Create Account

Olympics

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Apr 29 2012, 10:20 AM
I love Joes idea, it would really create some nice underdog-situations and stuff like that Smile. And if some teams need a lot of dummy-players, so what? It just makes it more realistic, a team like Germany would ice a line-up with a few NHL/SHL-guys while the majority of the players are from the german league and are pretty mediocre, just like in reality Smile
Yes sir

Quote:Originally posted by Falkirk@Apr 29 2012, 10:06 AM
ya we dont need this lol
^

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Apr 29 2012, 10:20 AM
I love Joes idea, it would really create some nice underdog-situations and stuff like that Smile. And if some teams need a lot of dummy-players, so what? It just makes it more realistic, a team like Germany would ice a line-up with a few NHL/SHL-guys while the majority of the players are from the german league and are pretty mediocre, just like in reality Smile

It's nice in principle, but how fun will it be when a team relies on cpu players...yea, not a lot.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 29 2012, 05:59 PM

It's nice in principle, but how fun will it be when a team relies on cpu players...yea, not a lot.

I think people overestimate the importance of CPU-players... They will be used to fill out the bottom-lines, while the active players play the important roles. I think the current IHF-system works just fine, but the Olympics would be a nice addition while also taking a different approach then all the other tourneys.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Apr 29 2012, 08:45 PM

I think people overestimate the importance of CPU-players... They will be used to fill out the bottom-lines, while the active players play the important roles. I think the current IHF-system works just fine, but the Olympics would be a nice addition while also taking a different approach then all the other tourneys.

Some teams will be more than half CPU's. They'll have an impact, no matter how low their atts are.

we have the olympics every offseason already. Real life difference is the best players only come to olympics and not IHF, but here we have the best players already in the IHF games

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 30 2012, 03:02 AM

Some teams will be more than half CPU's. They'll have an impact, no matter how low their atts are.

But that's part of the fun. You'll have some teams with a high amount of CPUs who will play kind of an underdog role, which would make every win even sweeter.

I love playing for Team UK, but in the end Team UK is just an artificial construct. Having one tournament every few seasons where I play for my actual home county (and not just a team where a bunch of countries are packed together so that they can compete with Canada or the US), even if it means we'd probably lose most of the games because of the CPUs, would be great for all the other small nations.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Apr 29 2012, 09:10 PM

But that's part of the fun. You'll have some teams with a high amount of CPUs who will play kind of an underdog role, which would make every win even sweeter.

I love playing for Team UK, but in the end Team UK is just an artificial construct. Having one tournament every few seasons where I play for my actual home county (and not just a team where a bunch of countries are packed together so that they can compete with Canada or the US), even if it means we'd probably lose most of the games because of the CPUs, would be great for all the other small nations.

So for these smaller countries. How do we determine who makes the cut? a 16 team championship division then a d1 division like in the olympics?

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Daco@Apr 29 2012, 08:05 PM
we have the olympics every offseason already. Real life difference is the best players only come to olympics and not IHF, but here we have the best players already in the IHF games

Thats why in the world championship should only allow players that lose in the first 2 rounds of playoffs to join.

If we do that i'm playing for Germany...

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Apr 29 2012, 06:45 PM

Thats why in the world championship should only allow players that lose in the first 2 rounds of playoffs to join.
So every team except for two?

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

As I allready said the mode should be different to the IHF world cup and the olympics should only be every 2 or 3 season.

And ofc many fews will have tons of random players, but we will give them names and so on, I am sure that doesnt matter. As OcAirlines allready said they stand for the european players that need to fill up the rosters for some countries.

I agree that it make no sence to ercreate a team with 1 real player and 18 dummies if we take Portugal as nation.

But I like the idea and I see a lot of potential to change things relating to the IHF tourney Wink

fuck olympics

Quote:Originally posted by joecool37@Apr 29 2012, 08:32 AM
I love Olympia  B)

I have a few ideas for an olympic tournament.

First of all it should be differnt to the IHF World Cup.

That means we need another mode, if we would run such a olympic tourney I would present a interesting mode with group stages and knock outs.

Then I would bring some more countries.
After looking at the  eligible player list for every country we could make these nations:
- Canada (66 players)
- USA (36 players)
- Russia inclues the eastern europe countries urkaine and latvia (22 players)
- Finland (9 Players)
- Sweden 9 Players)
- Denmark (5 Players)
- United Kingdom (11 players)
- Germany (18 players)
- Slovakia/ Czech Rep./Poland (7 players)
- Italy (5 players)
- European Fedation - Portugal/Spain/Austria/Swizerland/Belgium/Greece (8 players)
- Asia/Australia/Africa (7 players)

These are 12 nations and ferderations.

You need at least 18 players to make a lineup in the STHS, so every country that don´t have enough players get a chance to create some dummies with about 150-180 TPE, this will be the players that are playing in reality in europe for example.

Example:
Sweden has 9 players that are playing in north america atm in SHL and NJWHL, the Team Sweden GM will get a chance to create about 10 players with low TPE that will fit to his lineup.

There could be a random lottery that will allocate TPE to different countries for their dummies. I will depress this idea, when we really planing to start olympia

And olympic tourney should not be ever season, I would say ever 2 or 3 season to make it more special then IHF World Cup. We could make a break in mid of the reg. season, we could make the tourney in the SHL offseason or we could make it during the reg. season.

I have some fore ideas for rules of the tourney, but I won´t write them down right now as it takes some time for me to translate my toughts in english ^^

I wanna check first if there are enough interest in such a tourney then I would continue.

Lets inflame the olympic fire  :D

Don't bother man, take it from me, i used to run the IHF, it is a hassle and people will just shit all over your hard work, i almost quit the league because of how the people acted.

And that's why i never participate in any IHF event.

Quote:Originally posted by Fernando@May 2 2012, 02:45 PM

Don't bother man, take it from me, i used to run the IHF, it is a hassle and people will just shit all over your hard work, i almost quit the league because of how the people acted.

And that's why i never participate in any IHF event.

thx bud Wink