Create Account

Official Rap/R&B discussion thread

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Jun 2 2015, 10:47 PM

Who's worse, Chief Keef or Lil Durk?

Chief Keef all day long. Don't let this may you think Lil Durk is any good, however.

I listen to some Lil Durk. Chief Keef is shit.

Lil Bibby is better than both of them

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 2 2015, 09:53 PM

Chief Keef all day long. Don't let this may you think Lil Durk is any good, however.
Hah yeah it was a joke - I honestly think most people would have to try to put something as bad as anything Chief Keef's made in the past couple years.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Brooke Candy >>>

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2015/06/lil-wayne-glory/2/

WAYNE BRINGING STRAIGHT FIRE HOLY SHIT

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 3 2015, 12:40 PM

Fucking TIDAL apparently it's an exclusive release. Can't find the song anywhere Crybaby

Don't worry Baesed Taylor, I still love you

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jun 3 2015, 12:40 PM

Actually good or sarcasm? Can't listen rn lol

RIPDAVE

It's legit good. Lil Wayne has been real solid lately in features tbh. Anyways, found a link where you can listen to it

http://www.fuse.tv/2015/06/lil-wayne-glory

^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS

Quote:Originally posted by easymoneysniper@Jun 2 2015, 09:56 PM
Lil Bibby is better than both of them
duh, bibby is dope as hell

this new rocky album>>>

we still waiting for that yeezy though

I feel....odd... I have been listening to Action Bronson quite a bit lately. He's grown on me.

I'm stuck on dizzy wright

<div align="center">[Image: 220px-TygaGoldalbum.jpg]

Tyga - The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty</div>

Spitfire: 7/10
-This beat is fire. It honestly bumps something fierce. Featuring Tyga just spitting (I guess that's where the title comes from), this one is actually pretty solid. It stops short of being something that really grabs you, but he does have some good lines here, such as, "This ain't no ball game, mad ruckus / More like the Rucker, more like Christchurch, mother / Teresa cash, credit and visas". However, the real star here is the beat.

Muh Fucka (ft. A.E.): 2/10
-A track in which Tyga presents the theory that "muh fucka" is the only word in the English language, the beat here is yet again hot. It also contains some bars aimed at Drake as rappers continue the rabbit hole of beefing over Instagram likes. Seriously, all dudes should not give a shit who likes your girl's pics. If you're the one with her, why do you give a shit? Just makes them look thirsty. Anyways, this one is pretty bad. The beat is nice, but God does Tyga leave much to be desired. If he mixed up the lyrics a bit and did not try to shoehorn "muh fucka" into every line, it could have been better.

Shaka Zulu: 8/10
-My God this beat is haunting and bumps like all hell. If you roll down the street with this bumping, I envy you. Damn. Tyga does reasonably well on this one as he flows pretty well and his bars, though stupid, compliment the beat nicely. However, the line, "But your Playboy bunny's ears full of carrots, I told y'all" is oddly creative for Tyga. He probably spent like an entire week trying to come up with this line. A pure banger in every sense of the word, this one is a track that I will play when I am just looking to listen to hot beats with no regards for the lyrics. Tracks such as "No Type", "No Flex Zone", and "My *****", fall in the same category. To those tracks, welcome "Shaka Zulu" into the club.

God Talk: 8/10
-Damn. I was never expecting to hear Tyga sound this hungry and, well, competent on a track in which his bars take center stage. The beat here is entirely background music (though it is pretty solid). With the light solely on him, Tyga steps up the plate and hits a triple. Short of a home run, he does do quite well here with a great flow and really good delivery. He's got some good bars such as, "I'm God's gift like Christmas time / The money Jewish but it's black on black crimes" and "I'm known coast to coast, you tryna play god / With the devil's robes / It's only one god, boy, you far from close". You can also really hear the influence of Kanye on the outro with the sonically altered and repeating line, "And the Lord he told me find my way home". Overall, I am really impressed here.

Hard For You: 4/10
-Pretty good beat on this one, but I don't know, this one never hit me. I kept waiting for inspiration what to think here and no matter how many spins I give this track, I get nothing. Tyga is entirely boring on this one and it just makes you say "eh ok". Sure, he does well here and the beat is nice, but it just falls so flat.

Down For a Min: 2/10
-Tyga sings here with heavy autotune (thanks Kanye...). He can't sing and the autotune does not help this fact. I think that is all that needs to be said about this track.

Pure Luxury: 4/10
-An interesting track that blends some relatively deep and impactful lines such as, "Went east side where rain poured and souls cried, no sunshine / Tomorrow when tears dry, no one'll make it out alive" with the luxury that Tyga sought as a young kid. In spite of these occasional good lines, this track does fall flat. In spite of its dark moody beat that really is pretty good, it is just too long at five minutes, considering Tyga is just not interesting enough to carry a track for that long. His delivery is boring and lackluster and his flow largely uninteresting. The beat and decent execution of his concept save this one from being worse.

Wham: 7/10
-Another banger, Tyga does quite well here on this beat that low-key bumps. The lyrics are nothing particularly special, but he really rides the beat nicely here and, like I said, it bangs. This one's success is due to the hot beat and Tyga not ruining it. Banger status: certified.

Pleazer (ft. Boosie Badazz): 1/10
-"Tell her, "Shut the fuck up and suck my dick" / She a real dick-pleaser, won't you face my dick / She likes dick, dick, dick and nothin' else but dick". Pure poetry. Over the top sexual, this one is quite horrific. Tyga better hope he's not lying when he says this track is old and not a track dedicated to Kylie Jenner. Regardless of her being 17, she'd probably leave him like Ariana left Big Sean. If you like tracks that are disrespectfully sexual, this one is the one for you.

Hollywood Niggaz: 1/10
-"I don’t drive no Honda *****, only fuck with foreign whips". God is Tyga dumb. Terrible lyrically featuring a pretty interesting and unique beat that is alright I guess, this one is pretty terrible as well. For some reason, parts of his verses have altered vocals, which only continue to make the track worse. This one is shockingly bad.

4 My Dawgs (ft. Lil Wayne): 2/10
-Featuring Lil Wayne on the hook. Though I really focus while writing my reviews on the lyrics and the track, I honestly fell asleep listening to this one. I got really nothing other than that to say about the 11th entry to this album. Tyga is incredibly boring and uninteresting on this track and Lil Wayne's hook adds pretty much nothing. His interesting is alright, but just keeps repeating and repeating to the point of annoyance.

Bloodline: 7/10
-Great pre-hook here that has Kanye's hands all over it, "Have not betrayed your ideals / Your ideals betrayed you / Your eyes will not close / What are you gonna do?" Though, really, this track is so post-MBDTF Kanye is hurts. Tyga really comes through on it too with a hungry delivery and great flow. Some bars that stood out to me included, "Never seen real life like a gangster movie / Though we kept that Uzi, black gators, we're movin' / Like pharaohs in tombs, bitch, I'm back in tune, bitch" and "Years ago I swear I was Prince Zamunda / Now I'm King T Ruler". A major turn around from the last few tracks, I am probably overrating this one since the last few were so horrific, but this one is honestly pretty good.

53/120 -> 4.42/10

The intro track on Meek Mill's new album heavily samples one of Mozart's compositions. 2015 baby!