Create Account

GoB's writing thread - Website Goes Live!

Looking into a Kickstarter for physical copies btw.

Also, a 50 word story.

https://www.facebook.com/PenningEmerson/pos...35?notif_t=like

[Image: 5va9vm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jul 28 2015, 08:24 PM
[Image: 5va9vm.png]

YO YOU MADE IT OMG. Excuse me while I fangirl.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 28 2015, 08:39 PM

YO YOU MADE IT OMG. Excuse me while I fangirl.

Actually my 2nd response from Neil Gaimam. First was regarding my intro quote in NaD, from Neverwhere.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jul 28 2015, 08:45 PM

Actually my 2nd response from Neil Gaimam. First was regarding my intro quote in NaD, from Neverwhere.

Yeah that is true. That exchange happened on Twitter though? Didn't know that, assumed you nailed or emailed that. Pretty neat though.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Jul 28 2015, 08:49 PM

Yeah that is true. That exchange happened on Twitter though? Didn't know that, assumed you nailed or emailed that. Pretty neat though.

Yeah, it was brief. I think he just said sure.

FYI, I received this email today:

Quote:Dear Alex,

I'm pleased to tell you that your poem, "Desideratum" has been accepted for Issue # 9 of The Whirlwind Review. The issue will go online by the end of September.

Bumping because it's finally published. Will bump when the kickstarter is ready as well.

http://www.writingthewhirlwind.net

Just launched the website!

http://www.penningemerson.com/

As an aspiring writer, I wish you the best of luck.

As a poor student, sorry I can't buy anything.

Thanks.

I'd rather those on the fence wait and support the kickstarter, for what it's worth. Smile

Added a new section to the site [also, a link in my sig], where I'm going to have some short free content. Right now only has one thing, but the site is very much a living, breathing thing. Check it out!

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Dec 17 2015, 02:15 PM
Added a new section to the site [also, a link in my sig], where I'm going to have some short free content. Right now only has one thing, but the site is very much a living, breathing thing. Check it out!

cool site man!

the red font gets a little hard to read over certain portions of the backdrop

other than that good stuff!

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

You're an awesome writer btw GoB

But you're wearing a Fedora in that picture of you on the site soooooo......

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Dec 17 2015, 03:23 PM

cool site man!

the red font gets a little hard to read over certain portions of the backdrop

other than that good stuff!

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a good font color that will be easier on the eyes. I might just go straight white throughout.