daddy Kane, Jay Z, Biggie, Nas, Rakim ect. ect.

No doubt. Don't forget Big L too.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 16 2015, 12:59 PM

No doubt. Don't forget Big L too.
I loved loved loved Big L, real shame he got taken so soon. Think he had a ton more to offer :(

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 16 2015, 12:51 PM

I think you meant to say *ATL rap rn = horribly deafening trash. Easy error to make.

:lol: :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Trill@Mar 16 2015, 01:03 PM

:lol: :lol:

Who, exactly, do you think is good from Atlanta right now? Killer Mike is the only guy, but I get the sense you're not talking about him.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 16 2015, 10:05 AM

Who, exactly, do you think is good from Atlanta right now? Killer Mike is the only guy, but I get the sense you're not talking about him.

It depends on what you like really.

Some people like Childish Gambino so there is that.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Mar 16 2015, 01:16 PM

It depends on what you like really.

Some people like Childish Gambino so there is that.
I love Childish Gambino but he's not anywhere near someone who can put ATL hip hop near the top Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 16 2015, 10:17 AM

I love Childish Gambino but he's not anywhere near someone who can put ATL hip hop near the top Smile)

Well no but Spangs was calling ATL trash besides Killer Mike and depending on who you would ask, Childish Gambino bucks that statement.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Mar 16 2015, 01:20 PM

Well no but Spangs was calling ATL trash besides Killer Mike and depending on who you would ask, Childish Gambino bucks that statement.
Oh gotcha. I have a feeling Dyl is talking about 2 Chains for some reason Smile)

Luda's not trash, I mean he's definitely not as good as he once was but I don't think he's quite trash.