Create Account

Olympics

Why not every 4 seasons instead of having an All Star Game have an olympic hockey event?

Ilike But we could remove the IHF completely and have world jrs only? Or how would this work. Cause I would love having the idea of the Olympics

I am not to sure how the world championships work on this but why not have it the players that get knocked out in the first 1-2 rounds of playoffs have a chance to play in world championship just as it is in the NHL.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Apr 28 2012, 05:03 PM
I am not to sure how the world championships work on this but why not have it the players that get knocked out in the first 1-2 rounds of playoffs have a chance to play in world championship just as it is in the NHL.
That is what i was thinking, I think the olympic idea could work.

Olympics every 2 years no IHT

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Apr 28 2012, 06:03 PM

That is what I suggested last season tbh

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

good idea guys

No. We have this already, lol.

Why spangs

Quote:Originally posted by giova65@Apr 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Why spangs

Because we have it, haha.

I love Olympia B)

I have a few ideas for an olympic tournament.

First of all it should be differnt to the IHF World Cup.

That means we need another mode, if we would run such a olympic tourney I would present a interesting mode with group stages and knock outs.

Then I would bring some more countries.
After looking at the eligible player list for every country we could make these nations:
- Canada (66 players)
- USA (36 players)
- Russia inclues the eastern europe countries urkaine and latvia (22 players)
- Finland (9 Players)
- Sweden 9 Players)
- Denmark (5 Players)
- United Kingdom (11 players)
- Germany (18 players)
- Slovakia/ Czech Rep./Poland (7 players)
- Italy (5 players)
- European Fedation - Portugal/Spain/Austria/Swizerland/Belgium/Greece (8 players)
- Asia/Australia/Africa (7 players)

These are 12 nations and ferderations.

You need at least 18 players to make a lineup in the STHS, so every country that don´t have enough players get a chance to create some dummies with about 150-180 TPE, this will be the players that are playing in reality in europe for example.

Example:
Sweden has 9 players that are playing in north america atm in SHL and NJWHL, the Team Sweden GM will get a chance to create about 10 players with low TPE that will fit to his lineup.

There could be a random lottery that will allocate TPE to different countries for their dummies. I will depress this idea, when we really planing to start olympia

And olympic tourney should not be ever season, I would say ever 2 or 3 season to make it more special then IHF World Cup. We could make a break in mid of the reg. season, we could make the tourney in the SHL offseason or we could make it during the reg. season.

I have some fore ideas for rules of the tourney, but I won´t write them down right now as it takes some time for me to translate my toughts in english ^^

I wanna check first if there are enough interest in such a tourney then I would continue.

Lets inflame the olympic fire :D

I love ur idea man show us what more u got!

Its pretty much just the IHF with a different name. Only 3 countries could ice a full team without any created players or combining teams. If we could make it so the Olympics are every 2 or so seasons and the IHF is during the playoffs it could work but its kinda unnecessary.

ya we dont need this lol

I love Joes idea, it would really create some nice underdog-situations and stuff like that Smile. And if some teams need a lot of dummy-players, so what? It just makes it more realistic, a team like Germany would ice a line-up with a few NHL/SHL-guys while the majority of the players are from the german league and are pretty mediocre, just like in reality Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]